• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, Let's rate the looks of the poster above you!

CREMSteve

We need more people brutally rating all of us that posted our pics. I love that. I love the honesty.
I dig the honesty as well. It's really interesting to see how what is attractive to one person can be completely unattractive to another. I'm sure there's studies that have been done to explain why it is, I'd like to read that one day.

Of course, I'd have to stop reading GAF long enough to do it, so it'll probably never happen. Ce la vie.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm not sure what's worse, getting a series of brutally honest low scores, or the fact that not a single person commented on my contribution, lol.

To be considered unattractive or invisible... Not sure which I prefer. Damnit GAF, am I a hottie or not?! :p
Post a pic that isn't a kissy face. Duck and/or kissy faces are inherently unattractive so I can't make a fair comment. :p

MikeyB

I'm not sure what's worse, getting a series of brutally honest low scores, or the fact that not a single person commented on my contribution, lol.

To be considered unattractive or invisible... Not sure which I prefer. Damnit GAF, am I a hottie or not?! :p

You don't make me gag. You are not a 1. I don't avert my eyes on spotting you, you're not a 2-3. You're not mundane to the point of unnoticeable, so you're not a 4-6. You're not a model, so you're not a 8 or 9. I don't feel compelled to make out with you despite my heterosexuality, so you're not a 10.

You, dear sir, are a very respectable 7. Not hurting my game one way or another. Let's drink.

Dennis

Banned
I wonder if this thread really represents a good view of the average look of a GAF member or if the endeavour is skewed by the kind of people willing, or eager, to post their picture.

rokkerkory

10942626_10153062418093758_5937703710762398979_n.jpg

damn it's kinda big sorry

We need more people brutally rating all of us that posted our pics. I love that. I love the honesty.

I don't think everybody posting here actually wants brutal honesty. Some certainly do, but it's not for everyone.

It's also really hard to be consistent in a huge list. Get far enough in, and you start to second guess all of your earlier votes, only you can't mess with them because then that means refining the whole list. It's a recursive nightmare, where the only easy way out is to just inflate a lot of scores, so not much would be achieved.

I'd say around 4.5, the angle is working against you.
I'm glad I didn't post any pictures.

Crisis averted. :p
Well, it's a statistical fact that half will be below 5 and half above. That's why a 5 is a 5. For me at least. I don't really like lying straight into people's faces but that's just me.

What if brutal honesty is what most people are posting? In my scale 5 is the average person, with each point below having a feature that is off-putting. For example, an average person with a crooked nose would be a four, and an average person with a crooked nose and really uneven eyes would be a 3. A person that basically looks beat up to all hell would be a 1. A 10 is really hard to be, basically flawless in every way with a 9 being most models and some actors.

What if brutal honesty is what most people are posting? In my scale 5 is the average person, with each point below having a feature that is off-putting. For example, an average person with a crooked nose would be a four, and an average person with a crooked nose and really uneven eyes would be a 3. A person that basically looks beat up to all hell would be a 1. A 10 is really hard to be, basically flawless in every way with a 9 being most models and some actors.

Even that's hard to quantify. For example, I think Natalie Dormer's crooked smile makes her more pretty. Some flaws work well with each other to make a more interesting look.

CREMSteve

edit - above is a solid 7, you look like a guy I could hang with. In as manly a way as possible, of course. :p

Post a pic that isn't a kissy face. Duck and/or kissy faces are inherently unattractive so I can't make a fair comment. :p

We hit Vegas last month, here's a shot from Zarkana, which was a great show btw!

1CvrCGk.jpg

edit 2 -
You don't make me gag. You are not a 1. I don't avert my eyes on spotting you, you're not a 2-3. You're not mundane to the point of unnoticeable, so you're not a 4-6. You're not a model, so you're not a 8 or 9. I don't feel compelled to make out with you despite my heterosexuality, so you're not a 10.

You, dear sir, are a very respectable 7. Not hurting my game one way or another. Let's drink.

I can live with this. :D Cheers!

edit 3 -

I'd say around 4.5, the angle is working against you.

Well, it's a statistical fact that half will be below 5 and half above. That's why a 5 is a 5. For me at least. I don't really like lying straight into people's faces but that's just me.

A 4.5, ouch, that one stings a bit, lol. Thanks for the honesty though!

Even that's hard to quantify. For example, I think Natalie Dormer's crooked smile makes her more pretty. Some flaws work well with each other to make a more interesting look.
Oh, I agree that sometimes a flaw can make an unexceptional person significantly more attractive, but for like 85% of people, that same flaw would make them look worse. It all really comes down to the individual, and I'm sure every poster here is attractive to someone in the world.

CREMSteve

Might as well post my FB pic here too:
6Bh7hUQ.png

Unfortunately, somewhere in the FB process, it became a poor quality image.

Man, you look like someone.... I can't put my finger on it.... but it's a celeb.... damn, this will bug me all night.

edit - Shit, I got it! Guliani!! You and he have a damn near identical smile.

200px-Rudy_Giuliani.jpg

8!

edit 2 - Epic beard above, I am humbled by it's epicness. 8.

Man, you look like someone.... I can't put my finger on it.... but it's a celeb.... damn, this will bug me all night.

edit - Shit, I got it! Guliani!! You and he have a damn near identical smile.

200px-Rudy_Giuliani.jpg

8!

edit 2 - Epic beard above, I am humbled by it's epicness. 8.

Giuliani is definitely not who I expected. I'm not sure how I feel about life anymore lol.

stn

6 for the guy two posts up.

Fuck it, see if I'm unattractive as I think. Need a haircut so I left my hat on.
IMO, the beard doesn't do you any favors. Thick bears are fashionable but they're a tough thing to pull off properly. Lots of the guys in this thread would do wonders for themselves if they just cut their hair short and kept their facial hair groomed. Just my opinion!

:/ Please be brutally honest.

I like those glasses on you; I think they compliment your face nicely. It's not the best picture/angle, but that aside, I'd say a 6.5-7/10. You're pretty, and I think you can look better.

Edit: Oh, I see there's some history there.

Fuck it, see if I'm unattractive as I think. Need a haircut so I left my hat on.

I think you'd look better if you lost some of the beard, man. It's epic and all, but I'm not sure it suits you.

CREMSteve

IMO, the beard doesn't do you any favors. Thick bears are fashionable but they're a tough thing to pull off properly. Lots of the guys in this thread would do wonders for themselves if they just cut their hair short and kept their facial hair groomed. Just my opinion!

I tried the hairy route last year, this was about as far as I got before my wife made me stop and by made me stop I mean told me if I ever wanted to have sex again, I would shave immediately.

FtX8Frw.jpg

Who

Banned
I think its time to come clean, I'm not a chummy albino gorilla.

TkxbhFf.jpg

...but I do still identify as one.

edit: above poster is 7.895/10

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Neogaf, can anyone help me out, I'd like to upload a pic from my phone but it seems that I can't do that. Is there another way or something that'd be just as easy as a simple copy/paste

FUME5

Neogaf.com, can anyone help me out, I'd like to upload a pic from my phone but it seems that I can't do that. Is there another way or something that'd be just as easy as a simple copy/paste

No Twitter or Facebook to upload to? If not, there are plenty of image hosting sites out there like Photobucket, Tinypic etc..

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
10388178_683800858384143_8609997191074837810_n.jpg

Booyah, I it did Gaf! Thanks to Cremsteve and fume5 for helping a brother out. Much appreciated!

pixelation

I think its time to come clean, I'm not a chummy albino gorilla.

TkxbhFf.jpg

...but I do still identify as one.

edit: above poster is 7.895/10

Strangely enough you do sorta look to me like a good looking version of your avatar.

8.2/10

Top Bottom