• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

I got super busy at work and forgot all about this. I wore one of the sushi socks I got last year, which are awesome, and it got me wondering if it was happening again this year. I'd somehow missed it. Whoops. Next year. :(

Okay for my tiny tim
i wear a XL t-shirt
i like the color blue
i really like sonic the hedgehog, like really like sonic the hedgehog
currently gaming on a 3ds, ps4, and PC some games i'm lookning to get are
Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World, i'd like the amiiibo bundle
pokemon sun
dragon quest vii
bravely second
Final Fantasy XV
Deus EX Mankind divided
dishonored 2
titanfall 2
i'd love some sonic comics or whatever is good in general
plus books i'm started reading "a game of thrones" so maybe a clash of kings please.
or just throw caution to the wind and get the whatever the hell you feel like cause........ that's a lot i listed

Male or female: Male

Current occupation: Student (Computer Science)

Favourite Color: Green

Favourite Hobby: What is my favorite hobby??? Well it is traveling!

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, SF, N64, Japanese N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo 3ds, Nintendo New 3dsXL, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, Mega Drive(Genesis), Dreamcast

Favorite show/movie series/franchises: Right now: The walking dead

Favorite video game genre: Don't really hate any, so open for everything.

Favorite video game series/franchises : The Legend of Zelda (every game) and The Legend of Spyro trilogy!!!!

Do you collect anything: No not really

Personal about me:
For my Secret Santa. Just be creative! I love sweets from around the world and also love self made things. So if you are good at something like drawing, baking or other stuff you can send me something self made, I would really appreciate it :) !
And if you want to buy me something gaming related I have been living in Japan for 6 months and brought back a Japanese N64 and Super Famicom. Only games missing for these that I want to have are: some street fighter 2 version and Smash bros 64 (but don’t worry I don’t expect to get these :D)
Also one thing about me Secret Santa … I’m a little bit lazy so if you could make me less lazy that would be awesome

And to everybody. Merry Christmas!

bPod

Current occupation: Purchasing Analyst
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Hobby: Gaming & Collecting Sneakers (9/.95)
Consoles Owned: PS4, PS3, Xbox360 & Xbox One
Favorite movies or genres: Action, Comedy, Sci-Fi
Favorite show/movie series/franchises: Star Wars 4,5,6,7, Recent Star Trek, Marvel movies
Favorite video game genre: Adventure & FPS
Favorite video game series/franchises : Metal Gear, Call of Duty, Halo

I haven't been playing much, our baby boy has been taking all of my time :)
I started to collect sneakers again. Jordans, Nike, Adidas and Vans.
I like geek and nerd tech stuff,
I collect Funko Pops only of Batman
I wear size Large t-shirts

I'll update this page if i think of more.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I got super busy at work and forgot all about this. I wore one of the sushi socks I got last year, which are awesome, and it got me wondering if it was happening again this year. I'd somehow missed it. Whoops. Next year. :(

I was wondering where your name was after I finished up matches. Boo. Sorry you missed it!!

StayDead

Current occupation: IT Support

Favourite Color: Blue/Purple

Favourite Hobby: Gaming I guess!

Consoles Owned: SNES, N64, Wii, Dreamcast, Gamecube Wii, Wii U (JPN), Game Boy Colour, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, New Nintendo 3DS (JPN), PSP, PS Vita, PS4 and a Gaming PC.

Favorite show/movie series/franchises: Steins;Gate, Kantai Collection, Space Battleship Yamato 2199, K-ON.

Favorite video game genre: RTS, FPS (only really on PC though) and Platformers

Favorite video game series/franchises : Mario, Starcraft, Warcraft, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Overwatch

Do you collect anything: Nendoroids (I have a lot), Other Figures (Usually Max Factory/Goodsmile anime figures)

Personal about me:

Main hobbies include: Reading Manga, Playing Video Games and Watching Anime in Japanese (so no subs or translations) to help improve my reading and listening comprehension as I've been self teaching for about 5-6 years.

I don't really mind whatever you'd be happy to get me. My problem is whenever Christmases or Birthdays come up I oftentimes already have brought a lot of the stuff that I want when it first comes out, but there's also a lot of things that I may have wanted to buy, but never had the money. In terms of sweets and things I like most sweets as long as they've not got dried fruit or nuts in, because I'm not a fan of either of those. In terms of consoles, I'm from the UK so all my consoles are PAL. The only exceptions are my Wii U and 3DS as I imported them from Japan so I could play Japanese games.

This is my first year doing NeoGAF's secret santa, but on other forums I've apparently always been pretty easy to buy for, but the other forum I frequent I've been on there 9 years so we all know each other pretty well. Hopefully you don't have too much trouble buying for me, I somewhat wear my heart on my sleeve as it were when it comes to hobbies so I should be easy to research if you need to.

Velinos

Current occupation: Software Developer

Favorite Color: Blue

Favorite Hobby: Video Games

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, Wii, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Master System, Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, and a Gaming PC.

Favorite show/movie series/franchises: Ducktales, Star Wars, LOTR, Game of Thrones, TMNT.

Favorite video game genre: RPG

Favorite video game series/franchises : Mario, Zelda, Megaman, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest

Do you collect anything: Merchandise from Nintendo franchises, retro video games

Personal about me:

My main hobbies are video games, pinball, brewing beer, BBQ, and martial arts. If you are looking for gift ideas, handmade goods are always appreciated. I also like local goods such as coffee, beer, whiskey, etc. If you get really stuck here is my Amazon wishlist.

gaiages

Banned
Yay got my TT last night. Thankfully they have details so I don't have to relentlessly stalk them... Well, too much. ;) stalking is fun.

I think I'll do the same thing as last year, order the "main" gift on Amazon and send a smaller more personalized gift separately. :D

Shirt size: Large. If its a big large then a Medium.

Current occupation: Middle School Teacher

Favourite Color: Burgundy

Favourite Hobby: Gaming, Comics, Manga, Graphic Novels

Consoles Owned: NES, PS Vita, 3DS, Xbox One, PS4 Pro and Gaming PC

Favorite show/movie series/franchises: Marvel Agents of Shield, Breaking Bad, Parks and Recreation, Portlandia, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Your Lie in April, Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, The Walking Dead, Saga, Scott Pilgrim, Avengers, Dragon Ball Z

Favorite video game genre: Shooters, Fighting, RPG, RTS, Arcade Racers

Favorite video game series/franchises : Zelda, Mario, Final Fantasy, Halo, Gears,

Do you collect anything: Comics, Mangas, Graphic Novels, posters/wall art.

Personal about me:

Whoever is my secret Santa, surprise me. Have fun with my gift. I will be happy with whatever you get me. You don't need to buy me any video games. I tend to buy the ones I want to play. If you want to be creative with your gift then go for it. I love things that are hand drawn or made. I had a friend once draw me a photo of some of my favorite characters and it was awesome. Another friend made me a couch pillow and it was great. So if you want to go that route then go for it. If you are not that skilled then don't worry about. I love local goods such as candies, jelly, beef jerky and especially coffee. As I said I am easy to shop for me. Get me anything you think I would like and I will love it.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Sound off, SS Gaf. Would you rather get one freaking awsome gift, or a bunch of smaller gifts?

I figured I should put something on here since it would be hard to figure out anything about me from my posts. so good luck.

Male or female: male

Current occupation: dental software sales

Favourite Color: blue and black i guess grey too.

Favourite Hobby: video games and sports. I'm a huge utah jazz and denver broncos fan. I love going to movies. My wife and I like doing puzzles together. I have recently started working out more and trying to get more healthy.

Consoles Owned: PS4

Favorite shows: Friends, HIMYM, Silicon Valley, AHS, Survivor, Sopranos, Simpsons,
Favorite movie: top gun, fight club, shawshank redemption, Star Wars,

Favorite video game genre: RPG

Favorite video game series/franchises : Destiny, Uncharted, Mortal Kombat, Dishonored Overwatch Diablo mario Zelda pokemon

Destiny is by far my favorite game ever. Other than that I just like whatever looks fun and whatever my friends are playing.

Do you collect anything: I have a room dedicated to stuff I think is cool. Art from Comic Cons, I have every puzzle my wife and I have ever done on my walls, about 28 total. light sabers, funko pops, I usually get collectors editions so I have a lot of stuff from those. I have a magnet board with magnets of different places I have been to.

Personal about me: My shirt size is medium. I love sports and video games. I love going to movies in the theater. I have 4 dogs. I have been with my wife for 4 years (married for a year and half) she has 2 kids I consider my own. I love beer IPA especially and any type of whiskey. I hope this helps out a little. I'll try and come up with more stuff later.

TheFlow

Banned
Male

22 year olds

student

favorite color: Green(slytherin baby) and grey(silver)

favorite show: most sticoms and marvel television. Currently watching my favorite anime Haikyu.

favorite video game: persona 4, zone of the enders 2, pokemon.

I collect and read:

comics(eastern/western)(mostly a digital buyer.)
anime
movie buff(criterion and ect.)
Gunpla builder.
gym. I work out 5 days a week.

amazon wishlist: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/LVAWHUJ5UK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

GTI Guy

Am I supposed to wait for my secret santa to post info on themselves? I'm not sure if the person will and I don't want to wait till the last minute. How should I think about this? LOL

Miletius

Am I supposed to wait for my secret santa to post info on themselves? I'm not sure if the person will and I don't want to wait till the last minute. How should I think about this? LOL

You can, but they might or might not. It's probably best to do some GAF post stalking if you are nervous about what to get them. Seeing what threads they hang out in might give you a clue as to what they might enjoy as a gift.

Servbot24

Banned

In the past I've always had to stalk their posting history and come up with ideas based on that.

I just did a bit of post stalking, found a genre of things they liked and winged it.

yunbuns

Ah man, I didn't even know this was a thing. Definitely going to try and participate new year though. I hope everyone has fun!

tumblr_ng0hv0Rh3V1r48m1co1_500.gif

Just ordered and shipped my SS gift(s). My TT is getting spoiled this year.

Kisaya

Haven't checked GAF in a minute so I'm glad someone reminded me about Secret Santa. Got my TT and I'm going to start lurking since they haven't posted in the thread at all. Hope I can figure out what they like!

edit: oops my searching skills suck, found something!

Info about me for whoever has me 👀

I figured I should put something on here since it would be hard to figure out anything about me from my posts. I'm a random guy

Male or female: male

Current occupation: college student X supermarket stocker

Favourite Color: blue, red , black

Favourite Hobby: video games, Legos , movies/tv, collecting retro games

Consoles Owned: PS4 , Xbox one, Wii u , 3DS lots of retro consoles - snes, n64, dreamcast , ps1 , game boy

stuff id buy but haven't due to being lazy X at school/finals week coming up - Pokemon sun , final fantasy XV , battlefield 1

Favorite video game genre: RPG , platformers, shooters

Favorite video game series/franchises : pokemon , final fantasy , Mario, Mario kart , battlefield

Do you collect anything: I used to collect funkos X amiibos but stopped since I'm moving next year but they are always welcomed , was thinking of getting the cowboy bebop funkos at some point
Legos are still fun to build , just like when I was a kid, intend to buy the new Star Wars Lego sets but I'm focused on school right now

Personal about me: My shirt size is large. I do like video game clothing but depends what kind. I love sports and video games. Gift cards are always a good choice if you can't find something , I love them.
Hope you enjoyed reading this copy/pasted template 😎

Looks like I am gonna have to do some stalking for my TT. :)

OH, one thing for my SS: as I can't guarantee that your parcel would get delivered to my home address, my address is actually to my folks' place. I'll post in this thread when the parcel arrives, but most likely I'm gonna open it on Christmas Day at the earliest.

I like a little stalking. For me, wish list stuff makes things a bit it too easy. I like a challenge.

I'll be nice to my SS though, so here's some tips:

SFW only but fanservicey stuff is okay

Shirt size: S/M (men)

Hobbies: Cooking, reading, traveling, anime, or anything tech-related

Gaming: Xbox One - recently bought (only have Titanfall 2, Halo 5 & MCC, BF1, The Crew, and Forza Horizon 3), PS3 (search the_halokiller), and PC (http://steamcommunity.com/id/halokiller/)

Collections: figurines (anime or otherwise) <3 my GSC Ultimate Madoka

I'm also a foodie and love to try out your local snacks and beers

Jhoan

After looking through my TT's post history and taking extensive notes, I have a pretty good picture what they're about and what's important to them. I have some ideas that have been brewing in my mind. I don't want to dig through the entire post history but yet I can't stop. The rabbit hole goes deeper.

brau

I think i should try to make it easier for my SS and fill out that post template everyone is doing.

Current occupation: Artist

Favourite Color: Orange

Favourite Hobby: Books, Movies, Games, Family, the Outdoors. Lots of hobbies i think.

Consoles Owned: Currently plugged in i have the WiiU, PS4 Pro, XB1S and my PC.

Favorite show/movie series/franchises: Alien is my fav movie of all time. Hmm.. but i love so many. Mad Max Fury Road is one that i watch often.

Favorite video game genre: I play a bit of everything.

Favorite video game series/franchises : This is a tough one. MGS is one of my fav, Uncharted, Zelda (big fan), Mario. I really do play everything.

Do you collect anything: Some game collectibles. Starting to build a 4k movie collection of movies i think benefit from 4k. Just trinkets to decorate my desk at work i guess.

Personal about me:
Lets see.

Love art, games, movies, outdoors, travelling. Not sure what else to say.

Now to start looking for presents to my TT. :)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Space Battleship Yamato 2199.

As someone that grew up with the original cartoon in the early 80s I am now googling what this is about. It's not the same as that live action movie that came out about 4 years ago is it? I actually loved that movie and glad I managed to catch it on the big screen.

*edit*
The original show is 42 years old? 70s Japanese animation was awesome, Star Blazers (Space Battleship Yamato) and Battle of the Planets (Gatchaman) felt like grown up cartoons when I was 8 compared to what was going around on NZ television like Captain Caveman. Scooby Doo etc.

I feel old typing that :lol

Current occupation: Graduate Student in science field.

Favorite Color: Blue, black or red

Favorite Hobby: Video Games

Consoles Owned: Wii, Wii U, New Nintendo 3DS XL, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, and a Gaming PC.

Favorite show/movie series/franchises: Star Wars, LOTR, Game of Thrones, anime, etc

Favorite video game genre: FPS, jRPG.

Favorite video game series/franchises : Bloodborne, Souls series, Battlefield series,

Do you collect anything: anime figmas

Personal about me: Typically Gaffer :p. Shirt size is small. Frankly I think I will enjoy whatever I get since I appreciate the thought behind the gift alot more.

kingocfs

Will give my SS a bit of a break:

Shirt size: Medium

Current occupation: K-12 Professional Development

Favorite Color: Red? I guess?

Current hobbies: PC gaming, reading non-fiction books, listening to records, watching British TV shows...is drinking whiskey a hobby? That's something I do as well. Only on the weekends, though. I swear.

Consoles Owned: gaming PC

Favorite shows:

Favorite movies: ummm how about LOTR, Park Chan-wook, Rush Hour and indie films set in rural America. That about sums it up.

Favorite video game genre: Shooters, RPG, Action Adventure, RTS

Favorite video game series/franchises: Mass Effect, Halo, Civilization, Witcher,

Do you collect anything: vinyl records of traditional music from around the world

There are a few posters who are notoriously difficult to buy for. I say get as creative as you want! ;)

I read all the forms as they were coming in, there were a few who had me in cold sweats TBH.

Thankfully, I think I'm okay for who I actually got. Should hopefully get it sent out in the next few days.

Got my Tiny Tim! O'lord, it has begun!

Sorry, my great SS. I have been delayed, but here I am!

Shirt size: mostly medium. 100% cotton shirts are medium, mixes are size small

Current occupation: nothing relevant :p

Favourite Color: olive green

Favourite Hobby: Gaming, music production (FL Studio), comics

Consoles Owned: New3DS, PS4, PC (link)

Favorite show/movie series/franchises: Steins;gate, Lost, Marvel movies, Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop, Community, Studio Ghibli films, Star Wars

Favorite video game genre: Shooters, action-RPGs, point-and-click adventures

Favorite video game series/franchises : Grand Theft Auto, Mass Effect, Life is Strange

Do you collect anything: Comics (Sandman, Fables), vinyls for some "weird" music I enjoy, gonna start a Mayazaki blu-ray collection

Personal about me:

I really have been into producing music this past year, so there might be something there that can be real cheap, like shipping a flash drive with stuff on it. I'm okay with that kind of thing. For some more physical stuff: I got a few wishlists on Amazon here (http://a.co/7KglJRi) for ideas. I love surprises, so don't hesitate to go off the beaten path. Chances are: I will love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom