• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2.5: The Bachelor Party |Mafia OT| One Last Override

Kawl_USC

7>4 (2 misses and 1 hit) 3 town controlled removals
4>3 NK 2v1

Gorlak brings up an interesting point. Basically if you still don't trust me 100% (where the heck is Royal?? It would be nice if he could confirm) then you should lynch me after Stanley takes his shot. But please don't lynch me today. Let us make the most use of mine and Feps roles to get us the most amount of information going into the final showdown.

Hopefully we lynch scum today and kill scum with Stanley's shot so that my lynch will be unnecessary but if we only hit one I see the logic on lynching me.

I am indeed a Fruit Vendor (Coppanuva), but my role has a little twist. It's explicitly stated that I don't know what the banana does. Technically that of course could include "nothing", but why even bother writing it then... Anyway, another point is that I can't give a banana to the same person twice unless every alive player (including myself) already received a banana.

N1 I gave the banana to Sophia. As I didn't know what the banana does I wanted to give it to someone I read rather Town than Scum so that person wouldn't lie about the effect. There is no special reason why I chose Sophia my other Town reads, that was more or less RNG.

After D2 I was eager to find out if the banana really could be the reason for the lynch shift, so I gave it to myself. After all, maybe Sophia was Scum or chose for another reason not to reveal what the banana did. Or maybe the banana did something else entirely and the lynch shift was because of Sophia's role. Unfortunately the receiver really doesn't know what the banana does, so I will just assume that the person with the banana can not get lynched. That btw falls in line with the restriction that I have to distribute the bananas equally.

N3 I chose CrimsonFist, because he was a middle-of-of-the-road player who didn't do a lot of noteworthy stuff. He could very well be low-lying Scum or just Town. He also wasn't on a direct path to be lynched. I want my Town reads without banana in the late game, so I can give it to them then and prevent them from a surprising Scum lynch train. As none of the Town candidates was in immediate danger of getting lynched today I chose to give the banana to someone who may or may not be Scum but I was pretty confident wouldn't be lynched today. (I hope that's not written too confusingly...)

So, uhm, if you have any suggestions whom I should give the banana tonight, just bring them up.

Alright well I was going to try and maximize the gain out of this plan but since yall are dragging your feet it seems that won't be the case. I'll throw together a big post once I'm don't helping a friend take care of some stuff. Going to get it out now as I'll be super busy with volunteering all morning up to just before the deadline.
You know, you could have just said: "Flush, I'm a role cop, I know your role name. Reveal something about it so we confirm each other"

Or, you and Kawl can be last scum.

Kawl says yep, you were what you say you are and then you both go on your merry way.
Do you think Scum Stanley has a daykill or that that was a lie?

Exactly. So if I was scum, and Royal was town and is indeed the fruit vendor, why would even announce the banana, let alone the other actions?
Why wouldn't you?

Stanley's vig shot btw is something like an additional lynch if we discuss who he should shoot at. That means we basically have 3 lynches in a row now.

Gorlak

Banned
If Stanley was scum with a day shot, why the hell would he claim it, especially after the role cop revealed his results? He could have just kept quiet and ended the game tomorrow.

Good point. One mislynch and he could've won scum the game. I didn't think of that.

Lynching kawl today only gets us to d6 if we hit scum or don't use the day shot.

Yes, and if he don't hit scum in the first two tries we lose with him being alive as well, no matter who we lynch at the end of D5.

So, it still is a matter of have our three shots now, with some complication tomorrow concerning Kawl. Or are we willing to endure N5 and face lylo D6. In either case we need to hit the first scum within the first two tries and again scum in the last lynch of the game.

Kawl_USC

I mean you weren't the person I was trying to get more info out of it was establishing whether people I had an ordinary result on claimed some innocuous role like sleep walker to cover up movements of doing the scum kill, see as we have a watched.

Role names have been pretty in line with their standard powers from mafia scum. Fruit vendor there is explicit about their items not doing anything. I think the banana does nothing personally and that it was another role (and given our claims it appears to be Sophia's role) that caused the lynch to not happen.

But your version is definitely possible too.

And you gave a banana out, interesting. I'm curious as to why that person has kept quiet.

Kawl_USC

And as far as I could have just asked for you to confirm before dropping info on others, I couldn't be sure when you would respond and definitely wouldn't be able to field question if for example you had checked in just 30 minutes later this morning. We had a lot to discuss following my claim it felt and leaving that for less than 12 hours didn't feel right.

Gorlak

Banned
Kawl brings up another aspect, I neglected, we don't have to lynch him today, it's also possible to do so at the end of tomorrow. Of course we would have the same discussion again wether to postpone the final decision or go at it tomorrow.

Flush confirms Kawl. Why crimson N3? The night kill target? Pretty coincidence. Crimson was town read pretty much by everyone up to the point he died, yet you thought of him as a "middle of a road" player?

Flush confirms Kawl. Why crimson N3? The night kill target? Pretty coincidence. Crimson was town read pretty much by everyone up to the point he died, yet you thought of him as a "middle of a road" player?

Yes. People weren't "Yep, pretty sure Town!" but more "He's Town, I guess(?)". At least he's been flying pretty much under my radar.

Anyway, I'm heading out now quickly but will be back in a few hours.

Gorlak

Banned
Hm, "confirms" Kawl to the point that scum still could have tracked Flush N1. Don't think this happened, as this would be an elaborate scum gambit, which I doubt Kawl would try.

Ultimately with Kawl's interjection that it's still possible to lynch him D5, we should obviously look for a lynch target in the group of Sophia, Flame and me. Out of Flame and Sophia... Sophia is definitely the more suspicious one.

Kawl_USC

Also flame has had enough suspiciously bad ideas where I'd definitely be okay with having him go today instead of Sophia if it came down to it.

Flush, do you have a set number of bananas? Sounds like no but just want to check.

I'm okay with either Sophia or Flame today. I believe Flame has the worse voting history but Sophia can give us info on the bananas.

If bananas are lynch immune, I wonder what would happen should with a hated turbo?

personally i feel more suspicious of Flame than Sophia, but i wouldn't object to Sophia being lynched sooner.
my gut tells me that Sophia's flip would be more telling however it turns out, but then that may just be because she just simply spoken much more than Flame, even if a lot of what she has said has been 'hey isnt that odd'.

actually speaking of bananas,
lynching sophia might be the best idea, if her role shows no sign of any lynch redirect shenanagins, making it clear that it was the bananas that saved her from the lynch, could the bananas then be used to negate kawls hated disadvantage?
like to make him safe from being lynched so scum cant hammer him on a later day?

I wasn't gonna say anything lol...

Anyway, I

Vote: Sophia

Gorlak and Flame are my other suspects but they're both ordinary according to kawl and themselves and I expect another PR in the scum. Plus we get some banana info.

Also, I vote no one gets a banana tonight or I do. Keep in mind that if we decide Royal is scum we need to shoot him.

Sophia

I would very much prefer it if we hit Flame first, but if you believe that all four people (Royal, FEP, Kawl, and Stanley) are town then the order doesn't matter.

That being said, I am very much worried about the off-hand chance that Royal is scum and will use a banana to redirect the vote. It's an unlikely possibility given what happened on Day 2, but still...

Perhaps, if you believe the banana really makes someone unlynchable, you should give it to Kawl, Royal.

Sophia

Vote: Sophia

I have faith in town to win this even if you lynch me, you know?

There are only two scenarios in which town can really lose. The first is that scum exists among the four I mentioned above. The second is if the four above are all town, but talk themselves into another course of action.

While I worry that there might be scum among that group, the fact that all four of them have explanations that tie in together suggests they're probably town. More than that, you and Flame are desperately trying to redirect the conversation out there, what with suggesting Stanley shoot today and you suggesting that there is only one scum among the three of us. To say nothing of your piss-ass argument to try and make Stanley out to be scum. And now you're trying to vote me off right as I suggest that they should effectively be using the final time remaining to get as much information as possible about who is and isn't scum.

Gorlak

Banned
And now you're trying to vote me off right as I suggest that they should effectively be using the final time remaining to get as much information as possible about who is and isn't scum.

I'm off to work in a minute. That was stated before. I can't hold back my vote for a few more hours.

Sorian

Banned
Vote Count

Sophia (3)
Kawl_USC
flatearthpandas
Gorlak

Flame_AC (1)
StanleyPalmtree

Kawl_USC (0)
Flame_AC

No Lynch (0)
Kawl_USC

4 votes needed for majority

Day 4 ends in:
blu_1463259600.png

MOD NOTE: I'm out for a lot of the day today so Retro will be posting day end. I'm still 100% available by PM it's just posting big blocks of text is a pain on mobile. I won't be updating the vote spreadsheet once I leave but I'll try to keep up on posting vote counts to the thread.

Flame_AC

Guys, be careful to not turbo.

I hadn't taken into consideration the math behind Stanley's role if he did indeed happen to be scum, however, if he is scum I do not think he has the ability to perform a day kill.

I don't want to be lynched, at the very least, not today. Gorlak and I at least have the role cop backing our claims, Sophia does not. My flip isn't going to help you at all and is just going to take up one of our shots to win the game.

I'm most suspicious of Flame, but Sophia would bring the most information. Are we in a position to lynch for information? Probably, since that information could be game-altering and we have virtually 3 lynches.

Flush, do you have a set number of bananas? Sounds like no but just want to check.
No

Perhaps, if you believe the banana really makes someone unlynchable, you should give it to Kawl, Royal.
But not tonight. I can't give it to Kawl twice and normal majority tomorrow still is 4 (4-2 if we miss today), so Scum can't turbo him, right? If we mislynch twice and Stanley misses it's game over anyway (2-2 before NK). If two of the shots hit, we win anyway. If one hits, but the other don't we're at 2-1 after NK, meaning normal majority is 2 and Kawl can be turbod by the one remaining Scum. If I give him the banana for D5, this isn't possible.

Sophia

But not tonight. I can't give it to Kawl twice and normal majority tomorrow still is 4 (4-2 if we miss today), so Scum can't turbo him, right? If we mislynch twice and Stanley misses it's game over anyway (2-2 before NK). If two of the shots hit, we win anyway. If one hits, but the other don't we're at 2-1 after NK, meaning normal majority is 2 and Kawl can be turbod by the one remaining Scum. If I give him the banana for D5, this isn't possible.

Yeah, I realized after I posted it that the ideal order is probably FEP then Kawl.

Sorian

Banned
Vote Count

Sophia (2)
Kawl_USC
flatearthpandas
Gorlak

Flame_AC (1)
StanleyPalmtree

Kawl_USC (0)
Flame_AC

No Lynch (0)
Kawl_USC

4 votes needed for majority

Day 4 ends in:
blu_1463259600.png

Flame_AC

To the very end. You will see RobotNinjaHornets, ordinary town. And then you'll see a Gilbert Gottfried YOU FOOL gif. :p

Okay, so then who do you think should be day shot and lynched tomorrow?

I'm flipping AbsoluteBro, it's not going to help us and we're only going to lose another shot.

Sophia

Okay, so then who do you think should be day shot and lynched tomorrow?

I'm flipping AbsoluteBro, it's not going to help us and we're only going to lose another shot.

Realistically, I think it should be you and Gorlak. But I'm banking on the hope that there is no scum among that group of four. Which is what Kawl seemed to be thinking earlier. If there's scum within that group, ya'll need to figure it out tomorrow before you shoot.

Flame_AC

Realistically, I think it should be you and Gorlak. But I'm banking on the hope that there is no scum among that group of four. Which is what Kawl seemed to be thinking earlier. If there's scum within that group, ya'll need to figure it out tomorrow before you shoot.

K, say Gorlak and I both flip town tomorrrow. Then what should town do? If either Gorlak or I flip scum, should then the other person be cleared?

Sophia

K, say Gorlak and I both flip town tomorrrow. Then what should town do? If either Gorlak or I flip scum, should then the other person be cleared?

That'll be up for the remaining players to decide. I wouldn't clear anyone automatically based upon the flip alone.

I get the impression that at least one person either on the vote or urging for my flip wants me dead for more than just information. I can't fathom who that would be, or why tho.

Flame_AC

That'll be up for the remaining players to decide. I wouldn't clear anyone automatically based upon the flip alone.

Right, but for the sake of information, when you and I and assumedly Gorlak all flip town, what do you think they should do.

I personally think that town should go for Stanley, probably.

Sophia

Right, but for the sake of information, when you and I and assumedly Gorlak all flip town, what do you think they should do.

I personally think that town should go for Stanley, probably.

As FEP said earlier, Stanley wouldn't have claimed his day shot if he was scum. No reason to draw attention to it like that. If he can really shoot who has been decided on, whenever he does it, then it's safe to say he's almost certainly town and there's no reason to go after him.

Flame_AC

As FEP said earlier, Stanley wouldn't have claimed his day shot if he was scum. No reason to draw attention to it like that. If he can really shoot who has been decided on, whenever he does it, then it's safe to say he's almost certainly town and there's no reason to go after him.

Okay, so you, me, Gorlak are dead. I agree with you on Stanley, and I think you are certain FEP is town as well. So then that leaves Kawl and RF as the final two scum? That doesn't make sense, does it?

Sophia

Okay, so you, me, Gorlak are dead. I agree with you on Stanley, and I think you are certain FEP is town as well. So then that leaves Kawl and RF as the final two scum? That doesn't make sense, does it?

Unlikely to be Kawl due to simultaneously confirming two different abilities. Most likely it is you/Gorlak, Royal/Gorlak, or Royal/You.

I was hoping Royal would confirm what the banana does, but the fact that it's a wildcard means I can't rule him out as scum. I think he's unlikely to be scum tho, because I can't fathom why scum would have an ability that could accidentally target themselves like that.

Flame_AC

Unlikely to be Kawl due to simultaneously confirming two different abilities. Most likely it is you/Gorlak, Royal/Gorlak, or Royal/You.

I was hoping Royal would confirm what the banana does, but the fact that it's a wildcard means I can't rule him out as scum. I think he's unlikely to be scum tho, because I can't fathom why scum would have an ability that could accidentally target themselves like that.

Right, but we assumed that you and I are telling the truth, which we are. You're town, I'm town. Even if we exclude Gorlak from this, Royal does not seem like likely scum. Their role seemingly saved you from a lynch, that'd be absurdly powerful for scum to have. It's likely RF is telling the truth that they don't know what it did.

So if it's not you/me/Kawl/FEP and assuming Stanley proves his role. That leaves RF and Gorlak, which is still problematic as it includes a verified PR.

For the sake of discussion, assume in your list that I'm town, which I am, and then we have a bit of a problem.

Sophia

Right, but we assumed that you and I are telling the truth, which we are. You're town, I'm town. Even if we exclude Gorlak from this, Royal does not seem like likely scum. Their role seemingly saved you from a lynch, that'd be absurdly powerful for scum to have. It's likely RF is telling the truth that they don't know what it did.

So if it's not you/me/Kawl/FEP and assuming Stanley proves his role. That leaves RF and Gorlak, which is still problematic as it includes a verified PR.

For the sake of discussion, assume in your list that I'm town, which I am, and then we have a bit of a problem.

If that is the case, it could be problematic, yes.

Sophia

You know Flame... it almost sounds like you don't want me to be lynched after earlier outright saying that Stanley should shoot me.

Flame_AC

Scum probably wouldn't be answering my hypothetical questions right now.

I just know I'm ordinary town, and if you are too, then we've got a problem on our hands.

So what should we do now?

Flame_AC

Tomorrow, Stanley, you need to immediately shoot Gorlak. That'll give us the full ~48hrs to figure out what to do from there. You could shoot me too, but it's not going to give you all anything you didn't already know.

Sophia

Scum probably wouldn't be answering my hypothetical questions right now.

I just know I'm ordinary town, and if you are too, then we've got a problem on our hands.

So what should we do now?

I mean, it's hard to say. I can't fathom why you'd be questioning me so hard if you were scum either. Logically, it sounds like you want to control the conversation given your earlier eagerness to want me dead but...

Tomorrow, Stanley, you need to immediately shoot Gorlak. That'll give us the full ~48hrs to figure out what to do from there. You could shoot me too, but it's not going to give you all anything you didn't already know.

... and then there's this. Are you saying this because you're town, you think I'm town, and thus Royal/Gorlak is the final scum pair? Or are you saying it because you're scum and Gorlak is town?

Flame_AC

I mean, it's hard to say. I can't fathom why you'd be questioning me so hard if you were scum either. Logically, it sounds like you want to control the conversation given your earlier eagerness to want me dead but...

... and then there's this. Are you saying this because you're town, you think I'm town, and thus Royal/Gorlak is the final scum pair? Or are you saying it because you're scum and Gorlak is town?

I want to figure this all out. A Royal/Gorlak final pair is troubling because of the inclusion of Royal. That's why, assuming you're lynched as you seem to be about to, I want Stanley to shoot Gorlak and take out half the possible pair. I know I'm not scum, so if it's between Gorlak/myself, it has to be him. I dunno what to do about Royal though.

Top Bottom