• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF MLB League Thread: The Curse of Bagwell..

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
bluemax said:
Schilling has 3 of the Red Sox wins out of 5 games? Sim baseball at its finest!

what the fu*k

Andokuky

Banned
Didn't he say that because of the game that was reset, stats were doubled or something? So Schilling had 2 wins but he actually only had 1. Now he has 3, so my guess is he is using a 4 man rotation and Schilling has 2 real starts.

Andokuky said:
Didn't he say that because of the game that was reset, stats were doubled or something? So Schilling had 2 wins but he actually only had 1. Now he has 3, so my guess is he is using a 4 man rotation and Schilling has 2 real starts.

Yeah, I was just checking the league site to see how Schilling had 3 wins all ready, and it looks like you're right.

Darn, and I was hoping we'd have some legitimate drama in this place :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
4 man rotation shit is weak,this isnt the playoffs and most teams dont go on a 4 man rotation unless there are schedule changes/day offs or its near the end of the season.

Throwing out your best pitcher that much,how was he even able to do that with the injury bug.You would have thought Curt would have missed one game.

edit- Zep turned off injuries :lol nm I would have figured no way Curt would have been able to pitch this last game.

Matrix said:
4 man rotation shit is weak,this isnt the playoffs and most teams dont go on a 4 man rotation unless there are schedule changes/day offs or its near the end of the season.

Throwing out your best pitcher that much,how was he even able to do that with the injury bug.You would have thought Curt would have missed one game.

edit- Zep turned off injuries :lol nm I would have figured no way Curt would have been able to pitch this last game.

That's the Red Sox for ya. See, this is sim baseball.

Matrix

ChrisJames said:

a6oHJ4m4.jpg

^^^:lol

Seriously now, let's keep the injuries on, I guarantee you that Schilling and a bunch of other guys (well, anyone being overplayed) will be injured before playoff time.

Nothing personal AKA, you're just too damn good at sports games and we need to level the playing field :lol jkz

Matrix

It's not even about being good in this case or leveling the playing field,it's about being sim to the sport.

If I threw out Roy O every 5th day instead of Nieve,that would almost mean an automatic win for me and his stats would be even more insane.

I have over 31 ks with him in two starts and he's practically unhittable...ask Konex or Pheeniks.

I'm not even sure why Zep gave it as an option to begin with this early in the season :\

Also we have three teams doing the 4 man rotation thing out of 20 something teams,two of them being the Yanks and Red Sox :lol Bad enough they have loaded teams.

Andokuky

Banned
Kind of pointless to expect perfectly sim baseball when the injuries make it so stupid.

Dez or Wellie, I'll be online if either of you wanna play.

Matrix

Yea injuries has made it stupid and now that Zep has turned them off,4 man rotations should be done with.

Shit,when you get down to it,the game doesnt play that sim *too many hrs*but it doesnt hurt to try to play the league as sim like as possible.

I blame the commish *looks at Zep* and 2k for everything!

:D

Anyone want a scrimmage game against the Gambler Kenny Rogers? I will warn you, I think I have his pitching style mastered now. :D

Matrix

ChrisJames said:
Anyone want a scrimmage game against the Gambler Kenny Rogers? I will warn you, I think I have his pitching style mastered now. :D

Yea give me 5 mins,ill meet you in the custom lobby.

You host.

DMczaf

ChrisJames said:

I'll go. I want some of Kenny Rogers' chicken!

WTF! Screw GAF! I was before you, but it locked up during my reply! :(

:D I'll play you first Matrix. If you wanna play after that DM just post in here and I'll check to see if you're man enough.

-it's fun being fought over:D

Matrix

Too late Dm...too late!

Dez

McCarthy shut me out, 8 innings, 2 hits.. thankfully gagne came in so i could save some face. Damnit, first loss :(

Matrix

:lol

I cant believe that hr by Gary my god :lol :lol My pen does it again.

Kenny can get his K's,but I'm not scared of him!

:lol @ DM... I take it im Zack :(

Damn, what a game. Sheffield is the man! 2 run HR off the foul post in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs. Then Pudge hit a HR in the bottom of the 10th. Good shit. I finally beat Matrix, yay! GG.

DM you wanna play? Also, that's an awesome gif:lol

Matrix

The baseball gods wanted you to win :p Thats the only way you can explain that Sheffield hr :lol Great game man.

bluemax

Banned
Andokuky said:

Well if that's the case then no biggie.

Personally I'm not afraid to roll with my whole 5 man rotation, I find that the games with the non aces on the mound are more interesting.

Also, fix the weather/time if possible!

I just hit another off-the-foul-pole HR :D , this time with Granderson. GG DM

edit: I didn't realize that you didn't mean to throw that pitch. That's shitty, but I still would've won 2-1 even without that long ball...

Matrix

ChrisJames said:
I just hit another off-the-foul-pole HR :D , this time with Granderson. GG DM

:lol :lol

what the hell

DMczaf

Its always fun when you throw a 2-run HR pitch because you are trying to skip the damn cutscenes and you end up throwing a shitty over the middle of the plate fast ball....

At least EA is good for something, no damn annoying cutscenes!

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Its always fun when you throw a 2-run HR pitch because you are trying to skip the damn cutscenes and you end up throwing a shitty over the middle of the plate fast ball....

At least EA is good for something, no damn annoying cutscenes!

"THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!"
Leagueofthereownn.jpg

DMczaf

I cant be the only one to do this! Seriously, I do it like 2-3 times a game. Give me Madden's dry and boring presentation! Replays? Who needs replays! This is FUTBOL!

Andokuky

Banned
Pretty choppy lag again.. which was weird because the previous game was pretty smooth. Couldn't get a good pitch to save my life and gave up 4 first inning runs... then settled down for a few and gave up another because it was too laggy to get under a freakin pop up. One of my two HR's, I hit A to swing and would have missed horribly but the game freezes for a second and somehow it makes me swing late when the game unfreezes and I hit it out of the park. At least it's not as bad as Show was I guess.

Matrix

Heh I get like no lag :\ Show I had some,but if I get any lag in 2k its like just for a second or two.

So far the only real lag Ive had against anyone was Dez in our 2nd game and it only lasted for half an inning.

Edit- I hate joo DM! :(

Andokuky

Banned
Dez is the only guy I have lagged against too. 1st game of our 3 it was kind of choppy for a bit, I got a run to go up 2-1 on a wild pitch that had to be lag influenced, he got a 2 run HR off a pitch that was definitely lag influenced. 2nd game was fine... 3rd one was ok, first inning was not good, then it was ok till maybe the 6th or so then it was just choppy at random times the rest of the way.

Matrix

Is Dez in Canada?

Cause id love to blame that on the lag :D

Matrix said:
Is Dez in Canada?

Cause id love to blame that on the lag :D

Yes, I know I'm just getting ridiculous now with the pics, but I don't care :)

and yes, I'm pretty sure he lives in Canada

-that guy in the background has the same look on his face that DM had after he accidentally threw that pitch to Granderson.

Matrix

bluemax

Banned
DMczaf said:
I cant be the only one to do this! Seriously, I do it like 2-3 times a game. Give me Madden's dry and boring presentation! Replays? Who needs replays! This is FUTBOL!

I've done it too. I learned to let the guy hitting skip the cutscenes. I tend to do it more in single player with all the stupid highlights, especially when some dude comes up who has robbed me of like 3 HR and they take forever to show them all.

Dez

lol, yeah I'm in Waterloo, Ontario.. but when I played Matrix I was in Toronto.. and I think the game ran smoothly, aside from that one pitch to wells :lol I dunno, I guess i'm in a house full of 5 CS nerds who must be downloading a whole lot of schite. I just played another random game and it was perfectly fine though.. maybe because it's 4 am. Also I played a scrimmage with ChrisJames here, and I don't think it was laggy, was it? If the lag keeps up with ppl other than ando, then I'll only play on weekends (when I'm in Toronto) until i move out of waterloo, which is like a month away.

AkaBalla

bluemax said:
Schilling has 3 of the Red Sox wins out of 5 games? Sim baseball at its finest!

Do some investigating before you come to conclusions pal. See who Schilling pitched against and match that with my schedule. Thanks

Zep after our aim convo you said it's ok to use a 4 man rotation, u even have it listed in the rotation page. Papelbon is my closer (He was last year) he is a starter this year but it's not a definite thing since the Sox dont have a closer yet. I'm sure he will be brought back to the pen. Especially if we sign Roger. :)

AkaBalla

There's only 32 games, if there were 162 i would understand a 5 man rotation. I think we should make 4 man rotations mandatory not 5.

I'll be more than willing to reset my game #5 with DM and replay and throw Papelbon, not like it's going to matter anyways (J/K Dm).

So let me know, I do play SIM baseball guys, close to 100% strikes every game, i'm giving you guys a chance to hit, your just not doing enough.

MickeyPhree

bluemax said:
I've done it too. I learned to let the guy hitting skip the cutscenes. I tend to do it more in single player with all the stupid highlights, especially when some dude comes up who has robbed me of like 3 HR and they take forever to show them all.

Good game last night......I came so damn close until Albay came up. I hate him.

jk.

MickeyPhree

FrenchMovieTheme said:
****ATTENTION JOEYBALLGAME!*****

IM me on AIM: whossorrynow015 or post here a time you can play our series!

cubs vs. whitesox, feel the excitement!

Accept my friend request and lets get this going. I'll be around tonight after 9pm and can play late...no work tomorrow.

And be warned....I'm 0-3 and pissed! :lol

DCX

DCX
0-4 here and gunning for the Yanks for season two :p I would like to vote for pinpoint pitching being the standard. I have been using breakpoint ever since i got the game due to the illusion of sometimes making a mistake, just like real life, but no one uses that, so if i make a mistake, 3 run homerun and my opponent rarely ever makes a mistake. I used it for my last game against Shawn, and i lost by one run in the bottom of the ninth while throwing a 3 hitter and having 12 strikeouts.

DCX

Dez said:
Also I played a scrimmage with ChrisJames here, and I don't think it was laggy, was it?

It had a touch of lag during one or two parts, but nothing bad really. Maybe just a few seconds total for the whole game.

bluemax

Banned
AkaBalla said:
Do some investigating before you come to conclusions pal. See who Schilling pitched against and match that with my schedule. Thanks

Zep after our aim convo you said it's ok to use a 4 man rotation, u even have it listed in the rotation page. Papelbon is my closer (He was last year) he is a starter this year but it's not a definite thing since the Sox dont have a closer yet. I'm sure he will be brought back to the pen. Especially if we sign Roger. :)

Sorry, I was unaware of the glitch or whatever. I said above already that if that was the case then I didn't mean any hard feelings. I've seen you in other leagues so I know you're not that kind of player.

Matrix

DCX said:
0-4 here and gunning for the Yanks for season two :p I would like to vote for pinpoint pitching being the standard. I have been using breakpoint ever since i got the game due to the illusion of sometimes making a mistake, just like real life, but no one uses that, so if i make a mistake, 3 run homerun and my opponent rarely ever makes a mistake. I used it for my last game against Shawn, and i lost by one run in the bottom of the ninth while throwing a 3 hitter and having 12 strikeouts.

DCX

Eh I use breakpoint evey game,no way am I using pinpoint.

I could care less if my opponent uses pinpoint,it takes less skill to aim and pitch right where you want the ball than to learn how to pitch where you want the pitch to break in the strikezone.I dont want my side of the game to be dumbed down.

If pinpoint becomes standard in any league ...im out,id be bored to f-ing tears pitching.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Eh I use breakpoint evey game,no way am I using pinpoint.

I could care less if my opponent uses pinpoint,it takes less skill to aim and pitch right where you want the ball than to learn how to pitch where you want the pitch to break in the strikezone.I dont want my side of the game to be dumbed down.

If pinpoint becomes standard in any league ...im out,id be bored to f-ing tears pitching.
Yeah well, it's an advantage to those who do. Hence the reason i have been struggling. I would be all for break point and swing stick, but some people just can't adjust to next gen gaming. It's like those suckers who use button controls in Fight Night in stead of the dual analog punching.

DCX

Top Bottom