• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, Let's rate the looks of the poster above you!

pixelation

I think my best feature is my eyes. And yes. I actually am bald.

Also yeah give me one of those hardcore Lilith appraisals.

I ain't no Lilith but... you have a baby face that is made weird with the facial hair. I don't know why but it made me a bit uneasy lol. Maybe grow out your beard a little bit more?, it would probably even out your babyness ( i don't mean no disrespect).

FLAguy954

Reposting because I wanna hear what Gaffers think (I already got Lilith's rating):

11401151_843500412365463_1219339663508048367_n.jpg

And a bonus pic I posted last year (I don't take many pictures apparently):

UlXRo25.jpg

I ain't no Lilith but... you have a baby face that is made weird with the facial hair. I don't know why but it made me a bit uneasy lol. Maybe grow out your beard a little bit more?, it would probably even out your babyness ( i don't mean no disrespect).

Trust me, if I shave it, my baby face makes me look terrible. I grow it out to a point, then I get annoyed by it and shave it down.

My bad. Looking good either way

No worries! Thanks man. I'm commonly mistaken for being gay. I preen often and have a few effeminate mannerisms. I accept that I'm relatively metrosexual.

Alright GAF - don't beat me too hard. I weigh less now than I did in any of these pics so my face has gotten smaller, but I'm still a big boy. And for reference, why Mulan(s hair) is taller than me - I'm 5'4 (1/2!) :p

Big beard and cat

Me+Mulan

Me throwing horns

4/10. Your height is unfortunate but otherwise you're a fairly decent looking guy. If you were taller, kept the beard full but groomed, and lost a little body fat I'd put you at a 7/10.

Reposting because I wanna hear what Gaffers think (I already got Lilith's rating):

11401151_843500412365463_1219339663508048367_n.jpg

And a bonus pic I posted last year (I don't take many pictures apparently):

UlXRo25.jpg

Not a fan of the chin hair and haircut: 6/10. You look to be in good shape.

I can never really tell how others perceive me, so I am interested to see the results.

89wGXz6SypYbvOW3KcV2m8nz-Oe_TKuGJTtOWZHqyeo=w509-h658-no

Hairstyle is a little boring. 5/10. You have strong features that are subdued by overall blandness. You could work up to a 7-8/10.

At least my mom thinks I'm good looking

So what number say you Gaf?

S3olk0vl.jpg

8.5/10. In my opinion keep the sides just a little longer. Hair and beard suits you.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
It is almost as if ratings are largely subjective. There are few things that are objectively beautiful - symmetry, smile and eye size, but even with these I can think of exceptions that work.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I really don't think it is cool for vadrigar to rate others without posting their own pic (sorry if I've missed it). I think it is good to give more honest replies rather than telling everybody the mundane "you are beautiful" talk to make someone feel good, but it feels wrong to not post his own and subject him/herself to the same scrutiny.

eot

Banned
Here are two recent ones I've come across. Not sure if without makeup (that includes the male lol) but I'll try:

She's wearing makeup.It's the "people think I'm not wearing makeup" makeup.
Also, I think she's an eight but ratings are so arbitrary.

DrBo42

I'm more than willing to have a conversation about why you think that, especially in light of getting specific requests.

I'm guessing your resistance comes from one or two places, but please correct me if I'm wrong. There's a notion that 5/10 and below is a failure, probably stemming from how that score on any kind of test would be a failure. But it's not. Look at baseball: a batting average of 3.5/10 is what the best of the best are swinging.

Or look at game review sites where most everything scores in the 7/10–10/10 range. Those are professionally made games, so you would expect them to be above average (mathematical mean, not median). Mediocre and bad games are usually made by novices and low-profile studios, and almost always aren't worth the time of that review site to cover. Expecting large review sites to cover the whole range would be like expecting a modeling agency to hire a random sampling of people, not just the best of the best. There are so many things available to us that we only make time for the best of the best, so we forget that it's okay to be average.

But we do have a fairly random sampling of people here. That's why I'm taking normal distribution and standard deviation into account. A 4/10 isn't a death sentence like it would be on a math test, it just means you're very slightly behind the curve.

The other angle I think you might be approaching from is that it's mean to be honest with people, that you should lie to them to boost their confidence. That the world runs on lies. To a large degree, this is true, but there's also such a thing as tough love. If everyone lies to you that you're the best at something, so you go in and expect your normal behavior to be enough to skate by on, you're in for crushing disappointment and confusion when that doesn't work out. Meanwhile, you could have accepted your weaknesses and focused on your true strengths.

Admittedly, it's hard to point out other strengths besides beauty that people have in just a picture thread, so but that's the nature of the format. Nobody's being forced to participate.

Wasn't about the number, more so the nitpicking of someone's features they have to live with day after day. These threads are usually lighthearted and fun but when you go full critique it comes off a bit callous. But then again based on your response you strike me as a bit difficult to talk to. Programmer?

takriel

Trust me, if I shave it, my baby face makes me look terrible. I grow it out to a point, then I get annoyed by it and shave it down.

How old are you? Chances are you'll soon lose the "baby fat" and start to get nice facial features :) But yeah, definitely either shave clean or grow a full beard.

Zg53oes.jpg

This is me while back packing a last summer, I look a bit different than normal there.

Bill Trinen's lost son/10. Would like to see another photo to give you a score.

Uneven eyes and ears, somewhat bulbous nose, weak chin, boring haircut, despondent countenance, bad lighting, and otherwise plain features. 4/10.

And yeah, there's definitely an art to taking selfies. That's part of why people take so many of them.
UiNoMkZ.gif

Criminally plain. No real standout features. Certainly not ugly, but nothing especially handsome or attractive either.
859326298.gif

It's a bad picture. The angle, the lighting, the face you're making — none of it is flattering. I can't remember if you've posted any pictures that weren't filtered to death, but this one makes you appear below average in looks.
2215337_o.gif

4 on the left. 3 on the right. Sorry.
hercules-o.gif

OK gaf. Showed only the first 3 pages to a friend, told her to be brutality honest and rate yall from a scale to 1-10. I apologize gaf. Her scale is pretty rough. :(

Deadly Joker: 3
Discoid: 5
Kyzon: 7
Pixelation: 4
Infinity Patriot: 6.5-7
Arjen: 4-5
Seesaw15: 4
Team Alucard: 6
PigSpeakers: 5
THRILLH0: 5
Transhuman: 4.5
Daveo42: 3
Littletran22: 2.5
SPMH: 7.5
kingwingin: 6
Jpop: 5
RangerX: 4.5
KDash31987: 2
Moggelicious: 3
liliththepale: 4.5
Neoxon: 2
nkenyon: 1.5

Her scale was based on angles and personality coming off of the photos. I personally would've honestly rated everyone higher. :|

superman-punches-darkseid-o.gif

Mistle

This thread has made me realise that for the past few years of my life, there's probably only 1-2 photos per year of me that I know of, and they'd all be rather plain/candid. Future me won't remember what I looked like when 20/21/22!

At least my mom thinks I'm good looking

So what number say you Gaf?

S3olk0vl.jpg

I seriously hate the fact that I'm bald. I'd love to do this clean cut and buzz look with beard. I can do the beard part at least. Do you trim your neck at all or do you let everything on your face and neck grow? I shave up the neck to the underjaw and worry that when my beard gets big that I look too amish.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Val got some of yall salty. Looks are completely subjective. People have different preferences lol.

Top Bottom