• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF MLB League Thread: The Curse of Bagwell..

Dez

... sorry man, i was trying to intentionally walk sheffield, i just couldn't remember the combination.. and then i tried to look it up on the tips, but they weren't there.. and then got back into the game and it pitched for me..

Dez said:
... sorry man, i was trying to intentionally walk sheffield, i just couldn't remember the combination.. and then i tried to look it up on the tips, but they weren't there.. and then got back into the game and it pitched for me..

Yeah that happens to me too. When I'm managing my bullpen, hitting A constantly, and then it pitches on accident. No worries. That was a fun game.

Dez

ChrisJames said:
Yeah that happens to me too. When I'm managing my bullpen, hitting A constantly, and then it pitches on accident. No worries. That was a fun game.

k cool.. ridiculous amount of HRs.. really glad that we're not using the default sliders in the league. Is there any way to set the sliders in a regular non-league game?

Dez said:
k cool.. ridiculous amount of HRs.. really glad that we're not using the default sliders in the league. Is there any way to set the sliders in a regular non-league game?

I've heard that you can go to the custom lobby and change the sliders. I just wanted to play a ranked game so I could try and get some achievements... lol

-also, I didn't mean to seem like a whiner about the league set-up. I'm excited for the league, that's why I wanted to play some more games:D

Big Zep doesn't want us to move ahead because he fears that I'm going to hand him his first loss.......right after I take out Ryan Howard with a fastball to the head (I kid, I kid). :D

Zep

Banned
Ok, dont make me regret this ruling guys.

After thinking long and hard, I came to a good to a ruling in the schedule that should make everyone happy.

New Rule:
When 50% of the series are done, you can advance to your next opponent.

Agreed?

Zep

Banned
storybook77 said:
Big Zep doesn't want us to move ahead because he fears that I'm going to hand him his first loss.......right after I take out Ryan Howard with a fastball to the head (I kid, I kid). :D

you want that asswhuppin now ?

Zep

Banned
storybook77 said:
lol....nah, too late now. Tomorrow, perhaps?

I'm heading off to bed. The little one likes to wake up bright, early, and hungry!

yep, i'll let it slide till tomarrow. gonna be the same results anyway ;)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Big Zep said:
Ok, dont make me regret this ruling guys.

After thinking long and hard, I came to a good to a ruling in the schedule that should make everyone happy.

New Rule:
When 50% of the series are done, you can advance to your next opponent.

Agreed?

Smart move :)

BirdBomb

Banned
Does the Giants owner have any way to be contacted outside of the boards?? (i.e. AIM, email, ect.)

Giants, when do u want to start our series? im ready to lose any time

Does anybody here get frequently disconnected from 2k?

I know it's not my connection/router. I keep getting disconnected from 2k in the middle of my games with Zep, and my computer's internet is still working...so I don't know what is going on!

bluemax

Banned
Are the rosters old? I noticed in offline that my number 2 starter is like Kip Wells or something, but online I still have the injured in real life Mark Mulder.

Not that I'm complaining, I'd rather have Mulder.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
U still around Konex?

Ill play.

Matrix

DM YOU UP ? :lol

Ill be on live just message me konex.

Matrix

Big Zep said:
konex answer me truthfully...do you ever contact hit? or power swing all game?

Oh noes what happened? :lol

Konex we balling?!

Zep

Banned
He did nothing wrong...just wondering. I lost 6-2 as the royals.

80% of his hits are HR's and I maybe get one groundball from him.

Zep

Banned
I think Swing Stick Power has no effect on your hitting...Later today I'm gonna find if theres a slider for you using classic.

Matrix

Konex,sorry about that pitch to A-rod.

I was trying to hit you on purpose and you swung :lol

I ****ed myself up,put my pitcher in at 2nd base :lol TWICE!

that was refreshing playing you without the giant white circle of doom,though my LUKE SKYWALKER hr rob saved me the game.

Yea Lidge blew two games for me against Dez,that was a fluke against you....he sucks ass.

Matrix

wtf I was looking at game stats and I left 4 men on base,which was real and the Yankees left 255 men on base :lol :lol

Zep

Banned
Cloudy said:
Dude, you realize I have a power team right? :lol

PS: Blown away by Lidge. Un-frikken-real. Damn you, Matrix! :(

You have a team full of great hitters...maybe 3-4 are power. Not everybody.

Cloudy

Banned
Big Zep said:
You have a team full of great hitters...maybe 3-4 are power. Not everybody.

Check their stats thru 3 games in the League. Pretty unremarkable overall...

It all evens out...well unless you're the Red Sox :eek:

DCX

DCX
Shawn, if you get your series done today i would be willing to start our series sometime tonight if you are home and willing. The scheduling gods curse me with Konex and his team of Base Wars players and then you...ah what a glorious way to start the season :/

basewars.JPG

" Because hitting and pitching should be precise "

lsgQLUe5.jpg

" Because i can! "

:lol :lol :lol :D

DCX

Cloudy

Banned
BTW, if you start a game and it has lag, pause the game for a bit and the lag'll probably go. If you decide to quit, make sure you both accept it or the stats will post...

If you see the cursor always big after you pitch, you'll know there's slight lag and if you're not using a star pitcher, everything will be off target...

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
****ATTENTION JOEYBALLGAME!*****

IM me on AIM: whossorrynow015 or post here a time you can play our series!

cubs vs. whitesox, feel the excitement!

He's watching a movie right now, and we still have one game to finish. So you can hold your horses Mr. Jgar!

Matrix

Dez

Andokuky said:
I can start our series tonight too Dez if you're around.

Sure, I'm free tonight.. any time is good for me. But if you want to get your first series in first, then that's cool too.

Zep

Banned
Wellington said:
Hey what kind of pitch stats are you guys getting?

Like average, total pitches, strikes, balls?

like 98% strikes...because thats what i usually throw. I'd say about 4-5 garbage pitches a game.

Hey DCX, I'm going to finish my series with Juan and call it a night. My 4th 360 broke down today, and I had to get the POS replaced with my Best Buy warranty. Lets shoot for Monday! Stay on AIM

Matrix

pheeniks said:
Maaaaatrix. When can we play our series 2?

Wait,you are the Mets? :\

WTF the 2k site always ****s with me,I swore I had the Mets and now it says the Marlins :lol

I can play a couple of games tonight at like 10:30 eastern

Matrix said:
Wait,you are the Mets? :\

WTF the 2k site always ****s with me,I swore I had the Mets and now it says the Marlins :lol

I can play a couple of games tonight at like 10:30 eastern

Big Zep changed the schedule around...just get me on AIM!

Top Bottom