• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafbats Season 2: This time its poor.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Onion_Relish said:
yep i, wrong
derrp

You also could have responded to me on PSN in the 2-3 hours that you were online after I sent you a message. :p

kiryogi

Banned
Dat runback!

kiryogi vs God's Beard

1 - 2
2 - 0
0 - 2

God's Beard wins!

I gotta say our matches are pretty horrid tho lol. Lag so bad, and as I said in the message, I made sure there was no torrenting this time! Also, you're in Cali, we should be gold!

God's Beard wins over Kiryogi

2-1
0-2
2-0

Still pretty laggy, but I'm getting a new router soon and maybe that'll fix it? I'm in a new apartment and the internet is kinda iffy sometimes.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Ugh, all I want to do is destroy my next opponent. If he can't play but I can, what does that mean, points-wise? Obviously it would have went 2-0, 2-0 in my favor if we would have gotten to play.

notworksafe

OP said:
If you cannot play a match (due to connection issues or other circumstances) Report it. If only one player reports that player will get the win. if both players report it will be ruled a draw and both players will receive half-credit)
If he doesn't report that he can't play, full points to you.

Tansut

I've sent messages to cHaotix8 both on here and on PSN but I haven't heard back from him at all on either one. His profile says he was on here last night so I dunno what the deal is.

I've got time to play tomorrow or really late on Sunday night, but that's about it. :-/

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm hoping he gets his live account working correctly, I was looking forward to skunking him in a matchup that's in Dee Jay's favor.

Hycran V lyteedge

1-2
2-1
1-2

I guess we both squeezed some points out of this one, my brother came downstairs and was yelling at me about car keys and i ended up eating a last second ex kikkoken which cost me the round. Could have got the last set 2-0 but it was good shit nonetheless. I give myself props for doing ok while not having played the game due to deus ex ;)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lyte Edge Vs. Onion_Relish

2-1
1-2
2-1

Onion_Relish said:
I guess we both squeezed some points out of this one, my brother came downstairs and was yelling at me about car keys and i ended up eating a last second ex kikkoken which cost me the round. Could have got the last set 2-0 but it was good shit nonetheless. I give myself props for doing ok while not having played the game due to deus ex ;)

LOL, that last set was OMGWTF. You annihilated me in the first round, then it was a down to the wire time over in the second, then I destroyed you in the second. Total back and forth.

Enjoyed all three sets. Had a big smile after the second match especially. :)

Lyte Edge said:
Enjoyed all three sets. Had a big smile after the second match especially. :)

Yeah when i won the second set i got hype. It reminds me of why i play street fighter in the first place. I was like LETS GO, LETS GO. Chun li is a bad match up for bison, so hope we can practice later

Rocwell

What's the deadline for matches this week? The OP says Saturday at midnight but the brackets weren't posted until like Tuesday. I was matched with Aedile aka Hyperborean Exile aka Padslinger who only recently was able to move back into his home after the Hurricane. I said I'd be available to play him after work on Sunday but after I told him that I got invited to a barbecue so I'm going to do that instead. If we can play our match Monday, great. If not, I'll take an L or a draw or DQ or whatever.

Cheers.

Rocwell said:
What's the deadline for matches this week? The OP says Saturday at midnight but the brackets weren't posted until like Tuesday. I was matched with Aedile aka Hyperborean Exile aka Padslinger who only recently was able to move back into his home after the Hurricane. I said I'd be available to play him after work on Sunday but after I told him that I got invited to a barbecue so I'm going to do that instead. If we can play our match Monday, great. If not, I'll take an L or a draw or DQ or whatever.

Cheers.

Monday night.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
hey culinary Im at my mates place now and like 8 hours ahead, pllease keep in touch within that timeframe. send me a pm or just type something here

Tansut

GGs to you too, dude. Enjoyed the casuals we did for awhile afterward, even if I did only win like...two.

Hopefully that's the last I see of Dudley for awhile. I'm especially free to that guy, apparently.

rivals

rivals over MiniBossBattle
0-2
2-1
2-1

GGs dude! My Yang rust was showing bad those first few rounds. Even after that too I guess, feels weird playing him now.

Corky

Bah... Wish you were here Culinary, but my 10 hours are up and I'm gonna head home :(

rivals said:
rivals over MiniBossBattle
0-2
2-1
2-1

GGs dude! My Yang rust was showing bad those first few rounds. Even after that too I guess, feels weird playing him now.

I just felt sick that last round. Good games & frighting yang. . RanBats is too stressful for me. 0-3 for me :(

GooeyHeat

I have to drop out of the ranbat, because my Xbox is borked somehow. I can't stay online long enough to finish any sort of match. I think the storm did it. Sorry timedog, and sorry to all future opponents.

Looks like I'm still gonna be In the hunt after this week. Either at the bottom of Yang tier or top of the next tier. Prof beef and I are tied fir points not sure how that works.

Sorry man. My internet and PC have both been giving me shit this week. I just had to reinstall linux and my connection went haywire. I'm down to play now if you are in bed already and we miss the deadline then it's my fault I'll take the loss or however this works.

Corky

Well my date, culinary, isn't anywhere to be seen so I guess the game is not going off since we already missed my window.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I'll have to forfeit from the tournament Akuma. First time I've had to do so in... damn years. I've basically been on most F-GAF tourneys. Thing is I am having heavy connectivity issues, so I want to concede Arxin the victory.

I can't connect to him, and seeing from previous matches the lag is unbearable since I changed ISPs and I don't want to hinder the enjoyment of people because of it. So... there. I am out. Someone fill in for me perhaps?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Relix said:
I'll have to forfeit from the tournament Akuma. First time I've had to do so in... damn years. I've basically been on most F-GAF tourneys. Thing is I am having heavy connectivity issues, so I want to concede Arxin the victory.

I can't connect to him, and seeing from previous matches the lag is unbearable since I changed ISPs and I don't want to hinder the enjoyment of people because of it. So... there. I am out. Someone fill in for me perhaps?
I'll fill in for you

Relix said:

If you and your opponent made an attempt to play and your connection doesnt allow it all you have to do is have either 1. someone else host the lobby and if you still cant play with that 2. report in that it is an unplayable connection. such things are treated as a draw.

The deadline is midnight tonight. you have all afternoon and evening to play. matching i'm waiting for

XBL
Vice v Rbroge
Heavy's Sandvich v shaneB
Tashi v Takerx

PSN
Rocwell9 v aedile
zapages v vissione

Top Bottom