• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafbats Season 2: This time its poor.

Imm0rt4l

Onion_Relish said:
Me Vs Godhand

The ultimate fight
our battle is at hand son
get ready to eat feet

edit: also, how do people with the same scores get allocated? I'm ahead of Kevo, which is fine, just curious.
Looks like it isn't the case, I have to fight padslinger and you fight kevo.

LakeEarth

Relix said:
I haven't fought LakeEarth in eons. Should be good.

Goddammit I hope it doesn't lag XD
Ooh this should be good. We've run into each other in ranked and I think you have the winning record. I'm good anytime after 7pm EST today or tomorrow if that works for you.

rivals

-Mikey-, it's you and me. Let me know when you're around, I'm available most of today, any evening this week (usually like 4-10 PST) and all weekend.

kiryogi said:
What. The. Hell.

OIL MAN YOU'RE UP!

This time you're really going to go down.

Gah! Ibuki again?!

I didn't sign on for this ninja nonsense! >:|

The hardware to repair my stick is in the mail. I'll be up and running shortly after it arrives.

I'll see if my PS2 stick w/ PS3 adapter will do in the meantime.

Axis

SolarKnight said:
Well, looks like my match just won't happen, even if Axis gets here before midnight I can't play until tomorrow now =/
lost power completely on monday afternoon until about 3 hours ago. sorry :/

kevo i'm on right now probably until about 9-930 pst
otherwise ill be around early tomorrow in the afternoon and much later at night <3

Dark Phoenix said:
Usually I'm available to fight after 10 pm central because of work, on Thursday I can fight whenever.
Not sure if I can play today, definitely be able to do Wednesday at 10 pm central time, if Wed doesnt work for you, Thursday is good for me too.

kevo_huevo said:
yo, i'll be on at 9..too late for you?
NAW IGGA
i'll be on 9 pm pst sharp. Then i gotta go after our match

edit: that is, i'm playing right now so whenever you get on between now and then is solid

Rice Eater over SolarKnight

2-0
2-1

GG, we played a long casuals afterward. I had the perfect ending for our last match but noooo, somebody had to use Guy's EX jumping thingy on wake up.

Rice-Eater said:

2-0
2-1

GG, we played a long casuals afterward. I had the perfect ending for our last match but noooo, somebody had to use Guy's EX jumping thingy on wake up.

profound
bad
ness

kidding. Glad you got to win finally. You got some pretty bad matchups back there, now you movin on up son

Rice-Eater said:

2-0
2-1

It was my revenge for that perfect on that last match! XD God, that made me SO salty, had I done Hozanto faster (or the M version) I have the feeling the second set would've been 1-2.

Hycran over Kevo Huevo
2-0
0-2
2-1

Real game of super mindgames. I've never had such a strategic push and pull. First games my poking and occasional aggression and there wasnt much he could do. Second game he got a lead and really read me right every time i tried to make up the life difference with hondas ex headbutts and buttslams, got my ass whooped big time.

Last match, i grabbed the first round with my strategy, he grabbed the second round with his again and again we were down to the nitty gritty. I really hid my aggression until i needed it and with about 18 seconds left the match was a bit too far for him to catch up to. Neither Bison nor Honda can really make up a 50% life lead in that little time minus the ultra. I successfully ran away and held my own until time ticked off. Really pulse pounding games. Casuals after were lolz too.

Onion_Relish said:
Hycran over Kevo Huevo
2-0
0-2
2-1

Real game of super mindgames. I've never had such a strategic push and pull. First games my poking and occasional aggression and there wasnt much he could do. Second game he got a lead and really read me right every time i tried to make up the life difference with hondas ex headbutts and buttslams, got my ass whooped big time.

Last match, i grabbed the first round with my strategy, he grabbed the second round with his again and again we were down to the nitty gritty. I really hid my aggression until i needed it and with about 18 seconds left the match was a bit too far for him to catch up to. Neither Bison nor Honda can really make up a 50% life lead in that little time minus the ultra. I successfully ran away and held my own until time ticked off. Really pulse pounding games. Casuals after were lolz too.

kevo_huevo loses to Hycran/Onion_Relish
0-2
2-0
1-2

Good summary of the match. I got bodied the first game. I think I was trying too hard to play the matchup instead of trying to impose my fighting style (second game). I was trying to make it a turtle fest when that's not my game; I like to get in there with hands pressure and making good reads, and taking chances on somewhat unsafe wakeup options.

Third game was pulse-pounding. I let the last round get away from me, because I felt comfortable sitting on a full super to begin the round. Before I knew it, you built the life lead on smart pokes and a couple of well placed tick throws. I got all the high execution characters that I don't know how to play in random casuals :(

I just got my Qanba Q4 a couple hours ago, and what a way to break in my new fightstick!

I had to get this off my chest.

The culmination of the two greatest characters in Street Fighter history:

rmikan_s.jpg

!

kevo_huevo said:
I just got my Qanba Q4 a couple hours ago, and what a way to break in my new fightstick!

How is that stick? I've considered buying it about 8 trillion times. I would like to play in local tourneys but they are all xbox only. Don't want to be a chud and have to always borrow a stick. Any lag between playing different consoles?

I am not available today. I will be available all day tomorrow and friday the weekend as it stands is unknown. whenever you are ready you can join the irc channel and send me a message if i'm home and i see it i'll respond.

Top Bottom