• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Perfume with SIA

skip to 2:30 to hear some actual singing

i5u12SRvOlVzN.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
iyvqlPWLciLdM.gif

I can't believe they were both bragging about this shit.

I'm really hoping there is something else original they work on and this is just a little side project. I'm surprised this is the first bey remix we've heard for AZ because she is such a big stan
tumblr_m3gqs6tZwN1rtkxnso1_500.gif

Nemesis_

Let's be real does anyone expect Ultraviolence to be out before May?

I don't think there's any major releases prior to May.

iTZSHDe44B4Ic.gif

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I dunno. But I haven't been thirsty for a pop album in like....

Ever. Never ever. But I sort of need Ultraviolence to be in my hands right now.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENT OF THE DAY:

if Swine actually sounded like a finished, complete song, it would be easily the best track on ARTPOP

as it is, it's just a disappointing glimpse at what could have been

CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENT OF THE DAY:

if Swine actually sounded like a finished, complete song, it would be easily the best track on ARTPOP

as it is, it's just a disappointing glimpse at what could have been

I deleted Swine from my media player and replaced it with the roughly 5 minute extended version that leaked about a month before ARTPOP dropped, sounds much better tbh

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I deleted Swine from my media player and replaced it with the roughly 5 minute extended version that leaked about a month before ARTPOP dropped, sounds much better tbh

I dunno, I don't really want a 5 minute extended version if it's just more pointless filler

The verses are absolute fire. They I defy anybody to not want to dance and/or sing along to the verses.

The bridge then builds up to a chorus that never arrives. There's a completely pointless buildup, then 16 bars of nothing. Just backing track. What should be the centrepiece of the song is missing. I feel like it would kind of work if it were, say, 4 or 8 bars. But 16? The energy of the song fizzles and dissipates.

This song is crying out for a chorus as big, juicy and the verse. A perfect chorus would elevate this song to among the best songs Gaga has ever put out. Frankly even a half-arsed chorus would improve it; the verse is good enough to carry the song anyway. But there's neither. What should have been the centrepiece of the album (along with DWUW and ARTPOP) is instead a microcosm of it: half-finished.

I'm listening to MANiCURE right now and I would like it so much more without the stuttering 'ma-ma-ma-manicure' bit.

I swear, if I have to hear one more stuttery Gaga chorus...

i1KzhSaSBgxEM.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I do try and listen to every link thats posted unless its from an artist that I know I'm not interested in.

The BBC Sound of 2014 list has been revealed
1. Sam Smith
2. Ella Eyre
3. BANKS
4. Sampha
5. George Ezra

BANKS was robbed but I see good things coming from Sam Smith
edit; oh he's from my county and is a Whitney and Aretha stan. He can get some bonus points

It's been mentioned already by a few sistren in here, but I've come to a similar conclusion:

GUY should be a single.

It's got every making for an appealing radio song... catchy intro, memorable production, the sing-talk hook, Twitter references, a sing-along chorus, and an infectious outro.

Typically when I try to figure out if a song is gonna be successful on radio I try and imagine how popular it would be to sing at karaoke bars. Applause is kinda half there because you have to get into a ridiculous character to pull off the verses, and DWUW works fine enough, but GUY would be great. It's pretty much the LoveGame format except on massive steroids. And I USE.

Granted I do think Gypsy's a safer choice, and Venus is a bolder choice, but given that almost no one in the world has heard GUY would work for it. It could come out of left field and surprise people, and maybe put the album at the forefront.

@godels agreed that Swine does feel unfinished. It's that and Sexxx Dreams where I feel like the potential is greater than the final product. Swine needed a shift change or a longer outro or something.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
@godels agreed that Swine does feel unfinished. It's that and Sexxx Dreams where I feel like the potential is greater than the final product. Swine needed a shift change or a longer outro or something.

The LAST thing I think it needs is a longer outro if that just means more backing with no song content. It needs a chorus, and more structure.

Vitanimus

So today I was having an interesting conversation with a few people from my course at University and we were discussing music taste and who we all like etc. and I said a few of my favs (Gaga, Grimes, Britney, LDR, Marina, etc etc.) and to my surprise I got a few laughs, and one of the replies I got was "Britney is my guilty pleasure."

So I inquired why she was a "guilty" pleasure, and he just didn't really reply, like he was embarrassed to admit it. It was a sort of chain reaction where others also admitted other pop acts they liked but didn't want to mention and it kind of baffled me that they were embarrassed to like an artist, like it was a bad thing.

Has PopGAF also experienced this? The impression I got was that they viewed Pop music/artists as "lesser" to their own tastes, which I found really strange.

Nemesis_

So today I was having an interesting conversation with a few people from my course at University and we were discussing music taste and who we all like etc. and I said a few of my favs (Gaga, Grimes, Britney, LDR, Marina, etc etc.) and to my surprise I got a few laughs, and one of the replies I got was "Britney is my guilty pleasure."

So I inquired why she was a "guilty" pleasure, and he just didn't really reply, like he was embarrassed to admit it. It was a sort of chain reaction where others also admitted other pop acts they liked but didn't want to mention and it kind of baffled me that they were embarrassed to like an artist, like it was a bad thing.

Has PopGAF also experienced this? The impression I got was that they viewed Pop music/artists as "lesser" to their own tastes, which I found really strange.

It's happening all the time here too.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=496763

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=701488

Read our history, our deep oppression.

ijpUY8DOmQv1N.gif

Full disclosure:

I haven't listened to ARTPOP.

I only know Applause, ARTPOP, Sexxx Dreams, Aura, and Swine.

I'm about to go in.

What should I expect?

royalan

Full disclosure:

I haven't listened to ARTPOP.

I only know Applause, ARTPOP, Sexxx Dreams, Aura, and Swine.

I'm about to go in.

What should I expect?

Fashion! and Jewels n Drugs are the two best tracks, and anyone who says otherwise simply doesn't want what's best for you.

Also, all you thirsty hoes need to back off my husband. <3<3 Soulscribe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom