• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, Let's rate the looks of the poster above you!

Symphonia

Banned
The second pic you just posted looks a bit like Edward Norton in fight club and actually looks good.
Edward Norton? Man, I wish. I always get compared to Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) or Karl Pilkington. But I'll take Ed Norton anyday, man.

As for the contortion, I dunno, I didn't notice it until it was pointed out to me.

Astral

I'll take a better pic when I get a haircut since my hair has grown since the time this picture was taken, but I was just showing a friend my piercing.

IMAG0676_1.jpg

No, I won't smile.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Whats the 10 for you?

Hmm, that's really hard for me to say but lemme do some digging and I'll see what I come up with; Tinashe is up there, Cassie Steele, Kandyse Mcclure, Katerina Graham, Emmy Rossum, Lizzy Caplan, Emily Blunt. These are people from popular culture that I think rank up there but when class was in session I saw a number of girls I thought looked as good and/or better than the ladies I've listed. I'm certain there's lists that people could make that would put mine to shame though

I've only posted my picture once on GAF before but that was 2-3 years ago, on the RealGAF thread. Now I come back for you all to judge me mercilessly.

Apologies if it offends, I attempted to do the most non-shit-eating grin/smile I could. Even now I want to punch myself in the picture.
I'm really not a selfie person.

Sch1sm

Where are all the females? Only men are brave enough to post?

Eh. I have a fair amount of photos on the forum as is. I'm with backslashbunny on this one. I'm not looking for ratings or anything, so it just seems counterproductive to seek unneeded gratification as I'm happy with where I am.. Especially when the numbers are all over the place when you look at the scale discrepancies across some of the photos already posted. It doesn't seem objective, anyway. Why do you guys rate the person x/10? What about them makes you reach that conclusion? What can they do to improve their score in your eyes?

It could be a number of things otherwise, such as the ratio of male to female on GAF, privacy, or they already judge themselves harshly enough and don't want to subject themselves to potentially worse ratings than they give themselves. The last easily ties in to your mention of bravery, so. :p

Fuck yeah! I'm Adam Sandler!

Eh. I have a fair amount of photos on the forum as is. I'm with backslashbunny on this one. I'm not looking for ratings or anything, so it just seems counterproductive to seek unneeded gratification as I'm happy with where I am.. Especially when the numbers are all over the place when you look at the scale discrepancies across some of the photos already posted. It doesn't seem objective, anyway. Why do you guys rate the person x/10? What about them makes you reach that conclusion? What can they do to improve their score in your eyes?

It could be a number of things otherwise, such as the ratio of male to female on GAF, privacy, or they already judge themselves harshly enough and don't want to subject themselves to potentially worse ratings than they give themselves. The last easily ties in to your mention of bravery, so. :p

Eh, I'm not one to post pictures of myself either, the thread looked fun though so I threw myself in. As for the general x/10 scale that's based on the academia scale of x/10 (6-7 being average, 8 being good, etc.), as for why people give their score of x/10 I suppose that's due to personal attraction/preference mixed with being objective as possible.

Sch1sm

Fuck yeah! I'm Adam Sandler!

Eh, I'm not one to post pictures of myself either, the thread looked fun though so I threw myself in. As for the general x/10 scale that's based on the academia scale of x/10 (6-7 being average, 8 being good, etc.), as for why people give their score of x/10 I suppose that's due to personal attraction/preference mixed with being objective as possible.

What I mean is it'd be better they say what they like, and what isn't totally to their fancy, rather than throw some arbitrary number that leaves the recipient guessing why they got that point of the scale. I mentioned this in the thread that asks the question of what you personally rate yourself, as well.

I may throw myself into the mix later
, for my own amusement's sake
. I'll be sure to stare at myself in a mirror for a long time after the fact, too, no matter how I fair. c:

What I mean is it'd be better they say what they like, and what isn't totally to their fancy, rather than throw some arbitrary number that leaves the recipient guessing why they got that point of the scale. I mentioned this in the thread that asks the question of what you personally rate yourself, as well.

I may throw myself into the mix later
, for my own amusement's sake
. I'll be sure to stare at myself in a mirror for a long time after the fact, too, no matter how I fair. c:

Just a question, do you consider yourself more attractive than the blonde girl posted above which got rated 5?

Kevyt

That's just one example of a 10/10 male. Here are 2 more:

Those are 10's? They're cute but they're definitely not my type, especially with those duck lips and very narrow jaw bones... Not my type.

I don't know what I would rate them but definitely not 10 or 9. Well, it's a subjective topic nonetheless.

HeelPower

Johny Depp isn't strikingly handsome or good looking to get an 8 or to be anywhere near Henry Cavill.

He's a charismatic actor with a great on screen persona(and I bet that's why people love him) but he's not a stunner.

Edward Norton? Man, I wish. I always get compared to Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) or Karl Pilkington. But I'll take Ed Norton anyday, man.

As for the contortion, I dunno, I didn't notice it until it was pointed out to me.

The second pic is really Norton-esque to me and rather cute.I think the shirt helps too.It looks nice.

I've only posted my picture once on GAF before but that was 2-3 years ago, on the RealGAF thread. Now I come back for you all to judge me mercilessly.

Apologies if it offends, I attempted to do the most non-shit-eating grin/smile I could. Even now I want to punch myself in the picture.
I'm really not a selfie person.

4/10.

Do something else with that hair. You've got nice eyes and a great smile, but your hair really kills it. You could be a 6.5/10, perhaps.

marrec

Banned
Guys, its just ONE person's personal scale. Looks are subjective. Someone out there may think you're a 1/10, someone else might think you're a 10.

As long as I think I'm a 10 other people will think I'm better looking than I actually am.

Sch1sm

Just a question, do you consider yourself more attractive than the blonde girl posted above which got rated 5?

I can't answer that subjectively, but I disagree with the given rating.

?
*scratches head*

Concept of confidence, I suppose. We almost always find a person more attractive for their confidence.

--------------------------------

I did say I would, so three photos over the past year, all within 4-5 months of each other.

September - O Week

-snip-

I used this one through most of Real Pic January.
Shout out to matthewwhatever for that barely visible red hat for Christmas.

-snip-

My current display photo everywhere, from this June

-snip-

Hit me with your best worst, vadrigar. Kek.

E: well, this was fun.

Concept of confidence, I suppose. We almost always find a person more attractive for their confidence.

I did say I would, so three photos over the past year, all within 4-5 months of each other.

September - O Week

5/10.

marrec

Banned

People underestimate just how much confidence defines your attractiveness. I guess unless the person who has attracted your attention is into shy people. In which case, I guess... shy it up?

I'm no Vad, but I'll do my best.

You have a beautiful smile but I think you already know that. You look like you have an athletic build but a rounder face. Eye nose and mouth positions are well suited to your face. 6/10

I'm loath to sound judgemental but seeing as this is a rating thread I'd say that thickening your eyebrows a bit would help balance your face nicely. Of course, that's makeup so *shrug*.

What came first, the confidence or the looks?

I used to weigh 60+ more pounds than I do now. My face was a mess, my hair was long and stringy and my teeth were even more fucked up than they are now. ...I used to wear Jnco jeans. *cringe*

I was confident as hell though.

4/10.

Do something else with that hair. You've got nice eyes and a great smile, but your hair really kills it. You could be a 6.5/10, perhaps.

Appreciate it, I've been also told that I look better with shorter/spiked hair. Currently donning my summer wig.

September - O Week

Your smile is great and having an (seemingly) athletic build doesn't hurt either, 6.5/10.
Digging the beanie in that one picture

DOWN

Banned
Here i come once again looking to be cleansed in the purifying fires. Pay no mind to the girl by my side... nor my peachy fuzz.

Yo I can't believe how bad you were making yourself look before. You look good and this picture is way more flattering than your previous ones.

vikki

The fixation on Vad needs chill. Even with his/her high standards, it shouldn't change how you feel about yourself. His/her tens shouldn't be tens for everybody. They are good looking men and woman, really really ridiculously good looking some of them are. That's what Vad's preference is.

You don't need to be validated by a high score from Vad and you don't need to invalidate Vad to feel better about the score he/she gave to you or others. It's his/her preference.

The one thing that I think is a little funny is Vad could be playing a mind game with some of you. He/she gives you a low score and you feel the need to prove yourself worthy of a higher score. But to who? Only to Vad. Not to all of us, because we don't all agree with Vad's scores. So really, Vad gives you a low score and you end up craving his/her approval more.

I used to weigh 60+ more pounds than I do now. My face was a mess, my hair was long and stringy and my teeth were even more fucked up than they are now. ...I used to wear Jnco jeans. *cringe*

I was confident as hell though.

Since I've lost about 40 lbs, my wife fears that my confidence is somewhat warranted. Before she would just question where I get the confidence, I guess she forgets that it's that confidence that got her too. Here's hoping I can drop another 30 to 35 lbs in the next year or so. I think I'd be happy with that.

Kevyt

Sorry all! I was not trying to pull off a Valdrigar. :p

I will multi-quote from now on.

A few years old, but I've not changed much.

image.jpg

image.jpg

7/10.

Nice eyebrows, makes your eyes stand out.

Go easy gaf.

You look as if you were high...

4/10

OK, found one from a few months back. Not much has changed.

No stroke-face either.

6/10

I'm not wearing a shirt and I'm dirty and ego inflation/10

1437243159.2961.iPicit.jpg

5/10

I don't see Bill Trinen's resemblance at all. Here are two more recent photos of me looking more normal.

And of course a mirror selfie of what I look like today.

5/10

That Dpad 7/10

Figured I'd have a go...

EIDRShZ.jpg

4/10.

September - O Week

5/10

Here i come once again looking to be cleansed in the purifying fires. Pay no mind to the girl by my side... nor my peachy fuzz.

4/10

Bad angle and lighting.

Here are two recent ones I've come across. Not sure if without makeup (that includes the male lol) but I'll try:

9/10 female:

10/10 male:

Girl looks way too young. Guy is not a 10/10, I would give him 5-6/10. I'm not a fan of the type of features he has... I:

vikki

You look a little blockheaded and you need to do something with your hair, get a trim and use some product I suggest. The good news is you have a good face and your head is proportionate to the rest of your body. You look lean and healthy and with the right haircut I think you'd be pretty good looking. I already think you look good, but you'd be even better.

You've got some cute chubby cheeks. I like the third photo the most, and the first the worst. It does look like you're walking on a track in the first photo, not going out for the evening. Don't take this the wrong way, but you remind me of my 4 year old nephew. He's cute too.

Do your worst

Earth 2
Are you tense? You look tense. You're not bad looking, you actually look pretty young. My suggestions for you is to get better fitting clothes and find a haircut that works for your face. Bonus points for taking a mirror shot in a mirror store.

Here goes nothing..

Take a better damn photo. You're a good looking chap, but the photo isn't the best. I know you can do better. You're in shape and the hat is unnecessary. You also don't need to purse your lips.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This post was never here

DOWN

Banned
Because a lot of people find a specific feature set ideal and it is frequently the features idealized and familiar to the culture they were raised among. He's curious about why you might be idealizing very deep-set eyes under stern brows.

Duji

They all have super ... something... brows? Honestly, they look kinda like neanderthals to me. Brows are too furrowed, kinda like their foreheads got squished against their eyes.

So, not 10/10 for me. But each to their own.
Agreed.

Low eyebrows can look kinda Neanderthal-ish. Reminds me of Matt Dillon (who isn't a bad looking guy FWIW).

Top Bottom