• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia [Mafia] lOTl Should've Gone for Bagels...

201503_1032_ihdci_sm.jpg

You're revealing all your roles already? That's no fun.

I haven't revealed anything. Just like it's standard practice to say that one mafia member will carry out a kill each night, it's standard practice to send a system message to a blockee if there were a roleblocker. I don't want confusion about that; that's not the point of this game.

Ourobolus

Banned
I haven't revealed anything. Just like it's standard practice to say that one mafia member will carry out a kill each night, it's standard practice to send a system message to a blockee if there were a roleblocker. I don't want confusion about that; that's not the point of this game.

Ok, well that's settled. Back to the angry mob.

If someone Makai's me, I swear to God, I will modkill them. No hesitation.

No worries, I already pm'ed everyone here what's actually going on and happening with this game

We're just screwing with you right now Launch. This will be 10x more stressful than any game any GAFIa mod has ever modded

Btw, didn't you do the same to czartim?

RetroMG

As I personally understand it, my Ascetic role is not a traditional Roleblocker in the sense that I don't actively target people. It's a passive trait, hence why I would understand if the victim/blockee of my passive trait would not be notified that they were roleblocked by targeting me. It seems like a custom variant, from the reading I've done.

Besides, this is less of a true Ascetic role and more of a constantly-self-targeting 'Null Tracker'-type role anyway, because I'm technically Investigating whoever targets me with an action in retaliation to them targeting me.

Ourobolus

Banned
As I personally understand it, my Ascetic role is not a traditional Roleblocker in the sense that I don't actively target people. It's a passive trait, hence why I would understand if the victim/blockee of my passive trait would not be notified that they were roleblocked by targeting me. It seems like a custom variant, from the reading I've done.

Besides, this is less of a true Ascetic role and more of a constantly-self-targeting 'Null Tracker'-type role anyway, because I'm technically Investigating whoever targets me with an action in retaliation to them targeting me.

Yeah, that's what I mean by "ridiculous." A role that is un-NKable, cannot be blocked, if targeted receives the role and name of the person who targeted them, and has three game-spanning one-shot abilities, two of which are anti-town.

RetroMG

Yeah, that's what I mean by "ridiculous." A role that is un-NKable, cannot be blocked, if targeted receives the role and name of the person who targeted them, and has three game-spanning one-shot abilities, two of which are anti-town.

I never said I was un-NK-able. I am perfectly killable. I stopped the kills last night. Game is back on tonight, and that power is gone. I honestly wanted to give Town the edge early, especially since we lost Sorian.

Ourobolus

Banned
I never said I was un-NK-able. I am perfectly killable. I stopped the kills last night. Game is back on tonight, and that power is gone. I honestly wanted to give Town the edge early, especially since we lost Sorian.

Ah, I remembered incorrectly. Regardless, that doesn't sound a little too nuts?

RetroMG

I also didn't get your name. You voted for me first thing in the morning. It was incredibly obvious.

The genius in the role is that now I have to find a way to make the other two abilities work without screwing town over.

Ourobolus

Banned
I also didn't get your name. You voted for me first thing in the morning. It was incredibly obvious.

The genius in the role is that now I have to find a way to make the other two abilities work without screwing town over.

I've been playing along with Ouro this whole time, because I got a message from Launchpad saying that Ouro had attempted to block me, and fail. False sense of security, Blarg-style. Sorry KIDs.

Uh...

Ourobolus

Banned
Yeah, OK, I worded that poorly. I recieved a message saying that there had been an attempted roleblock. He did not send your name. I filled in the blank when I wrote that, because, c'mon. There was no way it wasn't you.

This also seems insane to me. If this is really what happened, Jesus Christ.

RetroMG

Basically by not using them.

If I can get away with it, sure. It's an easy road to victory, if I can pull it off, but slow and steady wins the race.

Or it would, anyway.

Besides we assume the investigator is town? AC had a mafia investigator. You can't assume all of the shots work one way or the other.

Ourobolus

Banned
Besides we assume the investigator is town? AC had a mafia investigator. You can't assume all of the shots work one way or the other.

I'm not assuming that, but even a mafia investigator can be useful to town. Blocking an investigation would require you guess when a mafia investigator is going to use it on one of his own, or when he is going to lie about a townie. That's a pretty big guess.

squidyj

It's not really worth discussing but if retro actually had the role he said he did the best strategy would be to hold no night-kills til the end or he was discovered. He gets anti-town powers out of the way early and then if he gets forced to claim he can say he has a kill prevention and use it. using 'no kills' first is a poor strategy for anyone.

RetroMG

Well, I am willing to make a deal with the town. I will swear not to use either of these abilities. I will act as a meat shield. Let your switchers send any abilities rocketing towards me. I will give reads as best I can. All you have to do is not kill me.

squidyj

Well, I am willing to make a deal with the town. I will swear not to use either of these abilities. I will act as a meat shield. Let your switchers send any abilities rocketing towards me. I will give reads as best I can. All you have to do is not kill me.

nope.

Sawneeks

Banned

lol

RetroMG

It's not really worth discussing but if retro actually had the role he said he did the best strategy would be to hold no night-kills til the end or he was discovered. He gets anti-town powers out of the way early and then if he gets forced to claim he can say he has a kill prevention and use it. using 'no kills' first is a poor strategy for anyone.

Hindsight's 20/20. I was jazzed about Town getting a mafia kill on day one, I was sad that Sorian had gone down, and I was a little worried that I would end up a target. So I fired off the best shot I had, to give the town an extra boost.

Well you guys have been busy while I've been gone.

I won't be mad at anyone who pushes us to a turbo at this point. For all we know Retro is still spewing bullshit, in some way.

RetroMG

Being Blarg is exhausting. I feel like I understand him now, though. The thrill of everyone's confusion as you lay out your plans and puzzles, and the despair as your welcome is worn out and everyone turns on you.

I had one last super-duper final form. If I'm still alive in the morning, I'll tell you my last secret. If not, well, it has been my pleasure to entrain you, folks.

Swamped

Banned
I don't even know what you mean by this. CG did some really weird thing and I called him out on it. If you think, that's a scumtell you are really reaching...

You're taking my post out of context! I said that the entire narrative you presented at the end of D1 just didn't feel very natural to me. Along with points others have brought up, that makes me feel uneasy about you. It's just something that stood out to me.

Seriously, after a long busy day away from my computer I see that this game has gone bonkers XD. This is too hilarious you guys. Finding it hard to breathe.

I believe that Retro is Blarg. It would be suicide to claim a name like that in a GAFia Mafia game, when Blarg is celebrity status. Now, whether Blarg is neutral or not is the question. It's not the first time Mafia would hide behind a neutral cover story. Even if he is neutral, the role of cursing someone with some type of 'silence' feels anti-town. Imagine if that role hit Ouro or Roy. We probably wouldn't make much progress during our day phase. So what I'm saying is I can see this power being a Mafia one.

If Retro is indeed neutral and not mafia, we can take this opportunity to lynch him now since we already got Mafia D1. Neutrals will screw us over in the end, I'm telling you. I will miss this new incarnation of Blargy-boy though.

Although, Retro-Blarg seems to have changed his role now? I don't really understand his new role, will have to read through those posts again.

I disagree. I want to hear from Swamped first before we bring down the hammer.

Thanks for thinking of me <3

I will say, there was more to my vote than just RNG and DR. In hindsight it's a dumb reason, but it was my thought at the time.

The heck is this?

Anyway, I will vote first thing tomorrow morning
when I'm on the toilet
. Unless people want me to turbo now. I'm at my computer. I feel like I've discussed most of what I wanted to.

RetroMG

No crazy prose, no elaborate photoshops of already-existing Gravity Falls scenes. Just one more puzzle. Got to include the night crew somehow.

This one is the TRUE and HONEST truth about my role.

1. These Tiger Host
2. Week Hi In Toll
3. An Bell Kick Lo
4. Mental Club Kit
5. Frill Kilo Wilt Own

*Splinter

No crazy prose, no elaborate photoshops of already-existing Gravity Falls scenes. Just one more puzzle. Got to include the night crew somehow.

This one is the TRUE and HONEST truth about my role.

1. These Tiger Host
2. Week Hi In Toll
3. An Bell Kick Lo
4. Mental Club Kit
5. Frill Kilo Wilt Own
All right Splinter... Puzzle to solve, everyone else seems to be sleeping... You've got this

These Week An Mental Frill Tiger Hi Bell Club Kilo Host In Kick Kit Wilt... Toll... Lo... Own?

latest

Top Bottom