• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if you've seen the stuff I own, but that wouldn't really bother me haha. If I'm being totally honest you got kind of unlucky, because I wasn't posting about the game (even in the import thread). Even though I brought it ready to play when it launched it's been sat in it's wrapping waiting for me to actually open it. I'm terrible for playing games that I buy.

Steins;Gate is even one of my favourite franchises so I thought I'd play it right away, but I've got Phenogram for PS3 barely played (and I currently don't have a PS3) and a million other games tucked away just sitting waiting to be played haha. I think I really should stop myself buying things, but I can't help myself.

Once again, thank you very much for the gifts and the card! Considering you don't really know me very well you did an excellent job buying for me. I'm really, really bad to buy for. Even my family gave up and just give me money these days :p

You got a link to your figures collection?

Oh boy oh boy what's in the bag! Oh it's something from FrsDvl!

0XRYzqF-2bZAO_6VLn0RsLI0S2ZkZ-179y0e9x2y4c_KocwvuyNrWmOzFRMrrtLq0kcSIO_0ljZPDXU9s1ZdpOCS27o4YI6XSQY4j17EZ88hsKbOiQoEHyoSpecLbLYb2DisjLDl1GWD6T_INLyAsRLs4u2FQkkCsu2LX3zbyivzAqqfOStsN42UMw-CG5SIIj-YNBQ9FSnLxQyS3DiDzlUxFZLQj-XpzAUkMLgeUH4kTF0uFJfBNCrFbclj6Ms9jjwKhR3Ri2Iv11kiM-BgQKFv4vbzaKpK9i4DxS8l9-hU6tQw9RbVrpNrs1Tc_-kenk0RWj_cCDjnzmCnfCAloBRspbwACKAsDMKmq50H7jAba3YHtsI97jeOHPU0L1qSgnuqexo15esX7XHY5mstGipTvg__Y6n9HzmECxhhQPegMD_ZORXTnYFFgDfUCfysEKFLr72nScLU5s6VHfViyzMOQEkoThjh6IQCF-btK-9sJxLTKkv_YwWO6am0r2jVQiS8fAXgpVTgJMNA6OgtPUJ6JDCqZZ40C92gvj8ul35s3eYCm5RzbcsjxR71N4o4jbrOhOZNqtD2BR3r-eBFcjzEL6xEm5Wir9Ad7jwFzzCpycnrDE7tyhGguWmzfX4nKfMVrA7x04X3xbU3xKk7Iv21MKGoE2JBwWa6wOoegu8=w548-h974-no
It's awesomeness of which I can only describe as awesome!

I got a Lavatools Javelin thermo pen which is so needed in my household. I cook all the time and this tool is practically invaluable in my life and was missing from my kitchen. The missus was in charge of box duty and knew what was in the box and was so mad with me yesterday for not wanting to open it up. She wanted to use it for herself while making a pecan pie. I am using it tonight for my little young turkey breasts for our Christmas dinner.

I declare the breast meat will be moist and juicy. Tonight we feast so say FrsDvl so say we all! Amen :D

I'm glad to know the Kidrobots look good and are awesome. I'm so happy to have the Coon as part of my menagerie of desk figures. He will be right at home with others of his ilk.

To my TT I haven't heard from you and know your gifts were delivered. I know you haven't been around on NeoGaf in a while. I hope you find joy and happiness in the gifts I got you.

Merry Christmas to all and I hope you all have a blessed holiday this year.

kennah

Some beautiful gifts from my SS. Thank you so much for everything! I will be testing these whiskey stones tonight for sure. :)

Glad you like it. Having serious regret about sending Julie's Chocolate and not eating it myself ;) That chocolate was prepared 200m from my house. Yum.

8RspNWX.jpg

Thank you very much matthewwhatever!

I've always wanted to try Minecraft and my son has a cousin and a pal who do play, so he's pretty excited.

The LEGO is a great gift. I've been eyeing the Mighty Micros for a while now and you picked the ones I wanted out of the series!

Thank you very much and Merry Christmas!!! Secret Santa GAF is best GAF!

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
SdtHFXi.jpg

Thank you so much Gaiages! I really like the tongue-and-cheek hints you gave me (a Boyz II Men Christmas album and chrome press-on nails). My nerdy, abstract mind managed to put them together pretty quickly though.

8RspNWX.jpg

Thank you very much matthewwhatever!

I've always wanted to try Minecraft and my son has a cousin and a pal who do play, so he's pretty excited.

The LEGO is a great gift. I've been eyeing the Mighty Micros for a while now and you picked the ones I wanted out of the series!

Thank you very much and Merry Christmas!!! Secret Santa GAF is best GAF!

So happy you liked it all! I was really surprised you hadn't played Minecraft, so I figured between gaming and Lego, it was something you had to have.

Merry Christmas! :)

apologies for being late in posting, got my gift on Monday and opened it today and loved it

best card but fuck the Broncos, but :D they aren't winning the superbowl this season.
love these pokemon build things, will build them later tonight B^)
Gangar hype

thanks Von Miller ;p
OBJ will be taken care of ;)

sorry about Carr bro :( Pats vs Raiders AFC championship delayed to next year

BlueSteel

Lmao woops

Yoooo AlmostMilk, I don't know how you timed this perfectly, but this was such a great gift. I was actually in the championship game this week, and even though I had bad luck and got crushed, your gift has me feeling pretty good right now. I was so surprised. Out of left field in the best way possible.

Thank you so much!

apologies for being late in posting, got my gift on Monday and opened it today and loved it

best card but fuck the Broncos, but :D they aren't winning the superbowl this season.
love these pokemon build things, will build them later tonight B^)
Gangar hype

thanks Von Miller ;p
OBJ will be taken care of ;)

sorry about Carr bro :( Pats vs Raiders AFC championship delayed to next year

Glad you liked it and thanks for being a good sport 🙃. I had fun creating the card lol. But yes....in summary, fuck the broncos :D

Also, wanted to get you dragonite, instead of mewtwo, but it got lost in shipment :/. Have fun building!

I still feel guilty about having to go the amazon route so I'm glad you liked it :)
Both look like good reads so hopefully they bring some holiday cheer!

No worries they're great gifts, thank you!
Pleasantly got my package a few days ago from Fedex. Managed to resist tearing it apart.

Some really really lovely hard cover Fable's books! I've already read Fairest, but it was a borrowed copy, so be nice to have my own. Looking forward to reading Paper Girls - especially since I noticed it was Brian K Vaughn. Working on Saga right now, so this is super cool to get. Your girlfriend was right, and none of those treats are available in Canada - and some are quite questionable. We tried the 'mild' tamarind, and couldn't eat it, lol, so wary of the rest ;). Thanks for the local museum pamplets! Will google a bit.

Decent get this year, thanks again WascallyWabbit!

Now to wait for my TT to open and post theirs!

Brave of you to try tamarind first! Hope you and yours enjoy the rest of the treats

Merry Christmas neogaf

Vaco6121

That was me, sorry it wasn't a little more but if you see a couple of my other posts in this thread you will understand.

Also, Australia is a great place to visit but stay away from anywhere that isn't Queensland. ;-)

No worries, you could of just sent candy and I would of been fine with it.

Mieu

I'm intrigued with what I will get in the box. I hope I already have something in thr post office tomorrow.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dofVBQS.jpg[/IMG]

Ahh, I've wanted to try the Echo, thank you Septimus! I will also enjoy the pillow tonight!!

Lmao woops

Yoooo AlmostMilk, I don't know how you timed this perfectly, but this was such a great gift. I was actually in the championship game this week, and even though I had bad luck and got crushed, your gift has me feeling pretty good right now. I was so surprised. Out of left field in the best way possible.

Thank you so much!
I am glad you liked it! I saw the package got there on time but I'm not sure about the letter. No way of tracking that since it was separate.

Thank you so much best Secret Santa! I love the thoughtfulness that went into each gift. First, the book, which I have not read yet -- but plan to do so starting today. My hope is that it's a great book to give me hope on Christmas Day, which is the spirit of the season.

The Steam Gift card was also very welcome. There are a LOT of games on my radar, and I'll put this to good use over the next few days I'm sure.

Telestrations has already proven to be fun and will be more so once the rest of the fam arrives. Already planning a New Year's get together and this will be perfect to use with the cousins.

Finally, the Fry Sauce, or favorite gift of the box. I am really happy that you got me something from your childhood and combined it with food. I've never tried it, but I think I'm going to go get me some fries tomorrow and give it a whirl.

Thanks again for your wonderful, thoughtful and awesome gifts. May your Christmas be as wonderful as mine is -- and this goes for all of NeoGAF too. Thanks for a great year, and here is to an even better next year!

GVmZ4t3.jpg

I'm glad you liked it. I realized I didn't put my name after I taped the box. Oh well. Enjoy the fry sauce I hope you like it. Merry Christmas!

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dofVBQS.jpg[/IMG]

Ahh, I've wanted to try the Echo, thank you Septimus! I will also enjoy the pillow tonight!!
I'm glad you enjoy it!

The Echo is something I knew was awesome, and the pillow is a better version of something I saw someone else post in the best purchase for under $50 thread from a while back. Neither were on your list, though, so I was worried whether you'd like them.

Ronabo

My haul!

XeyQGWB.jpg

Thanks Santa!

I really love the gifts. I'd played Lover Letter before at GenCon but never bought one. The calendar is really nice. *murky4ife*

The Bengals throw is great! I have one from the 88-89 season (last Super Bowl appearance) that was the last present my Grandma bought me for my birthday before she died. So getting a new one is awesome!

Thanks again!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
About to post the list. I wanted to wait until the end of the day. Glad all went well!!

Secret Santa -------------------> Tiny Tim
SystemShark ----------> bPod
Sora_N ----------> Buzzbrad
valkillmore ----------> Dollar Yen
Buzzbrad ----------> matthewwhatever
Dollar Yen ----------> mf.luder
bPod ----------> Sora_N
matthewwhatever ----------> SystemShark
mf.luder ----------> valkillmore
SephiZack ----------> Deaf Spacker
PayOffWizard ----------> JonnyDBrit
Deaf Spacker ----------> PayOffWizard
TheOnlyOneHeEverFeared ----------> SephiZack
Wasp ----------> TheOnlyOneHeEverFeared
JonnyDBrit ----------> Wasp
mysocksarepink ----------> _woLf
PhoenixSFT ----------> AlmostMilk
One (1) Giant Size Novelty Sexual Device ----------> anotherVegan
PrimaNocta ----------> Armadilo
Supa Necta ----------> Arsenic Yellow
demosthenes ----------> Auron_Kale
painey ----------> backslashbunny (banned)
Lee Chaolan ----------> battousai11
Raife ----------> Beatofficer
grandjedi6 ----------> blitxkriege
AlmostMilk ----------> bluesteel
battousai11 ----------> br0ken_shad0w
Miletius ----------> Camjo-Z
infinitebento ----------> Chip N Chance
iRAWRasaurs ----------> DeathoftheEndless
Septimus Prime ----------> demosthenes
turtle553 ----------> digita1alchemy
Beatofficer ----------> DJ Lushious
backslashbunny (banned) ----------> dvdjamm
Camjo-Z ----------> Eye for an Eye
Photosynthesis ----------> Fracas
red_taiyaki ----------> friskykillface
NESpowerhouse ----------> gaiages
TheFlow ----------> grandjedi6
Ronabo ----------> GTI Guy
PaulExcellent ----------> ianswoody
Servbot24 ----------> Ifallelsefales
friskykillface ----------> infinitebento
JimJamJones ----------> Interface23
NandoGIP ----------> iRAWRasaurus
br0ken_shad0w ----------> Jhoan
ianswoody ----------> JimJamJones
Le-mo ----------> Kisaya
Arsenic Yellow ----------> krpiper
XxSlasherMcGirkxX ----------> Lee Chaolan
oatmeal ----------> Le-mo
blitxkriege ----------> littlegrasshopper
Shabadoo69 ----------> Miletius
Ifallelsefales ----------> mysocksarepink
GTI Guy ----------> NandoGIP
Fracas ----------> neonglow
gaiages ----------> NESpowerhouse
Pbae ----------> oatmeal
bluesteel ----------> One (1) Giant Size Novelty Sexual Device
_woLf ----------> OrlanisWorks
Pau ----------> painey
ShadowElliot ----------> Pau
DeathoftheEndless ----------> PaulExcellent
anotherVegan ----------> Pbae
DJ Lushious ----------> PhoenixSFT
Auron_Kale ----------> Photosynthesis
Jhoan ----------> PrimaNocta
OrlanisWorks ----------> Raife
Chip N Chance ----------> red_taiyaki
TriAceJP ----------> Retro4ever
dvdjamm ----------> Rkownage
krpiper ----------> Ronabo
The Cool One ----------> Septimus Prime
Kisaya ----------> Servbot24
Violence Jack ----------> Shabadoo69
Rkownage ----------> ShadowElliot
littlegrasshopper ----------> Supa Necta
Retro4ever ----------> Tedesco!
Armadilo ----------> The Cool One
digita1alchemy ----------> The Lone Courier
The Lone Courier ----------> TheFlow
Interface23 ----------> TriAceJP
Tedesco! ----------> turtle553
Vipershark ----------> Violence Jack
neonglow ----------> Vipershark
Eye for an Eye ----------> XxSlasherMcGirkxX
StaffyManasse ----------> Aiustis
joelseph ----------> Battersea Power Station
FrsDvl ----------> BeardyChan
Battersea Power Station ----------> brau
krae_man ----------> Cobalt Izuna
katsubento ----------> dreams
dreams ----------> Duo014
StayDead ----------> EuricaeriS
Spades ----------> fallengorn
Velinos ----------> FrsDvl
Noisepurge ----------> Gen X
Mieu ----------> Hjod
Duo014 ----------> Huw_Dawson
thebaroness ----------> I am Error
BeardyChan ----------> Jaimonster
John Blade ----------> joelseph
Reanimatoin ----------> John Blade
TehOh ----------> katsubento
wascallywabbit ----------> kennah
kennah ----------> kingocfs
Hjod ----------> krae_man
Jaimonster ----------> Lord Snow
Aiustis ----------> magnificent83
StaSeb ----------> Martin5000
YaBish ----------> Mieu
Tf53 ----------> mitheor
magnificent83 ----------> nny
Martin5000 ----------> Noisepurge
Huw_Dawson ----------> norm9
mitheor ----------> Nyrad
norm9 ----------> pettersson
pettersson ----------> Reanimatoin
Worthintendo ----------> Remk
TetraxShards ----------> Spades
I am Error ----------> StaffyManasse
brau ----------> StaSeb
UnluckyKate ----------> StayDead
Nyrad ----------> TehOh
EuricaeriS ----------> TetraxShards
Zeouterlimits ----------> Tf53
kingocfs ----------> thebaroness
Gen X ----------> Vaco6121
Vaco6121 ----------> Velinos
Remk ----------> wascallywabbit
Lord Snow ----------> Worthintendo
fallengorn ----------> YaBish
nny ----------> Zeouterlimits

So I just got my TT's package back in the mail, and It was sent back, but the slip had no reason on it. I checked FedEx and it was refused on Monday 12/19...

I messaged Nic about it, but I am not sure what to do, it won't get there in time now and I already shelled out $20 just to make sure it got there in time.

I'm really really bummed right now.

After seeing the SS list, looks like this was my problem.

I had to resend my SS gift earlier this week, but unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going to reach its destination until Wednesday of next week. I didn't have a name to send with the gift the first time, so I just wrote Tiny Tim. I figured with the correct address it wouldn't be an issue. I apologize for not thinking enough to get a name to go with it.

No worries, man. It was all my fault, so sorry! This was my first Secret Santa and I'll provide my full name for my SS next year. Plus, I was working, so I wasn't there. But I'll be waiting for it this week, can't wait!

Big thank you to digita1alchemy. Gave me a set of Fallout Nuka Cola drink glasses, NCR patch, Steam credit, and letter. Already put the glasses to you use, plan to sew the patch to one of my jackets, and have an idea to what games I'll buy on steam. Thank you again, it is one of the highlights of my Christmas.

Unfortunately I've yet to receive anything from my Secret Santa. I'm happy for those who got their gifts though. What a great time of the year!

brau

@StaSeb : Package is on its way. Should've been there on Friday according to the post office. Last i checked it said Monday or Tuesday now. I am hoping it gets there today, and everything is in order. Shipping international is a hit or miss with a weeks notice. Who knew?

Just now opened my gifts.

I love it. I love the plush mickey. He is not one I've ever had before. I worked at Disney World for two years, I had plenty to collect. My boyfriend just found me a larger steamboat willie plush that came from Hong Kong Disneyland, so now I can start on an original mickey collection. Something I haven't done yet.

The CD is cool too. I have a couple of cd's with a song or two from Fantasia, but not the whole thing like this. Fantasia is such a masterpiece of songs and animation. The Legacy Collection is just awesome.

StaSeb

@StaSeb : Package is on its way. Should've been there on Friday according to the post office. Last i checked it said Monday or Tuesday now. I am hoping it gets there today, and everything is in order. Shipping international is a hit or miss with a weeks notice. Who knew?

No worries! Am at my parents until wednesday anyway. Looking forward to it and hope you had a nice christmas and a great gift from your SS!

Cheers,
StaSeb

Nyrad

Seems like my TT's gift is hold in customs since the 19th.. :( i wonder what takes that long. At least the package tracking works...

nny

Will post when my Santa's gifts show too :)

I'm really sorry it didn't arrive yet, it should have been delivered before Christmas, but according to the tracking it took a whole week just to leave the country...:/

I feel bad posting about the presents I got before my TT gets his, but I really want to thank my dear Santa:

Two beautiful books! The LEGO book is massive and full of great pictures and information (and a set to build as well); and if we're talking about great pictures, what to say about the Earth+Space book? Gorgeous photo after gorgeous photo of space...mindblowingly beautiful. Thank you so, so much magnificent83! I hope you had a great Christmas! <3

Finally got some time to upload my pics.

As a foodie, these gifts are perfect! I heard good things about The Food Lab and I can't wait to read it. And definitely going for the kobe beef steak now that you gave me a gift card to help pay for it :D. Thanks Secret Santa
battousai11
!

Wasp

Thank you so much JonnyDBrit for my gifts!

A Zelda glass and Darksiders on PS4! I've always wanted to play the original Darksiders after trying the demo but never got around to buying it. Looking forward to getting stuck in soon! Thank you!

Thank you so much JonnyDBrit for my gifts!

A Zelda glass and Darksiders on PS4! I've always wanted to play the original Darksiders after trying the demo but never got around to buying it. Looking forward to getting stuck in soon! Thank you!

Worth making sure whether or not the glass is handwash only, but glad that you liked both gifts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom