• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, Let's rate the looks of the poster above you!

OCD Guy

I'm not that bothered about the low ratings, it's just someone's opinion.

It is interesting to see how different people perceive your looks though.

My ratings have been really mixed. One person gave me a 3 out of 10, while someone else gave me a 6 out of 10.

There are people on here who I personally think are good looking and they've received really low ratings. Different people have different tastes don't worry about it. I bet if everyone was to post who they would rate a 10 all the people would be totally different.

I also think different people use the 10 scale differently. For me personally I don't even use below 3 unless you're trying to insult someone, so my scale would go from 3 to 10.
3 is ugly
4 is below average
5 is average
6 is above average
7 is good looking
8 is hot
9 just makes you think damn
10 is for people out there that literally shock you with how good looking they are. These people are very rare.

I would be interested in seeing people who post pictures post what they rate themselves, to see how they perceive themselves in comparison to the ratings they've been given.

If I was rating myself I'd give myself a solid 5 out of 10. I'm insecure but realistically I know I'm not completely hideous but I know I don't stand out in a club.

marrec

Banned
Seeing some good looking people from both genders get some really low scores. Harsh thread, or I just have low standards. Hmmm.....

Gotta have a whole range right? At any normal distribution should show a natural curve with the majority of people in the middle of the range. If your range is 1-10 then the majority of GAFers would fall within the 4-6 range. We may be smarter and nicer and more considered than any sample control population, but I don't think we're prettier than any sample control population.

FLAguy954

My ratings have been really mixed. One person gave me a 3 out of 10, while someone else gave me a 6 out of 10.

There are people on here who I personally think are good looking and they've received really low ratings. Different people have different tastes don't worry about it. I bet if everyone was to post who they would rate a 10 all the people would be totally different.

I also think different people use the 10 scale differently. For me personally I don't even use below 3 unless you're trying to insult someone, so my scale would go from 3 to 10.
3 is ugly
4 is below average
5 is average
6 is above average
7 is good looking
8 is hot
10 is for people out there that make you literally shock you with how good looking they are. These people are very rare.

I would be interested in seeing people who post pictures post what they rate themselves, to see how they perceive themselves in comparison to the ratings they've been given.

If I was rating myself I'd give myself a solid 5 out of 10. I'm insecure but realistically I know I'm not completely hideous but I know I don't stand out in a club.

I would be interested in having a thread like that as well. I wanna see what people rate themselves.

Kevyt

3 is ugly
4 is below average
5 is average
6 is above average
7 is good looking
8 is hot
10 is for people out there that literally shock you with how good looking they are. These people are very rare.

You're a solid 7, even an 8. With a professional photographer you could be a 9, and with Photoshop a 10.

Most people don't realize that models have their pictures taken by professional photographers, with post processing, and said models have make up to hide blemishes and emphasise features.

I don't think 10's are very rare. We're just led to believe that 10's are model levels of beauty. I bet on normal days models don't look like 10's

TheDanger

Banned
Someone rate me please:

10262185_671508049577379_9143417843873043137_n.jpg

marrec

Banned
Someone rate me please:

10262185_671508049577379_9143417843873043137_n.jpg

The jacket, hat, and hair all make for a pretty dreadful trifecta. The jacket is ill-sized and the bottom button is buttoned, the collar seemed to be popped? The hat is fine in a vacuum, but taken with the jacket it somehow makes the whole worse.

You look quite young but it's hard to judge facial features under the hair+hat. Your nose and eyes are well seated and proportioned. I'm guessing you'll grow into a better look.

Based on this picture though I'd rate you a 4/10. That's mostly influenced by the jacket, hat, hair thing TBH I can't get a good gauge on your actual looks.

TheDanger

Banned
The jacket, hat, and hair all make for a pretty dreadful trifecta. The jacket is ill-sized and the bottom button is buttoned, the collar seemed to be popped? The hat is fine in a vacuum, but taken with the jacket it somehow makes the whole worse.

You look quite young but it's hard to judge facial features under the hair+hat. Your nose and eyes are well seated and proportioned. I'm guessing you'll grow into a better look.

Based on this picture though I'd rate you a 4/10. That's mostly influenced by the jacket, hat, hair thing TBH I can't get a good gauge on your actual looks.

ok that's surprising I received a lot of compliments for that jacket, but oh well.

It's quite an old picture, here are some I took just now, better with or without cap? I'm 20 btw

vikki

There's a thread like that here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1072616&highlight= but I'd still be interested in people on this thread who have been rated.

I could be a solid 8.5, im being modest, if I lost this damn weight. Right now I'm a solid 6, I've got bald spots in my beard and it's not one color, there seems to be red mixed in with the brown. People recognize me with the beard, and I've got a bit of a baby face when I'm clean shaven. 5 o'clock shadow is best look for me.

ok that's surprising I received a lot of compliments for that jacket, but oh well.

It's quite an old picture, here are some I took just now, better with or without cap? I'm 20 btw

Do something with your hair. Hats are nice, I wear them when my hair gets too long/big, but a good haircut will look even better. You should go to a proper barber and see how they'd cut your hair. People have cut my hair well, but this older Italian man has been cutting my hair the last couple years and no one cuts my hair like he has. It's fantastic. Your looks aren't hideous, but not spectacular either. I think you should exercise if your're not. Lifting and cardio may help you get a more defined chin, plus muscles are nice. Keep brushing your teeth and don't be afraid to smile.

marrec

Banned

You look younger than 20 but that's probably because I'm getting old :lol

Better without the hat, the hair might match with current styles but I think it does little to flatter your features. Your chin seems longer and then it probably actually is because your forehead is covered and our eye follows the long hair all the way down. I think short styles are almost always better on men. I used to have long stupid hair btw.

Don't take my criticisms too hard, I'm a bitter old man.

OCD Guy

You're a solid 7, even an 8. With a professional photographer you could be a 9, and with Photoshop a 10.

Most people don't realize that models have their pictures taken by professional photographers, with post processing, and said models have make up to hide blemishes and emphasise features.

I don't think 10's are very rare. We're just led to believe that 10's are model levels of beauty. I bet on normal days models don't look like 10's

Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah as you say the photos make a difference, I could post two different photos and I'd likely get very different ratings.

I've seen good looking people on here who post unflattering photos, you can tell they're good looking but some of the photos aren't as flattering as they could be.

Without causing offence I think rokkerkory is a good looking guy, but this photo he posted here isn't flattering in my opinion http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=171145574&postcount=518 In other photos he looks really good looking in my opinion, for example in his avatar.

Or again without causing offence look at marrec as an example, he had an avatar of himself with glasses, which I personally didn't think was flattering or doing him any favours, he has since posted different photos which are a MASSIVE improvment and he looks much better looking in my opinion.

Here for example is a picture I hate (which is why I deleted it)
image.jpg

A poster on here rated that photo low 3/10 which I agree with here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=172281758&postcount=1279

Here's a photo I do like though, in my opinion they are both very different and judged purely on photos would get very different rating I think.

image.jpg

There are people on here that would get very different ratings in better photos in my opinion so I totally agree with what you're saying with regards to professional photos etc

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm actually glad that we have someone like vad in this thread. You could tell that most of the posters rating looks were sugar coating the fuck outta their ratings (I don't think many people at all got below a 7/10 in here that wasn't from vad or lili, yet a good half of the pics were easily average at best), so it's nice to read some true ratings.

Either that or most of GAF is stuck on the 7= average video game ratings scale like I am, and think that a 6 and below is deformed levels of ugly

Edit: and no way I'm posting a pic online again

pixelation

Thats the first pic where I can actually see your face properly... dude... you are good looking.

Yo I can't believe how bad you were making yourself look before. You look good and this picture is way more flattering than your previous ones.

The fact that two very handsome guys (that i actually know how they look like) have said that i look good in the picture i posted has made me very happy indeed. So thanks a lot dudes!

I used to weigh 60+ more pounds than I do now. My face was a mess, my hair was long and stringy and my teeth were even more fucked up than they are now. ...I used to wear Jnco jeans. *cringe*

I was confident as hell though.

It's ok. I used to wear Jnco jeans as well. We all make mistakes.

Your updated picture is much more flattering by the way. Not like you're looking for any validation, just thought I'd throw that out there.

I'm wearing Jncos in this picture.
14 years old

OCD Guy

I'm not really idealising them. Deep set eyes are attractive compared to bug eyes but people can be attractive without them depending on the rest of their face.

I'm not even sure why people are criticising your "types".

Some people like the whole rock look, tattoos, piercings, others like the complete opposite and prefer fake looking people with fake tans, lips done, Botox, veneers etc

I don't think there is a right and wrong, beauty really in the eye of the beholder.

Look at the top 100 sexiest women that FHM did, they had Caroline Flack at number 5, most of you American guys might not have heard of her.

Here she is

Caroline-Flack1.jpeg

Here's their list http://www.fhm.com/100-sexiest-2015

Honestly I've seen better looking people in the street yet she's been rated the 5th sexiest woman.

We've all got different taste...

The DC hat tells me you don't dress up very often. That may sound as an insult, but I don't mean it as one. My boyfriend's father was in charge of the design team at DC Shoes for five years, so I'm very familiar with the brand. When most of your dress is something fun like DC or Volcom, adults and some women are going to try to support any time they see you "cleaning up". They're not going to say "you should get a better fitting suit" because they're just glad you're trying.

War Eagle

Here goes nothing. I am very unphotogenic. I get anxiety when taking pics because I'm not sure what I am supposed to do. You can really see it in my face in the first picture with me and the 3 ladies. The next one is the same night after I've had a few drinks and am more relaxed. Aladdin was me last Halloween. I usually get told I am cute or handsome by girls I meet/know, and every girl I've dated has said they love my jaw line. I also am big into health and fitness, so that also helps, I suppose.

OCD Guy

Here goes nothing. I am very unphotogenic. I get anxiety when taking pics because I'm not sure what I am supposed to do. You can really see it in my face in the first picture with me and the 3 ladies. The next one is the same night after I've had a few drinks and am more relaxed.

UAO0y1T.jpg[

It's also your best picture in my opinion, it's natural and you look the best in that one over the more "posed" selfie pictures.

I find posed pictures are very rarely flattering, like when you see females trying to "pose" and they end up doing that damn duck face lol

War Eagle

UAO0y1T.jpg[

It's also your best picture in my opinion, it's natural and you look the best in that one over the more "posed" selfie pictures.

I find posed pictures are very rarely flattering, like when you see females trying to "pose" and they end up doing that damn duck face lol

Thanks... yeah I was fairly drunk there. ha

pixelation

Vad the giver of 4s. I'm very curious to see what you look like. What would you rate yourself? And do you dare post a pic or two of you?

I'm guessing that after the ratings he's given he's fearing a bit of retaliation (not that i would lol!) so he won't post a picture of himself (he previously said he was a 6 though).

Right, gonna put this out there because I'm quite curious. Though it's an awful photo because I literally just took it and I've just got back from the gym so my hairs all sweaty and I'm tired, but I don't have any other relevant photos as I recently had a significant hair cut.

Also, my phones front camera is shite in poor lighting conditions apparently. Will post some better photos at some point.

OCD Guy

You look a little too young for me to rate comfortably. Sorry. Are you over 18? I would have pegged you as 16/17 in these photos. It's not a bad thing, but it's a mental block.

Lol yeah I'm over 18. The photos you've quoted were a few years old (2011)

Here are more recent ones

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok, gotta be brave... X<

4.5/10. Thin eyebrows, bug eyes and meh frames. You could be a 7/10 I think.

Here goes nothing. I am very unphotogenic. I get anxiety when taking pics because I'm not sure what I am supposed to do. You can really see it in my face in the first picture with me and the 3 ladies. The next one is the same night after I've had a few drinks and am more relaxed. Aladdin was me last Halloween. I usually get told I am cute or handsome by girls I meet/know, and every girl I've dated has said they love my jaw line. I also am big into health and fitness, so that also helps, I suppose.

Strong jaw! Trim up the eyebrows a little. 5/10; could go up to 6/10.

really didn't think I'm that ugly, oh well I have a GF so I don't really care that much at the moment, but I probably will when I'm single again.

Don't take it personally or anything. Pictures don't always encompass personality. Not to mention lighting and lens length drastically altering reality.

Be kind GAF

19680435378_66cbaf9962_b.jpg

19681790059_49da61e855_b.jpg

5/10. Friendly appearance; nice beard. Weight though.

Right, gonna put this out there because I'm quite curious. Though it's an awful photo because I literally just took it and I've just got back from the gym so my hairs all sweaty and I'm tired, but I don't have any other relevant photos as I recently had a significant hair cut.

Also, my phones front camera is shite in poor lighting conditions apparently. Will post some better photos at some point.

7/10. Cool hair.

pixelation

You look good, i'd cut the sides short though as i think that it'd look better on you.

You look good, i'd cut the sides short though as i think that it'd look better on you.

I have thought about going for that look once or twice, but I have a large mole right behind my ear that makes me slightly worried to let my barber razor around the area. If I ever get around to having it removed though I'll definitely try that out.

Top Bottom