• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GafBats Season 3: SSF4 AE 2012 | 9 weeks of getting bodied!!

I'll play TToB. Pick whoever you want in this old-ass pos game.

Beef, let's set some shit up. Who's in the top bracket anyway? You, KevoHuevos, and me. Triple threat match. No items. Final destination.

edit:
LOL at Kevo also saying triple threat match.

I want to play now. Let's get this road on the show.

I'll play TToB. Pick whoever you want in this old-ass pos game.

Beef, let's set some shit up. Who's in the top bracket anyway? You, KevoHuevos, and me. Triple threat match. No items. Final destination.

edit:
LOL at Kevo also saying triple threat match.

I want to play now. Let's get this road on the show.

I'm down to do a round robin or whatnot to determine the true PSN champ (aka me). Maybe this time let's not character lock it. I wanna get dem troll wins with dee jay.

DigiMish

So, it's over - just like that?

Since this is season 3, how did you guys deal with these problems in the previous seasons?

So, it's over - just like that?

Since this is season 3, how did you guys deal with these problems in the previous seasons?

There weren't that many dropouts, nowhere near as many. There were more "regulars" in that season anyway. I had to cut the roster down to half it's original intended size on both platforms. People weren't answering their pm's and so forth. It would have only gotten worse this month with X-Mas around the corner.

Also, people can use the GafBats as a way to have getting to know others and play them on their own time. For the PC folk (PS3 guys use it every now and then), most the high level players are always in the irc chilling and willing to play. Whether you decide to use or no to use that tool of communication is up to you.

Someone else can form a tournament/ranbat/round-robin that they think will work. Good luck to them!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Who's in for a Round Robin? I can set it up for this weekend or next, since i know some will be in finals. Also... money matches? Money matches!

jlai

Previous seasons required only 1 match to be played per week, so I guess maybe our optimism that assumed people could find time for 2 matches per week got the best of us.

If anyone wants to take over the reigns I'd be happy to hand over the Google Doc to you to edit. Myself and BV were just tired of tabulating the scores week to week when there were so many dropouts/no-shows.

Previous seasons required only 1 match to be played per week, so I guess maybe our optimism that assumed people could find time for 2 matches per week got the best of us.

If anyone wants to take over the reigns I'd be happy to hand over the Google Doc to you to edit. Myself and BV were just tired of tabulating the scores week to week when there were so many dropouts/no-shows.

School is somewhat dying down, so I guess I could take the reigns. I will be ruthless.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ah well. Thanks to everyone who participated and didn't drop out like little bitches after ignoring PMs, posts, and PSN/GFWL messages. Thanks for trying BV and jlai. I had fun and it got me playing SF again.

A big FUCK YOU to the people who ruined this. It's understandable if you just don't have the time, but there's no excuse to sign up and then be a no-show without at least giving the common courtesy of announcing that you're bowing out. :p

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
This is why only active members of Fighting GAF should join :p. Besides, the rest of them are fodder *snickers*

thx jlai

updated ps3 side with what info I had lol

GafBats Season 3: SSF4 AE 2012 | 4 weeks of ill communication and inability to set up matches!!

I'm gonna be busy today and tomorrow, so I'm gonna say it now before I forget. If you are still interested in playing, repost your GAF name and system you're playing on. This is also your final opportunity to drop out.

Anyone who does not do this will be considered dropouts. If you don't think you can commit to the next few weeks, then don't bother posting. The deadline is Thursday at Noon, PST.

The clock is ticking.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm gonna be busy today and tomorrow, so I'm gonna say it now before I forget. If you are still interested in playing, repost your GAF name and system you're playing on. This is also your final opportunity to drop out.

Anyone who does not do this will be considered dropouts. If you don't think you can commit to the next few weeks, then don't bother posting. The deadline is Thursday at Noon, PST.

The clock is ticking.

Maybe it might be better to just drop this ranbats and start a new one in January....one match per week and gauge interest in the game for PC, PS3, AND 360 again. Let the people who want to play on multiple platforms do so. People just seem to be too busy right now.

DigiMish

SovMish - PSN

I can also play on PC, but I didn't really enter the tourney - so that would probably put me at the bottom of the ladder.

kevo_huevo PSN kevo_huevo

uhh..this still counts since i got in before beef could make a follow up response to his all-tomato ultimatum

no character lock!

kevo_huevo PSN kevo_huevo

uhh..this still counts since i got in before beef could make a follow up response to his all-tomato ultimatum

no character lock!
lol, it's fine. I was going to address this anyways:
Maybe it might be better to just drop this ranbats and start a new one in January....one match per week and gauge interest in the game for PC, PS3, AND 360 again. Let the people who want to play on multiple platforms do so. People just seem to be too busy right now.

I think this might be the best idea. Log Ride, since you're the co-captain of this sucker, what do you think?

I'm fine with starting fresh. Just means I'm the technical winner psn side for this failed ranbat.

Hey, I have to relish in this since the new thing is gonna be non-character lock. Which means you bastards can just counter-pick me with Yun all day.

Beef let's hash out the details for round robin then, yeah?

I'm fine with starting fresh. Just means I'm the technical winner psn side for this failed ranbat.

Hey, I have to relish in this since the new thing is gonna be non-character lock. Which means you bastards can just counter-pick me with Yun all day.

Enjoy that asterisk victory.

Shoot me a PM whenever you want to talk about it.

Y'all ain't ready for my troll jay

Top Bottom