• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia [Mafia] lOTl Should've Gone for Bagels...

Coppanuva

Well, why don't you start us off then? Instead of just asking everybody else for targets you could also share your own.

Of course, I will. I'm working on finding people I want to question about things, and of course I have my list from yesterday and a lot of them are still the same. I wasn't asking for 3 people to start with, I'm saying our goal by end of day should be not only to find the lynch candidate for today, but other targets as well. Also to start us off I have something I want to know...

I'm not even going to entertain the thought of retro flipping town at this point.

I don't really want to say what I'll think if he's neutral though. If I live through the night I'll tell everybody in the next day phase.

So Squidyj, what do you think? RetroMG flipped neutral, what's your thoughts on this now?

squidyj

I'd like top scum and town and.

Matt and Starsketch, how do you feel you have helped town this game?

Splinter and Rats. how have your reads changed through this game

roy... just.... whats going on?

squidyj

Of course, I will. I'm working on finding people I want to question about things, and of course I have my list from yesterday and a lot of them are still the same. I wasn't asking for 3 people to start with, I'm saying our goal by end of day should be not only to find the lynch candidate for today, but other targets as well. Also to start us off I have something I want to know...

So Squidyj, what do you think? RetroMG flipped neutral, what's your thoughts on this now?

my thought is that scum avoided interacting with ouro's roleclaim to avoid drawing attention.

Sawneeks

Banned
I think a discussion about what caused a no-kill night 1 will bring us very little.There are so many possibilities and it will just be us speculation about potential PR's with no facts to support any theory. I think continuing this discussion, unless there are some new developments, will help scum figure out things more than it will help us. I am in favor of tabling the "what caused the no kill night 1" discussion for now.

I agree that discussing whatever happened on Day 1 shouldn't be the focus of today because it won't lead us towards any one person but I still wouldn't dissuade anyone from discussing theories on the side. If anything it's worth small talk but not a full blown investigation and this goes for most theories/ideas I'm general.

I misunderstood that, I apologize. When I get a chance I will also start looking into certain people and get some discussion going.

To be honest I don't think I've really been of help to anyone, Town or Scum. Only thing I can think of is me pointing out Matt's comment about there only being one roleblock.

Sawneeks

Banned
Terrabyte: What are your current opinions on Swamped? Perhaps I missed it on Day 2 but I'm not sure if you ever explained how she went from suspicious to not-suspicious on your list for Day 1. Also your top 'who we should go after' list, please.

StarSketch: Quiet all-around so I'm more interested in your thoughts of the current situation. Who are you thinking of going after, Top Scum, and current position on Squidy would be a great start.

Matt Attack: Reads, Top Scum, thoughts on Terra, etc.

Splinter and Rats. how have your reads changed through this game

The end of Day One gave me some decent ideas of who to feel pretty good about. Namely Coppa, roy, and Ouro (RIP).

If Flush flips scum I'll feel real good about Swamped and possibly Terrabyte.

If flush flips Town the opposite is true.

Not much changed from yesterday. I hate lynching neutrals, even if it's necessary (as it was in this case) because it throws the brakes on any momentum we have toward our ultimate goal.

Also, I'm very undecided on squidy. Since Retro was our neutral you're either Town or scum, and I could make a decent argument for either one right now.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Terrabyte: What are your current opinions on Swamped? Perhaps I missed it on Day 2 but I'm not sure if you ever explained how she went from suspicious to not-suspicious on your list for Day 1. Also your top 'who we should go after' list, please.
I liked her response to the pressure. But if I'm being honest, I probably would've done the same even if I didn't. It's the same reason that I had her on my top town list on day 2, but I'll only come out and say if you really want me to.

As for my top 'who should we go after':

Flush(obviously)

*Splinter is someone who I haven't been too sure about, and he made some comments in day one I thought were really odd. To be honest, I thought HE was Blarg for a minute there, but then Retro showed up.

Squidy is constantly having me go back and forth on him, he says things I like, but in a wierd way that just doesn't sit right with me.

StarSketch screams noob town to me.

Sawneeks

Banned
Me.

roy.

Me again.

Swamped.

Those are the important points, I think.

Thank you! I was actually going to ask the same thing before Star spoke up.

I liked her response to the pressure. But if I'm being honest, I probably would've done the same even if I didn't. It's the same reason that I had her on my top town list on day 2, but I'll only come out and say if you really want me to.

As for my top 'who should we go after':

Flush(obviously)

*Splinter is someone who I haven't been too sure about, and he made some comments in day one I thought were really odd. To be honest, I thought HE was Blarg for a minute there, but then Retro showed up.

Squidy is constantly having me go back and forth on him, he says things I like, but in a wierd way that just doesn't sit right with me.

StarSketch screams noob town to me.

Nah, I got it. It was actually one of the reasons why I trusted Swamped more as well was how she responded to things on Day 1. I am still uncertain of her myself but I think it's more because of Dangan than anything. :p

Royal I agree with, *Splinter is still more of an 'in the middle-ish' for me though. Nothing has really swayed me one way or another and I think that's why I find him slightly scummy. He played a convincing Town in DR so I totally understand the apprehension with him...

Say Royal flips Town, how would that change your reads, if at all?

Matt and Starsketch, how do you feel you have helped town this game?

Define "helped". If you're asking if I think I've been an essential part of town, then no, I don't believe that I've made much of a difference. Still, I've always voted for somebody who I felt was likely to be scum, and while I'm not a very good detective, I'm still trying to chime in when I notice something or something bugs me.

Matt Attack: Reads, Top Scum, thoughts on Terra, etc.

Flush is my top scum. I also still don't feel good about squidy. Terra, I'm not sure about. If Flush flips town then I'll feel a lot more confident about Terra being scum. If Flush is scum, then I think that possibility goes down by quite a bit (Terra has kept Flush at the top of his scum list yesterday, and Scrafty's list had Terra listed as scum).

Top town is Sawneeks, Coppa, Roy and Rats. I feel good about all of them.

squidyj

Define "helped". If you're asking if I think I've been an essential part of town, then no, I don't believe that I've made much of a difference. Still, I've always voted for somebody who I felt was likely to be scum, and while I'm not a very good detective, I'm still trying to chime in when I notice something or something bugs me.

please provide specific instances

roytheone

Yes. I don't want to make a full roleclaim yet in case I can turn this around without giving away too much.

57197553.jpg

(For the record, I don't fully buy this role claim yet)

I'm officially suspicious of name-first role claims. This isn't a game about role names. All you're doing is stalling for time while you think of a cover story. And based on Scrafty's original claim, we can be pretty sure that an uncountered name means nothing.

roleclaim under pressure hunh? I wasn't seeing the whole royal flush top scum thing but now I might be getting into it.

Vote: Royal_flush

What? There is someone who is claiming to be a cop that investigated me and that he found out that I am scum. That leaves four possibilities:

a) GC is speaking the truth and I'm scum.
b) GC is lying but I'm still scum. My team is busing me hard.
c) GC is lying and I'm town. GC in reality is El Topo who apparently wants me lynched.
d) GC is lying, I'm town and GC is not El Topo. That makes zero sense.

We can play "who wants to be a millionaire?" now. What answer do you pick?

I'm officially suspicious of name-first role claims. This isn't a game about role names. All you're doing is stalling for time while you think of a cover story. And based on Scrafty's original claim, we can be pretty sure that an uncountered name means nothing.

If you look hard enough, I'm sure you'll find a hint on what my role does in my yesterday's posts.

please provide specific instances

Okay? For example, here's me pointing out what I notice about my top suspect's read lists and here's me pointing out something that didn't sit right to me with Retro's roleclaim. And on Day 1 I kept my vote on Terra who I thought (think?) is scum. I've also tried to post read lists every now and then so that you guys can at least get what I'm feeling about the other players. I'm not saying any of these are examples of high quality play, but I am trying to do my best without regurgitating what points have already made.

Terrabyte20xx

What? There is someone who is claiming to be a cop that investigated me and that he found out that I am scum. That leaves four possibilities:

c) GC is lying and I'm town. GC in reality is El Topo who apparently wants me lynched.

OK, what?

This makes zero sense to me, I don't buy it. And if you were telling the truth, this would seriously make me question what launchpad was even thinking when he made this game.

squidyj

so you believe that to be the case and you go with "well... i'll sorta role claim but not actually"
ok.

Wait, maybe I can claim right now. I just had a thought on how to survive tonight (Given that I get not lynched tonight).

Btw, does that mean that GC is neutral, too?

roytheone

Indeed, Launch specifically said that we shouldn't put to much importance into the name of a person. Now, having an el topo and roytheone role that are somehow liked together, that is easy to guess based on the names alone, so that actually makes me think launch wouldn't have done that. No, I think that roytheone is one of the fake roleclaims he gave to the scum, and that Royal is making up the el topo part trying to discredit Charleston.

And yes, typing my own name in this context is weird as fuck. Also, Royal his avatar is weirding me out. I don't like it :(

In all four scenarios, the best option is "Lynch Flush and figure it out tomorrow."

I trust you, but I think you should have waited with this to see where the discussion about Royal_flush would go naturally, and who would try to protect him.

I think the only place this conversation was gonna go is to a hardcore bussing. There was likely no saving Flush today. There are a couple things from yesterday I'd like to look back on if after he flips scum.

Also, I feel like an idiot, but I didn't even realize what Charleston was saying until Flush explicitly pointed it out. I'm so accustomed to skimming past his posts, sorry bro. >_>

Ok, because I can self-target tonight. Here is my full reveal:

I'm roytheone, an odd-night-doctor. I targeted Ouro night one and I think that was the reason why we didn't have a kill.

Why did I target Ouro?
Ouro and Coppa were the obvious targets N1. I went for Ouro for no special reason, was a random decision. Of course I didn't say so:
I think Coppa would be a good target. Made solid posts, but didn't stick out too much. The last minute vote to Scrafty is a strong indicator for not being scum so he could hardly be painted scummy if needed.
I was way too scared of Mafia figuring it out to say that Ouro was allso a prime lynch target.

What does that mean for the RetroMG thing?

When Ouro claimed he had blocked RetroMG and concluded from this that he was scum, I wasn't to keen on this as I had an alternative. Of course I couldn't go straight out with it, so I repeadetly brought the possibility of a weaker-than-regular doctor up:
Could there be a real doctor in addition to Sorian? Or a town roleblocker? But isn't roleblocker an inherently anti-town role because you're much mire likely to block your doctor/cop than it is to block the one scum that carries out the kill?
@ this whole Ouro-roleblocks-Retro-thing: Certainly makes sense. Maybe our strongest lead today (apart from me apparently), but there still are the possibilities Bulletproof and actual Doctor (maybe x-shot or odd-night or whatever to balance it with the bodyguard). Not entirely sure about this whole situation. But I don't see how roleblocking the killing scum is less likely than protecting the scum-target. Both not especially good odds.

At this stage I was shortly playing with the thought of claiming, but decided against it. Just because I protected someone didn't mean Ouro's scenario was wrong. Could be the right one as well.

Retro claiming Neutral locked that idea away. There was no way I would out me for a Neutral player, which I don't consider as actual mislynch:
Retro either is Neutral or Scum, so I won't complain about lynching him, especially since the alternative apparently is myself. Won't vote because of Turbo, etc...
I totally agree on this. At worst we lynch a neutral. Not much of a loss. Well, we lose someone who can write great roleclaims and sounds like a decent dude, but you know what I mean. (Tough I still would love to see that claimed ability in action, just for the lulz :D)

I then hinted, after the day has ended, that Ouro has to survive on his own tonight:
Welp, good luck then Ouro. I hope you make it...

So that's my roleclaim, I guess...

roytheone

I think the only place this conversation was gonna go is to a hardcore bussing. There was likely no saving Flush today. There are a couple things from yesterday I'd like to look back on if after he flips scum.

Also, I feel like an idiot, but I didn't even realize what Charleston was saying until Flush explicitly pointed it out. I'm so accustomed to skimming past his posts, sorry bro. >_>

This is true. So it was completely unnecessary of Charleston to soft claim cop. Royal would have been lynched without that anyway.

Sorian

Banned
I'm sorry. But you get it, right? After I demasked myself of course where the paperbag was now there has to be my true face :D

I don't mean to interrupt but I was imagining how this would have looked with different avatars since it's basically the tip of the F going up the player's avatar's backend and I think Ouro's current Yosuke would have been making the best face for the job.

Edit (haha losers): Matt Attack's Apollo gets an honorary mention for the same reasons.

Terrabyte20xx

Ok, because I can self-target tonight. Here is my full reveal:

I'm roytheone, an odd-night-doctor. I targeted Ouro night one and I think that was the reason why we didn't have a kill.

Why did I target Ouro?
Ouro and Coppa were the obvious targets N1. I went for Ouro for no special reason, was a random decision. Of course I didn't say so:

I was way too scared of Mafia figuring it out to say that Ouro was allso a prime lynch target.

What does that mean for the RetroMG thing?

When Ouro claimed he had blocked RetroMG and concluded from this that he was scum, I wasn't to keen on this as I had an alternative. Of course I couldn't go straight out with it, so I repeadetly brought the possibility of a weaker-than-regular doctor up:

At this stage I was shortly playing with the thought of claiming, but decided against it. Just because I protected someone didn't mean Ouro's scenario was wrong. Could be the right one as well.

Retro claiming Neutral locked that idea away. There was no way I would out me for a Neutral player, which I don't consider as actual mislynch:

I then hinted, after the day has ended, that Ouro has to survive on his own tonight:

So that's my roleclaim, I guess...
Yeah, now I REALLY don't buy it.

VOTE:Royal_Flush

Flush's claim just sounds like he's fishing for an actual doctor to out themselves. Don't do it, his fate is sealed.

On the plus side, when he flips scum we'll have a better idea of what happened Night One.

roytheone

I'm sorry. But you get it, right? After I demasked myself of course where the paperbag was now there has to be my true face :D

Yeah, I get it, but seeing a mini version of my avatar as part of someone else his avatar is a bit weird :)

Also, is that really your true face? Or is it a mask covering the truth? That is what we need to determine, and I am currently thinking it is a mask.

Top Bottom