• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Party: Come and watch as the lulz ensue... hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Whitta said:
Wait, the Rock Band set-up is on Wii? Pass.

EuHk8.jpg

mollipen

Feep said:
THERE ARE TWO FUCKING PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT COOL WITH IT.

Actually, if the stream is in a position where it's focused on the main area of the party and people don't have a choice to be on camera or not, I'll probably not go. If I want to head over to the computer with the cam and talk to the people watching, that's my choice and it's one I might make. If I have no choice in the matter, then it might be better just to not go. Same with photos, as well.

Meeting people in person at a specific event and having your image broadcast on the internet for anybody to see are totally different things.

Feep

Banned
shidoshi said:
Actually, if the stream is in a position where it's focused on the main area of the party and people don't have a choice to be on camera or not, I'll probably not go. If I want to head over to the computer with the cam and talk to the people watching, that's my choice and it's one I might make. If I have no choice in the matter, then it might be better just to not go. Same with photos, as well.

Meeting people in person at a specific event and having your image broadcast on the internet for anybody to see are totally different things.
Well at the TIME there were two people not cool with it.

And sorry, I draw the line at pictures. There will be pictures taken at this event. (I am taking pictures.) End of story.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
shidoshi said:

No worries. All rooms can be accessed without actually stepping into the main room, therefore you can go the whole party without being on the live-stream. And if you don't want pictures taken of you just let me know. While I can't stop other party-goers from taking pictures/videos of you, I will make sure you are not in any video or photos of mine that are uploaded to the web. :)

mollipen

Skiesofwonder said:
No worries. All rooms can be accessed without actually stepping into the main room, therefore you can go the whole party without being on the live-stream. And if you don't want pictures taken of you just let me know. While I can't stop other party-goers from taking pictures/videos of you, I will make sure you are not in any video or photos of mine that are uploaded to the web. :)

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong: people are going to take pics at a party, and people who aren't the focus of the photos may be caught in the background. I'm talking more along the lines of posting images on GAF with "hey this is [username]!" and things like that. Which, I mean, I would expect to be by choice of the person having their photos taken anyhow.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Pinko Marx said:
Honestly, I don't think 4chan cares that much about GAF.
They are like Bloody Marry, say they won't do something a number of times, and they will do it if you truly don't want them to.

Is it set in stone for the 14th? If so, bummer because I'll be in San Diego watching the Bears rape the chargers. I hope it's a success and you have more. I'll definitely be interested.

Kintaco

Nice to see this is coming together, I wouldn't have mind going, convincing my wife would be another story, but I have a drive-in night planned with friends that Saturday. :( I don't think I'll be missed though, can't wait to see the pics and vids.

whitehawk

Banned
Kintaco said:
Nice to see this is coming together, I wouldn't have mind going, convincing my wife would be another story, but I have a drive-in night planned with friends that Saturday. :( I don't think I'll be missed though, can't wait to see the pics and vids.
Why do you need her permission, I don't understand...

grumble

I can't believe that this party will be streamed. That seems like a terrible idea. I'm not going so it's anon-issue for me, but still...

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
How come whenever I punch my wife in the mouth for trying to hang out with her friends people say I'm a stud, but if it goes the other way the guy is whipped?
Sad to say its 2010 and we still live in a sexist society.

EDIT: AFK, BRB... wife talking back about dinner

Skiesofwonder

I will be sending out exact party/location details PMs to peeps who have RSVP'd later tonight or tomorrow morning.

If you want to come but don't receive a PM by tomorrow please let me know by PMing me here, IMing me on AOL, or contacting me through facebook.

You have until the 13th to reserve your spot. :D

grumble

Staccat0 said:
How come whenever I punch my wife in the mouth for trying to hang out with her friends people say I'm a stud, but if it goes the other way the guy is whipped?
Sad to say its 2010 and we still live in a sexist society.

EDIT: AFK, BRB... wife talking back about dinner

I don't think that most people will call you a stud for hitting your wife.

The social expectation is just that men should be strong, decisive and autonomous creatures, with some implication of having a dominant or at least equal role in a relationship. When the opposite is true, and the man caters to the whims of the woman in a way that can be seen as degrading or emasculating, he becomes 'whipped'.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Skiesofwonder said:
I will be sending out exact party/location details PMs to peeps who have RSVP'd later tonight or tomorrow morning.

If you want to come but don't receive a PM by tomorrow please let me know by PMing me here, IMing me on AOL, or contacting me through facebook.

You have until the 13th to reserve your spot. :D

Congratulations on the impending success on your party man :) You took a LOT of shit when you first concocted the idea but I'm glad its working out so well for you! :D

AVclub said:
Seconded!

BTW: Live-streaming is a bad idea for a party. It will make everyone uptight and unwilling to be themselves. The guests don't need the pressure of possibly thousands of spectators watching and critiquing them in realtime online. I think it would be cool if people busted out Flip video here and there during the night if something interesting goes down. But having a constant live stream is a sure way to kill the party.

I kind of agree to not live streaming it - just post pics or some video of it after. I mean, Gaf can criticize even the smallest of things - see Konami 2010 E3 conference.

...OK i'm pretty sure nothing can get worse than that but I think just a normal taping (watch it later with everyone else for lols) and some pics will do.

Edit: My bad Skies, I didn't read your update on the page before :lol Sounds like a good setup.

Also, flip cup is a fun, fast game for the anti-beer-pong ppls out there.

Skiesofwonder

lsslave said:
Congratulations on the impending success on your party man :) You took a LOT of shit when you first concocted the idea but I'm glad its working out so well for you! :D

Thanks!! Next year you're coming, don't let me down. :p

UPDATE: Just sent out PMs, if you didn't receive one PLEASE let me know. We are looking at around 100 people (40 gaffers) at the party. Should be fun!!!!

Edit: Like I said only the main room will be live-streamed so plenty of places to hang without being on camera.

EzLink

Banned
But I have freed up my saturday night so I could stay at home and watch the live stream! Don't deny me the feeling of pretending that I'm actually at a big party :(

EzLink said:
But I have freed up my saturday night so I could stay at home and watch the live stream! Don't deny me the feeling of pretending that I'm actually at a big party :(
:lol Maybe you should come to the real party instead!

EzLink

Banned
salva said:
:lol Maybe you should come to the real party instead!

Hey good idea, it's only 30 hours away by car! I'll see you all saturday!

Fuck humanity and their lack of teleportation devices :/

Feep

Banned
hydragonwarrior said:
I kind of agree to not live streaming it - just post pics or some video of it after. I mean, Gaf can criticize even the smallest of things - see Konami 2010 E3 conference.
That's your example of "the smallest of things"? Are you kidding me? :lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom