• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF MLB League Thread: The Curse of Bagwell..

_Angelus_

Banned
Matrix said:

Yeah n/m with me also. I see I'm now set to play the Padres instead.

Anyways,whoever has San Diego-if you want to play tonight then I'm up for a game around 8 Pacific time tonight.

If not we'll get it going tomorrow.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Pheeniks,my aim isnt connecting like usual.

I'm free to play now.

I'm in the lobby and I'll be around the forum.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thanks,Ill need it with my shitty starters :lol :(

Andokuky

Banned
So I guess every pitcher you use goes on the injured list and is gone for a game or so? How does this work with closers? Relievers I used for only a few innings went out for 2 games. I lost my "ace" for 4 games in the 3rd inning :lol

Brad Wilkerson's last game: 5-6, 1 double, 3HR, 5 RBI :D Idk what happened, that is usually like 10 games worth of offense for me.

Zep

Banned
Pretty sure me and AKA are able to take people off the injured list...shit is retarded because everyone has a strained abdomen:lol Not even fatigue.

Oh my god...Matrix's pitcher got a homer off of me :lol

-I can finish our third game now...will wait in lobby unless you post otherwise
*congratulations on a thorough ass-kicking

Matrix

pheeniks said:
Oh my god...Matrix's pitcher got a homer off of me :lol

-I can finish our third game now...will wait in lobby unless you post otherwise
*congratulations on a thorough ass-kicking

:lol NIEVE THE GREATEST HR HITTTER EVER!

Ok give me 5 mins,need a piss break!

Matrix

pheeniks said:
Man, I feel like I swing so badly at everything. It pisses me off...

You can hit inside sliders well,I'm staying away from those :lol

Ok 2 more mins,just need to plug in my charge cable for the controller.

GET READY FOR ROY O!

Juan and I need a reset later tonight. Don't reset it now, because we're playing our game 3 now and the reset might boot us. Thanks!

Let's just say that my series with Matrix is one I don't need to remember...

gg matrix

I am glad my wk 1 opponent is out of town cause I feel like sending this game through the incinerator. I feel like I have to take matrix/oswalt to court because I just got RAPED :lol

Matrix

GG's :lol Roy is the man,I wouldnt feel bad about that one.Now you not hitting Nieve or Wandy,well...no comment :p

I needed revenge against someone after blowing two games against Dez *DIE LIDGE* and have been actually practicing hitting again,because I felt clueless in my games against Dez.

You dont play enough and you lose your touch with the hitstick.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
Don't cry about getting owned by Oswalt. He blew me away and I'm the Yankees :lol

Woody Williams pwned you too last night :p

Man I might as well change my avatar to Jose Hernandez. Cause that's what I was...and until I strike out under 10 times in a game it won't change. My personal motivation!

Got destroyed 3 games in a row, I am not gonna sleep well tonight.

Matrix

Two games in a row,you could have won that first game,only lost 3-1.

:lol @ avatar

Andokuky

Banned
Dez said:
ughh.. that game had awful lag, eh Ando? not sure what the reason was..

Uh, yea. Always sucks when a laggy meatball is knocked out of the park to win the game but oh well :lol Not sure why it was laggy, played 2 games earlier with Wellington lag free.

Dez

next time we'll test it in a custom game first.. i played another game right after and it was laggy too, so it was probably my end.. but the next game was fine, and now I'm playing NHL and it's okay too.. maybe it's a time of day thing. Otherwise i may have to become a weekend only player (friday, saturday), cuz that's when I'm in Toronto, as opposed to this shitty town of Waterloo..

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
Hey DCX, I'm going to finish my series with Juan and call it a night. My 4th 360 broke down today, and I had to get the POS replaced with my Best Buy warranty. Lets shoot for Monday! Stay on AIM
Let me know, we can ball maybe tonight after 11 est.

DCX

MickeyPhree

bluemax said:
He's watching a movie right now, and we still have one game to finish. So you can hold your horses Mr. Jgar!

Sorry boys. GF likes to watch movies on the HD-dvd player. Can't get her off of there sometimes.

Blue, tomorrow night after 9pm EST I'm good. Or if I'm still awake after 24 tonight we can go.

MickeyPhree

FrenchMovieTheme said:
****ATTENTION JOEYBALLGAME!*****

IM me on AIM: whossorrynow015 or post here a time you can play our series!

cubs vs. whitesox, feel the excitement!

My pitful offense shall explode. Let me just put up one more game of one run ball against Blue......Soriano will make you hurt.

bluemax

Banned
sext0n said:
Sorry boys. GF likes to watch movies on the HD-dvd player. Can't get her off of there sometimes.

Blue, tomorrow night after 9pm EST I'm good. Or if I'm still awake after 24 tonight we can go.

Could be trouble, I spend my weeknights in the computer lab programming for a class. I'm on the Westcoast so unless you're up late this could be a problem. I might skip out on the lab tonight depending upon how tired I am so I could be home by 8pm EST. Probably will go to the lab though in which case I'll be home no earlier than 10 EST.

MickeyPhree

bluemax said:
Could be trouble, I spend my weeknights in the computer lab programming for a class. I'm on the Westcoast so unless you're up late this could be a problem. I might skip out on the lab tonight depending upon how tired I am so I could be home by 8pm EST. Probably will go to the lab though in which case I'll be home no earlier than 10 EST.

I'll be on for awhile tonight. Probably be getting off around midnight. I just got GRAW2 so I'll be spending time with that, but I'll play with you if your able to tonight. Just from 9 - 10 its 24 with the lady.

Dez

Andokuky, let me know if you want to play today.. I'm free till about 1 am est. I had a scrimmage with ChrisJames today and it was fairly lag free.. i think my connection is back to normal today.

I'm still at work right now anyway DCX, I simply have too much stuff to do to leave right now. Hopefully you'll be on later tonight.

_Angelus_

Banned
Ok the guy who has the Padres(anjuro Tsubaki)...can you finish up your current series?
I'd like to get things going since your next up for me to play.

I'll be on for awhile tonight. Probably be getting off around midnight. I just got GRAW2 so I'll be spending time with that, but I'll play with you if your able to tonight. Just from 9 - 10 its 24 with the lady.

screw your series 1 game. i'm ready to destroy you here and now!

Zep

Banned
Yes, i cleared all injuries...that doesnt mean you go buck ****in wild on using your starters again, stick to the rotations..

And speaking of rotations, are the owners of the red sox, yankees and braves telling me they only have 4 pitchers in their rotation? I would like some clarification. And Konex no, Pavano cannot be used as a reliever, until he does that shit in RL.

After hearing some things, im very close to using 5man rotations exclusively...shitty pitcher or not.

Dez

If there's no penalty for a four man rotation (less stamina, or higher injury chance), then then I don't think it should be an option - there's no reason to not use a four man rotation, if that's the case.

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
I'm still at work right now anyway DCX, I simply have too much stuff to do to leave right now. Hopefully you'll be on later tonight.
I just got home, so if you are up for it, anytime from now til whenever, unless i get tired.

DCX

Cloudy

Banned
I don't mind going back to a 5-man rotation if EVERYONE does that. Also we should NOT take off pitcher injuries for any starters...

Zep

Banned
Cloudy said:
I don't mind going back to a 5-man rotation if EVERYONE does that. Also we should NOT take off pitcher injuries for any starters...

Everyone will do it...If they dont have 5 starters, then show me, then i'll accept 4. And the injury system is ****ed up, people stay injured way to long, even into their next start. I trust you guys wont abuse it...because if i catch it i'll give you 5 striaght losses, no lie.

Not to sound like a dictator but that it shouldnt come to this anyhow...so no worries, right:)

bluemax

Banned
sext0n said:
My pitful offense shall explode. Let me just put up one more game of one run ball against Blue......Soriano will make you hurt.

Soriano had quite the game, 4-4 with 2 HR, ugh.

I can't believe you pitched to Pujols, with a lefty and the game on the line. You'd have to have thrown it a foot outside for him not to hit it in that situation. Plus I'm struggling with Edmonds for some reason.

Oh well, bring on the Brewers!

Schilling has 3 of the Red Sox wins out of 5 games? Sim baseball at its finest!

bluemax

Banned
Oh zep, is there any way to fix the game weather/start times? Playing games that are at 5am with 20 something degree weather is kinda meh. Starters wear out faster I'm guessing.

bluemax said:
Schilling has 3 of the Red Sox wins out of 5 games? Sim baseball at its finest!

Yeah, seriously, what's up with that?

Big Zep said:
I trust you guys wont abuse it...because if i catch it i'll give you 5 striaght losses, no lie.

... :lol

p.s. don't actually do that Zep, I'm just playin' around.

Top Bottom