• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gift from my SS arrived today.

Thank you for letting me eat the sweets before xmas, dont think Id have been able to restrain myself!

My gift to my TT got sent off yesterday and the tracking details sent to Nicoga3000.

LMhOq3m.jpg

I sent my Tiny Tim their package yesterday via the United States Postal Service. I tried writing on the box "Don't open until the holiday of your choosing," but ran out of space for the "ing" of "choosing."

Hopefully they will save the package for the holiday of their choosing! Haha!

I had a lot of fun this year. I'm looking forward to my TT posting (hopefully)!

Been a stressful few weeks with work and travels, will be shipping my item gift wrapped directly from amazon.

No packages left yet at my house, but of course its still early! :)

painey

Just posted mine, and of course, like a mother fucker, I forgot one of the gifts in my friends car. It was only tiny, but it was personal and now I'm mad at myself.

Aren't we supposed to keep ourselves secret from the tiny tim?

I put who I was in the box

brau

Yes really since I'm seeing some folks in the thread seeming knowing who their secret santa is.

I didn't mean really in a bad way. i just meant if i need to keep my name from the package. i am not sure. first time doing this.

John Blade

This is my third time doing it but actually did 4 people as one was actually back to my Secret Santa who got didn't got his package at all for almost half a year and send something back to him for it.

The general idea is you should put your forum name so, your T.T will know who is it but in reality, you don't have to do it if you don't to. Just a nice way to announce who is the one who gift him/her for the gift. Either way, everyone will found out about this by Christmas when it will be announced here who have who.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Finally got my stuff shipped. Hit a deer earlier this week and that delayed me a couple days, haha.

Super excited for all this.

dreams

Hoorah! I got my gift from my SS in the mail last night! I didn't know what the package was at first so I opened it, but then I saw the Amazon gift wrap (which was remarkably awesome, btw. You can see part of the grey sparkly bag in the background) and I have no chill... So I opened it all the way. I'm SO EXCITED! I even used the Bialetti today for my morning coffee. Life-changing!

Packing cubes and Bialetti Moka Express!

Mele Kalikimaka to you! I've now had that song in my head all day :)

To my TT: Hopefully you got part 1 of your gift already! I will be sending part 2 out tomorrow!

Hoooo boy shipping internationally is expensive. £50 for tracked delivery. :\

EDIT: Scratch that, Parcelforce are quoting £90 for tracked delivery. o_o

joelseph

SO HOLY CRAP. I knew Canada had a reputation of being full of extremely nice and generous people but I had no idea it reached this level. My SS is TOO nice. Thank you so much. I couldn't wait until Christmas with such a big gift under the tree. So I opened it!.. On to the pictures fam..

The box is opened. Seriously this thing weighs as much as a Toyota Corolla.

Ummmm.... Dad, pretty sure this is mine..

Nom nom nom

The final haul. This is way to nice. Thank you so much! God bless Canada!

joelseph

PS. JB you did such a good job! All the gifts were spot on. My wife was amazed at how well they all fit us. Great job!!

GTI Guy

SO HOLY CRAP. I knew Canada had a reputation of being full of extremely nice and generous people but I had no idea it reached this level. My SS is TOO nice. Thank you so much. I couldn't wait until Christmas with such a big gift under the tree. So I opened it!.. On to the pictures fam..

The box is opened. Seriously this thing weighs as much as a Toyota Corolla.

Ummmm.... Dad, pretty sure this is mine..

Nom nom nom

The final haul. This is way to nice. Thank you so much! God bless Canada!

Wow.

I wish I had checked the cost of shipping!

I can't in good conscience blow a bunch of dosh on shipping that could be redirected to actual Christmas cheer... It is a good job I did my research for my TT, so I will be able to use the power of the internet to still do a great gift in time.

Next year I think I will try and avoid getting a TT on the other side of the world. :p

GTI Guy

I can't in good conscience blow a bunch of dosh on shipping that could be redirected to actual Christmas cheer... It is a good job I did my research for my TT, so I will be able to use the power of the internet to still do a great gift in time.

Next year I think I will try and avoid getting a TT on the other side of the world. :p

Christmas cheer doesn't take cash! :)

norm9

It cost me $66 to send it priority mail international, and now I'm thinking I should have paid a little more to get it there faster using first class. Reading some horror stories about delays at custom. My TT will love the gifts though, when it eventually getts there!

John Blade

PS. JB you did such a good job! All the gifts were spot on. My wife was amazed at how well they all fit us. Great job!!

Hope you like the items I send you even though they is two items which can't get to you. One is the maple spread which you have one there with you and another is a bottle of ice wine which I want to send to you but found out the hard way I can't send it out as it's Alcohol and can be an issue during transport. Still, majority of the item get there fine. I am surprise the US custom didn't take away the Kinder Surprise as that is Illegal in your country.

Took me a while to look into what you like and take a chance with some of the stuff. When you say you like to try out stuff from other country like food, I went overboard and buy stuff people in US never really have a chance to try out unless you come here.

Also, I know you like board game so, I throw in the one I use to play when I was a small lad long time ago. I don't know if you like those game and the 1st one is missing quite a few stuff now (as expect when you forgot to keep the item in). Still, the 2nd one have most if not all the item for you to play the game. If you don't play those game, at least read the card as it's those that keep me happy during my childhood time. Also, it's made in Canada.

The chicken is a side joke which you should know as you post it here. Other than that, wish you a happy holiday and new year and hope you like the gift which I send to you from Canada where the people are nice to other people.....unless you discuss hockey.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
UPS delivered my TT's gift to their door on Tuesday and they haven't posted anything yet. I hope everything is okay.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'm glad my Tiny Tim received theirs even though I skimped on international tracking. ;-)

Tf53

Received!!

m4YGbei.jpg

Will open it later today. Thanks SS!!!

I hope you like it!

So here's what happened with mine: I tried lifting the gift from the box, but it totally accidentally ripped open a bit, so I was forced to open it already. "Oops."

QXjzVe9m.jpg

Thanks, Santa! My kids loved the manga, and I can't wait to have people over to test the game. The hat fits nicely as well. Not pictured were four bags of potato chips that will promptly be devoured.

I received my package from my SS and I couldn't wait to open it:

Holy crap!

As a result, my kids and I played some SMB3 late into the night. Also, I instinctively didn't want them to bump the console. Thank you!

NandoGip

I want to send my TT a digital code, how should I do it? Send it to nico? Should I send it on Christmas or just send it now.

Tom Nook

I received my package from my SS and I couldn't wait to open it:

Holy crap!

As a result, my kids and I played some SMB3 late into the night. Also, I instinctively didn't want them to bump the console. Thank you!

WOW! Nice.

My reaction would be the Nintendo 64 kid. SIXTY FOOOUUUUURRRR!!!

Kintaco

Love seeing the gifts come in. I wanted to get into the Secret Santa this year but medical issues came up this year (Fuck Cancer). I hope next year I can get in on this, been wanting to try the international exchange as well. I hope you all are enjoying the holiday cheer that is being spread. Love that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom