• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Party: Come and watch as the lulz ensue... hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

What's the tally Skies? As discussed last night I'll bribing the EX & strippers. And I still like my 'prostitute room' idea--virgin gaf ends that night!

sestrugen

paranoid-age in full force in this thread

I would seriously consider going but I live 3000 miles away, if there was ever a GAF-Con I would for sure plan my year in order to attend. Please provide pics and webcam feeds.

AVclub

If the OP is serious, I admire his efforts. It takes balls to put yourself out there to ridicule for the sake of having a party. It's also very kind of him to invite people into his home that he's never met. This is a gamble, and I hope it pays off for the OP and he has a great party.

GraveRobberX said:
You can come chill me with Revo ^_^, live in Queens, like 10 blocks from Citi Field

I have thought about a small get together for Gaffers, was waiting till I got my 3DTV and invite like 5-10 peeps over a weekend day and just play PS3 + 360
Well, I'm not in NYC at the moment (in Florida for the summer), but if your plan takes off or you guys have a meetup of some kind in NYC (like the GAF bar meetup we were supposed to have 2 years ago), I'll definitely come.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Ok, update:

I have received 6 PMs from different peeps who want to come.

As for guests, alcohol, bringing stuff etc. I'll answer that below:

- You can bring guests, just let me know HOW MANY.

- You can bring items like video game systems, laptops, web cams, food, alcohol, etc. Just try and let me know if you will be bringing stuff.

- You can smoke outside or on the balcony (which is pretty big so), anywhere else I'm not really cool with.

- 420, alcohol, and cigs would be ok. Any other Illegal drug will get you thrown out. Two large badass guys will grab you by the arms and take you away. If you resist..... well, I strongly suggest you don't resist. I understand why you want it, but come on peeps... this is where I live.

- I'm up for streaming the party (someone would have to bring equipment and junk to do it though) if the peeps at the party are cool with it.

That is all IF this party happens. To throw this thing, I would need at least 30 people confirmed to come, 50 would make it a done deal. Because honestly out of 50 confirmed we all know around 30 of those will show up.

Right now with guests I think around ten or twelve people would be coming. Let's keep it going, PM me please if you are interested in coming.

Any other Illegal drug will get you thrown out. Two large badass guys will grab you by the arms and take you away. If you resist..... well, I strongly suggest you don't resist. I understand why you want it, but come on peeps... this is where I live.

Do you know who I am?

Ephemeris said:
There were some talks for a while but nothing panned out.

Fuck it, start it up again.

NYC-Gaf/East Coast GAF near NYC can meet up and go out drinking at The Gaf bar or something, or throw a party somewhere. We could join a Game Over Channel event in the city too. Make a thread!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
hitsugi said:
Matt Damon....?
No, Matt Damon's girlfriend :lol

Yeah, stream it! The red carpet photos should be funny.

Guevara

captmcblack said:

NYC-Gaf/East Coast GAF near NYC can meet up and go out drinking at The Gaf bar or something, or throw a party somewhere. We could join a Game Over Channel event in the city too. Make a thread!

3798498108_152e2724eb.jpg

There's even a GAF East (UES) and a GAF West (Hells Kitchen) just like real life!

If there's interest, I'll start a new thread and stop derailing this one.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
If this party is streamed, I have a feeling this thread could potentionally be one of the greatest threads in the history of GAF. :lol

Everyone has to wear nametags and a picture of their avatar on their shirt.

AVclub

captmcblack said:

I've gone to a couple of their events. Good people and the bar they happen at is usually pretty great too!

olore

AVclub said:
If the OP is serious, I admire his efforts. It takes balls to put yourself out there to ridicule for the sake of having a party. It's also very kind of him to invite people into his home that he's never met. This is a gamble, and I hope it pays off for the OP and he has a great party.

+1 yes and as someone said above, paranoid-age is indeed in full force in this thread. orson_clap.gif to the Op for actualy doing something.

Wish somebody arranged a GAF-barathon here in Sweden

BobDylan

Skiesofwonder said:
BTW, if this happens..... there will be girls. :)

IM SO TOTALLY FUCKING GOING NOW!!!!!!!!!!! AWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GURLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so gaf there is this one girl at this party im at who I asked if she wanted coffee but she said no she already had some. I should just give up now shouldnt I???

AVclub said:
I've gone to a couple of their events. Good people and the bar they happen at is usually pretty great too!

I'm friends with a few of the people that attend/throw those events; they are pretty cool parties. Some of the attendees throw Rock Band nights at another bar in the city too.

C'mon, NYC-GAF. Let's do this shit!

Skiesofwonder

dekjo said:
At the party? Will it be on the live stream?

This is the problem with Live Streaming, idiots (no offense) will do shit like this thinking it is funny SMH

BTW, anyone willing to bring the equipment so we can have a live stream of this party? I'm getting a brand new camera so I would be able to film it and upload videos to youtube the next day. I got a flip to so we could get twice the footage (but one would be of much less quality). :)

soyboy

captmcblack said:
I'm friends with a few of the people that attend/throw those events; they are pretty cool parties. Some of the attendees throw Rock Band nights at another bar in the city too.

C'mon, NYC-GAF. Let's do this shit!

NYC-GAF reporting?

When is this party going down?

BobDylan said:
so gaf there is this one girl at this party im at who I asked if she wanted coffee but she said no she already had some. I should just give up now shouldnt I???
Perfect execution, well done.

Skiesofwonder

kai3345 said:
Wait, I thought this party was supposed to be gaffers only? How will there be girls there?

People want to bring guests so I am allowing that. Also, I will try my best to invite as many girls as possible.

Unless you guys are against guests/non-gaffers at this party? Let me know.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Skiesofwonder said:
People want to bring guests so I am allowing that. Also, I will try my best to invite as many girls as possible.

Unless you guys are against guests/non-gaffers at this party? Let me know.

I think non-guests could ruin the vibe. Think about how many inside jokes will be flying around. Now add in disapproving looks from other people. Not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom