• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia [Mafia] lOTl Should've Gone for Bagels...

*Splinter

This one is the TRUE and HONEST truth about my role.

1. ig
2. Wk i I ll
3. A Bll Kick L
4. Mal Clb Ki
5. Fill Kil Wil wn
latest

I don't wanna vote Retro out of sheer spite for playing the game but I am saying god damn at these types of puzzles, a jumble of words you sort into new ones that makes sense and yet it could be literally anything.

roytheone

Well, Retro his second role claim is even more unbelievable than his first, but apparently he already retracted it and is now role claiming with a puzzle? I must say, he is doing a pretty good job with role playing as Blarg.

I think your number 5 here is pretty close to what it means to say, something in the line of "If I kill I will win". The other 4 tho...... No idea.

Aaaaand now he won't be. Wasn't it you or Swamped that said keeping the 'questionable' people alive was the best strategy for Mafia? Why would they kill Ouro if some people might lynch him, it saves them the trouble.

I think it was swamped, but yeah, generally you keep suspicious people alive as scum because they are nice talking points to hide behind. However, leaving Ourob alive is a pretty big risk for scum, even if he will be suspicious D3. They already lost one of their own very early in the game, will they really risk leaving a role blocker alive just because they hope he will get lynched? But of course this is all a moot discussion if Retro flips scum.

I think you can't hammer him, because he is only at 6 now? I think launch is not here right now anyway, so even if we hammer we would have to wait a while for him to show up before the day really ends.
The votesheet says 5 and since then StarSketch and Swamped also have voted. Should be 7 now.

Ourobolus

Banned
I don't think I'll have time until I get to work to mess with it, but if it's anagrams, 4/5 of the answers can have the word "kill" in it, so I'm a little concerned.

roytheone

with part of 4 you can make: "Can't kill", but you are left with..."meubt". I suck at this shit, English is not even my primary language :(

Ourobolus

Banned
Best to vote someone else then? With each kill the game changes and killing Retro now seems like it'll be a waste. (Also wasted fun.)
Uh, no? There's still a chance he is scum, and having someone that we can't theoretically control to kill isn't gonna help us either. I'd rather us lose one townie at night and then talk about it than two.

I mean, you're right about the interesting part though :p

roytheone

Best to vote someone else then? With each kill the game changes and killing Retro now seems like it'll be a waste. (Also wasted fun.)

If he really is a serial killer, why all the fake role claims to begin with? Sure, he said it was to mimic blarg, but he is the prime lynch candidate this whole day. If he had claimed SK to begin with, he had a bigger chance to survive today compared to now. Is roleplaying Blarg really worth getting lynched over?

*Splinter

If he really is a serial killer, why all the fake role claims to begin with? Sure, he said it was to mimic blarg, but he is the prime lynch candidate this whole day. If he had claimed SK to begin with, he had a bigger chance to survive today compared to now. Is roleplaying Blarg really worth getting lynched over?
Yes

If what Ouro just said is true then he's potentially the Town's CURAYZEE vigilante and can freely kill any three people who he wants to which is how Sorian probably died(?) seeing as how no one was killed on the first night through normal means.

Ourobolus

Banned
You are doing very well! I have to say, I didn't even think anyone would even attack it. I thought you all would see one more puzzle and just turbo me out of sheer frustration.
Well I'm fine with that option too, but I like puzzles. Tbh 2 and 3 have me stumped.

Coppanuva

What if the leftover S is supposed to go with other leftover letters and reveal a 6th anagram... that would be amazing. But also far far more work to do than the previous crossword. I'm all for voting for him, but I know *Splinter wants the killing blow so I'll let him have it. I'm ok with turboing at this point.

Ourobolus

Banned
Look for colors.

Kill One Black, like I said! :p

What if the leftover S is supposed to go with other leftover letters and reveal a 6th anagram... that would be amazing. But also far far more work to do than the previous crossword. I'm all for voting for him, but I know *Splinter wants the killing blow so I'll let him have it. I'm ok with turboing at this point.

There is no leftover S. I had an extra one in there.

RetroMG

What if the leftover S is supposed to go with other leftover letters and reveal a 6th anagram... that would be amazing.

Oh man, that would be amazing. It's also like that missed opportunity with the crossword. (I tried to work Depot into my second role claim. I really did.)

RetroMG

ONE WHITE KILL
ONE BLACK KILL

so you have three shots and you must kill one scum and one town?

Let's give him a big hand, everybody!

I am a neutral, 3 shot serial killer. I'm NK immune (like Blarg didn't realize he was in Cthulu) and I win if I take down one scum and one town.
I am Blargonaut the Anarchist

So, final offer. You give me targets, and people die. If I do anything else, kill me, cause town is the only way that's happening.

Oh, and I still don't know why mafia didn't kill last night.

Top Bottom