• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Party: Come and watch as the lulz ensue... hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

You know....I won't be too surprised if I see the following headline:

Over 20 Bodies Found in a Basement in the Hollywood Hills

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
MiDNiGHTS said:
Isn't this also the guy who made a thread talking about how he ate a half of a burger after a dog had eaten the first half?

I also made that awesome Pre-E3 Legend of Zelda Wii thread. Yet..... no one wants to talk about that. :(

If this was at all close to me I would probably come by.

btw, what do your roommates think of the red carpet thing that you have set up? That can't seem to make a whole lot of sense for a standard party.

Skiesofwonder

Siebzehn50 said:

btw, what do your roommates think of the red carpet thing that you have set up? That can't seem to make a whole lot of sense for a standard party.

We don't have standard parties, all have some connection with the film industry.

Also, people just love the media wall and red carpet.

Siebzehn50 said:

It's hollywood man the people there probably have red carpets in every room.

Foxix Von

Oh that's awesome :lol

Unfortunately I'm broke and not located in cali :(

*crosses fingers for an eventual Washington GAF party*

Skiesofwonder

Mifune said:
Fuck it, I'm in.

You might want to post this on the gaming side, too. If our benevolent dictators allow it.

I PM'd Amir0x (since he is the only mod to so far acknowledge this party), hopefully he will get back to me soon.

jaxword said:
...And then posted her pic for gaf to stalk her?

Not really, the pic was full body at the beach with sunglasses and robe-like outfit. No way you could really recognize who she was.

fanboi

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:
I PM'd Amir0x (since he is the only mod to so far acknowledge this party), hopefully he will get back to me soon.

Not really, the pic was full body at the beach with sunglasses and robe-like outfit. No way you could really recognize who she was.

So she put on here robe and wizard hat i presume... ?

Clydefrog

-PXG- said:
You know....I won't be too surprised if I see the following headline:

Over 20 Bodies Found in a Basement in the Hollywood Hills

21 bodies, cause I just RSVP'ed.

Nice knowing you all!

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Glad to see people stopped shitting on this and are now into it!

Hope the party turns out excellent man! You took a huge risk and some immature dicks decided to be assholes but for the most part it looks like its turning out good for you, congrats!

NoRéN

Skiesofwonder said:
We don't have standard parties, all have some connection with the film industry.
WTF! That would be freaky if I've met you. The people I hang out with live by city walk, have parties all the time and work in stuff film industry related.

Skiesofwonder said:
I also made that awesome Pre-E3 Legend of Zelda Wii thread. Yet..... no one wants to talk about that. :(
Woah, a fellow Zelda fan! I feel like they're getting few and far between these days. :( I'd go if you hook up Four Swords Adventures! And if I lived anywhere near the West Coast...

Skiesofwonder

Headsupsevenup just blew my mind. Not only will we be streaming to you guys, but now we will for sure have Rock Band 2, Green Day, and/or The Beatles (all Wii) hooked up to the main TV. And not only is he bringing the equipment and games, but also an extra Wii and 4 controllers. :D

Give this man a hand!!!

This should set up nicely to have Street Fighter 4 set up on another TV either down stairs or in a separate room.

I will also be doing interviews through-out the party and I will upload them to Youtube for you guys to see the next day. Not to mention.... pictures of gaffers in front of the media wall and mingling within the party (if you don't want to be interviewed or have pictures taken, just let me know).

noReN said:
WTF! That would be freaky if I've met you. The people I hang out with live by city walk, have parties all the time and work in stuff film industry related.

haha that would be strange! Guess we will find out for sure on the 14th. :)

Feep

Banned
If this ends up being awesome, we can have like monthly GAF parties. Not-LA-GAF will scramble to catch the trend and set up their own local parties.

It all paves the way to GAFCon.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Feep said:
If this ends up being awesome, we can have like monthly GAF parties. Not-LA-GAF will scramble to catch the trend and set up their own local parties.

Sadly this could be true :lol

While everyone mocked him if this party is a success I can see GAF becoming a much deeper community with local meetups and etc.

Skiesofwonder

salva said:
So skies, how many confirmed gaffers so far?

And just wondering, how many lurkers (if any) are going?

23 have contacted me and said they are coming. 19 are gaffers, 3 are former (or out of commission) gaffers, and 1 is a lurker (I think).

That is not including guests. Guests should push the total close to 35 peeps as of now. Hopefully I can get a lot of other people (mostly girls) to come as well. :D

Why would you do that? said:
Woah, a fellow Zelda fan! I feel like they're getting few and far between these days. :( I'd go if you hook up Four Swords Adventures! And if I lived anywhere near the West Coast...

Yep, Zelda is probably my favorite series! If I had the equipment here, Four Sword would totally be going up on the big screen lol. Yeah, wish you could come. :(

Skiesofwonder said:
23 have contacted me and said they are coming. 19 are gaffers, 3 are former (or out of commission) gaffers, and 1 is a lurker (I think).

That is not including guests. Guests should push the total close to 35 peeps as of now. Hopefully I can get a lot of other people (mostly girls) to come as well. :D

Yep, Zelda is probably my favorite series! If I had the equipment here, Four Sword would totally be going up on the big screen lol. Yeah, wish you could come. :(
I'm AIMing you (salvamag145) so respond!

partycat.gif

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
any scottish gaf wanna have a party

Rule one of scottish gaf party , No sober people (they kill parties)

Alucrid

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:
Go ahead, judge me from my past. BTW, I actually had 591 real life friends, but no gaming ones. :p

And no, I have the OK to host this party. I filled everyone in (landlord and owner) and they are ok with it. I have put together other parties for people here so they really owe me one anyways. THIS IS THE REAL DEAL.

I can't imagine that was hard. "Yeah, can I have a bunch of nerds over to play video games?" :D

Seanbob11

Kentpaul said:
any scottish gaf wanna have a party

Rule one of scottish gaf party , No sober people (they kill parties)

Streaming a Scottish Gaf Party would be like watching a bunch of drunk babies trying to communicate...But I'd still do it!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Seanbob11 said:
Streaming a Scottish Gaf Party would be like watching a bunch of drunk babies trying to communicate...But I'd still do it!

we can handle our drink son. watching an american / english person trying to keep up with us would be pathetic almost embarrassing to watch.

Gimmie and irish person to drink with!

andycapps

Skiesofwonder said:

Is one of them fistful?

NYC-GAF, let's organize something. We won't have streaming footage (unless we're @ someone's house/apt), but we could plausibly get more drunk than the other party. :lol

GDGF

Soothsayer
Feep said:

GAFCon would be so awesome.

It's going to happen eventually!

-PXG-

I know I'm not the first, but I've had quite a few ideas for "GAFCon". This is how I'd imagine it:

- Big convention for all NeoGAF members (duh)
- Invite game developers/ publishers to show their up and coming games (conferences/ seminars/ interviews/ floor demos) (think PAX East/ West)
- LAN parties/ tournaments
- Real parties (music, booze and bitches)
- Movie screenings
- Booths for GAF members to show off artwork/ share hobbies/ talents and/ or sell and auction merchandise

I would love to see GAFCon happen. It would have to be held in a public venue. Of course, it would require a lot of money, planning and people who could actually get game companies to want to demo their games. Would be pretty sick.

Anyway, GAF Party: NYC Edition needs to happen.

-PXG-

Zozz said:
I'm down if anyone wants to start figuring out any potential ideas to get a Gaf con going.

It would have to be something big and awesome. No corny, half assed, rinky dink bullshit.

Mr. Hyde

TheAzRim said:
I'm in Florida. If I was any closer I would deff stop by, not scared of you fuckers.
Florida GAF needs to make a party.

I'm in Florida, too. I agree that we must throw one in Florida. I'm sure it would be highly amusing. I'll supply the music and/or film for the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom