• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, Let's rate the looks of the poster above you!

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Post a pic and find out for yourself :p

I never would. I don't believe I'm good looking enough to confidently post a pic of myself on here and have people legitimately think I'm good looking. I only know I must be good looking enough to have managed to date a handful of very attractive (by my unjustified high standards) women in my life.

But the other issue is how photogenic or un-photogenic people can be. There are people in here who I personally would struggle to give a 5 to but maybe its just a bad pic? So its unfair from that perspective too.

Kevtones

Thanks for the comments and ratings. I do have some noticeable asymmetry in my nose/cheeks. Big, button-y nose too :)
Would love to get judged by liliththepale too.

I'll use the full 10-point scale:

chadboban - 6.5/10 (nice smile, easy going look)

vikki - 3/10 (kind eyes and a nice complexion but this is not a flattering picture; work on the image a bit and you can easily look better)

Uncle0wnage - 5.5/10 (nice hair and symmetry, your mouth doesn't seem equitable to your features, a little Jason Mewes-y)

Rich! - nah

pixelation - 4/10 (probably good-looking but take a photo where you're not trying to threaten me)

ZeroMaverick - 5.5/10 (actually very handsome but your hair and style make it difficult, change the facial hair I think)

Stormhammer - 5/10 (nice symmetry but a little sad-looking in this photo, smile would help)

Az - 7.5/10 (good-looking man, trim that beard pronto)

Be kind, guys.

HvDKG.jpg

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
The latter.

I just don't comment on someone's appearance unless I find them to be especially attractive in some way. Everyone else is usually ugly or normal. Exceptions when people ask me directly.

That's the thing. I've seen people give an 8 to people who realistically well bell that. You have to ask if this person is an 8 in your opinion, what would a more legitimately good looking person be? A 15?

Yeah. I don't want to pretend like I have the last word on people's attractiveness, I'm just giving my opinion. This thread would work best with people getting multiple answers to normalize the results.

lol, but don't ask me to be brutally honest if you're just going to stick your fingers in your ears.
Everyone has their own tastes. You were honest, nothing wrong with that. I just don't agree with your assessment of the albino ape. Attractiveness is subjective as fuck. People say they want brutal honesty but I doubt anyone actually does if its negative. Unless its your style that needs fixing, you can't fix your face. Brutal honesty when it comes to negative criticism of something about yourself you can't change will always cut deep.
Especially when it come from someone attractive like yourself.
That's why I personally don't say nothing if I ain't got nothing nice to say.

I never would. I don't believe I'm good looking enough to confidently post a pic of myself on here and have people legitimately think I'm good looking. I only know I must be good looking enough to have managed to date a handful of very attractive (by my unjustified high standards) women in my life.

But the other issue is how photogenic or un-photogenic people can be. There are people in here who I personally would struggle to give a 5 to but maybe its just a bad pic? So its unfair from that perspective too.

There has been quite a bit of brutal honesty from a handful of individauls and it's not just good looking people in here.

Who

Banned
Everyone has their own tastes. You were honest, nothing wrong with that. I just don't agree with your assessment of the albino ape. Attractiveness is subjective as fuck. People say they want brutal honesty but I doubt anyone actually does if its negative. Unless its your style that needs fixing, you can't fix your face. Brutal honesty when it comes to negative criticism of something about yourself you can't change will always cut deep.

Ha man I have mad respect for Lilith giving these brutal ratings. Ive never seen her before but assuming her avatar is a stylized depiction of herself, i'd give a solid 7/10 on the cartoon scale. (For reference Lois Griffin is an 8, Marge Simpson is a 6)

pixelation

Dude. You look handsome as fuck in that first photo. Tough as nails too. You're a good looking dude. I think the issue is with taking pics from weird angles with weird lighting. I'd like to see a picture of you straight on with just a smile with no filters and normal lighting. I have this thing where I always try to look like a tough guy because I like what I see in a those pics, when in reality we probably look better without all the filters and angry faces. I feel like I look like 2 different people in both these pics.
Thanks dude, coming from a handsome and badass looking dude as yourself it means a lot to me.
acfxrzc.gif

classic in motion with my hitlerjugend hair and vial of mystery juice
I've always liked that .gif, your reaction to the drink is priceless.
To pixelation:

For what it's worth, I think people are being way more brutal than honest. I mean yeah it's a shittily shot picture with a bad angle, but i see a solid 7.5 in there somewhere.
Thanks albino gorilla man!
Why not take some normal pics? The weirdness isn't doing you any favors.
Eh, i'm weird and different by nature so that comes across in my pictures. People always tell me that i'm quite random IRL, but i'll ask for someone else to take "normal" pictures of myself one of these days. Thanks for the advice though.

Ha man I have mad respect for Lilith giving these brutal ratings. Ive never seen her before but assuming her avatar is a stylized depiction of herself, i'd give a solid 7/10 on the cartoon scale. (For reference Lois Griffin is an 8, Marge Simpson is a 6)

She's on page 3 if you're curious.

Citizen_Insane, I'd throw you a 7 with potential up to 7.5-8.

Who

Banned
Thanks dude, coming from a handsome and badass looking dude as yourself it means a lot to me.

I've always liked that .gif, your reaction to the drink is priceless.

Thanks albino gorilla man!

Eh, i'm weird and different by nature so that comes across in my pictures. People always tell me that i'm quite random IRL, but i'll ask for someone else to take "normal" pictures of myself one of these days. Thanks for the advice though.

Lol dude i feel your pain on taking "normal" pictures without a goofy face or forced expression. I just..I cant lol. Especially if its for a wedding or something and im forced to stand there with a disingenuous grin on my face for 4 minutes. I'm also a weird and different guy lol #fistbump

She's on page 3 if you're curious.

Citizen_Insane, I'd throw you a 7 with potential up to 7.5-8.

Ah damn, yeah shes cute.

Ill give her a 7.8 for looks and a 3.2 in her ability to accurately assess handsomeness

Thanks for the comments and ratings. I do have some noticeable asymmetry in my nose/cheeks. Big, button-y nose too :)
Would love to get judged by liliththepale too.

Bonus speck of paint on face. Be kind.

You remind me of Mark Pelligrino (Lucifer in Supernatural, Jacob in LOST), widely considered to be very attractive. I'm growing increasingly uneasy with using numbers, so I'll just say that you're well above average. You mention some asymmetry, but it's hard to notice with the picture askew. Plus, like with certain people such as Natalie Dormer, it might be working in your favor.

I appreciate that. As far as I can recall, I've only given harsh ratings to people asking for brutal honesty, but I'll try to be more perceptive of if they really mean it going forward.

edit:

I posted one earlier in the thread.

pixelation

weird. he's good lookin but I dont think he looks like me

im not participatin here cause I know im gorgeous tho
You both look alike to me, both are really good looking though.
Lol dude i feel your pain on taking "normal" pictures without a goofy face or forced expression. I just..I cant lol. Especially if its for a wedding or something and im forced to stand there with a disingenuous grin on my face for 4 minutes. I'm also a weird and different guy lol #fistbump
#fistbumpsback, i know right?... i feel like i'm standing in a shooting gallery waiting to be shot at.

For some reason the first picture is not showing for me.

On the second one you look very pretty. :) You look fine without makeup, au naturel. Likewise your eyebrows look really good as well.

On the third one the pink and red go really well with you. You also have a very nice smile.

The guy with you looks so-so. I'm not sure why you said having someone else would increase your chances. I think he takes away from you, who should be the emphasis of the pictures. :p

Pretty/10 :)
giphy.gif

I'm the guy :(

Kevtones

You remind me of Mark Pelligrino (Lucifer in Supernatural, Jacob in LOST), widely considered to be very attractive. I'm growing increasingly uneasy with using numbers, so I'll just say that you're well above average. You mention some asymmetry, but it's hard to notice with the picture askew. Plus, like with certain people such as Natalie Dormer, it might be working in your favor.

Thanks for your response. I appreciate the honesty, good or bad. It's easy to be thankful when you're positive but had you torn me a new one it wouldn't matter. Dig on your attitude in here, personally.

As for your looks; are you German? You remind me of the last woman I dated actually. She's an actress so that's a positive. Similar features (you have a larger smile and slightly larger nose). Your smile is your strongest asset actually although you look a little tired. Your hair length is on-point although I'm not a fan of the green personally. What's your natural color?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
then me and now me take your pick

422399_10150639891134oco18.jpg
11226006_101528137855apqtz.jpg

i just wanna be loved man

Top Bottom