• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Party: Come and watch as the lulz ensue... hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skiesofwonder said:
I want to, but I don't have the equipment to do it (laptop, webcam, etc.). I'm hoping someone is generous enough to bring something like that so we can put it in the main area and life stream it for the rest of GAF. :)
I'll represent Apple GAF and bring my MBP for the streaming lulz.

Geneijin

Too bad there isn't a GAF gaming tournament all of GAF could gather together and play. This thread reminds me of an old gaming thread where people boasted how good they were in X game. Would love to see streams of that - Tetris if possible.

There is an iphone app that lets you stream through ustream but the quality could be rough. Something to consider if no one brings the laptop/webcam.

Geneijin said:
Too bad there isn't a GAF gaming tournament all of GAF could gather together and play. This thread reminds me of a gaming thread where people boasted how good they were in X game. Would love to see streams of that.

Man, he's trying to get girls to show up. That's not gonna help anybody.

mollipen

Skiesofwonder said:
Do people really want this?

Why not? If your point for having this party is for it to be a "GAF party", then the people from here who are going should acknowledge who they are. Otherwise, it's just a room of totally random people.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
shidoshi said:
Why not? If your point for having this party is for it to be a "GAF party", then the people from here who are going should acknowledge who they are. Otherwise, it's just a room of totally random people.

Not random people, random gaffers. :p

I'm thinking about having wrist bands for the gaffers. This way you can pin-point which people at the party actually goes to GAF, but it's not so out in the open. I also don't want to force people to have to say what Gaffer they are if they don't want to. So this way if you ask somebody at the party with a wristband who they are on GAF, they have the option of keeping that secret.

Edit: Everyone thank Donkey Show, he is willing to stream this badboy!!!!!! :)

SUPREME1

Banned
Name tags shouldn't be frowned upon. Treat it like the world cup or olympics, where people put aside their politics and have a great time.

If people would hold a grudge over some random post, who gives a sh*t.

Iceman

Skiesofwonder said:

I'm thinking about having wrist bands for the gaffers. This way you can pin-point which people at the party actually goes to GAF, but it's not so out in the open. I also don't want to force people to have to say what Gaffer they are if they don't want to. So this way if you ask somebody at the party with a wristband who they are on GAF, they have the option of keeping that secret.

how about different color wrist bands for the gaming side and OT crowds?
this is just so I have an excuse when I get my butt kicked on any and all video games

I've only read the first page, which is full of laughing and people telling how stupid this is.

I hope that the 9 pages after that are more friendly towards the OP, because I think it's a very neat idea, and the OP is awesome for wanting to organize this.

Alas, I'm on the other side of the world, so I can't come either way. (Although I have to admit I wouldn't show up. Just not my thing. Still very nice idea though).

Skiesofwonder said:

Haha, no worries man! I'm curious as to who else is willing to show up. It's always fun putting a face to a name, especially here on GAF. :D

MiDNiGHTS said:
What if we saw virgin-gaf get laid on webcam. We could cheer them on.

YbQxC.gif

Go virgin! Go virgin!

Since you have a Red Carpet and everything, you should have something similar to the The Academy Award's Pre-Show. Interview some people, compliment what they're wearing, etc.

I would go, but I live in Utah. :(

Noshino

Skiesofwonder said:
Do people really want this? Seems like a good way to start a lot of drama and junk. I agree in someways it would be awesome, but explaining it to some guests would be hard.

Edit: Thanks man for explaining that, I thought I made it clear enough by updating the OP with it. :p

And yes Apple-GAF can come lol.

Or easier, just have a laptop at the entrance, and to come in one has to sign in and show an invitation pm.... :lol

Skiesofwonder

I can't believe I'm about to say this (I just figured everyone would laugh at me for my crazy idea)... so happy....

BUT THE PARTY IS ON!!!!!!!!!

I am quickly receiving more and more PMs through FB, Neogaf, and AIM. I have over 20 people saying they are coming now, and that number should continue to grow. I had to get the 100% OK to have the party here (a few others live here so had to make sure it was OK) and I just did. Also, everything we have talked about is good to go.

I plan on using wrist-bands for Gaffers, one color for gaming, one for Off-Topic (great suggestion). This could change though depending on feedback, I kinda like the laptop idea, and that would ensure the names on the name tag were in fact who they say they are.

In case you don't know, Donkey Show has generously offered to stream the event to you Gaffers not attending the party, and Headsupsevenup has offered to maybe supply Rock Band equipment for the party. :)

I would like to have Rock Band on the Main TV the whole night, great music while playing video games seems to fit a GAF party well. Maybe I'll have another TV with Wii Sports Resort or Street Fighter 4 set up down stairs. :)

Anyways, always open to suggestions, and some details are subject to change. I will have everything ironed out by the tenth. expect to be PM the details then. Can't wait!!!! :)

Skiesofwonder said:
I can't believe I'm about to say this (I just figured everyone would laugh at me for my crazy idea)... so happy....

I am quickly receiving more and more PMs through FB, Neogaf, and AIM. I have over 20 people saying they are coming now, and that number should continue to grow. I had to get the 100% OK to have the party here (a few others live here so had to make sure it was OK) and I just did. Also, everything we have talked about is good to go.

I plan on using wrist-bands for Gaffers, one color for gaming, one for Off-Topic (great suggestion). This could change though depending on feedback, I kinda like the laptop idea, and that would ensure the names on the name tag were in fact who they say they are.

In case you don't know, Donkey Show has generously offered to stream the event to you Gaffers not attending the party, and Headsupsevenup has offered to maybe supply Rock Band equipment for the party. :)

I would like to have Rock Band on the Main TV the whole night, great music while playing video games seems to fit a GAF party well. Maybe I'll have another TV with Wii Sports Resort or Street Fighter 4 set up down stairs. :)

Anyways, always open to suggestions, and some details are subject to change. I will have everything ironed out by the tenth. expect to be PM the details then. Can't wait!!!! :)

Really wish I could come now. ;(

Exilexc

Banned
missbreedsiddx said:
I always thought gaf needs to have a convention type party. Gaf-Con lol. Rent some place in a large city, and throw a massive party.
It would end badly im sure, but would be amusing.

This sounds decent..

A house party ? noo.. just no

Skiesofwonder said:

GorillaShark1.png

Skiesofwonder

It seems people are worried about it being a huge bro-fest.

While this is a valid criticism, I don't think you should worry too much. I will try my very best to get as many girls as possible to this party. And why do I think I can succeed at this? Because I have done it before and promoting a party in the Hollywood Hills kinda sells itself.

And you can bring guests, so bring all the hot chi..... I mean chicks you know. :p

Seriously though, we got the stuff in place to make this party great. It's up to you to show up and maybe bring people/drinks/food/equipment/etc. to make this party OMG FFUUUUUUUU SO AMAZING TRIPLE RAINBOW!!!!!-great.

mollipen

Skiesofwonder said:

The problem with this is that for people who are more casual members here (like me), they might not really consider themselves part of either "side". Maybe have a third "wishy-washy uncommitted" color choice.

Unless, of course, you want to have a bunch of colors, and then get more specific to the various ____GAF groups. I support over-the-top ridiculous ideas like that!

Aww I'm in Norcal, I'll be down in LA the week after :/ I would have probably come, even before it was the cool thing to do (around page 5)

Feep

Banned
vicissitudes said:
Aww I'm in Norcal, I'll be down in LA the week after :/ I would have probably come, even before it was the cool thing to do (around page 5)
I responded yes on Page 1.

Feep
Trendsetter
(Yesterday, 08:15 PM)
Reply | Quote | Edit/Del

P.S. I will bring ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom