• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafbats Season 2: This time its poor.

Kioshen

LakeEarth said:
To whomever I'm facing this week. I have Canadian thanksgiving this weekend which means I will be unavailable after Friday cause I'm going to my parents house. Please, please lets have this match in the next 3 days.

Same thing for me except that will be out of town/internet for the whole week-end starting this friday right until monday night.

FUCKIN' E.HONDA!
LLShC.gif

Kevo, you and me must fight!

Tansut

Kiryogi has been PMed.

Edit: Oh shit, the matchups got changed. PMing someone else then!

Edit edit: The Take Out Bandit has been messaged!

...ok. 2 things

1. Definitely the last time I am doing a ranbat like this. I dont want to deal with doing all of this alone. If I run another i'll need someone to help me along (at least 1 extra person per console involved)

2. I am thankful for everyone that stuck around and did what they are supposed to yall good peoples

Professor Beef said:
I was hoping to fight a Dudley, since I'm at least comfortable in that matchup. Oh well, time to find some Hondas online and hope they're good.

free honda vs. free hawk

i've got prior engagements all weeknights, so we'll have to play sometime over the weekend if that's cool.

AkumaHokoru said:
...ok. 2 things

1. Definitely the last time I am doing a ranbat like this. I dont want to deal with doing all of this alone. If I run another i'll need someone to help me along (at least 1 extra person per console involved)

2. I am thankful for everyone that stuck around and did what they are supposed to yall good peoples

I'd be happy to help with the PSN side.

AkumaHokoru said:
...ok. 2 things

i appreciate all the work you've been doing to get the ranbats running. it definitely isnt easy running a tourney in person, but to do this every week must be really taxing.

Morris

Disco Devil
I gotta play Hycran again!?

Oh god I hate the Duds - Bipson matchup. A duds mirror with Chaotix would have been cooler :c

AkumaHokoru said:
...ok. 2 things

Props to you, 'kuma. When you run the next season, I volunteer to help. Feel free to delegate if things get to be too much. We're all here to help, man.

PM replied, notworksafe. Let's. Get. It. On.

Tansut said:
Kiryogi has been PMed.

Edit: Oh shit, the matchups got changed. PMing someone else then!

Edit edit: The Take Out Bandit has been messaged!

Good lord.

After the ass beating Tansut gave me after the ranbat, I'm sure he's wondering how we ended up with these results:

TToB / Tansut
1 / 2
2 / 0
2 / 1

Good games man.

I got an impacted a-hole full of Oni now. :p

Tansut

Dem magic pixels... :( :( :(

I don't even know what I was thinking. All I had to do was just lame you out and force you to do something. But no, I had to try shit against a Hakan with no health because I'm an idiot. I think that may have frazzled me a smidge going into the third round.

Also, I had NO idea you switched Ultras the second set until you got me with it. That moment pretty much went like this in my mind:

"Well that was dumb, trying to do a random Ultra II on me! Since I'm not jumping or walking toward him I'll be fine, so now let's decide what's the best way for me to puni--OH SHIT WHY IS HE HUGGING ME NO FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIII--"

Good games at any rate!

notworksafe said:
Wait its 7v8 again? _dementia! It's a repeat of last week...EXCEPT THIS TIME I'M 10X MORE DEADLY!
I can get on Thursday night or Friday night. If I'm on Dark Souls just PSN message me and I'll switch.

jdub03

SolarKnight said:
jdub, I'd REALLY prefer if we could do this tonight.

I have a test I'm studying for but if you really want to get it done tonight I can hop on. I usually get home around 730 est.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lyte Edge Vs. Kioshen

1-2 Kioshen
2-0 Lyte
2-0 Lyte

GGs, you came off much stronger than last week and shut down those axe kicks!

Floyd I'm on right now till 8 pst

Edit
Hycran v Floyd
2-1
2-0

I totally lost my head in that second round, trying to fadc with one bar. Ate a fucking nasty combo into super for the loss. Good shit otherwise. The reason i'm so comfortable with the match up is due to Floyd so its a bit of a Shitty deal when the character matchup is so bad.

Now all I need is for some good luck to shoot me to the top of the charts.

yo notworksafe I'm gonna be working an all-nighter tomorrow I can play Friday night, sat night, or sun morning. I'm gonna be on for a bit right now, as well.

notworksafe

Writing this from a hospital bed right now. I got hit by a truck on my motorcycle today and broke my hip.

The doctor said I'm going to be in the hospital until at least Tuesday, so I'm gonna miss this week's match. Sorry, the_log_ride. :(

notworksafe said:
Writing this from a hospital bed right now. I got hit by a truck on my motorcycle today and broke my hip.

The doctor said I'm going to be in the hospital until at least Tuesday, so I'm gonna miss this week's match. Sorry, the_log_ride. :(
oh man, that sucks. Get well!

notworksafe said:

Holy fuck, man. I'm glad you're alright.

notworksafe said:

Holy damn. Get better dude! :(

El Sloth

Banned
notworksafe said:

Damn, son. :(

Tansut

notworksafe said:

Cripes! That's....awful. :(

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Kioshen

Lyte Edge said:
GGs, you came off much stronger than last week and shut down those axe kicks!

Yeah I worked a little more on my weaknesses and didn't try to do anything fancy. Unfortunately I lost my gameplan after the second game because I couldn't adapt fast enough but those were good games. Thank you for the feedback :).

@notworksafe

Damn that sucks ! Hopefully you'll have a swift recovery.

notbikesafe said:

WHAAAAT?! :O

Now that your Ultard meter is charged you should sue and get some money. Assuming you have all your legal ducks in a row.

Maybe the doctors will give you a bionic eye like Juri?! :O

notworksafe said:

:( I hope you have a speedy recovery

Top Bottom