• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF MLB League Thread: The Curse of Bagwell..

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Jesus nothing like having to face back to back pitchers who throw 98+ and have insane offspeed pitches.

Burnetts knucklecurve is just ugh.

Man not having Andy and Roger is just killing me,Jennings is so-so compared to them,but the dude's stamina was at like 50% in the 4th inning,I could just barley get him through the 5th.

Toronto's lineup is the shit compared to last year,they have many weapons on O :( Adding the Big Hurt was huge.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Big Zep said:
I think im gonna ban A.J Burnetts knuckle curveball...:lol

:( :lol

WHY DIDNT YOU! :p

Dez

Matrix said:
:( :lol

WHY DIDNT YOU! :p

HAHA, i thought i was doomed when you knocked my first knucle curve out.. then i realized it was only effective if you had just seen a couple of 99 mph fastballs :p

Matrix

Dez said:
HAHA, i thought i was doomed when you knocked my first knucle curve out.. then i realized it was only effective if you had just seen a couple of 99 mph fastballs :p

Yea it can be seen if you start off with it,but tossing in a couple of 99 mph 4 seamers and haha automatic K.

Damn having to face Roy and AJ to start a season is so depressing.

Matrix

Lets take a poll...

Who batting with batters eye on/or off?

1.I have it on
2.I have it off

I'm not using it and I think its why I'm K'ing so much :lol :( I like the challenge.

bluemax

Banned
Matrix said:
Lets take a poll...

Who batting with batters eye on/or off?

1.I have it on
2.I have it off

I'm not using it and I think its why I'm K'ing so much :lol :( I like the challenge.

I don't turn it to always on like Konex, but I do use it. For guys with small strike zones and big batters eyes it can be a big advantage.

Pujols falls in to that category :)

Dez

I use it (by clicking the analog stick) to move to a certain location (normally on the edge of the strike zone).. then i can tell that the pitch is not a strike if the pitch is moving to that location, and is not highlighted. Then again, when the pitch is highlighted, i tend to panic and screw up.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i don't even know what batters eye is so i dont think im using it.

:lol

Yea its off by default.

Zep

Banned
Yea and keep it off bitches! :) Click the stick... And holy shit, when BB's reliever came in Howards batter eye was the whole ****in strike zone...lol

And CJ why didnt you intentionally walk Manny or Ortiz? You can do it if they start killing you (which they did, :lol ) The first couple of innings i wouldnt like to see it though. Use your better judgement and the situation at hand(open base at first, etc.)

DMczaf

If there are any rules, wouldnt it be smart to put them on the league main page? Thats what we would always do in our Madden and NBA leagues.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
If there are any rules, wouldnt it be smart to put them on the league main page? Thats what we would always do in our Madden and NBA leagues.

logo.jpg

ZEP is,SILENCE!

Matrix

Dez

Is there any way to see your rotation / bullpen settings? I can set hitting lineups, but nothing for pitchers..

Matrix

storybook77 said:
The Batter's eye is actually on by default, however, seeing the eye cursor is off by default.

Strange it was off on default on my version.I didnt even know about it till Konex was using it against me.

MY COPY IS USED! :eek:

My rotation is:
Rogers
Bonderman
Robertson
Verlander
Maroth

Just wanted that to be clear, because the league site has it differently. My first 3 games have followed the rotation above.

crap i dont know much about my rotation. i dont know any of the sox players.... although in my first 3 games i used 3 different SP. i thought the game would just automatically have a rotation and put the next guy to pitch as the first pitcher.

Matrix

Fmt it does,you're fine.

Unless you wanted to pitch wih someone else first then you would have needed to let everyone else know and create your own starting rotation.

Say I wanted to pitch Roy O 2nd and someone else first I would have had to tell Zep.

Matrix

Dez I can play now if you want,might aswell get my 3 game losing streak against the Jays over with.

If not,I'll still be good to go at 10.

Dez

Matrix said:
Dez I can play now if you want,might aswell get my 3 game losing streak against the Jays over with.

If not,I'll still be good to go at 10.

I'm watching hockey now.. 10 would be better for me. And i'm not so sure about Chacin continuing my win streak :(

Matrix

Ok 10 it is.

Its not like I have super ace on the mound :p Besides Roy I dont have a starter that can throw heat....get ready for some 88 mph fastballs from Woody Williams!

My pen is shit and cant hold a lead anyway :(

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
Ok 10 it is.

Its not like I have super ace on the mound :p Besides Roy I dont have a starter that can throw heat....get ready for some 88 mph fastballs from Woody Williams!

My pen is shit and cant hold a lead anyway :(

Lets work out a trade...I have an available pitcher ;)

Matrix

Seriously **** that last game.

I give up a 2 run hr to Wells cause the games lags when I throw the ball and I end up throwing a fast ball right down the middle.

Then I have a sure DP to continue the game on and I press the right buttons and biggio doesnt release the ball to the short stop.

That was bs all around.

I didnt lose that,the game itself beat me.

That pissed me off,I dont mind losing,but I dont like the bs factors that caused me to lose.

I miss Show.

Matrix

7 people havent even played 1 game,I have a bad feeling about a 22 team league.

Konex,Ck hasnt played 1 game of his first series...Zep said we cant go ahead :\

Matrix

I agree,its f-ing stupid :\

So I have to sit around now that I finished my first 3 games :(

Dez

I can't understand why I was without my relief pitchers from game 1.. B.J. Ryan and Brandon League had only pitched 2 innings each on that game, yet they are still not available for me to use?

Matrix

Dez said:
I can't understand why I was without my relief pitchers from game 1.. B.J. Ryan and Brandon League had only pitched 2 innings each on that game, yet they are still not available for me to use?

Hurt?

Zep

Banned
everyone who hasnt played already told me of what their situation is...And I flexed due to a couple people going away in a few weeks(FMT)...He'll get to play his games ahead of time.

Play each other if your bored.

Matrix

Big Zep said:
everyone who hasnt played already told me of what their situation is...

Big Boss man care to share that info with us :p

Getting 1 game done takes awhile and these are 3 game series,we can be sitting around for awhile.

Matrix

Konex you bored?

LETS PLAY!
edit- nm,going to watch a movie...im 2ked out

Matrix said:
Konex you bored?

LETS PLAY!
edit- nm,going to watch a movie...im 2ked out

I'm bored.

oops too late.

-who wants a game?

p.s. this does suck that we have to wait for 21 games to be played before we can play another official league game.

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
Big Boss man care to share that info with us :p

Getting 1 game done takes awhile and these are 3 game series,we can be sitting around for awhile.

Sanjuro and Pheeniks are playing now...I switched the schedule because Sanjuro is going out of town tomarrow.

Padres - Brewers is tomarrow, they both had prior shit today.

Wellie had something with his brother so hopefully tonight or definately tomarrow

Shawn told me of his problems(i wont say what), he'll be back tomarrow and play

And where is this 21gms coming from?

Dez

ChrisJames said:
I'm bored.

oops too late.

-who wants a game?

p.s. this does suck that we have to wait for 21 games to be played before we can play another official league game.

I'll play..

Matrix

I dont want people in the league to think I'm bitching at them,people have lives,its just we have a lot of people and some people have more time to play than others.

Either the league should have been smaller or some how the schedule needs to be opened atleast 1 week ahead to give the people who are faster somthing to do league wise.

Playing random games is ok,but it's not the same.

The Show league was a full flex schedule and was working well till the lag destroyed it.

edit- I messed up with the 21 games thing,Im tired.

Top Bottom