• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Poll: Would you pay $150 for a DS?

ElyrionX

Ok, just like my other thread, would you pay $150 for a DS? Keep it simple. Yes or No? And please keep discussions to a minimum.

I'll go first:

No. I can't even remember the last time I touched my SP and I even bought the original GBA and then subsequently upgraded to the SP. Goddamn........

CrisKre

Yes (if I wasn't getting one for free that is :D )

I liked what I played of it, and the list of games comming (plus Wario Ware DS and the potential Advance Wars need to be mine)

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
No.

Not until I see some more software, and proof that SOMEONE will take advantage of wireless online play.

B'z-chan

Banned
PIctochat sounds really cool. I'm looking forward to it, but not at 50 bucks. Though on the other hand i'm buying one of these DS's cause i dont know it kicks my ass and i like it.

Yes I certainly will buy a DS.
Even if there will be only one Fire Emblem game for the DS the 150 bucks are well spent :)

And I like the WLAN idea

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Hell yeah! I haven't cared about handhelds in a loooong time. I've been against the GBA generation of them since I first played it. I just didn't think it was a big enough leap from the Gameboy Color for my taste and I really didn't have much use for a handheld. But this generation of the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP really has interested...I need both, they are "Le Sex."

I'll pay $150 for the DS and $300 for the PSP, bring it on! I need some little gadgets.

shpankey

not an idiot
No. I am VERY tempted (mostly for Madden), but GT4 on PSP just makes me it's bitch, so I will wait for PSP.

However, I will be buying one for my daughter, who loves Nintendo and has already told me I am to get her a DS for her birthday (which is in November).

So I guess yes and no. :)

XS+

Banned
I don't like the double screen concept (as well as the small screen sizes) and the control scheme + stylus is a turn-off. If it was designed like a traditional handheld with a single large screen, it would be a better deal than PSP in every way. As it is I have no interest in it.

[that means no]

olimario

Banned
XS+ said:
I don't like the double screen concept (as well as the small screen sizes) and the control scheme + stylus is a turn-off. If it was designed like a traditional handheld with a single large screen, it would be a better deal than PSP in every way. As it is I have no interest in it.

[that means no]

So less screens and no touch screen = purchase?
I don't understand.

SaitoH

Add a game, sales tax, exchange currency to Canadian dollars, and I'm looking at close to $270 ... way too much for a portable.

Drexon

Banned
Goreomedy said:
No.

Not until I see some more software, and proof that SOMEONE will take advantage of wireless online play.
IAWTP.jpg

SKluck

Banned
Negative. I will never pay more than $200 for a console and I won't be buying another portable ever. GBA was the last.

Top Bottom