• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, Let's rate the looks of the poster above you!

Anyone wanna rate me?

ZRXeKWX.jpg

so you're obviously very attractive in a natural way, but you know that already don't you

I am aware, but thank you! :)

lol yeah I spent too much time on here

Repay me by rating(brutalizing)me D:

That's okay. I spend too much time here too. It serves as a distraction between short bursts of programming and animating.

11705350_10152874999082273_3547982536516228070_n.jpg

I await you vadrigar.

#rateme

Also this thread taught me I can't take a selfie at all..Its actually pretty tricky /:

Uneven eyes and ears, somewhat bulbous nose, weak chin, boring haircut, despondent countenance, bad lighting, and otherwise plain features. 4/10.

And yeah, there's definitely an art to taking selfies. That's part of why people take so many of them.

I am aware, but thank you! :)

That's okay. I spend too much time here too. It serves as a distraction between short bursts of programming and animating.

Uneven eyes and ears, somewhat bulbous nose, weak chin, boring haircut, despondent countenance, bad lighting, and otherwise plain features. 4/10.

And yeah, there's definitely an art to taking selfies. That's part of why people take so many of them.

YOWZ. I think we had it easier with Vagridar

Captcha

Ooo, fun thread. How did I miss this? I will say from what I have read I agree with lilith and vadrigar more often than not. If you're going to use a /10 rating system almost no one is going to be more than a 7. Those 8-9s I am seeing are ridiculous. Do you look like Alessandra Ambrosio or Tyson Beckford? No? You're probably not a 9. That being said...

Ten to have pretty bad look the times I posted and didn't get any ratings so going for it again.

Still waiting for you to call me.

edit: I want to play (With those who have posted on this page)

These are the pictures I've shared in the thread.
http://i.imgur.com/y25qtdk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HhoONaI.png
http://i.imgur.com/pRYaGE9.jpg

edit: oh, thanks HeelPower!

You look better with your natural hair color in my opinion. It might be because your blue hair looks kind of greasy in those two pics. Definitely pretty though 7~8 ish range.
I've now read too much of this thread to not get involved.

One of the few photos of myself I've ever liked, and I'm disguised as someone else. Go figure.

4~5 ish

I need a new hairstyle.

7. You have nice skin.

Why am I doing this? *sigh*

6 ish.

Might as well get some honesty from random people. Haha
4~5 ish. Your face looks chubby and that obfuscates your features.
Ten to have pretty bad look the times I posted and didn't get any ratings so going for it again.
7 ish. You look good with the wavy hair.

Anyone wanna rate me?

Your face looks chubby as well and it looks like it's hiding a hell of a jaw. 5 ish as you are.

Just Itty-bitty drunk.

Really bad angle and it looks like you're sporting quite the schnozz. 4~5 ish

Zg53oes.jpg

This is me while back packing a last summer, I look a bit different than normal there.
I like your face, but it's sorta average-ish. It looks...kind? I suppose. Is your hair thinning? If it's not, that haircut makes it looks like it is. ~6 ish.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Might as well get some honesty from random people. Haha

How does your facial hair grow? You might benefit, if it grows well, from a neat beard. If not, keep it clean. Also trim the eyebrows and make them slightly thinner. And either change your haircut or cut it shorter.

keffri

Mad respect/10

You could have a mullet and still be a badass.
But actually, your hairstyle suits you well. leave it as is

Yeah it probably fits me the best I just do not like the maintenance at all. I guess I should just quit being lazy.

3mm hairstyle would suit you well :)

I have a pretty noticeable cowlick when my hair is around that length. That's why I'm not a huge fan. It only isn't noticeable when my hair is longer.

The pic is pretty awesome for the hype/bad ass factor.

Hair suits you well tbh

Thanks haha. I suppose I should grow my hair out and see what I can do with it.

7. You have nice skin.

Thanks mate.

I feel like people are taking these ratings a bit too far...

I'm more than willing to have a conversation about why you think that, especially in light of getting specific requests.

I'm guessing your resistance comes from one or two places, but please correct me if I'm wrong. There's a notion that 5/10 and below is a failure, probably stemming from how that score on any kind of test would be a failure. But it's not. Look at baseball: a batting average of 3.5/10 is what the best of the best are swinging.

Or look at game review sites where most everything scores in the 7/10–10/10 range. Those are professionally made games, so you would expect them to be above average (mathematical mean, not median). Mediocre and bad games are usually made by novices and low-profile studios, and almost always aren't worth the time of that review site to cover. Expecting large review sites to cover the whole range would be like expecting a modeling agency to hire a random sampling of people, not just the best of the best. There are so many things available to us that we only make time for the best of the best, so we forget that it's okay to be average.

But we do have a fairly random sampling of people here. That's why I'm taking normal distribution and standard deviation into account. A 4/10 isn't a death sentence like it would be on a math test, it just means you're very slightly behind the curve.

The other angle I think you might be approaching from is that it's mean to be honest with people, that you should lie to them to boost their confidence. That the world runs on lies. To a large degree, this is true, but there's also such a thing as tough love. If everyone lies to you that you're the best at something, so you go in and expect your normal behavior to be enough to skate by on, you're in for crushing disappointment and confusion when that doesn't work out. Meanwhile, you could have accepted your weaknesses and focused on your true strengths.

Admittedly, it's hard to point out other strengths besides beauty that people have in just a picture thread, so but that's the nature of the format. Nobody's being forced to participate.

I wouldn't mind a lillith appraisal
I normally have more hair (a few months old)

19716706696_25d34bdea5_b.jpg

19545607518_eda3576ffd_b.jpg

I'm not a fan of unkempt beards, but that's just me. Bright eyes, big happy smile, symmetrical features, good hair, so probably about 7/10.

I wouldn't mind a lillith appraisal
same and vadrigar as well.

Strong features, really neat hair. Sympathetic eyes. That's a good look for you. 6.5/10.

I think my best feature is my eyes. And yes. I actually am bald.

Also yeah give me one of those hardcore Lilith appraisals.

I suggest losing the facial hair until it grows in abundance. Lose body fat. Your eyes are a VERY strong asset. 5/10 with potential up to 7/10.

Alright! Now it's getting interesting. No more goofy photos. This is me with my face in full view. It's from 2013. A little old, but I look the same.

Symmetrical face; good head shape. Boring hair; bad eyebrows. 6/10 with potential for 8/10.

Lookin' nice in a suit, man.

All 10s!

The one on the right.

You have a kind face and I like your facial hair. 6/10.

Zg53oes.jpg

This is me while back packing a last summer, I look a bit different than normal there.

Given that you're backpacking I'll ignore the unkempt appearance. Your eyes are cool and you look friendly despite your furrowed gaze. 6/10

Fair.

I normally have more hair (a few months old)

19716706696_25d34bdea5_b.jpg

19545607518_eda3576ffd_b.jpg

Beard game is strong; great smile; kind eyes; decent symmetry. 8/10.

Tend to have pretty bad luck the times I've posted and didn't get any ratings so going for it again.

Your hair being short on the sides looks really good. Great beard; bold, sad eyes women love. 8/10.

Disclaimer: remember that these ratings are—naturally—skewed by personal preference. Beauty is subjective. I hope I don't offend anyone with my honest ratings and I'll always try to provide reasoning behind them.

I suggest losing the facial hair until it grows in abundance. Lose body fat. Your eyes are a VERY strong asset. 5/10 with potential up to 7/10.

Symmetrical face; good head shape. Boring hair; bad eyebrows. 6/10 with potential for 8/10.

Lookin' nice in a suit, man.

You have a kind face and I like your facial hair. 6/10.

Giving a potential upside score is a great idea.

Thanks, Lillith.

Kevyt

I give myself a score of 3/10

I'm ugly but I'm actually very happy about myself regardless.

I was supposed to die at birth but I'm still here so gotta make the best in this life. Gotta try at least.

Oh and I actually know a lot of people that don't care about the way you look. I think I saw someone mentioned that how others perceive you (ugly, attractive, etc) is important but I'll make the case that it's not necessarily true. The importance of person's self-perception and perception by others is not influenced by their attractiveness.

HeelPower

This thread is going..places. :p
Its fun :p

cool.

Can't say I disagree either.I am actually in a better place after I lost weight so a random rating of 4 isn't too bad.Close to lower~average.

Top Bottom