• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia [Mafia] lOTl Should've Gone for Bagels...

roytheone

Don't do it! I'm doing the last set of optional missions before the end!

Puppy D-dog is so incredibly adorable and I wish he never grew up so that I could pet him everyday!

Are there MGS V spoilers above this sentence, or not? Am I bluffing? Do you dare to click the spoiler tag ourob? DO YOU DARE !?!?!?

squidyj

Sorry guys, I've been climbing the ladder with tempo mage (85% winrate PogChamp) and baking cinnamon rolls and I want to reread the entire thread before I die in case there's anything to point out so I'll have those reads up tonight. sometime after dinner.

I'm clearly bad at this game, so let's just get ruining the streak over with.

Vote: StarSketch

I can't think of anyways to defend myself that would sound believable so I may as well get this over with.

-facepalm-

Unvote

The hell am I doing. I'm sorry you all had to see that.

I feel like that by the time I get around to posting, a lot of what I come up with has already been asked or brought up. I literally just wrote and deleted a sentence asking GC why he decided to not tell us he searched Squidy right off the bat...but he already answered that. He also eventually gave the info, so it's not really much to get a read on.

I also want Swamped to talk about why she's suspicious of me. As those last two posts proved, I feel like nothing I say is going to drop suspicion off me so I want her to be out with it, 'right time' or no.

As for the ongoing conversation on squidy....I say we lynch him still. if he flips town, then we know GC is lying and we can hit him next. Unless LYLO = Mafia autowin, in which case that's not a good idea obviously.

squidyj

-facepalm-

Unvote

The hell am I doing. I'm sorry you all had to see that.

I feel like that by the time I get around to posting, a lot of what I come up with has already been asked or brought up. I literally just wrote and deleted a sentence asking GC why he decided to not tell us he searched Squidy right off the bat...but he already answered that. He also eventually gave the info, so it's not really much to get a read on.

I also want Swamped to talk about why she's suspicious of me. As those last two posts proved, I feel like nothing I say is going to drop suspicion off me so I want her to be out with it, 'right time' or no.

As for the ongoing conversation on squidy....I say we lynch him still. if he flips town, then we know GC is lying and we can hit him next. Unless LYLO = Mafia autowin, in which case that's not a good idea obviously.

LYLO is LYnch or LOse, it means that if town doesn't lynch a mafia that day then they will lose. You either Lynch scum or you lose.

Anyways I guess I can start to give a shit now. Terrabyte is pretty clearly scum from his voting pattern and his action/inaction on day one. Look at the kind of fluff he's posting here.
Some interesting discussion going on right now, nothing is really screaming at me at the moment though.

I think I'll leave my vote as is for now to keep some pressure on Swamped as I'm not convinced enough to switch. That being said, I can definitely see myself switching later today.

"Hey guys, I'm just checking in but I'm scum and not really trying to figure the game out so I don't really have anything to say, I voted on Swamped and I was hoping that would go somewhere but It's clearly not going to."

This puts us at four, seriously guys, no more until she posts a defense.

"Hey guys how's it going? terrabyte here, I just wanted to let you know that we are in no way near turboing swamped right now so there's no reason for me to mention this and I hope you'll think I'm town now, okay thanks! I'm totally leaving my vote up though, maybe you'll actually turbo?"

He's asked directly for a real post and he deflects with more handwringing bullshit and gives the lightest of the light reads based on another game. Everyone and their dog read him scum in day 1 and then he's pretty much coasted from there, probably because of all of our ridiculous role shenanigans.
The only time he commented on scrafty was a noncommital response to scrafty's roleclaim.
All game this guy has been shrugging and saying "i dunno"

When I'm gone, Please lynch terra for me. No matter what GC says.
That said I'm now more inclined to read Matt and swamped as town.

*splinter and starsketch are on the fence leaning scum and town respectively. Sawneeks is probably my top town right now, I hope I'm not getting pocketed.

Vote: Terrabyte20xx

just in case you decide to change your minds.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Squidy, I have addressed those day one posts multiple times to varying success. If you still have issues with those responses, I would be more than happy to address those as well.

roytheone

First of all, I just realized that if you try to look at all my posts using the "click on the number of posts in the thread" method, you can't really avoid seeing what was in my "MGS V spoiler tags", because the spoiler tags don't work in the post list you get. But don't worry, there aren't actually any MGS V spoilers in that tag.

Since I'm probably not going to be up for day end:

VOTE:squidyjt

im probably fucked if he flips town, gg

I guess this vote still counts, right Launch?

This isn't necessarily true. He was correct about me being town and flush being scum aligned, so if Squidyj flips town it is still a possibility there is a framer/alignment switcher in play. If Squidyj flips town, how I think of GC will heavily depend on what happens during the night.

Also, if Squidyj flips scum, I want to urge everyone to not just assume Terra is town simply because Squidyj is attacking him now. Squidyj knows he is going to be lynched and not Terra, so this could be his final move as a scum to try to clear his final scum partner as much as possible.

roytheone

If nobody has anything more to say, we might as well hammer Squidyj to find out his allignment. Does anyone still want to say something, or can we end the day?

*Splinter

I think the later it ends the better (in terms of time zones). I don't mind if we want to turbo though, only a couple of hours left anyway right?

Swamped

Banned

The thing is, I'm not even sure if I'm correct about my assumptions about you. But if I die tonight, I urge people to look at StarSketch's posts from D2 and come to their own conclusions. I could easily be reading too much into it though.

True, I will let the day run out then.

Ughh would scum really make a reads post before getting lynched? Seems unnecessarily risky. Also, squgee hasn't hammered himself yet (but that just might be a time zone thing). Still, we can't forget the suspicious things sqeegee has done throughout the game. Additionally, lynching him is the only way to see if GC's info checks out.

I won't hammer, for Roy and Splinter.

roytheone

Ughh would scum really make a reads post before getting lynched? Seems unnecessarily risky. Also, squgee hasn't hammered himself yet (but that just might be a time zone thing). Still, we can't forget the suspicious things sqeegee has done throughout the game. Additionally, lynching him is the only way to see if GC's info checks out.

I won't hammer, for Roy and Splinter.

If Squidyj flips scum and the game doesn't end, that means we have 1 scum left. Scum then HAS to take risks to prevent losing, even more so if the final scum is someone that is already being seen as suspicious by some people.

Day 4 Ends
The claims against squidyj were compelling - compelling enough to kick him out of this little soiree. With the last vote coming down on him, he chose to do the honorable thing and stood up, removing his mask.

“I cannot believe zee nearve of you lot. I was simply trying to ‘elp you to find ze scum among us. For now, cargry zis on your conscience,” the person under the mask said, under yet another persona. It was ScraftyDevil!

She stormed off out of the the store without looking back.

squidyj has been removed from the table.

Launchpad was like “lol you guys dun fucked up. Go the fuck to sleep.”

Welcome to GAF Mafia Mafia!

You are ScraftyDevil, an Ordinary!

You are aligned with GAF Town. You win when no GAF scum remain.

You don’t have a power role, unfortunately. I mean, when is GAF going to learn to play those role madness games, right? Make everyone feel special? I know you agree with me. I’m sure you wish you were a 15-shot vig that could remove every other player in the game. That’d be an awesome role. Anyway, until then… yeah, you’re ordinary. If you’d like, just for fun, you could use that player’s character quirks. But that’s up to you. But it’d be fun. Just saying.

Your one power is the power to vote… but you know you guys are going to fuck that up too. I mean, this is GAF and you’re on town. I mean, lol, amirite? Ok, I’ll stop negging you.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role.

Time remaining in night phase
t1444147200z4.png

latest

I was so sure, my informant would never lie to me, would he?

Hmm... Well, if I survive the night you're free to lynch me next, although after this it may end up with the scum winning after all.

Day 5 Begins
”Eyes up.”

“Don’t you mean heads up?”

“Whatever,” Launchpad muttered. “I’m actually getting pretty tired of hosting these shindigs. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the last game I ever host.”

“Yeah, you say that shit every time.”

“Man whatever, I hope they spiked your ass,” Launchpad said, giving a sidelong glance to the player who had spoken up. The players grabbed their tacos, now incredibly cold due to these ridiculous rules that only a moron could have devised. As they each chewed on their tacos, one person began reacting strangely.

Suddenly, this person fell back over the bench they were seated on and started spasming on the floor. Most of the players were unsure how to act, so ended up doing nothing. Launchpad stood up and walked over to this person. It was the person pretending to be *Splinter. Ripping off the bag, it revealed that this was in fact RetroMG.

Launchpad looked disappointed, then returned to his seat, RetroMG now passed out from the pain presumably.

“Hey, shouldn’t we help him or like call somebody?”

“What? No. I want to go home. Get this shit over with already,” Launchpad said, looking around the table disinterestedly.

*Splinter has been removed from the table.

Welcome to GAF Mafia Mafia!

You are RetroMG, an Ordinary!

You are aligned with GAF Town. You win when no GAF scum remain.

You don’t have a power role, unfortunately. I mean, when is GAF going to learn to play those role madness games, right? Make everyone feel special? I know you agree with me. I’m sure you wish you were a 15-shot vig that could remove every other player in the game. That’d be an awesome role. Anyway, until then… yeah, you’re ordinary. If you’d like, just for fun, you could use that player’s character quirks. But that’s up to you. But it’d be fun. Just saying.

Your one power is the power to vote… but you know you guys are going to fuck that up too. I mean, this is GAF and you’re on town. I mean, lol, amirite? Ok, I’ll stop negging you.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role.

Time remaining in day phase
t1444323600z4.png

roytheone

Oeh, early start!

Well, I didn't expect *splinter to get NK. Sure, he was probably seen as the most town behind me and sawneeks, but why not kill me or sawneeks then? I could understand not targeting me in the hope that I will get suspicious because I am linked to the whole GC mess, but not killing sawneeks is a bit weird to me.

*Splinter

Oh oh OH wait I just remembered

Remember that time you all thought I was Blarg? Well...

As the pressure mounted upon the player claiming to be RetroMG, it did not take long for the player to crack. Suddenly, there were puzzles abound and erratic behavior. At some point, he even put on some sort of puppet show. As the players stared on in awe, it became obvious who this masked person was - it was none other than Blargonaut.

OiPhAeo.gif

Ok I'm done, enjoy your tacos

We are truly the last of us.

I checked Terrabyte out and he came out as SCUM but at this point in the game I don't even trust myself anymore.

roytheone

We are truly the last of us.

I checked Terrabyte out and he came out as SCUM but at this point in the game I don't even trust myself anymore.

If there is a framer or switcher in play that fucks with your results, he/she would have almost assuredly targeted Terra, since that was squidyj his last wish. Thus, even if you are really our town cop, this result is still unreliable.

Interesting to note is that *splinter his main suspect outside of squidyj was....Terra. Maybe they are trying to get us to lynch Terra, and they hoped that by NK *splinter we would look back at his suspects and go even more against Terra?

...would it be bad form to list why I'm probably in trouble? I'm Town, but it would be a dumb idea to basically bus myself if I were Scum, but I'm not even sure what to do anymore.

Sawneeks

Banned
RIP Splinter. :(

So no we have 2 major candidates for today; Terrabyte and GC. I don't think we should narrow down our search to simply these 2 people and we should be aware of other candidates. Right now we only have 7 people left, meaning if there are 2 Scum still hiding we can mislynch today but after that it becomes LyLo.

[m] Matt Attack
[m] roytheone
[f] Sawneeks
[m] Terrabyte20xx
[m] GreatCharleston
[f] Swamped
[f] StarSketch

I also would like everyone on this list to pick their Top 2 Scum and give reasons as to why. We can't let this Day stagnate with a lack of discussion like we did yesterday or else it will lead to another mislynch and that is something we can not afford right now.

First off, Matt Attack, what do you think of GC now that he is still around? You were floating around the idea of him being a Scum Cop yesterday and I'm wondering if your thoughts have changed on this.

Swamped, you mentioned having found something on Star that 'made you pause' but you never ended up sharing it. What did you find and would you consider a lynch towards Star?

StarSketch could you explain what that was at the end of yesterday? I can understanding not feeling helpful in these games ( early Dangan I was super quiet.. ) but I don't understand your switch you made from 'i will bus myself' to 'wait, no, sorry i'm fine'. I'm starting to believe Sorian's early comment about your playstyle..

Roytheone, my Witch buddy! What do you think about GC possibly being the Scum Cop? Even if he isn't, or you don't think he is, would you be up for a lynch his way just to figure out what is going on?

GreatCharleston. Going to echo what Terra said and ask what kind of Cop you are. I've asked this before and never got an answer and some transparency would be appreciated.

Terrabyte, you now stand accused of being Scum by GC. I've already asked you questions pertaining to the previous Days so I'm more interested into what you think of the current situation. Do you believe GC is the Cop? Town or Scum? What's your defense against his claim on you?

Oeh, early start!

Well, I didn't expect *splinter to get NK. Sure, he was probably seen as the most town behind me and sawneeks, but why not kill me or sawneeks then? I could understand not targeting me in the hope that I will get suspicious because I am linked to the whole GC mess, but not killing sawneeks is a bit weird to me.

I'm also pretty surprised it was Splinter. I thought it was going to be myself, you, or GC and Splinter is just an odd choice. Maybe they are trying to frame you? Hard to tell.

RIP Splinter. :(

StarSketch could you explain what that was at the end of yesterday? I can understanding not feeling helpful in these games ( early Dangan I was super quiet.. ) but I don't understand your switch you made from 'i will bus myself' to 'wait, no, sorry i'm fine'. I'm starting to believe Sorian's early comment about your playstyle..

I think I'm just tired of playing, I guess? Granted, if I'm that tired I should probably just ask to drop out but we're probably near game end and I may as well just play it out.

roytheone

Roytheone, my Witch buddy! What do you think about GC possibly being the Scum Cop? Even if he isn't, or you don't think he is, would you be up for a lynch his way just to figure out what is going on?

I will make a bigger in depth posts sharing my thoughts about the GC situation later, but I will already answer this question: No, I will not support any Lynch that has the main goal of figuring out what is going on. We no longer have the luxury to use lynching to test things, we have to hit scum today or we are in big trouble. A mislynch will put us in 2 vs 3 LYLO tomorrow, so one wrong vote of a Towny and if the scum is paying attention they can hammer and win. When we Lynch someone today it has to be because we think he/she is scum, not because it would give us the most information. We can no longer afford that kind of lynch.

First off, Matt Attack, what do you think of GC now that he is still around? You were floating around the idea of him being a Scum Cop yesterday and I'm wondering if your thoughts have changed on this.

I think it's still possible, but it would have been more likely if squidy had flipped scum (the ultimate busing). As it stands, what he's done has seemed like a really risky move from a scum perspective. Still, it's an idea that I will be considering thanks to what happened with squidy (RIP). It's still possible a framer is at play, of course.

My top two scum are Terra and GC- safe picks, but for a good reason. I also really want to focus on swamped and Star today- my reads on them aren't strong enough at this point in the game for me to be comfortable.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Terrabyte, you now stand accused of being Scum by GC. I've already asked you questions pertaining to the previous Days so I'm more interested into what you think of the current situation. Do you believe GC is the Cop? Town or Scum? What's your defense against his claim on you?

I believe he's a cop of somekind, his actions have proven that, I just don't know what kind. My defence depends on what kind of cop he is. If he's a role cop or a scum/not scum cop, I would plead being framed. If he is a innocent/guilty cop however, it is possible I wasn't.

You see, I'm a second neutral,nin1000 the protector, who's job was to protect Swamped from being lynched. The flavor explanation is that since I've been playing GAFia since day one I decided to make my own personal goal for a bit of challenge. If GC is just a regular cop who receives innocent/guilty, it would be possible for him to read me as guilty without myself being framed as I'm not town aligned.

Sawneeks

Banned
I think I'm just tired of playing, I guess? Granted, if I'm that tired I should probably just ask to drop out but we're probably near game end and I may as well just play it out.

But what/who made you change your mind? From my perspective it feels like you were ready to stop playing but someone talked you out of it and you changed your mind. Going from 'I'm done playing' to 'I will keep going' is a big change to go through.

I will make a bigger in depth posts sharing my thoughts about the GC situation later, but I will already answer this question: No, I will not support any Lynch that has the main goal of figuring out what is going on. We no longer have the luxury to use lynching to test things, we have to hit scum today or we are in big trouble. A mislynch will put us in 2 vs 3 LYLO tomorrow, so one wrong vote of a Towny and if the scum is paying attention they can hammer and win. When we Lynch someone today it has to be because we think he/she is scum, not because it would give us the most information. We can no longer afford that kind of lynch.

I agree but I did want to hear your opinion on it. Thanks Roy. :)

I think it's still possible, but it would have been more likely if squidy had flipped scum (the ultimate busing). As it stands, what he's done has seemed like a really risky move from a scum perspective. Still, it's an idea that I will be considering thanks to what happened with squidy (RIP). It's still possible a framer is at play, of course.

My top two scum are Terra and GC- safe picks, but for a good reason. I also really want to focus on swamped and Star today- my reads on them aren't strong enough at this point in the game for me to be comfortable.

I'm not understanding your meaning that if Squidy was scum then it would mean GC has a higher chance of being scum?? Why bus two of your own teammates? I can argue why Scum!GC would bus Royal because he didn't know Royal was Scum...but I can't see putting another Scum teammate under the bus, especially this late into the game.

Would like to hear your good reason for both GC and Terra please.

I believe he's a cop of somekind, his actions have proven that, I just don't know what kind. My defence depends on what kind of cop he is. If he's a role cop or a scum/not scum cop, I would plead being framed. If he is a innocent/guilty cop however, it is possible I wasn't.

You see, I'm a second neutral,nin1000 the protector, who's job was to protect Swamped from being lynched. The flavor explanation is that since I've been playing GAFia since day one I decided to make my own personal goal for a bit of challenge. If GC is just a regular cop who receives innocent/guilty, it would be possible for him to read me as guilty without myself being framed as I'm not town aligned.

Man. Terra claims and no one says anything. You're all slacking. :p

But that would explain your stance from earlier in the game where you suddenly thought Swamped was Town without giving much of an explanation. However, I do want to ask if it specifically tells you Swamped's alignment. Do you 100% believe she is Town? You seemed pretty sure of it earlier but if you are a Neutral role then it leaves the possibility that she is Scum.

But what/who made you change your mind? From my perspective it feels like you were ready to stop playing but someone talked you out of it and you changed your mind. Going from 'I'm done playing' to 'I will keep going' is a big change to go through.

I have a really bad tendency to make impulse posts like that out of frustration, Hence the "I'm sorry you had to see that".

A few people who are not in this game did send me PMs of encouragement, though. But if you're implying I had Mafia members talking to me, no, that's not what happened.

I'm not understanding your meaning that if Squidy was scum then it would mean GC has a higher chance of being scum?? Why bus two of your own teammates? I can argue why Scum!GC would bus Royal because he didn't know Royal was Scum...but I can't see putting another Scum teammate under the bus, especially this late into the game.

Would like to hear your good reason for both GC and Terra please.

You're probably right. I think I got too caught up in what I thought might have been going on, because it really would be a very risky, very unlikely play. In the scenario I was considering, GC was a scum cop with the ability to try to find their hidden partner (Flush). Assuming there are no neutrals beyond Retro (Terra has claimed neutral now though), upon finding Flush's alignment GC would know the alignment of every player in the game, allowing him to give 100% accurate reads. Town has generally had some really good luck up until now, so busing two team mates would be a high risk, high reward strategy to gain essentially unmatched credibility. Squidy's flip sinks this theory though- not that GC can't be scum.

As for why I think he could be scum, there's a few reasons. First and foremost is that squidy flipped town- he's probably fine if there's a framer (and if I were a framer, I definitely would have assumed Terra would be his next target, explaining that scum result), but if there's not a framer than his actions are obviously suspicious. Him not revealing his squidy result immediately yesterday was attributed to wanting to make the game more fun for the rest of us, but it could have just as easily been stalling for time while thinking of who to point his finger at. He's generally kept a low profile (from my perspective at least) up until now, and he's no stranger to weird behavior (like his Ourobolus vote).

Terra has been suspicious to me for most of the game, but I let up on him because I legitimately believed that Flush and squidy were both scum. He's my top suspect now that they're out of the way. He's role claimed neutral now, but I don't entirely buy it. I can't apply too much value to this line of reasoning because it's pretty meta, but I still think it's unlikely that we've got another neutral- have there been other GAF games of this size with more than one neutral (I haven't payed much attention to every game so I'm not sure)? Retro's role PM labeled him as "the neutral", which also lowers the possibility for me (although perhaps in defense of Terra's claim, he said not too place much stock into that when I last brought it up- perhaps an early sign that he knew there was another neutral). I'd also like to call attention to one of his read lists- outside of Flush, who scum likely did not know was on their side, every player on his scum list is now confirmed not-scum (admittedly, being wrong is kind of a part of mafia).

Terra, I'm curious to know if you knew Swamped was your target to protect from the beginning.

Ok, wait.

Does this have the kind of win condition where if Swamped doesn't die, only you (Or I guess you and Swamped) win?

Or is it a thing where you win with whoever else wins (so if Town wins, you win with them, and if Mafia wins you win)

Also, on the possibility of Terra being truthful regarding his role and Swamped being scum, pretty much the exact same situation occurred in Star Wars Mafia- Palmer had to protect raindoc, who was the final scum player. Palmer's role PM did not include raindoc's alignment .

Ok, wait.

Does this have the kind of win condition where if Swamped doesn't die, only you (Or I guess you and Swamped) win?

Or is it a thing where you win with whoever else wins (so if Town wins, you win with them, and if Mafia wins you win)

Almost assuredly the latter- all the neutral roles I've seen on GAF so far have had the ability to win alongside the other teams (although didn't DR have a sole neutral winner? I didn't follow the end of that game).

Sawneeks

Banned
I have a really bad tendency to make impulse posts like that out of frustration, Hence the "I'm sorry you had to see that".

A few people who are not in this game did send me PMs of encouragement, though. But if you're implying I had Mafia members talking to me, no, that's not what happened.

Alright, thank you for answering my questions. :)

I am still wary of you and what your alignment is but I will drop it, for now.

Thank you.

The current absence of GC and his lack of answering questions is also striking me as odd and isn't necessarily helping paint him in a good light, somewhat similar to his 'stall' yesterday. If GC did end up flipping Scum would you consider Roy to be scum? He is the only person GC ever cleared.

It did, which is why I was asking.

Makai's win at the end of Dangan was a bit of a special case. I'm assuming to win as a 'Protector' role you have to make sure the person you are protecting lives until the end of the game regardless of their alignment. Meaning if Swamped is scum it doesn't matter to Terra as long as she lives.

If GC did end up flipping Scum would you consider Roy to be scum? He is the only person GC ever cleared.

While I would definitely entertain the idea, it would take more than that to convince me. There's always the possibility that GC cleared him to try to get Roy (who would have known that he is indeed town) to buy into his claim.

Sawneeks

Banned
While I would definitely entertain the idea, it would take more than that to convince me. There's always the possibility that GC cleared him to try to get Roy (who would have known that he is indeed town) to buy into his claim.

If GC did end up being scum I think that would be what actually happened. Get one confirmed Townie to side with you by 'clearing' them and if you happen to get lynched then you might pull that person down with you. It would also get that Townie to side with you more often.

And thinking about it...why would Terra being lying about his claim? He has been against going after Swamped since Day 1 and whenever someone would prod about why he would deflect them and answer different questions. Giving Terra the benefit of the doubt here, maybe he is telling the truth?

What I'm getting at is I don't think we should lynch him. I still want him to answer your questions but I don't think lynching him is the right way to go. It's more of a gut feeling but I feel like he is telling the truth. It would explain why he defended her so much early on without necessarily being Scum. This doesn't clear Swamped either and if there was anyone to lynch I would not be against it.

Top Bottom