• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my presents from DJ Lushious, awesome presents! Time to re-watch Hannibal!
Isn't it sssooo good?!

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your gifts. You've got Grand Master Lurker skills, so I was most worried about whether or not you already owned any of the items (not the Starman, though, haha!).

I love how some GAFfers decorate their Tiny Tim's boxes, so I tried to have some fun with it. Believe me, you wouldn't have wanted me to hand draw anything, though. :p

And I still have no idea what the Yo-Kai Watch figure does. Haha!

Thanks to my Secret Santa i'm a proud owner of these fine books!

CpEZGd6.jpg

Merry Christmas and thanks for making it another successful GAF SS!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Opened mine this morning, my gift from Noisepurge. Lots of Finnish candies and chocolate which is all delicious, a Diablo t-shirt which fits perfectly, some Angry Birds bag toy things (one for each child and gave the other to my mum) and a fold up backpack.

BYEau28.jpg

Thanks Noisepurge, you did great considering I didn't list any hobbies, past times or shirt sizes.

Merry Christmas all, I look forward to participating next year. :)

*edit*
Why can't I get my photo to appear?

So we meet again AnotherVegan! Get in here you Sonuvabitch!

giphy.gif

Amazing choices friend! Literally, items of what I wanted but couldn't find or didn't buy. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Look at this Lucina Amiibo! LOOK AT HER FACE!!! You found the only Lucina Amiibo without a derpy face. A modern day Christmas miracle. AND THE BOX DIDN'T GET CRUSHED?! God exist man T_T and he's OCD.

I have a confession. I've never seen My Neighbor Tottoro. Always told myself I would but for one reason or another didn't. Now I have no excuses AND I AM JAZZED! It's the ONLY Ghibli movie I wanted but never bought. Amazing coincidence.

Thanks AnotherVegan! Team #quality>quantity

Also, if my TT is reading this after you find out I'm your SS on Sunday. My bad. I sent it out late instead of breaking it down to two shipments. It'll arrive early next week.

You're welcome! We should do this again some time!

Remk

Thanks to my Secret Santa i'm a proud owner of these fine books!

Merry Christmas and thanks for making it another successful GAF SS!

I still feel guilty about having to go the amazon route so I'm glad you liked it :)
Both look like good reads so hopefully they bring some holiday cheer!

Vaco6121

Opened my gifts as I won't be able to tomorrow. Thank you very much Secret Santa. The candy was good and I enjoyed flipping thru the book. Although after going thru the book I kinda want to go to Australia now as I finally got my passport and I am looking to do some traveling in 2017.

gaiages

Banned
I have opened my gifts, but can't post pics until tomorrow night. Thank you so much powerhouse! Ironic that I got onto you about a Persona related post in my letter to you and you sent me that :p

Gen X

Opened my gifts as I won't be able to tomorrow. Thank you very much Secret Santa. The candy was good and I enjoyed flipping thru the book. Although after going thru the book I kinda want to go to Australia now as I finally got my passport and I am looking to do some traveling in 2017.

That was me, sorry it wasn't a little more but if you see a couple of my other posts in this thread you will understand.

Also, Australia is a great place to visit but stay away from anywhere that isn't Queensland. ;-)

Jhoan

My mom was eyeing the mysterious package like a cat the whole time I opened it. I found it hilarious.

After:

lKZBbs3.jpg

Before:

Vtj9sV9.jpg

¡Muchísimas gracias broken_shadow! Lo agradezco mucho. :D The art in the card is pretty damn solid! My inner artist is damn near tempted to ink the pencils to see how it'll look. I'm a little bit anal about inking my pencil drawings but not all the time.

I'm super familiar with Jorge Luis Borges and his magical realism novels so it was a matter of time before I ran into his work. I'd been meaning to check out Cien Años de Soledad after Gabriel García Márquez passed away. I don't think reading the English version would do it justice.

Funny story about the Unfabulous Five : I stumbled upon the series purely by accident on Amazon after trying to look for luchador comics since I was writing an analysis article for a comic called La Mano del Destino. I liked the art style a ton and the ridiculous premise.

With Lang's work, I'd been meaning to jump into his books. It was a toss up between Boxers and Saints which I was going to buy at New York Comic Con this year and Level Up which I heard great things about. Funny enough, I was trying to find a graphic novel penned by Lang to give to an Asian friend of mines as part of a gift exchange.

All in all, great stuff! My ever growing collection/backlog of books and graphic novels just got a lot bigger. It's been quite some time since I read a novel proper so I'll start by reading the Borges book. I'm going to make it a goal to get back into reading novels again next year in addition to comics and graphic novels which I read for review and for fun.

Now I wait for the cat to get out of the bag and the fireworks with my TT in the morning.

StayDead

Will post pics later, but I'd just like to say a big thank you to whoever my Santa was!

I have to admit I do already own Steins;Gate 0 in Japanese, but I've got a step brother who I'm really close to who wants to play it so I'll lend it out to him if you don't mind, I don't mind owning 2 copies either since Steins;Gate is so awesome <3

They also got me a Funko Pop figure of Tracer. I'd never thought about buying any of them before, but the Tracer one looks pretty awesome and since I don't have too much room at home I'm going to take her into Work and have her sat at my desk <3

I loved the card as well. I can't figure out (at all) who you might be, but you must frequent a lot of the same threads I do to know some of those references haha. Have a great Christmas and a great new year!

----

To my TT who I've seen has opened their gifts now. I'm glad you liked them and I'm glad you had no doubles in there. I was really trying to figure out what to get you and then I noticed your avatar and found my theme immediately!

Opened mine this morning, my gift from Noisepurge. Lots of Finnish candies and chocolate which is all delicious, a Diablo t-shirt which fits perfectly, some Angry Birds bag toy things (one for each child and gave the other to my mum) and a fold up backpack.

BYEau28

Thanks Noisepurge, you did great considering I didn't list any hobbies, past times or shirt sizes.

Merry Christmas all, I look forward to participating next year. :)

*edit*
Why can't I get my photo to appear?

Awesome :) picked all finnish things i could find. Its a finnish metal band shirt, a finnish outdoors company and angrybirds of course :D

Link the .jpg image
BYEau28.jpg

Gen X

Awesome :) picked all finnish things i could find. Its a finnish metal band shirt, a finnish outdoors company and angrybirds of course :D

Link the .jpg image
BYEau28.jpg

Fantastic, I love metal and will be sure to check them out now. You helped make my Xmas one of the better ones in recent years!

Will post pics later, but I'd just like to say a big thank you to whoever my Santa was!

I have to admit I do already own Steins;Gate 0 in Japanese, but I've got a step brother who I'm really close to who wants to play it so I'll lend it out to him if you don't mind, I don't mind owning 2 copies either since Steins;Gate is so awesome <3

They also got me a Funko Pop figure of Tracer. I'd never thought about buying any of them before, but the Tracer one looks pretty awesome and since I don't have too much room at home I'm going to take her into Work and have her sat at my desk <3

I loved the card as well. I can't figure out (at all) who you might be, but you must frequent a lot of the same threads I do to know some of those references haha. Have a great Christmas and a great new year!

----

It was me ^__^

I had to bet on Steins:Gate... I was lurking anxiously everyday on the official topic, hoping I won't find you there posting about the game... it would mean you bought it... but you already got the jp version aaaaah didn't anticipated that !

I went for the pop tracer figure because I thought it look fun and not too suggestive so it can be displayed anywhere.

Also the card haha, hope my writting isn't too bad... and the references... well let's say I got friends REALLY into ship girls >_<

Hope you have a nice holidays !

I got all three packages, SS!

Here's what I got!

That's a graphic novel called Blacksad, The Girl Who Lept Through Time, a crate of Belgian snacks, a SF comic, and a Kidrobot figurine of Birdie, my SFV main!!

Thank you SS! :D

BTW, to my TT, Norm9: you have already recieved one gift from me, but the international portion of your gift has yet to leave the tracking centre after arriving there on the 18th - so one full week ago. I am giving USPS some more time to get their act together. But otherwise I will arrange for a second half to your gift before Jan 6th.

Duo014

I got all three packages, SS!

Here's what I got!

That's a graphic novel called Blacksad, The Girl Who Lept Through Time, a crate of Belgian snacks, a SF comic, and a Kidrobot figurine of Birdie, my SFV main!!

Thank you SS! :D

BTW, to my TT, Norm9: you have already recieved one gift from me, but the international portion of your gift has yet to leave the tracking centre after arriving there on the 18th - so one full week ago. I am giving USPS some more time to get their act together. But otherwise I will arrange for a second half to your gift before Jan 6th.

Yes! So glad you got everything. :D now you should shoot me a pm someday to play some SFv

kennah

Pleasantly got my package a few days ago from Fedex. Managed to resist tearing it apart.

Some really really lovely hard cover Fable's books! I've already read Fairest, but it was a borrowed copy, so be nice to have my own. Looking forward to reading Paper Girls - especially since I noticed it was Brian K Vaughn. Working on Saga right now, so this is super cool to get. Your girlfriend was right, and none of those treats are available in Canada - and some are quite questionable. We tried the 'mild' tamarind, and couldn't eat it, lol, so wary of the rest ;). Thanks for the local museum pamplets! Will google a bit.

Decent get this year, thanks again WascallyWabbit!

Now to wait for my TT to open and post theirs!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Opened up my box and, holey moley, a ton of stuff from Wales!

I laughed when I saw the chips. Out of all the years I've participated in this, this was the first time someone has even remotely entertained it.

Going to read some Beano and eat some Welsh cakes.

Thanks Spades! This was pretty awesome.

Holy baby Jesus crapping his crib!
Wow. I am overwhelmed by all the stuff my Secret Santa sent me. Mostly Baseball related Goodies. Will send pictures as soon as I can. Thank you Secret Santa. I love it!

YaBish

FallenGorn, you really spoiled me.

Funeral is too good, and although I've never listened to the Twin Peaks OST, I'm sure I'll love it.
Not to mention all the other goodies you packed in. I love chocolate covered espresso beans!

But the best experience was opening up the package and seeing your card. Your handwriting is really cool!

Thank you. Thank you so much.

RkOwnage

I had to resend my SS gift earlier this week, but unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going to reach its destination until Wednesday of next week. I didn't have a name to send with the gift the first time, so I just wrote Tiny Tim. I figured with the correct address it wouldn't be an issue. I apologize for not thinking enough to get a name to go with it.

I also received my gift yesterday, I haven't opened it yet but I will tonight with the rest of my gifts, thank you very much to my SS!!

painey

I couldn't wait :)

S9wCYZS.jpg

Thank you again!!!! The gifts were so beautifully wrapped too-- I felt bad tearing into them.

Glad you liked it :) After drawing the GAF logo, I swear I didn't wanna send that box topper because it was too beautiful. Congrats on the ban expiring too ;)

I opened my SS and I got..
which is awesome! I got candy I have never eaten, and a game that I REALLY wanted to play, but couldn't justify the expense! I'm a happy camper this Christmas :)

Thank you demosthenes for the gifts! I totally forgot I had linked an Amazon wishlist at some point, but yes, you did find it. And I'll be looking out for the card!

Been meaning to pick these movies up, but keep forgetting to do so. So thank you Santa!

Before (Amazon has stepped up their gift wrapping game over the years lol):
F476B859-88DD-404D-914D-405700E0480C_zpsveyuvou5.jpg

After:
0766012F-C3B5-47C6-B91D-A3F185DB682E_zpsgdzrfqea.jpg

Pau

Opened my lovely wrapped presents and got some great presents. <3 Will add Steven to my plush collection where he won't have Lion but at least he'll have more than a few Jolteon's to keep him company. :p And it took all my effort to not start reading the comics the second I opened them. Thank you Secret Santa!

I opened my SS and I got..

which is awesome! I got candy I have never eaten, and a game that I REALLY wanted to play, but couldn't justify the expense! I'm a happy camper this Christmas :)
Glad you liked it! I was hoping you hadn't caved in and bought Awakening before opening the present! And the chocolate is from my home country, Colombia. :3 They also bring stickers of animals and the natural world that kids in Colombia (and my boyfriend) collect in a sticker book!

Opened my lovely wrapped presents and got some great presents. <3 Will add Steven to my plush collection where he won't have Lion but at least he'll have more than a few Jolteon's to keep him company. :p And it took all my effort to not start reading the comics the second I opened them. Thank you Secret Santa!

Glad you like them! Was a bit worried since I haven't seen you post about receiving the package, haha! And every SU watcher needs their own Steven! Here's to new episodes in 2017!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
FallenGorn, you really spoiled me.

Funeral is too good, and although I've never listened to the Twin Peaks OST, I'm sure I'll love it.
Not to mention all the other goodies you packed in. I love chocolate covered espresso beans!

But the best experience was opening up the package and seeing your card. Your handwriting is really cool!

Thank you. Thank you so much.

Glad you dug it! Also, the only time someone's complimented me on my handwriting. lol

Thank you demosthenes for the gifts! I totally forgot I had linked an Amazon wishlist at some point, but yes, you did find it. And I'll be looking out for the card!

Been meaning to pick these movies up, but keep forgetting to do so. So thank you Santa!

Before (Amazon has stepped up their gift wrapping game over the years lol):
F476B859-88DD-404D-914D-405700E0480C_zpsveyuvou5.jpg

After:
0766012F-C3B5-47C6-B91D-A3F185DB682E_zpsgdzrfqea.jpg

One more package should be arriving Tuesday with the card, sorry!

StayDead

It was me ^__^

I had to bet on Steins:Gate... I was lurking anxiously everyday on the official topic, hoping I won't find you there posting about the game... it would mean you bought it... but you already got the jp version aaaaah didn't anticipated that !

I went for the pop tracer figure because I thought it look fun and not too suggestive so it can be displayed anywhere.

Also the card haha, hope my writting isn't too bad... and the references... well let's say I got friends REALLY into ship girls >_<

Hope you have a nice holidays !

Not sure if you've seen the stuff I own, but that wouldn't really bother me haha. If I'm being totally honest you got kind of unlucky, because I wasn't posting about the game (even in the import thread). Even though I brought it ready to play when it launched it's been sat in it's wrapping waiting for me to actually open it. I'm terrible for playing games that I buy.

Steins;Gate is even one of my favourite franchises so I thought I'd play it right away, but I've got Phenogram for PS3 barely played (and I currently don't have a PS3) and a million other games tucked away just sitting waiting to be played haha. I think I really should stop myself buying things, but I can't help myself.

Once again, thank you very much for the gifts and the card! Considering you don't really know me very well you did an excellent job buying for me. I'm really, really bad to buy for. Even my family gave up and just give me money these days :p

Miletius

Thank you so much best Secret Santa! I love the thoughtfulness that went into each gift. First, the book, which I have not read yet -- but plan to do so starting today. My hope is that it's a great book to give me hope on Christmas Day, which is the spirit of the season.

The Steam Gift card was also very welcome. There are a LOT of games on my radar, and I'll put this to good use over the next few days I'm sure.

Telestrations has already proven to be fun and will be more so once the rest of the fam arrives. Already planning a New Year's get together and this will be perfect to use with the cousins.

Finally, the Fry Sauce, or favorite gift of the box. I am really happy that you got me something from your childhood and combined it with food. I've never tried it, but I think I'm going to go get me some fries tomorrow and give it a whirl.

Thanks again for your wonderful, thoughtful and awesome gifts. May your Christmas be as wonderful as mine is -- and this goes for all of NeoGAF too. Thanks for a great year, and here is to an even better next year!

GVmZ4t3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom