• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full disclosure:

I haven't listened to ARTPOP.

I only know Applause, ARTPOP, Sexxx Dreams, Aura, and Swine.

I'm about to go in.

What should I expect?

The album has all the things people like about her (catchy melodies, light-hearted camp, hooks galore) and all the things people dislike about her (overproduction, overshot lyrics), but it's just a giant party. Take it for what it is.

Fashion! and Jewels n Drugs are the two best tracks, and anyone who says otherwise simply doesn't want what's best for you.

Also, all you thirsty hoes need to back off my husband. <3<3 Soulscribe.

I had a moment with Jewels N Drugs yesterday. That trap production hits so hard. And weirdly MANiCURE did it for me recently too. Those two have been getting skips a lot recently. :/

And <3 you too *.*

Bladenic

Full disclosure:

I haven't listened to ARTPOP.

I only know Applause, ARTPOP, Sexxx Dreams, Aura, and Swine.

I'm about to go in.

What should I expect?

You've heard 3 of the best songs, now you only need Gypsy and GUY. How have you not heard Venus, Dope, and especially DWUW though?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Fashion! and Jewels n Drugs are the two best tracks, and anyone who says otherwise simply doesn't want what's best for you.

ibUjNOhx7rzhn.gif

ARTPOP is the best track on the album

You've heard 3 of the best songs, now you only need Gypsy and GUY. How have you not heard Venus, Dope, and especially DWUW though?

Missed out. Yes, I've heard those three too. Basically what she performed at the iTunes fest + GWUW because it's a single. Jewels N Drugs, I don't even remembers.

But OMG --

Gypsy the album version is GIVING ME LIFE. First time listening.

What in the world.

Why is this not a single?

Holy crap.

Giving me "Faithfully" levels of epic. I think that's the inspiration here.

GAGA MAKE THIS A SINGLE IT'LL SMASHHH

Missed out. Yes, I've heard those three too. Basically what she performed at the iTunes fest + GWUW because it's a single. Jewels N Drugs, I don't even remembers.

But OMG --

Gypsy the album version is GIVING ME LIFE. First time listening.

What in the world.

Why is this not a single?

Holy crap.

Giving me "Faithfully" levels of epic. I think that's the inspiration here.

GAGA MAKE THIS A SINGLE IT'LL SMASHHH

YES, you better stan the best song on the album

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Yes, Gypsy changed my life. Anthem of the decade tbh.
QFT.

I'm in Austin, about to go pick my friend up at the airport, and he's going to kill me...but we're listening to ARTPOP all the way back. Gypsy, Mary Jane Holland, Donatella, Sexxx Dreams... SO GOOD.

Mumei

I enjoyed Gypsy, but I don't think it was my favorite track on the album. Neither was ARTPOP.

I don't remember which one was my favorite, though

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
In all seriousness, I thought Gaga was retired or something. She's still making music? And people listen?

What a world we live in!

Everything I wasn't a huge fan of at first on that album has grown on me and I can listen to it straight through. Except for... ARTPOP. I can't not skip it :I it's so boring. I wish I could see what everyone else is seeing but this is one of those things where someone is wearing some high concept fashion piece and everyone else is getting their life from it and I have to just accept this is probably fine but it's just not my personal taste.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Not gonna lie. That Gaga rant about how she is finally back on track after getting rid of bad people she's been working with/wasting money with built up my low/no expectations of her. She better produce what she'd been promising now.

Yado

Not gonna lie. That Gaga rant about how she is finally back on track after getting rid of bad people she's been working with/wasting money with built up my low/no expectations of her. She better produce what she'd been promising now.

She won't.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Everything I wasn't a huge fan of at first on that album has grown on me and I can listen to it straight through. Except for... ARTPOP. I can't not skip it :I it's so boring. I wish I could see what everyone else is seeing but this is one of those things where someone is wearing some high concept fashion piece and everyone else is getting their life from it and I have to just accept this is probably fine but it's just not my personal taste.
ARTPOP is one of the few coherent, stylistically interesting songs on the album. It's serving up Rapture-era Blondie ice queen realness.

For like, purchase? Or to entrain orphans who don't have anything else?

She's still a huge tour-de-force, and she's making 60-80 million dollars this year. Where you been bish

@Godels honestly I feel like ARTPOP (the song) is the most undercooked of all the songs on that album. More than Swine. And I mean undercooked as in "most unfinished" and not "most understated." My problem with Sexxx Dreams is that the chorus is overproduced, and my problem with Swine is that it's not dynamic enough. With ARTPOP it feels like the potential for greatness is like a second away from coming to fruition. I think hearing it live ruined the studio version for me a bit, but content-wise it's still a great song.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

screaming

you should at least wait till the DWUW before you restore your faith

i0KdyLAAzZCGH.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
ARTPOP is so forgettable. Without DWUW feat. Mr. Piss, it'd be just a flash of hot air. Beyst clocked Gags pretty efficiently with releasing actual ARTPOP.

Zutroy

Yeah, ARTPOP was easily the biggest disappointment of last year for me. Ive gotten a tone of use out of all of Gagas albums, usually when they've first been released I'd have them on repeat, however I've only listened to ARTPOP around 4 or 5 times, and have absolutely no desire to listen to it again anytime soon.

Ugh.

The album is never coming out, is it?

ahaha

Yeah, it's a duck costume. Cyan thought the same thing.

Ohhhhhhh I get it now. Lol yeah I also thought it was a kid in some jammies with a hotdog on his head. "How cute," I thought

Duck's cuter

NinjaBoiX

Warm Water and Before I Ever Met You are her best songs. Everything else shows promise and I'm excited for her debut.
I think Bedroom Wall and This Is What It Feels Like are her best two tracks (weirdly enough!). The chorus of TIWIFL is amazing, and I think I could listen to Bedroom Wall on repeat for hours.

Also, for a laugh, what about this one? It's super short, and not pop per se, but it's just too funky!

Kojak - Human Proof

Sorry, it's a groove shark link, YouTube doesn't have a link.

Speaking of, what are the chances Gaga's going to be involved in drag race this season?

I think it's all but guaranteed at this point.

I honestly think that Ru's people called Gaga's people the split second she tweeted out her love of the show. Also the fact that she and Ru hung out since then tell me that he probably invited her on to do an episode. I think it was around the time the show was airing too, though I'm not too sure.

Gaga on Drag Race would give me ultimate life. And if they lipsynced to Applause... lord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom