• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafbats Season 2: This time its poor.

kiryogi

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
Believe Sloth, BELIEVE!
When are we gonna go at it sir.

Oh and. . . Look forward to this.

220px-Kunai05.jpg

+

rain.jpg

:D

kiryogi said:
When are we gonna go at it sir.

Oh and. . . Look forward to this.

220px-Kunai05.jpg

+

rain.jpg

:D

2zrhw80.jpg

+

ehcc42.jpg

Shot you a message on IRC. No reply. Going to hit the sack.

Sorry.

Hopefully my countersink bits will surface tomorrow. They were delivered, but I couldn't find them in any of the mail repositories. :(

Rocwell

GGs sir.

I figured i was gonna blow it after I botched the game winning ultra in round 2 of the 3rd game. I didn't but I sure as hell would have deserved it x__x

I'd love to see the match between godhand and aedile. Hoping aedile takes it 2-0 2-1 so that i've got a chance to get in dere, but i'm not holding my breath. As long as I hold my own in my next two matches, i've got a shot at the top. Can't ask for much more than that.

Ow i just hurt my foot celebrating in ranked. Fucking balls. Thats what I get for getting up and taking a picture of my PP mid match :S

Almost top 100 bison, 4548 in bp

edit: officially number 100 bison yesss. Gonna hit 10k and retire after gafbats. I've got other games to play and other things to do. I knew the ssf4 points were way bigger, but i realised just how big of a discrepancy there is between top 100 bison in ae and in ssf4. In reality, me getting to 10k is a waste of time and really proves nothing. Sure i've gotten a lot better by playing and beating so many good players, but i'll never beat any high level tournament players. Hell, i've only been in one tournament. Just a big waste of time...

vulva

Rocwell said:
GGs sir.

I figured i was gonna blow it after I botched the game winning ultra in round 2 of the 3rd game. I didn't but I sure as hell would have deserved it x__x
I did a lot better than I thought I would. My mind's totally elsewhere, real life crashing down hard over the past day =\.

That said, you totally deserved the wins. All my wins were mashed out idiocy. Congrats =) GG

Aedile

Onion_Relish said:
I'd love to see the match between godhand and aedile. Hoping aedile takes it 2-0 2-1 so that i've got a chance to get in dere, but i'm not holding my breath.

Immortal and I played in Week 0. I dropped a round then and some others were very close. Plus I think he said that he was working on the matchup. Sweeping isn't even on my mind; I just hope I come out with the win... because I get salty as all hell when I'm playing seriously and I lose.

Imm0rt4l

Aedile said:
Immortal and I played in Week 0. I dropped a round then and some others were very close. Plus I think he said that he was working on the matchup. Sweeping isn't even on my mind; I just hope I come out with the win... because I get salty as all hell when I'm playing seriously and I lose.
Yea its a matchup I've never been fond of, and I asked hyrcan to help me with that a few weeks ago, unfortunately he wasn't really top of his game at the time, maybe we can get our matches in tomorrow if not the following day.

Onion_Relish said:
edit: officially number 100 bison yesss. Gonna hit 10k and retire after gafbats. I've got other games to play and other things to do. I knew the ssf4 points were way bigger, but i realised just how big of a discrepancy there is between top 100 bison in ae and in ssf4. In reality, me getting to 10k is a waste of time and really proves nothing. Sure i've gotten a lot better by playing and beating so many good players, but i'll never beat any high level tournament players. Hell, i've only been in one tournament. Just a big waste of time...
Me and you going to need a rematch cause your bison is fray ;p

Kioshen

Lyte Edge said:
Kioshen, I'll be available to play starting tomorrow.

Allright. I'll try to be on psn/irc from 7pm to 9pm eastern. If you can't swing by let me know via pm and we'll work something out :).

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lyte Edge vs. Kioshen

2-1
2-0

Round one of the first match was a double KO, lol. Loved that!

My thumb was bothering me when we played...I blame playing SSF4 3D on 3DS! Don't know if it came across that way during out match, but I was having such a hard time getting axe kicks out, lol.

Really past time to get a stick.

hikarutilmitt vs Morro!

1-2
2-1
0-2

I was way too free that last match. D:

And I swear to god I kept trying to agamen those jumping elbows and it didn't work until later!

10K Bison has arrived. 92nd in the world in ae (ps3) top 6 in Canada

I could keep going, but i've wasted my life enough. The last match was good but not really that difficulty. Had a decent blanka message me before the match and say "i've won 33 straight". His BP/PP was about 2300 each, so i wasn't too scared. Sure enough, a bunch of lame gimmicks and frame traps. Put him in his place with meaty stomps and good poking. Sent him a nice message after as well

"33-1"

Got the picture of my rank, maybe i'll go a bit higher down the line when UPPER comes, but for now, get at me bison bros.

Kioshen

Lyte Edge said:
Round one of the first match was a double KO, lol. Loved that!

My thumb was bothering me when we played...I blame playing SSF4 3D on 3DS! Don't know if it came across that way during out match, but I was having such a hard time getting axe kicks out, lol.

Really past time to get a stick.

It was a really funny event indeed. I did notice that you weren't linking ex legs after hazanchu but hey I wasn't in top shape either since the only time I play Yang now is in the ranbats matches.

Sticks are pretty easy to get nowadays. DO EEEEETTTTT or face the wrath of Saty

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Onion_Relish said:
10K Bison has arrived. 92nd in the world in ae (ps3) top 6 in Canada

I could keep going, but i've wasted my life enough. The last match was good but not really that difficulty. Had a decent blanka message me before the match and say "i've won 33 straight". His BP/PP was about 2300 each, so i wasn't too scared. Sure enough, a bunch of lame gimmicks and frame traps. Put him in his place with meaty stomps and good poking. Sent him a nice message after as well

"33-1"

Got the picture of my rank, maybe i'll go a bit higher down the line when UPPER comes, but for now, get at me bison bros.

You did it, might as well stop and "retire" to Endless. It's better there anyway. I got Chun to 10,000+ in SF4. Don't think I got that high on either system with SSF4 and stopped in the 7000-8000PP range, IIRC, although I have hit 10,000+ on SSF4 3D Edition (no way around ranked matches in that version!)

With AE I don't even bother with ranked. Have a couple hundred points on PC and PS3, and 0 on 360. Although I do like that ranked will let you play a bunch of random players much faster than in endless...

rivals

Sent -Mikey- a message the other day, haven't heard back yet. Hit me up soon! My weekend's a little up in the air but I have some stretches where I'll be around and can get our matches in.

El Sloth

Banned
So, my 360 just red ringed on me. I think I may still be able to participate in the ranbats though.

The times I can play will just be shorter.

rivals

rivals vs -Mikey-
1-2
1-2

ggs dude! The lag was a little bad but it happens. I switched to Fei right around when the gafbats started so my Yang is pretty trash now, but damn do I love playing that mirror.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
rivals said:
-Mikey- over rivals
2-1
2-1

ggs dude! The lag was a little bad but it happens. I switched to Fei right around when the gafbats started so my Yang is pretty trash now, but damn do I love playing that mirror.

You didn't write down your results in the right format.

jdub03

Tashi0106 let me know what time tomorrow we can get our matches in. Early afternoon would work for me. If not we can try on sunday.

Aedile

ps3 gafbat:

HyperboreanExile over GODHAND04

2-1
2-1

Immortal switched things up a bit and damn near perfected me one round. Pretty much every other round was very close, with a few one-hit-wins-it-either-way. gg.

notworksafe

_dementia, I'll be busy most of today with work and getting my Poison stick finally all wired up but I'm down to play whenever tomorrow or Monday. Just let me know.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
LakeEarth, sorry about not being around. Have been busy most of the day as I am working on a project, but perhaps later in the night? Just let me know.

notworksafe said:
_dementia, I'll be busy most of today with work and getting my Poison stick finally all wired up but I'm down to play whenever tomorrow or Monday. Just let me know.
K sent you a friend req. I'll be on tomorrow at this time.

LakeEarth

Relix said:
LakeEarth, sorry about not being around. Have been busy most of the day as I am working on a project, but perhaps later in the night? Just let me know.
How's tomorrow afternoon? Sorry my evenings are usually filled on the weekends.

Aedile said:
ps3 gafbat:

HyperboreanExile over GODHAND04

2-1
2-1

Immortal switched things up a bit and damn near perfected me one round. Pretty much every other round was very close, with a few one-hit-wins-it-either-way. gg.

Well damn if that don't make things interesting! Everyone nice and snuggly near the top. Looks like matchups are even more crucial as to who will come out on top!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
LakeEarth said:
How's tomorrow afternoon? Sorry my evenings are usually filled on the weekends.

What time? I'll be hitting the beach with some buds, but I can go out early just to make it to the tourney fight :p!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Apparently Eissan changed his XBL account and username that he gave at the beginning of the ranbats for some reason so I wasn't able to play him during our scheduled time due to not knowing the correct username.

kiryogi

Banned
When it rains, it pours!

kiryogi vs TToB

2-1
1-2
2-1

Ibuki wins! Vengeance is mine! Bring an umbrella next time. :D

8922514-vector-silhouette-of-the-gentleman-with-umbrella-on-white-background.jpg

LakeEarth

Relix said:
What time? I'll be hitting the beach with some buds, but I can go out early just to make it to the tourney fight :p!
I don't want to ruin anything. I'm ready now, but if you can't just post a message when you get back. I am doing something after 7pm EST though.

Worst comes to worst I can play tomorrow night too.

Top Bottom