• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Party: Come and watch as the lulz ensue... hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

soultron

Banned
S1lent said:
I love how you add "a few minutes" in there like "Yeah, I'm not too cool to check it out, but I am too cool to stick around for any length of time." :lol

I'm just messing :p
Son, if I could go, I would. I live in Canada.

Skiesofwonder said:
Under Pressure.

Edit: ImperialConquest brings up a good point. So, I will be sending out reminder PMs sometime tomorrow or Saturday morning. Hope you oeeps aren't getting annoyed by all my PMs lately :p
Nah man, it's all good. Gotta prep for the epicness. :lol

But yeah, livestream should be good to go when I get there. :D

donkey show said:
Nah man, it's all good. Gotta prep for the epicness. :lol

But yeah, livestream should be good to go when I get there. :D

When will we know the name of the justin.tv channel so we can lurk in the chat there before it goes live?

Diablos

ToxicAdam said:
StMarySt37-1_061202.jpg
:lol

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Ok, I am having problems finding some RCA compatible speakers for our DJ. My friend was going to let me borrow some but he bailed out on me this morning. I am still looking, so is anyone who is actually coming to the party willing to bring some? I would greatly appreciate it if so. :D

Skiesofwonder said:
Ok, I am having problems finding some RCA compatible speakers for our DJ. My friend was going to let me borrow some but he bailed out on me this morning. I am still looking, so is anyone who is actually coming to the party willing to bring some? I would greatly appreciate it if so. :D

What kind of DJ doesn't have his own speakers?

Get ready GAF bro's. I'm so looking forward to this that if this turns out to be like a timeshare seminar I'm gonna cwwyyy..

-Skies- how big speakers are you looking for?

Also, you know what this would be a good chance for? People to bring their DS and leave Dragon Quest IX on. We dont even have to show each other! I just....those tag maps wont collect themselves....

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Oh and this girl needs a ride to the party

7528_277640795092_887305092_8833353_5366611_n.jpg

Anyone willing to pick her up on the way over?

Edit: @David the bigger the better but any size speakers will due :)

Im impressed. And if I werent in Michigan I'd go. Please someone stream it. I want to occasionally tune in to see the three possibilities: awkwardness, awesomeness, or a murder.

Iceman

Skiesofwonder said:

no problem. well (i can't believe I'm saying this) depends on where she lives. I'll be arriving from the north (I-5), after visiting my brother in Bakersfield, but I might also head over to Pasadena (home) to change if necessary. (oh, and obligatory notsureifserious.gif)

Any barbequeing going on/planned?

Clydefrog said:
Anyone else showing up by themselves or is everyone bringing a friend/wingman?

I still have some girls I need to ask, but I do have a couple of wingman backups just in case.

Phthisis

davidpdong said:
-Skies- how big speakers are you looking for?

I can answer that: ideally, if someone could bring a small Mackie (no bigger than 12") I would be in heaven.

That would be best case.

Otherwise, if someone could bring something comparable (your basic small PA/stage speaker), I would be mighty obliged. I'll throw a free tshirt from our company in it for you.

I'm on the market for new speakers at the moment, which is why I don't have any to bring.

Dude Abides

Banned
Are you guys going to introduce yourselves by your name or your GAF username? I think everyone should be required to wear a nametag with their username.

Iceman

Dude Abides said:
Are you guys going to introduce yourselves by your name or your GAF username? I think everyone should be required to wear a nametag with their username.

there's going to be arm bands for the GAFers (right skies?)

but I think it'd be kind of awkward interacting with the 60 or so non-GAFers and trying to explain why they should not call me Iceman.

Iceman said:
there's going to be arm bands for the GAFers (right skies?)

but I think it'd be kind of awkward interacting with the 60 or so non-GAFers and trying to explain why they should not call me Iceman.

The top gun jokes...I will bring them.

Iceman

oneHeero said:
I wish I could have gone. Followed this thread since day one, hate being broke :(

what's the issue? I'm sure one of us can give you a ride and help out with drinks/snacks. (Haha, oops, just figured out you're probably in Texas)

I'd volunteer. I think there'd be room in the back with barbie.

I'm 33 (about to turn 34).
V

Sobriquet

Hmmm. I'm considering coming. Is anyone else going that is close to my age (36)?

What kind of equipment is the DJ bringing? I would spin some tunes if it's a standard setup.

Sobriquet said:
Hmmm. I'm considering coming. Is anyone else going that is close to my age (36)?

What kind of equipment is the DJ bringing? I would spin some tunes if it's a standard setup.

36 is not too old. Tell skies you are going before it's too late man.

Mifune

Mehmber
Sobriquet said:

I'm 33, so no worries.

Trying to convince my girlfriend to come but most likely I'll be flying solo.

Feep

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:

7528_277640795092_887305092_8833353_5366611_n.jpg

Edit: @David the bigger the better but any size speakers will due :)
For some reason, I don't think Skies is lying.

I'll do it, if no one has offered. :lol :lol :lol

I should have around five guests coming, four female, one male. I expect at least one will flake, though, they always do.

donkey show said:
Alrighty, the justin.tv stream has been created! You guys want an access code so only gaf can see it?

Hit me up with that info man. I don't really care about the access code I guess it depends how public people want the stream to be.

MiDNiGHTS said:
Hit me up with that info man. I don't really care about the access code I guess it depends how public people want the stream to be.
Yeah, I figured I'd at least give you the access code for dispersal depending on how everyone else wants to do it. Gimme a sec.

Alucrid

Banned
Wiggum2007 said:
Yeah someone hit me up with the justin.tv access code once it starts getting passed around, I can't miss this. :lol

If it's tonight toss me one too. My friend bailed on me for his girl (can't say I blame him) so I might check it out while I finish SMT: Nocturne. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom