• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafbats Season 2: This time its poor.

El Sloth

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
I have a guy named Sloth112 on my friends list, is this you El Sloth? If not then let me know if you can play tonight. I'll send a message on Xbox Live in case you don't see this.
Yeah, that's me.

Rice Eater over El Sloth

2-1
1-2
2-0

The first match seemed fine then it got pretty laggy after that despite my connection to him saying 4 bars. Sucks that it had to be that way but nothing we could do at the time.

LakeEarth

Biosnake20, I'm good tonight and saturday afternoon, or Monday night to play. Friday, Saturday night and Sunday I am booked.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I've been on a ton without ever seeing semitry. PM when you're available. I'm available most of the time.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Rocwell said:
Rocwell over Lyte Edge

2-0
0-2
2-1

Phew, that's a tough match D:

Lyte Edge Vs. Rocwell

0-2
2-0
1-2

You were on FIRE tonight man, GGS. :) I felt "off" tonight after our ranbats. Did some random endless and lost in the same way I did to you in our endless, right when it came down to the wire I'd mess up and they'd take it, lol. Practice time again!

degen over (?) kevo_huevo
2-1
0-2
2-1

but...we tied. crazy match with random headbutts and me eating supers all fucking day.

Degen

kevo_huevo said:
degen over (?) kevo_huevo
2-1
0-2
2-1

but...we tied. crazy match with random headbutts and me eating supers all fucking day.
Every single round could not have been closer. I don't know how the last move in the last round even connected, lol

kiryogi

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
TToB / Kiryogi
2/1
2/1

Definitely gave me more of a run for my money this time, but damn I still suck at this game.

I continue to keep trying to rushdown Hakan. D: I think its the whole stigma that it's Hakan makes me feel like its easy pickings haha.

Cloudius12 said:
I hope my training has helped you.

lol i was wondering if you were giving him tips beforehand, because i think it did. first game i was more conservative and typical honda, and he got me. second game i said, fuck it, im going random as hell. third was a mixture of the two, but extremely close. you should have seen the craziness. probably one of the most ridiculous matches i've had.

kiryogi said:
I continue to keep trying to rushdown Hakan. D: I think its the whole stigma that it's Hakan makes me feel like its easy pickings haha.

You know what's worse?

Trying to play rush down with Hakan. :p

Hikaru drilled me with his fancy combos. My Hakan is not a tough nut to crack. Plus I get pissed too easily and that unsettles my focus during matches.

kiryogi said:

You can certainly rushdown Hakan (or at least TTOB'S Hakan) but you have to do it in such a way that he can't mash any throws if you drop an input or screw up a safe jump.

The other method is to just shower him with kunai.

hikarutilmitt said:
You can certainly rushdown Hakan (or at least TTOB'S Hakan) but you have to do it in such a way that he can't mash any throws if you drop an input or screw up a safe jump.

The other method is to just shower him with kunai.

I would really like to learn to play Hakan better, but this game really makes no sense to me. It feels like I'm setting everything I do in stone when I do it, and unfortunately Hakan is just an exceptionally bad choice for an unskilled player like myself.

BUT DAMN IS HE AWESOME TO LOOK AT! :D

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
virtuoso88 said:
I'll be on tomorrow night, lets try then.

Oh, c'mon, you have to give me a time period, my dude. I'm not going to sit there waiting for you for 5 hours.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Ugh, my guy made plans to play tonight and then bailed. How can you not have 10 minutes of time to play a couple matches?? Whatever.

I really don't think I should have to take 2 points when I've been online every single day at multiple times per day and he's been online NEVER. Hopefully we can play before the week ends, but this is pissing me off. I'm gonna fucking body every motherfucker that I run through but nobody gives me the chance.

Morro! said:
GGs

I got blown up :( ... I was doing way better on the salty runbacks. I choke so hard under pressure.

I'd hardly call it. Blown up. I won the last round on pure chip damage. Stop trying to dp my meaty stomps though that shit is fray. But yeah the runbacks were a bit more even. I barely won 3-2 but it ciuld have gone either way. Written on my phone so dont mind the errors.

Timedog said:
Ugh, my guy made plans to play tonight and then bailed. How can you not have 10 minutes of time to play a couple matches?? Whatever.

I really don't think I should have to take 2 points when I've been online every single day at multiple times per day and he's been online NEVER. Hopefully we can play before the week ends, but this is pissing me off. I'm gonna fucking body every motherfucker that I run through but nobody gives me the chance.
if your opponent makes no attempt to post or matchup with you thats when you get 4. when you both try and fail then you get the draw.

Timedog said:

We schedule 11pm last night, something came up so I wouldn't be around an xbox. I let you know, today will be rough but I'm free all day Sunday. And I have tried at least once, when you told me you were on, I signed on, you were away, never took the invite and logged of. We'll get it in though, don't fret!

Top Bottom