• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

My Tiny Tim's gift is in the mail.

Shouldn't take to long to get it. Mail between Toronto and the UK is normally pretty quick.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Had a hard time this year since my tiny tim doesn't post much on here at all and the threads they did post in were only for games they already owned. Kept trying to find something solid to go off of but ended up settling for something I dont even think they will like but I legit couldnt think of anything else 😰

Sounds like my forum activity at Gaf. Next year I'm going to reveal I've started collecting Zippo lighters! (only have about 8 so far)

So I just got my TT's package back in the mail, and It was sent back, but the slip had no reason on it. I checked FedEx and it was refused on Monday 12/19...

I messaged Nic about it, but I am not sure what to do, it won't get there in time now and I already shelled out $20 just to make sure it got there in time.

I'm really really bummed right now.

Oh my goodness, hope that wasn't mine! If it was, I am so sorry!

Izuna

Banned
My Tiny Tim's gift is in the mail.

Shouldn't take to long to get it. Mail between Toronto and the UK is normally pretty quick.

598758_disney-dancing-despicable-me-agnes.gif

I don't know if it's you, but Secret Santa will give me my only present this year so I'm hoping it comes in time.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
I got my package in the mail and immediately opened it because I have no self-control.

z73iOwD.jpg

I'm very excited to put this together. My three favorite characters from Civil War <3. I also love the cute card.

Thank you very much, iRAWRasaurus!

nny

As I wait for the 25th, I came to the realization that this is the 10th time I'm participating in NeoGAF's Secret Santa. It has always been a highlight of my holidays: trying to come up with a gift for someone that lives far away, which allows you to share some your favorite things as well as a little piece of the place you live in; the excitement of having that extra gift under the tree and wondering what it is; and the joy you get by seeing so many people exchange gifts.

So I was thinking of all the places I have sent and received gifts to/from, and to put things in perspective, I whipped this up:

Where I have sent gifts to (red arrows), and an approximation of where my Santas have sent their gifts from (green arrows). The arrows both red and green represent the two times I got the same person as Santa and TT, and the dotted lines are two occasions when my gifts fell from Santa's sleigh in the Atlantic and never reached me (;_;).

Thanks to all the Saint Nics that have been organizing these gift exchanges, the Nics of Christmas past (distantmantra and Dega), and of course our current Saint Nic, nicoga3000! These are always a lot of fun! Here's to 10 more (I still have a few continents to go)! :D

I would love to see similar maps from other people, or maybe even a map of all the pairings in a single year!

My wife brought me a package today that I wasn't expecting! I couldn't wait until Christmas.

oGRXUQW.jpg

It's a Persona Christmas! I had both of these games on my Amazon wishlist for two years, and I was holding off on buying them until I finished with Persona 4 Golden. I finally beat it after two years of playing it a few weeks ago, so this was perfect timing!

And I'm from Georgia originally, so it was a real treat to get a bottle of Cheerwine. It's my favorite soda aside from Ginger Ale and I've missed it greatly since I moved out of the south earlier this year.

Not sure who he is on GAF, but thanks and Merry Christmas. You did a great job!

P.S. I feel like I should change my GAF name to Violence Jack Thompson. Nice touch.

I got my package in the mail and immediately opened it because I have no self-control.

z73iOwD.jpg

I'm very excited to put this together. My three favorite characters from Civil War <3. I also love the cute card.

Thank you very much, iRAWRasaurus!

Glad you enjoyed it! I couldn't figure out what to get you till the last min :p

Gen X

Mine still hasn't arrived, this is cutting it close with only one delivery day left. My fingers are crossed.

TehOh

Leaving town tomorrow morning and nothing yet. Too bad. At least I should have something fun waiting when I return.

I've been working overtime the last several days straight and will continue to do so until christmas eve but I'd like to note that my package from my SS came in a few days ago and my TT's package should have arrived by now as well.

I normally take a picture of the SS package that comes in but I honestly haven't had time.

It's in an amazon box and I don't know if it's wrapped so I'll wait until christmas to open it.

Thank you, SS!

Edit- oh!
I just noticed that Violence Jack posted just above me.
That was me!
I'm glad you like it :)

neonglow

I've been working overtime the last several days straight and will continue to do so until christmas eve but I'd like to note that my package from my SS came in a few days ago and my TT's package should have arrived by now as well.

I normally take a picture of the SS package that comes in but I honestly haven't had time.

It's in an amazon box and I don't know if it's wrapped so I'll wait until christmas to open it.

Thank you, SS!

Edit- oh!
I just noticed that Violence Jack posted just above me.
That was me!
I'm glad you like it :)

You can open the Amazon box. The actual item has been gift wrapped or gift bagged.

Mieu

As I wait for the 25th, I came to the realization that this is the 10th time I'm participating in NeoGAF's Secret Santa. It has always been a highlight of my holidays: trying to come up with a gift for someone that lives far away, which allows you to share some your favorite things as well as a little piece of the place you live in; the excitement of having that extra gift under the tree and wondering what it is; and the joy you get by seeing so many people exchange gifts.

So I was thinking of all the places I have sent and received gifts to/from, and to put things in perspective, I whipped this up:

Where I have sent gifts to (red arrows), and an approximation of where my Santas have sent their gifts from (green arrows). The arrows both red and green represent the two times I got the same person as Santa and TT, and the dotted lines are two occasions when my gifts fell from Santa's sleigh in the Atlantic and never reached me (;_;).

Thanks to all the Saint Nics that have been organizing these gift exchanges, the Nics of Christmas past (distantmantra and Dega), and of course our current Saint Nic, nicoga3000! These are always a lot of fun! Here's to 10 more (I still have a few continents to go)! :D

I would love to see similar maps from other people, or maybe even a map of all the pairings in a single year!

Philippines should be there next year. Hahaha!

RIP Finland postal service. There have been big layoffs and the postal service has closed almost all post offices in the country. This means insanely long queues for processing. Land of the Santaclaus is failing this year :D

Sorry TinyTim, your package is _literally_ going to the other side of the planet but it won't make it for tomorrow.

I haven't received any mail all week so my incoming package is probably in a warehouse somewhere.

brau

The second half of my TT's present has not moved from from one location in 4 days. Might have been lost. :\

I hope thats not the case. I've had packages get stuck in one place, only later to spawn the day of delivery at its destination. Skipping any other record of where it was. So weird. I hope your gifts get there with no issues. I hope my package gets to my TT with no issues either.

Mieu

RIP Finland postal service. There have been big layoffs and the postal service has closed almost all post offices in the country. This means insanely long queues for processing. Land of the Santaclaus is failing this year :D

Sorry TinyTim, your package is _literally_ going to the other side of the planet but it won't make it for tomorrow.

I haven't received any mail all week so my incoming package is probably in a warehouse somewhere.

This is unfortunate at this time of the year. Hopefully all becomes well in the future!

The second half of my TT's present has not moved from from one location in 4 days. Might have been lost. :

Noooooooo!!! Or it might just have been stationary. Hoping for the best.

I still havent gotten anything. Im getting nervous.

I didn't get mine before until the last few days of 2014, and 2015. So just stay put and relax!!

This is unfortunate at this time of the year. Hopefully all becomes well in the future!

Noooooooo!!! Or it might just have been stationary. Hoping for the best.

I didn't get mine before until the last few days of 2014, and 2015. So just stay put and relax!!

I appreciate the comforting words. I stressed out on my Tiny Tim making sure it was a good gift, and I would hate to get shafted on my first Secret Santa.

FrsDvl

Hoping I get something today or tomorrow! We spent all our money on our kid so I'm without presents under the tree :(

TehOh

I appreciate the comforting words. I stressed out on my Tiny Tim making sure it was a good gift, and I would hate to get shafted on my first Secret Santa.

Delays do happen. It sucks, but things tend to work out eventually. One year, I didn't get anything until February. My SS had run into some financial trouble, but came through eventually. So, try not to worry too much.

Mieu

Looks like my TT's gift has cleared customs. Unfortunately it probably won't arrive until next week. :(

At least it's one step forward. Better than nothing.

Hoping I get something today or tomorrow! We spent all our money on our kid so I'm without presents under the tree :(

Stay frosty!!

Hopefully not. St. Nic says it seems to be unlikely

While getting shafted is always a possibility, the information I have would suggest that you're OK. ;)

To my TT,

Yours should be on the way soon and I never forgot you I threw in something extra that you should like.

Camjo-Z

In a shocking twist no one could see coming, not only did I not wait until the 25th to open things... I'm not even waiting until the 25th to post things.

The Lupin board game is extremely cool, if also extremely complex. I like how the different characters all have stats that reflect their abilities in the show (Lupin is the speedy all-rounder, Jigen has great gun abilities, Goemon can't use most weapons but destroys everything with his sword, etc). Even Fujiko's propensity to betray everyone near the end and run off with the treasure is included. If I can't rope anyone into trying it out sometime this holiday, hopefully I can round up enough friends to play it with me in the future. (And even if I can't, this thing will simply look awesome on my shelf.) Also, this would make for a great online Lupin strategy video game, especially since much of the game involves the gang being invisible to the Inspector and only being able to communicate in specific situations.

Secondly, the PaRappa beanie brings the funky flow as promised. It goes perfectly with my other beanie - this one has no ear flaps, so I won't look like a complete freak when I wear it in public, and it also has the frog logo from PaRappa 2's promotional art instead of the one he wears in-game and in art for PaRappa 1. A detail that no one but me will care about, I'm sure - but still!

Overall, excellent job SS!

nny

Another package arrived :O

In other news, the tracking for my gifts has not updated once; the tracking on the national postal service is not very detailed, so I'm just hoping it will change from "Item accepted" straight to "Delivered" :/ Not much time left.

Gen X

The second half of my TT's present has not moved from from one location in 4 days. Might have been lost. :

A month or two ago my partner ordered a handbag from the other side of the country and about 4-5 days later said it was in the van en route. It never arrived. My partner contacted the seller, she sent another and then about 6 weeks after the replacement arrived the original order turned up out of the blue.

Australian Postal Service ftw!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
There's only a few outstanding "issues" that I'm working to resolve.

I've passed on all messages and have maintained contact with those who need it.

I will be releasing the list on Sunday. If you haven't received a gift by then, the list will be available for you folks to do what you want with it. :3

Well my TT package just got returned. Apparently the address is an apartment. Still waiting on confirmation for what unit number.

Sorry TT you may not get yours before aChristmas.

John Blade

tumblr_myr68m6gJW1se02d1o1_400.gif

That's me right now waiting for the gift. I guess it won't get to me on time from the look of it which is okay and will wait for it after the Christmas. Also, will wait for the list and see who my SS and when I found out who is it, I will be become like the gif below.

tumblr_m02imqXVXw1qbvovho1_500.gif

Still, will wait for now.

To my SS out there, apologies that your package was refused for some reason. I gave Saint Nic my full name to give to you. And if you get charged again for shipping, I can send you the money to get it through. I'm a patient guy, I can wait after Christmas for mines :) I appreciate the effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom