• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Party: Come and watch as the lulz ensue... hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zozz

Banned
-PXG- said:
It would have to be something big and awesome. No corny, half assed, rinky dink bullshit.
It would take a lot of planning and the work to get first one going might take 6+ months.

wmat said:
I'd love to come, but
nnrtyo.png
Yeah, exact same place, so same problem. :(

AVclub

I've never been to L.A. but would love to be at this party. Since I'm not going though, I'd like everyone to consider the potential movie rights of the story;
(read in "Announcer Voice")
"They were all friends on the internet, but never met in person"
"Until one day, they were invited to a party"
"Little did they know, it would be a night that would change some of their lives...and end others."

(cue violence and screaming montage)

This is the true life story of the NeoGAF Massacre and its one survivor:

BELIEVE!
(Written by Gary Whitta)

Polk

AVclub said:
I've never been to L.A. but would love to be at this party. Since I'm not going though, I'd like everyone to consider the potential movie rights of the story;
(read in "Announcer Voice")
"They were all friends on the internet, but never met in person"
"Until one day, they were invited to a party"
"Little did they know, it would be a night that would change some of their lives...and end others."

(cue violence and screaming montage)

This is the true life story of the NeoGAF Massacre and its one survivor:

BELIEVE!
(Written by Gary Whitta)
Come on. Everyone knows that every trailer should start with
In a world...

JCX

I hope a gaf baby comes out of this. It will belong to the collective, and be named Nolan Bale-Jobs, regardless of gender.

At first I thought he would have trouble getting enough people but hearing how it's at 25ish people already he might have to start turning people down eventually.

soultron

Banned
Polk said:
Come on. Everyone knows that every trailer should start with
In a world...
<quick cut to DOCUMENTARY INTERVIEW FOOTAGE>
Internet Psychology EXPERT: "...One of the greatest features of the internet has always been the anonymity it affords its users..."

<static>

<cut to black, begin narration>
NARRATOR: "In a world where one can hide behind a computer screen their entire life..."

<cut to shot panning across NeoGAF OT forum>
NARRATOR: "One day, for a community of thousands, a select few took a brave step forward..."

<cut to NeoGAF Party! thread, vertical pan down thread contents>
NARRATOR: "And that's when..."

Internet Psychology EXPERT: "...However, once that veil is lifted, and the subject attempts to retain their learned behaviours, their social interactions tend towards the abbrasive, and even violent..."

<cut to black, begin sounds of commotion, screams>
NARRATOR: "...Things got real."
Panicked PARTY GOERS: "WHAT DO WE DO?"
"FEED HIM PIZZA!"
"WE NEED TO BAIL OUT OF HERE!"
"OH MY GOD!"
"THEY GOT COSTANZA!"

<cut to computer screen, with NeoGAF OT forum open. Hand reaches up and smears blood on down screen.>
NARRATOR: "There's no logging out of real life -- until you die."

<titlecard: BALL D'GAFFEURS.>
NARRATOR: Who will live to make a thread about it? Find out this summer.

soultron said:
Internet Psychology EXPERT: "...One of the greatest features of the internet has always been the anonymity it affords its users..."

<static>

NARRATOR: "In a world where one can hide behind a computer screen their entire life..."

NARRATOR: "One day, for a community of thousands, a select few took a brave step forward..."

Internet Psychology EXPERT: "...However, once that veil is lifted, and the subject attempts to retain their learned behaviours, their social interactions tend towards the abbrasive, and even violent..."

"FEED HIM PIZZA!"
"OH MY GOD!"
"THEY GOT COSTANZA!"

<cut to computer screen, with NeoGAF OT forum open. Hand reaches up and smears blood on down screen.>

Remember that TV ad EviLore spoke of doing? It should've been this.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
soultron said:

<static>

"FEED HIM PIZZA!"
"OH MY GOD!"
"THEY GOT COSTANZA!"

:lol :lol :lol

LMAO, this is too good for someone NOT to do.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
You guys will have a blast. Keep a chill atmosphere and good music on deck.
Edit:
East Coast Gaf step da fuck up please. Someone get on it asap. :D

soultron said:

<static>

"FEED HIM PIZZA!"
"OH MY GOD!"
"THEY GOT COSTANZA!"

:lol Yes!

Skiesofwonder

I have received two more PMs from gaffers saying they are coming, so that raises the total to 25 gaffers (including lurkers and former gaffers). And if everyone shows up and brings the guests they say they will, that will bring the total to over 40 people at the party.

Of course that is not including outside people I would like to bring in (mostly girls) and we still have 15 days until the party... I gotta say, looking pretty good. :D

P.S. Still waiting for a final word on whether or not I can get a thread on the gaming side to make sure every Gaffer is aware of the party.

Edit: Updated OP, and received another PM from a gaffer, making 26. This party will be awesome. :D

Skiesofwonder

HeadsUpSevenUp said:
How many would be too many to fit?

With downstairs, upstairs, balcony, and lower deck.... this house could potentially hold 200 people. We have had parties with 150 people here and while it was crowded... still plenty of room for more. :D

though I wish that we would have to worry about that. :lol

this guy

soultron said:

<static>

"FEED HIM PIZZA!"
"OH MY GOD!"
"THEY GOT COSTANZA!"

:lol :lol :lol This is amazing, and I want to see it made in to a trailer!

Feep

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:
I have received two more PMs from gaffers saying they are coming, so that raises the total to 25 gaffers (including lurkers and former gaffers). And if everyone shows up and brings the guests they say they will, that will bring the total to over 40 people at the party.

Of course that is not including outside people I would like to bring in (mostly girls) and we still have 15 days until the party... I gotta say, looking pretty good. :D

P.S. Still waiting for a final word on whether or not I can get a thread on the gaming side to make sure every Gaffer is aware of the party.

Edit: Updated OP, and received another PM from a gaffer, making 26. This party will be awesome. :D
I'm not sure why you need permission. The party can very easily be considered a party for gamers.

But if you're paranoid = D

faridmon

I like the idea and would love to be there, but I live in UK.
I amvery intrested how will it be?

Hopefully Indie-Gaf don't talk about crappy bands that no one heard about...

Skiesofwonder

Feep said:
I'm not sure why you need permission. The party can very easily be considered a party for gamers.

But if you're paranoid = D

Amir0x acted like it wasn't such a hot idea and I'm still waiting for a response from Evilore, so......

Yes, I am very paranoid when it comes to my GAF account :p

Skiesofwonder

If you're still on the fence, will it help you make up your mind if I said I will be giving away three brand new (still in shrink-wrap) XBOX 360 video games for free at the party? Because I will. :D

S1lent

Skiesofwonder said:
If you're still on the fence, will it help you make up your mind if I said I will be giving away three brand new (still in shrink-wrap) XBOX 360 video games for free at the party? Because I will. :D

Nice. You should have fighting game tourney or something.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
S1lent said:
Nice. You should have fighting game tourney or something.
It's in Cali right? SSF4 tourney would be hilarious and awesome once everyone is somewhat shitfaced/blazed. Damn, I wish I could come. :(

soultron said:

<static>

"FEED HIM PIZZA!"
"OH MY GOD!"
"THEY GOT COSTANZA!"

The panicked party-goers part should have FHUTA thrown in there somewhere. :lol

Skiesofwonder said:

Holy shit OP really is a serial killer!

man i wish there was a way to filter out the 300+ joke posts to see the serious responses (although without them, this thread would only have 40 posts :lol )

btw i couldn't find it, but rockband will be in right? i believe even the drunk, shy guys (if any arrive) could give great mike performances - well, it worked for me anyway lol

hydragonwarrior said:
man i wish there was a way to filter out the 300+ joke posts to see the serious responses (although without them, this thread would only have 40 posts :lol )

btw i couldn't find it, but rockband will be in right? i believe even the drunk, shy guys (if any arrive) could give great mike performances - well, it worked for me anyway lol
Yeah, one of us is bringing their Rock Band 2 set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom