• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
I got home from college today and got to finally see my Secret Santa gifts.

Here is the main gift (will open on Christmas):
uWjfpNh.jpg

And here are the stocking-stuffers:
hPJ1lag.jpg

Thank you so much! I really got a kick out of the Obama mints and the mini skeletons.

On a side note, I do believe that you are my SS as well, Gaiages. What an interesting coincidence.

Recieved and opened part of my gift (by accident since I get a shitload of Amazon boxes). I love it by the way, but won't show it to you guys just yet :)

gaiages

Banned
I got home from college today and got to finally see my Secret Santa gifts.

Here is the main gift (will open on Christmas):
uWjfpNh.jpg

And here are the stocking-stuffers:
hPJ1lag.jpg

Thank you so much! I really got a kick out of the Obama mints and the mini skeletons.

On a side note, I do believe that you are my SS as well, Gaiages. What an interesting coincidence.

Omg really? That's pretty great! Glad everything got to you safe and sound. :)

Aiustis

How do you get a tracking number after a package is sent if some lost the receipt? Would the post office still provide that?

GTI Guy

Got my gift. Unfortunately I got excited and just ripped the box open. The items were not wrapped. So I ruined the surprise. There was a note on the side of the box saying not to open it because contents were not wrapped but I totally didn't even see the note. GRR...

Thanks for the gifts! I will post pictures shortly.

Got a mysterious Amazon box today! My wife opened and confirmed it's from my Secret Santa, then hid it. I'll post pictures on Christmas!

I also mailed off my package yesterday, so I need to send the tracking number to Nic. But both halves are now done for me.

TriAceJP

I got you bro. That was me

You can go ahead and pop it open if you want. I hope you like it.

There should have been a gift note or something included but sorry about shipping straight from Amazon though, my disability makes it hard to get around in the winters

Word.

No note was included from my observation, but Amazon typically drops the ball on that.

Great CD. Dunno if this from lurking my messages and finding the posts where I rant about loving the music not the artist.

TheFlow

Banned
my secret santa has posted less than a sentence here. going to do a lil bit of research and send this gift off tomorrow.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Reminder!

I've responded to PM's regarding late shipping and express shipping and such.

Don't bother with express. Your TT many be sad that they don't have their gift right away...But maybe consider tossing a little consolation prize in there instead of paying 3-4x as much for shipping quicker. :)

Mieu

Wow it's nice to see those gifts pouring in!!

To my TT,

I stalked you. Hopefully the box you get is to your liking and it won't mess up your protein diet. :D

It should be there in 2 to 3 weeks. Sorry if it will take longer than expected but it will sure be there by then.

Sincerely,
Mieu

Posted my parcel on Saturday with 48 hour delivery. Im not sure if that's 48 hour work day or not but fingers crossed it should still arrive before Christmas whichever it is.

The broncos shirt came a few days after and I had already put the puzzle together. It was one of the few Mario puzzles I didn't have. The Destiny calendar is hanging at my desk at work. I love it all. The shirt is kind of a muscle shirt. My wife and I have been going to the gym this last year so when I wore it to work last week a few people made comments about how good it looked and they could tell I've been going to the gym. Made me feel pretty good. Thanks Violence Jack you nailed it!!

6MRJon4l.jpg

TJezfGFl.jpg

To my Tiny Tim:

The past couple weeks has been crazy for me. I've finally got your gift out now. I did my best picking stuff out for you. You posted a few times in this thread (including on this page, ho ho ho), so just hang tight. Hope you enjoy.

The broncos shirt came a few days after and I had already put the puzzle together. It was one of the few Mario puzzles I didn't have. The Destiny calendar is hanging at my desk at work. I love it all. The shirt is kind of a muscle shirt. My wife and I have been going to the gym this last year so when I wore it to work last week a few people made comments about how good it looked and they could tell I've been going to the gym. Made me feel pretty good. Thanks Violence Jack you nailed it!!

6MRJon4l.jpg

TJezfGFl.jpg

That's awesome to hear! I live in Denver, so I actually saw the shirt at the mall before purchasing it on Amazon because you mentioned working out. Glad to see it got you some positive feedback. Also glad you enjoyed the calendar and puzzle as well. I stalked you for a bit to get ideas before you posted about yourself and your hobbies in the thread.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!

YaBish

To my Secret Santa, I have received your gifts, but I'll wait till Christmas to open them.

pUf2fNR.jpg

That box on the left is suspiciously vinyl shaped :)

Finally got my shopping done today. I'm usually very good about this but this year has been very busy for me at this time for reason. I'm sad I didn't get to post more in this topic sorry TT. Oh well, now I can enjoy care free.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Came home to find my gifts! I couldn't wait until Christmas. :)

A rioter drew my name! League is easily my most played game of all time, and I'm a die-hard fan of the competitive scene. I can't believe I've now got the autographs of my favorite players and casters. All of this was absolutely perfect - not pictured is a bunch of tea that I'm definitely going to dig into this cold week, along with a ton of awesome trinkets, jewelry and some cool socks. I ran out of space on my desk for the picture, haha.

As if that wasn't enough, my SS got me some Riot Points and another secret digital gift I haven't seen yet. Thank you so much, Su! You made my day.

Another fantastic GAF Secret Santa this year. I've only done this a couple years but it's been a great experience every time.

Thanks littlegrasshopper!

I'm a fan of Disney, The Simpsons, and Star Wars so great job!

My 4 year old loves Tsum Tsums so he was excited about those.

Our family loves Orlando and we've been to Disneyworld twice in the last 3 years.

Thanks again for your thoughtful gifts.

Zaw744e.jpg

Well looks like my SS gift arrived. It's from Eye for an Eye! The gift looks very interesting. I opened the left box as it said open now and it was some chocolates. I sampled one and it was very good, are they home made? Hmm this one wrapped in MLP wrapping, if I remember correctly...

Eye for an Eye
(12-01-2016, 05:18 PM)
Multi-Quote This Message Quote

Send him socks. Preferably with My Little Pony on them.

Ha ha ha. Gotcha. That's fresh. Can't believe I remembered that random post cause that's something I would do for somebody. I'll open the other ones later.

Thanks littlegrasshopper!

I'm a fan of Disney, The Simpsons, and Star Wars so great job!

My 4 year old loves Tsum Tsums so he was excited about those.

Our family loves Orlando and we've been to Disneyworld twice in the last 3 years.

Thanks again for your thoughtful gifts.

You are welcome. I am glad you liked the gifts. Merry Xmas. :)

krpiper

UqwX0mj.jpg

Thank you so much Arsenic Yellow! I cant wait set up my new dartboard and time force my roommmate in playing the game!

Also to my Tiny Tim, I didnt know we were supposed to put in our name, so I apologize!

And my TT's gift arrived! Hope they enjoy it!

As for the mystery Amazon present that I had received a few days ago and can only guess is from my Secret Santa, just a few more days before I open it... Looking forward to it!

Ha ha ha. Gotcha. That's fresh. Can't believe I remembered that random post cause that's something I would do for somebody. I'll open the other ones later.

You just made my night. I was hoping you'd catch on. 😂
And the chocolates are from See's Candies. It's a popular chocolate shop in California.

Mine came!

That's a lot of Celebrations.

Aw yiss! Lanyards! Have been needing these badly for work.

And we also have a Zelda beanie, a Power Rangers pin and Hokkaido Highway Blues by Will Ferguson, which intrigues me greatly. I always ask for my SS' favourite book as a present and this one looks interesting. Will be fun to read over Christmas.

I also got sent a letter with the parcel. My current potato phone can't capture the text, so I've transcribed it here:

Sean! Merry Christmas!

First of all, I hope you've had a great 2016. While I can only be held responsible for festive joy, I do hope it extends into 2017 also.

I thought now might be a good time to talk a little about your gifts, so please stop reading now if you're reading this before Christmas and plan to open the prezzies later!

First is the book - I just want to say that asking for Santa's favourite book is a great idea, something I plan to do next year! My favourite book is a little known travelogue about hitchhiking across Japan. Just the right amount of humour and wonder - I really hope you like it.

Next up is the hat - I'm glad you like Zelda! I was originally going to go with my favourite sports team, but given how close to home you are, I'm not sure if you'd have liked one with Chelsea written on it! I hope this is a good alternative,

Then, there's the Power Rangers pin. I really wanted to get you something PR releated (I'm a big fan of Toku, loved Kyoryuger!) so I hope this is okay. Maybe something to go on one of those lanyards? Speaking of which, do consider these as freebies, I get them from events as part of my work, so no worries if you don't like them!

I hope you have a fantastic rest of the year, here's to a great 2017! Also, quietly hoping the American Power Rangers film is rad!

- Santa

Thank you very much! Work has been unreal the last few weeks so coming home to this today was really nice. 10/10 stuff, Santa!

My gift arrived today from my secret Santa. Not sure who my SS was (no name on the letter)l, but thank you so much for the gifts. I will be reading Howling Commandos at some point this week. My girlfriend and I already devoured the macaroons and we will be having the coffee tomorrow for breakfast. Thanks again SS and merry xmas!

yJl8Us1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom