• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Haunted (by the Holy Spirit), Drunk in Jesus, Godtition, Jehovealous, ***Sinless and XOly Mother>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*

Bladenic

Mau ®;94815154 said:
Adore You video

Tryhard as per. But I like the bathtub scene.

This is my favourite Bangerz track tbh. I hope it does very well!

Video is meh. Tired of the same schtick. And a ballad following a ballad as a single is boring AF, should've been SMS or Get It Right.

Soulscribe, your review is incredible!

Thanks! It turned out better than the first draft :p The ARTPOP one seems harder to write to me so I don't know when I'll be done with it. lol

@Mumei I like your take on the Haunted video, and that went through my mind as well, I just liked the idea of it keeping with the Ghost theme and having it continue down that path. What you said does apply on an abstract level but I guess I like layering more narrative on it. It's fun. ;)

Mumei

Mumei, grab your tissues.

You can interpret that either way :-3

naughty slut

OMG that flawless transition into head voice and then back at 1:44!

Hrm. I wasn't sure how I felt about that particular rendition at first, especially since I generally prefer the more 'traditional' interpretations of that song, but I liked it by the end.

What the FUCK is this? Blue is incredibly fresh. It's probably the only sentimental song about a child that's actually good. The tempo change after the first chorus alone is life changing, one of the best moments on the album.

Mmhmm. I love the tempo change; it's my favorite part of the song. The song is wonderfully light, and it's such a great note to leave the album on. I also like how the song's lyrics are somewhat ambiguous; it doesn't necessarily have to be a song about mother and child.

I'll pass.

Talking about Kpop, mentions Bom and Ailee but leaves out Hyorin and Jea? What type of madness?

If you wanted a more comprehensive set of clockings, you simply had to ask.

I wonder if KPopGAF would find this at all interesting or if they don't really care about vocals

royalan

SoHEW should never do improv again. That rendition of Amazing Grace was a fucking mess. She has absolutely no sense of timing. Had to shut it off halfway through. I feel bad for the poor girl on guitar, she was doing her darndest to keep up with her...but by the end it was a lost cause.

In fact, this is sort of what drew me to that Ailee chick in the video linked earlier. Maybe her range isn't as wide, but her phrasing and timing was effortless in those clips...and LEAGUES better than the best I've seen of SoVerrated.

Mumei

Beef, did you have a good birthday?

SoHEW should never do improv again. That rendition of Amazing Grace was a fucking mess. She has absolutely no sense of timing. Had to shut it off halfway through. I feel bad for the poor girl on guitar, she was doing her darndest to keep up with her...but by the end it was a lost cause.

In fact, this is sort of what drew me to that Ailee chick in the video linked earlier. Maybe her range isn't as wide, but her phrasing and timing was effortless in those clips...and LEAGUES better than the best I've seen of SoVerrated.

Well, Ailee is American, so naturally her English (and comfort with American pop music) is better. And we've discussed SoHyang's issues in English versus Korean.

SoHyang remains Queen, you can deal, etc.

I have to go to bed or this would probably be longer.

xoxo

royalan

Beef, did you have a good birthday?

Well, Ailee is American, so naturally her English (and comfort with American pop music) is better. And we've discussed SoHyang's issues in English versus Korean.

SoHyang remains Queen, you can deal, etc.

I have to go to bed or this would probably be longer.

xoxo

Oh boo.

I was deliberately trying to push your buttons with that.

'Night. <3<3

Aguila

#ICONIC
From some MTV interview with RedOne

There is a single with Jennifer Lopez that will be released in early 2014. There is another song coming up soon with a few big artists together and I am really excited about the new artists that I am about to break. One of them is called Sophia Del Carmen and a girl called Porcelain Black, who people are killing me on the internet over and think I am stopping from becoming big and are like threatening me, but I am waiting for the right time for her to come out. I am also excited about this boy band that I have called Midnight Red who are exploding in the States and expect new talents in 2014.

Hew is he talking about?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
From some MTV interview with RedOne

Hew is he talking about?

Shakira and Rihanna?

since Shaks has been working with him
or was

AmycT_ECIAExw35.jpg+large.jpg

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Azealia will come and slay I have faith
Surprised she's not put out another single yet though, ATMJAM was like, 6 months ago?
I'm kinda expecting another sky thing where the album just drops with pretty much no warning

Majmun

ATMJAM is one of the worst songs I've heard this year. Can't believe she released it as a single

Her new album better be good.

Soul sis.... Soul sis... After I finally got to digest that review... I have no idea why you don't get paid to do this professionally. There are some things I disagree with in terms of "Mine" But everything else is on point. Maybe except Blue. But sis, why aren't you submitting this to big editorials for some recognition. This is really good and more in depth than some of the reviews out there about it. Wow!

royalan

Soul sis.... Soul sis... After I finally got to digest that review... I have no idea why you don't get paid to do this professionally. There are some things I disagree with in terms of "Mine" But everything else is on point. Maybe except Blue. But sis, why aren't you submitting this to big editorials for some recognition. This is really good and more in depth than some of the reviews out there about it. Wow!

You're kidding yourself if you don't think Soul-sis isn't already on Bey's payroll.

He's one of her cousins, I'm sure of it.

Soulyincé

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm not too fussed whether or not she tops 212, but she's certainly capable of turning out great stuff. 1991, Van Vogue, Jumangi, Seventeen, Little Bambi, Fuck Up The Fun, Fierce, Nathan, Esta Noche. She could have easily put together a stellar album already it's just whether she has enough left in her to make her upcoming one great. Fierce (not sure if on the album or not), Count Contessa, Venus and Yung Rapunxel have all been great/good, No Problems gives me repeated life. ATMJAM has been her only dud tbh (and it's such a big one it's soured her completely for some people)

When you say "2014 is the year of Azealia" I imagine it being like one of those calendars you get in Chinese food restaurants. Like with monkeys and roosters and stuff.

Mumei

17. MARIAH CAREY – All I Want For Christmas Is…: 63.239 (+ 5.717)&#9650;

Sleigh a bit.

And now let us watch it fall into obscurity... until next year!

Thanks <3

I'd only write that much for stans to read though. Not sure people who don't care for Beyonce would sit through all that nonsense. lol

Matt_

Big Fat Quiz is on, Brit will have to wait for catchup

Well you know what. He's right! No Bey, no me, especially if my card information is at risk because of it.

Wait, what if a Bey hive member caused the hack because BEYONCE wasn't being sold at target? Let that sink in for a minute. And it was an inside job. Her impacT!

You're kidding yourself if you don't think Soul-sis isn't already on Bey's payroll.

He's one of her cousins, I'm sure of it.

Soulyincé

Thanks <3

I'd only write that much for stans to read though. Not sure people who don't care for Beyonce would sit through all that nonsense. lol

Yodeling at this name!

Soul but still sis, you know stans rather the tl:dr edition because of that 5th grade level education? Your review is for a wider broader audience that deserves to understand the essences of this album. If more people read this, they wouldn't think she was a 2 cent whore who only shakes her ass (yes I read that comment on YouTube. Obviously the person was way uneducated about the message of the video).

Partition

Banned
I disagree with just about every score you gave the songs Soulsis, but the review was well written and enjoyable to read. Slay a bit.

My ratings:
Pretty Hurts B
Ghost A
Haunted B
Drunk in Love B-
Blow A
No Angel C
Yoncé B+
Partition A+
Jealous C+
Rocket A
Mine B+
XO A
***Flawless B
Superpower C+
Heaven B+
Blue A

I disagree with just about every score you gave the songs Soulsis, but the review was well written and enjoyable to read. Slay a bit.

My ratings:
Pretty Hurts B
Ghost A
Haunted B
Drunk in Love B-
Blow A
No Angel C
Yoncé B+
Partition A+
Jealous C+
Rocket A
Mine B+
XO A
***Flawless B
Superpower C+
Heaven B+
Blue A

We just seem to really just disagree about Jealous, Mine and Superpower. Everything else isn't that far off. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom