• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Party: Come and watch as the lulz ensue... hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
hateradio said:
When are you going to get off the booze and start doing something with your life! *insert melodrama*

:lol

YOU DON'T KNOW ME! HOW DARE YOU JUDGE ME!

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Skiesofwonder said:
It's right next to City Walk (Universal Theme Park).
*Google City Walk*

*Directions*

1 hour 20 min's in traffic .O.

thetrin said:
:lol

YOU DON'T KNOW ME! HOW DARE YOU JUDGE ME!
GET YOURSELF CHECKED! LOOK WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO YOUR MOTHER!

AcridMeat

Banned
geeko420 said:
He said Hollywood Hills.

San Francisco/San Jose Gaf-Con or bust!!

I like this idea, though I would probably be too anxious to go.

Good luck OP, generous proposition, I hope it works out for everyone.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
hateradio said:
GET YOURSELF CHECKED! LOOK WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO YOUR MOTHER!

I'LL TELL YOU WHEN I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

Instro

Sounds interesting, ill think about it
Ill wait to see how this thread turns out

A GAF-con would be awesome btw.

thetrin

See, the problem with bringing your own liquor (rather than going to a party with liquor) is that you run the dangerous chance of being the only hammered guy at the party.

No one wants to be that guy. Drunks love company.

I'd go if I was on the West Coast.

But, alas... I'm in NYC and NYC GAFers never want to meet up outside of lines for consoles or game releases. Sigh.

Gomu Gomu

Kudos to the OP for trying. I've been to a number of a very similiar gaming forum party. It was lots of fun. putting actual faces to internet personalities you knew for years was super fun. Also, playing local multiplayer matches with them was great. We did a number of turnamints for different popular games. And, again, it was fun.

Kentpaul said:
A party with no booze/drugs lmfao, is this a party for 10 year olds :lol
Man you're so cool.

thetrin

Salazar said:
Nobody came to your parties as a child, huh.

Seriously....would you got to a party with NO alcohol?

Salazar

thetrin said:
Seriously....would you got to a party with NO alcohol?

I've been to a heap of them. Yes, I probably would.

Not that there's a uniform category of experiences called 'a party' that is predictably altered by the adding or subtracting of alcohol.

thetrin

Salazar said:
I've been to a heap of them. Yes, I probably would.

Not that there's a uniform category of experiences called 'a party' that is predictably altered by the adding or subtracting of alcohol.

I haven't been to a party without alcohol since I was in the 10th grade, but okay.

Billen

Banned
GafCon would be great. This gathering of Gaf Juggalos can work aswell.

Be sure to put up webcams, it's a bit too far from Sweden for me to make it in time. :D

Dresden

What an odd thread. I can understand wanting to meet up with other posters at a convention or something, but willingly inviting strangers into your home? Still, hope you people have fun.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Revolutionary said:
I'd go if I was on the West Coast.

But, alas... I'm in NYC and NYC GAFers never want to meet up outside of lines for consoles or game releases. Sigh.

You can come chill me with Revo ^_^, live in Queens, like 10 blocks from Citi Field

I have thought about a small get together for Gaffers, was waiting till I got my 3DTV and invite like 5-10 peeps over a weekend day and just play PS3 + 360

I would like to come, very social person, but wrong place =/

BobDylan

Also I'm curious if you are out of line at the party do you get banned? Like if someone were to tell you a story and when they finish you say "cool story bro"

S. L.

BobDylan said:
Also I'm curious if you are out of line at the party do you get banned? Like if someone were to tell you a story and when they finish you say "cool story bro"
better bring a gun

NoRéN

OP, two questions:
You anywhere near lankershim?

When you made this thread, what kind of posters did you hope to attract? Any and all or the GAF celebs and veterans?

Falt

Shoogoo said:
I like the idea. I don't see why everyone is being so paranoid.

This.

Get on board, Gaf!
Ireland here, no chance of going but man would I love to watch a live stream. Webcam is a must!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
salva said:
The truth about Rewrite
Lmao. What the fuck was that guy's name anyway? I forgot. That thread was so hilarious.

Only three PMs so far eh? It's a start. I can go since it's not that far away and I know the area where you're hosting it, but still. I'm reluctant to go. And no, I am not one of those three people that PM'd him! :lol

I'd go to a GAFcon, no matter how potentially creepy it was :lol

Also, NYC-GAF has been supposed to meet up for years now...we were actually supposed to go to a bar called The Gaf! NYC peeps need to get together.

jorma

is now taking requests
Billen said:
GafCon would be great. This gathering of Gaf Juggalos can work aswell.

Be sure to put up webcams, it's a bit too far from Sweden for me to make it in time. :D

The gathering of the gaffalos. I'd totally go as well if it was hosted in Stockholm. Cool idea.

I don't know why you guys are bashing him for inviting strangers. A forum I regularly post on has had parties like this since 2004. It was always the same formula:

1) Somebody has an empty crib and invites people.
2) Total strangers come.
3) Everybody has a great time.

There was never an incident recorded (even though something like 55 parties were organized to this day) and everybody almost always had a positive impression of the event they attended.

Swag

Why does this type of thing never happen on the East Coast? Same thing with video game media events, tired of being gimped by the Beast Coast.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Lagspike_exe said:
I don't know why you guys are bashing him for inviting strangers. A forum I regularly post on has had parties like this since 2004. It was always the same formula:

1) Somebody has an empty crib and invites people.
2) Total strangers come.
3) Everybody has a great time.

There was never an incident recorded (even though something like 55 parties were organized to this day) and everybody almost always had a positive impression of the event they attended.
Oh, which orgy forum do you post on?

Raiden

Banned
Sounds like a cool idea man, and do not worry about the paranoid responses, usually they are the creeps and they wont come.

I would come, but im not risking my life though, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom