• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
My gift has been sent, hopefully to arrive early next week.

Heads up to whoever my SS is, I will be traveling for Christmas from 12/18 - 1/4, so chances are I won't get to open my gift til early next year.

Secret Santa,

I did receive your package. Sorry about the silence! I left yesterday after work for Disney World (yay!) and have been on the road (still not there, boo!). I won't be back until next Thursday, but my house/cat sitter confirmed it was delivered.

And, to make things even more suspenseful, I have a staunch "Christmas presents are for Christmas" policy. Expect an update on 12.25. :)

I'm loving the pictures that are coming in... keep them coming please TTs! <3
Seconded. This thread is so much fun!

Have fun, SS! :)

Yo JimJam!! The gift you sent was hype. I'll post pics when I get home.

WJAPDVY.jpg

High quality steak knives &#10084;&#65039;

NandoGip

My package has arrived but I'm not sure if I want to open it. I think I'm going to wait for Christmas day. If whoever picked me is lurking, just sit tight until the 25th to get my reaction

FrsDvl

Alright, got two things ordered for my TT. It's the best I could do right now unfortunately. But, don't fret cause there'll be more to come. Just not in time for Christmas, sadly :(. I'll PM tracking details as soon as I have them.

norm9

Some of you all have good restraint waiting till Christmas to open up your gifts. I certainly won't when mine shows up.

turtle553

Mine showed up, but I'm going to wait to open. Unfortunately I'm leaving the country before Christmas, so I'll open January 3.

Just waiting for delivery on a few things and then I can ship to my TT.

TriAceJP

I got something in the mail about a week ago but it has zero identifying marks sent directly from Amazon so ????

I got something in the mail about a week ago but it has zero identifying marks sent directly from Amazon so ????

I got you bro. That was me

You can go ahead and pop it open if you want. I hope you like it.

There should have been a gift note or something included but sorry about shipping straight from Amazon though, my disability makes it hard to get around in the winters

gaiages

Banned
I received a mysterious Amazon package today from a Secret Santa in upstate NY. Don't know if is it my GAF SS (I believe so since I just got tracking info from the other SS I'm in) but if so, I got your first gift!

Servbot24

Banned
My gift has been sent, hopefully to arrive early next week.

Heads up to whoever my SS is, I will be traveling for Christmas from 12/18 - 1/4, so chances are I won't get to open my gift til early next year.

Well how about that, it arrived shortly after this post!

Wow, these are all so awesome!!! Each one got a "woah!" / "yes!" from me. :) I have heard of the manga but did not know it was from the DN creator - I'm now all in! I have not heard of the anime, but judging from the cover art it looks really awesome. And woooo I am so going to be practicing some Zelda tunes tonight!

Thank you Kisaya!

brau

I just dropped off my TT package in the mail.

I hope its to their liking. :D

Really enjoying all of the pics you guys.

nny

After some information-missing, items-out-of-stock, postal-slowness delays, the gift is finally on its way!

By the way, I'm shaking my head at all you opening your gifts early.

Kisaya

Well how about that, it arrived shortly after this post!

Wow, these are all so awesome!!! Each one got a "woah!" / "yes!" from me. :) I have heard of the manga but did not know it was from the DN creator - I'm now all in! I have not heard of the anime, but judging from the cover art it looks really awesome. And woooo I am so going to be practicing some Zelda tunes tonight!

Thank you Kisaya!

I'm so happy they got to you!!! So fast too, I'm impressed with UPS haha. Really hope you enjoy Mononoke, it's gorgeous and one of my all time favorites.

Now to anxiously wait for my presents to arrive...

NandoGip

I almost cracked. I cut through the tape on the package I got. I stopped myself from opening it though. This wait is going to be excruciating lol

Got a mystery Amazon package last night, though I know everything that I've personally bought off Amazon arrived before this so... I haven't opened it yet though and just might wait until Christmas to see.

On the flip side, I just mailed out my TT's gift and it should be arriving next week. Hope you enjoy it!

Remk

So I was making a card, had set up a plan to buy some local stuff but when a bunch of shit happened.

And I had to go the Amazon route to ensure I could ship it on time, I apologize to my TT in advance. I think there is some cool stuff in there but not the personalized.angle I wanted to do ;/

I received my gifts today! Will post pics when I open them. need someone to act as an elf for me. I need to inform my tiny tim about how their gifts will arrive.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I received my package from my SS and I couldn't wait to open it:

Holy crap!

As a result, my kids and I played some SMB3 late into the night. Also, I instinctively didn't want them to bump the console. Thank you!

Glad you liked it! Happy holidays to you and your family

Just got home and found a note on the door from UPS. I can't wait to pick it up. The annoying part, they said to pick it up at a UPS alternate station inside some grocery store that's a bigger pain to get to than the UPS shipping facility that I normally pick up packages from. Why must it be so late at night?

Unless I get word otherwise, I'm saving it for Christmas Eve when I normally do gifts.

krpiper

I dropped mime off in the mail today! I PMed tracking to the elves ;) supposed to get there Monday but we have a snowstorm so it may be delayed :(

OK, the box is with my post office, and its with tracking, so fingers crossed it gets to where it is supposed to go. :)

Once I get home I will fire off the tracking number to Nicoga.

One of my packages arrived. Shipped out the second and last today. PM'd Nic the info.

In my haste between yesterday and today I forgot to wrap the 2nd shipment. I hope my TT doesn't hate me :lol

I think I've got everything from my SS now (besides a card that was mentioned on the Amazon note, which I handily found before opening the box inside the box!). They're all unopened so I'll save them for the 25th :)

My package still showing as 'on its way' though. Hopefully not much longer before TT receives it!

kennah

Haven't received anything yet here, sent out one package from Amazon and hoping to pick up the rest of what I need to send today.

Jhoan

I'm not going to have time to wrap any gifts myself since I'm coming down to the wire with last minute stuff and touches. I'm going to head out in about an hour or so. My only instructions will be that my TT wait until Christmas Day to open the gifts.

I haven't received anything on my end yet but will check the mail before I head out.

Well after seeing a few people had opened their gifts I caved:

The wrapping was nice and I didn't want to spoil it, inside was:

I love these! When my wife saw them she burst out laughing as she knows how much I like them.

But that's not all, I also received a copy of Divinity: Original Sin 2 which is awesome and I'm installing it right now, thank you so much to my Secret Santa =]

TO my SS: I got your letter, but I don't know who you are, but a few boxes from Amazon arrived! I will wait to open :)

To my TT: I'm soo sorry I waited till last minute to ship your presents,, I apologize ^^;; it probably won't arrive till Dec 30th or so! Hopefully the thought I put into will make up for it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If I haven't responded to you from your tracking PM, it's not because I didn't get it. I'm only responding to those who require a response at the moment!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I could be one of the Tiny Tims whose gift arrives late, nothing in the mail yet but there's 5 days left! /anxious since I've had all my gifts from my partner already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom