• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secret Santa 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh I have a problem, it appears that the Secret Santa order for my TT was split into two parts, the first part was delivered successfully but the second part was refused delivery at the same address.

The order is on its way back to the shop but WTF do I do? Do I PM an elf to tell my TT to accept anther delivery" I don't think he lives at the postal address full time but I'm confused as to why the first delivery was accepted but not the second.

I apologise if this indentifies me to my TT but obviously I'd rather they recieved all of their gifts.

You can PM your TT. By posting the problem in this thread it's visible to everyone anyway. So talking about the problem via an elf doesn't hide your identity if that makes sense.

It's not the end of the world if the TT knows his/her SS. This seems like a serious problem so I'd rather try to settle this.

Pau

Still need to make my post in this thread with some tips for my Tiny Tim. :eek:

Also, someone mentioned messaging SO's. To my Tiny Tim: If you're worried that I might already have the thing, you can PM Karkador on GAF. He's good at keeping secrets. :p

You can PM your TT. By posting the problem in this thread it's visible to everyone anyway. So talking about the problem via an elf doesn't hide your identity if that makes sense.

It's not the end of the world if the TT knows his/her SS. This seems like a serious problem so I'd rather try to settle this.

Yeah I've now PM'd them, hopefully it'll get sorted.

Sorry for the late reply SS.

Male or female: Male

Shirt size: Large

Current occupation: Logistics

Favorite Color: Dark blue

Favorite Hobby: Gaming, Sports (Basketball,Baseball, gym), Reading

Consoles Owned: PC,PS4,PS3,PS2,PS1, Vita, Xbox 360, Wii, N64, DS

Favorite show/movie series/franchises: TV: The Simpsons, Terriers, Gotham, Breaking Bad
Movies: Jaws, Major League, Waterboy, Tommy Boy
Music: The Black Keys, The Heavy
Sport teams: San Diego Padres, Clippers, Spurs

Favorite video game genre: RPG's, Sports, Shooters

Favorite video game series/franchises : Fallout: New Vegas, Red Dead Redemption, GTA 5, Uncharted, NBA 2K, MLB:The Show/MVP Baseball, Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Do you collect anything: I have a library of games but I wouldn't say I'm a collector

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think I've finished up with any questions via PM, but if I missed you or you're still waiting in something, shoot me another PM and I'll get on it.

ianswoody

Here is a little bit about me, SS!

Big sports fan. Love any sort of fun memorabilia/apparel. My favorite teams are as follows: Chicago Cubs, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Dallas Mavericks, Colorado Avalanche, Aston Villa (English football) and US Soccer. Shirt size = medium

Gaming-wise, I am starting to get into FIFA 17 Ultimate Team. It's been fun and a little bit challenging as well. Otherwise, I'm a big fan of turn-based strategy. My gaming time has been few and far between lately, but I love getting it in when I can. Here is my Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ianswoody/games/?tab=all

Otherwise, I'm a renaissance man when it comes to music and movies. Love a little bit of everything. Easy to please; happy with mostly anything. Happy shopping!

Raife

Very sorry for the late reply SS. It's been a crazy couple weeks.

Male

Shirt size: Large

Hobbies: Gaming. Snowboarding, Skateboarding, Comics, Candy

Consoles Owned: PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita, Wii U, 3DS

Favorite video game genre: JRPGs, Platformers

Favorite video game series/franchises: Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Zelda

I love portable gaming. My 3DS is probably my most played console this year. I'm a big fan of old school games. I also love hand made items, drawings, etc.

This will probably be useful for my Secret Santa!

I'm stealing this format. Sorry, Secret Holiday Gift-Giver for the late post.

Current occupation: Network Administrator
Favourite Color: Orange
Shirt size: XL
Favourite Hobby: Gaming, naturally. I am also a big movie buff.
Consoles Owned: All current generation systems and a PS Vita.
Favourite movies or genres: All of them. I love good movies!
Favourite show/movie series/franchises: Fargo, Teen Titans Go!, Star Wars Rebels, Mr. Robot, and StarTalk.
Favourite video game genre: Action/Adventure, FPS. Check my PlayStation trophy list for a better idea, as the range is pretty wide.
Favourite video game series/franchises : Metal Gear, Uncharted, Gears of War, The Last of Us.

Handmade goods are a good option. I'm known for my fun socks wardrobe. I love to road cycle, though now that is winter that's a no-go. I also love to cook.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
For my Secret Santa:

I'm pretty easy going. I don't really play too many games, and really I shouldn't be asking for any since I have a ton on Steam I should really get around to playing.

Random things I dig: Mr. Robot, Westworld, Twin Peaks, room escape games, ASOIAF, comics, cyberpunk, Venture Bros, board games, art & design...

Any arts and crafts you do would be cool. Any regional treats or foods would be awesome.

And every year I usually toss in that I love Miss Vickie's Sweet Chili and Sour Cream chips, which seem to only exist in Canada, BUT I got my fix in when I went to Vancouver earlier in the year. (Although, I wouldn't say no to a re-up.)

That should help some. Also, don't give me any t-shirts. I'm drowning in t-shirts.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
No surprises people opt for ordering gifts from the likes of Amazon when International postage is 150% the cost of an 800g package.

Lesson learnt for next year.

norm9

I assumed my TT was a size large and purchased item thinking bigger bettter than too small. But I was right! Sorry for the assumption anyways, GAF peeps.

Izuna

Banned
I got the perfect gift for my TT <3 hope they love it.

--

I'll use this format also (why not)

Current occupation: Uni Student (Networking)
Favourite Color: Cobalt
Shirt size: M
Favourite Hobby: Gaming and very long Skype/Line chats with my BFF, eating food
Consoles Owned: Xbox One, Xbox 360
Favourite movies or genres: The Parent Trap (1998), Matilda
Favourite show/movie series/franchises: A variety of things... I'm very diverse in my tastes, but I don't like SOAPS, Sports or Horror
Favourite video game genre: Action, probably
Favourite video game series/franchises: N/A

mf.luder

I'm bad for not updating a post.

I am a male.
I have a cat.
I have a PS4.
I love puzzles.
I own my own house.
I love spicy food.
I love sushi.
I love Lego Technic.
I have an iPhone.
I wear 2XL shirts.
I like tools.

To give my SS a little help if they haven't picked out something for me yet. I really prefer to get something fun and nerdy. I don't have high expectations from this but I would like some thought put into it. Just make it as fun to give as it is to receive.

Shirt size: Medium

Current occupation: Automotive Repair

Favorite Color: Green

Favorite Hobby: Gaming, Fixing up cars, Legos, Outdoor things.

Consoles Owned: Xbox One, PC

Favorite show/movie series/franchises:
TV: Doctor Who, Loony Toons, Old Top Gear/Grand Tour
Movies: The Lego Movie, The Matrix, Star Trek (Abrams)
Music: All forms of rock
Sport teams: Don't follow sports.

Favorite video game genre: Shooters, Action/Adventure

Favorite video game series/franchises : Halo, Battlefield, GTA

Do you collect anything: Don't collect too much, do enjoy getting some lego sets every once in a while.

Hjod

Banned
I think I'm done with my TTs gift now, just need to package it and send it, it should goout this week.

sorry to my SS, was on family vacation. I'm not picky and very easy to please. I'm happy with any unknown surprises.

male.
Own every modern console.
Love basketball.
Love Hiphop.
Love japan Culture.
Love movies.
XXL shirts.

nny

My Tiny Tim did not make this any easy for me, I got a good idea, I hope it's something he doesn't own already!

gaiages

Banned
My TTs gifts should be arriving Tues and Wednesday, respectively. Darn you amazon for splitting things up :p

Gonna send the final, more personalized mini gift tomorrow with like a billion other things. Darn you holidays!

Just ordered the bulk of my TT's presents though I hope to have all the presents wrapped and shipped out by the week's end.

Definitely had to do some sleuthing but I hope my TT enjoys the presents.

Just ordered the bulk of my TT's presents though I hope to have all the presents wrapped and shipped out by the week's end.

Definitely had to do some sleuthing but I hope my TT enjoys the presents.

Pretty sure you had me last year, if so whoever you got this year should probably slightly hype.

Pau

Sorry for the delay Tiny Tim!

Current Occupation: Student, Aspiring Data Scientist or Statistician
Favorite Color: Purple
Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U, 3DS, PS VITA, PC
Steam ID: themodernprometheus
Clothing size: S
Shoe size: Just don't get me shoes. :p
Favorite Alcoholic Beverage: Don't drink.
Favorite Hobby: Reading (Goodreads account)
Local Items: Magnets from local universities!
NSFW: No

If my posts aren't any indication already, I absolutely adore Batman's children. (Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Cass Cain, Tim Drake, and Helena Wayne.)

I collect Jolteon merchandise. :3

Anything specific you want or need:
The Compleat Discworld Atlas: Of General & Descriptive Geography Which Together With New Maps and Gazetteer Forms a Compleat Guide to Our World & All It Encompasses
Batgirl Vol. 1: Silent Knight
Batgirl Vol. 2: To the Death
Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying
Data Analysis with Open Source Tools: A Hands-On Guide for Programmers and Data Scientists
Doing Data Science: Straight Talk from the Frontline
Game Design Workshop: A Playcentric Approach to Creating Innovative Games

John Blade

I manage to get some item and put it in a big box. It's taking much longer than I expect but will hope the additional stuff I am getting should able to fill the box up quick so I can get it out before the end of the week.

Just a question here. They is something I use to play quite a bit when I was younger and notice my T.T might be interested in it. Is it okay if I give my games to my T.T even though it's use quite a bit and beat up? I know some people hate the idea of giving them a use item but this might be something which might fit the theme based on what my T.T say. Just want some guidance here and don't want to cheap out on the gift (as they will be more coming inside the big box.

Camjo-Z

Just a question here. They is something I use to play quite a bit when I was younger and notice my T.T might be interested in it. Is it okay if I give my games to my T.T even though it's use quite a bit and beat up? I know some people hate the idea of giving them a use item but this might be something which might fit the theme based on what my T.T say. Just want some guidance here and don't want to cheap out on the gift (as they will be more coming inside the big box.

I don't see the problem with it, who cares if a game is used as long as it works?

Camjo-Z

What if the game box have the wear and tear of what look like is been use quite a bit? Just asking but it will match well for the gift.

Well, if you're concerned they'll get the wrong idea you could stick a note in the box explaining that it's well-worn because you enjoyed it so much yourself.

Alright, got the presents bought and shipped for my Tiny Tim! If I had more time, I would have done something personal, but I have to work very early for the next couple of days! I will try even better next year! :-D

kennah

Maybe I'm in a minority, but I actually prefer getting used stuff to new. One year for Secret Santa I gave my TT a whole bunch of original GameBoy games.

What if the game box have the wear and tear of what look like is been use quite a bit? Just asking but it will match well for the gift.
There's a bunch of cool stuff that's no longer made. Plus if it's something special to you and you're willing to part with it, then your TT should feel extra special.

Vaco6121

kinda forgot to post this, hope it helps:

Male or female: male

Current occupation: IT installer for Mayo Clinic

Favourite Color:red

Favourite Hobby: video games, bar darts,

Consoles Owned: PS4, Xbox one, Wii U, 3DS, Vita, 360, PS3. Mainly play on PS4 and 3DS

Favorite video game genre: RPGs, but I play everything

Favorite video game series/franchises : final fantasy, persona, dragon quest, battlefield

Do you collect anything: Video merchandise, ie posters, and shirts

Personal about me: shirt size is large. Buy what you think would be a good gift. Amazon wishlist. You can also look at my steam/PSN profile to get an idea of what I like, both are Vaco6121.

All my gift are sent.

I just put in the post a super Uber duper cool card as well.

Hope my tiny Tim will like it !! =)
But no peaking before the day!

gaiages

Banned
Gah, I'm so mad! It was absolutely pouring when I had to walk to work today, so I couldn't bring the packages I needed to send (including my TT's final gift) :/ Now, a damn half hour later it's sunny as all hell and I'm still soaked. Bah.

I'll have to send it on Thursday instead. Sorry TT, it'll be a little late (you should know who you are today). Feel free to open the Amazon gifts when you get them, or you can save them for Xmas if you want, your choice! :D

Watching the shipping of my packages but I may require an elf to pass word along to my TT, since it may look like I'll have to ship my gifts in 2 separate shipments.

My TT managed to offer up more info over the weekend so I figured I could toss in something extra but the extra item may be slightly delayed.

Anyone able to lend a hand?

Thanks!

Watching the shipping of my packages but I may require an elf to pass word along to my TT, since it may look like I'll have to ship my gifts in 2 separate shipments.

My TT managed to offer up more info over the weekend so I figured I could toss in something extra but the extra item may be slightly delayed.

Anyone able to lend a hand?

Thanks!

Drop me a line friend (and anyone else who needs information/messages passed on)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I notice my Tiny Tim had listed their likes after I had bought them their pressie. Sorry, but I did wait a couple of days and was worried about international postage being slow, but I'm sure you will appreciate them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom