• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
^^^^^

i5YBFusJuwWrN.gif

So all you wanna do
Is take my dress off
And like a candy store
I know you want it all
Oh, I can read you baby
And I know that you want me
With my dress off, my dress off
With my dress off, off, off, off, off, off, off
With my dress off, off, off, off, off, off, off

49e66_tumblr_mxvpgfDt9J1sqsszco1_500.gif

I just listened to the snippet for Russian Kiss. It slays. The "gimme a kiss" part ended me.

Annie, her Born This Way
but with much better banger-worthy production.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I just listened to the snippet for Russian Kiss. It slays. The "gimme a kiss" part ended me.

Annie, her Born This Way
but with much better banger-worthy production.

Got a link to a full version? Only found a preview

Mau ®

The Queen of Pop, Carly Rae Jepsen, is recording her third album and is being helped produced by Benny Blanco AND the original Gaga, Cyndi Lauper. She describes the next album as "90's" and "folky" and "pop".

Prepare for the next pop masterpiece, sistren. She is coming.

Carly+Rae+Jepsen+PNG.png

Gaga, her new interview with Harper's Bazaar

HB: What's the biggest thing you've learned about yourself so far?

LG: I became very depressed at the end of 2013. I was exhausted fighting people off. I couldn't even feel my own heartbeat. I was angry, cynical, and had this deep sadness like an anchor dragging everywhere I go. I just didn't feel like fighting anymore. I didn't feel like standing up for myself one more time—to one more person who lied to me. But January 1, I woke up, started crying again, and I looked in the mirror and said, "I know you don't want to fight. I know you think you can't, but you've done this before. I know it hurts, but you won't survive this depression." I really felt like I was dying—my light completely out. I said to myself, "Whatever is left in there, even just one light molecule, you will find it and make it multiply. You have to for you. You have to for your music. You have to for your fans and your family." Depression doesn't take away your talents—it just makes them harder to find. But I always find it. I learned that my sadness never destroyed what was great about me. You just have to go back to that greatness, find that one little light that's left. I'm lucky I found one little glimmer stored away.

iHXsgyb0IHd77.png

DMeisterJ

Banned
Mau ®;99703565 said:
The Queen of Pop, Carly Rae Jepsen, is recording her third album and is being helped produced by Benny Blanco AND the original Gaga, Cyndi Lauper. She describes the next album as "90's" and "folky" and "pop".

Carly+Rae+Jepsen+PNG.png

Benny Blanco?

Her "Diamonds" is coming.

SaintZ

Her make up artist was being a mess, she didn't wear that make up on stage or anything (she's on tour rn).
Mau ®;99703565 said:

Carly+Rae+Jepsen+PNG.png
Is she mourning her career in that pic?

article-0-1aa3a7a7000abj1s.jpg

Lady Gaga shut the fuxk up and take some fuxking pride in the ARTPOP brilliance, because it's a solid album.

'Jewels N' Drugs' could have garnished Lady Gaga, some true urban hood street recognition, even if that not what she wanted FUXK IT. If that song was T.I. feat Lady Gaga and the rest, Twista feat Lady Gaga and the rest, or Too Short feat Lady Gaga and the rest... It would smash the urban/street/hood scene... SO it could smash now SHIT!

More from Gaga's Harpers Bazaar interview:

HB: How much attention do you pay to what people say about you?

LG: I've never had that type of relationship with art, that sort of hypercritical thing that's going around. I often think people don't know what to think of me, and in fact this is precisely the objective of many of my creations. Even back in the days with Lady Starlight, my original partner, we aimed to bemuse. This feeling of bemusement—it's neither good nor bad. It just is. Whether critics realize it or not, they've been in a very long argument since my public birth. Is it right or is it wrong? This was the intention of those twisted nursery rhyme, I-aim-to-confuse-you verses in my song "Applause." The conversation is still happening because they don't know what to think. They're still scratching their heads. This grappling is my art form—and it's powerful, because whether they like it or not, they're still talking.

What kind of 20/20 awareness. Lady knows exactly what you think.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
3NPvMHi.png
k19dIVl.png

Stunning, Flawless, Queen, Your faves could never etc etc

J&D is awful, what kind of fuckery am I reading on this page? What an obnoxious song.

It would flop as a single, too. Pretty much every other pop girl has done urban better (Rihanna, Katy, Miley, Ke$ha, Beyoncé). No one is here for urban Gaga.

I have ZERO sympathy for her. If she doesn't want to play ball with her label or whatever outside force is cramping her style, then she should buy yourself out of her contract and go her own way.

Otherwise, stop whining.

Did the Renaissance masters bitch and moan that the Florentine aristocrats only commissioned them the big bucks to paint for Jesus? No, they created brilliance within the constraints they were given.

330557352_1784493.gif

when will gaga?

I have ZERO sympathy for her. If she doesn't want to play ball with her label or whatever outside force is cramping her style, then she should buy yourself out of her contract and go her own way.

Otherwise, stop whining.

Did the Renaissance masters bitch and moan that the Florentine aristocrats only commissioned them the big bucks to paint for Jesus? No, they created brilliance within the constraints they were given.

330557352_1784493.gif

when will gaga?

Is this Mona Lisa your creation? :ahh:

It's beautiful. True ARTPOP

royalan

J&D is awful, what kind of fuckery am I reading on this page? What an obnoxious song.

It would flop as a single, too. Pretty much every other pop girl has done urban better (Rihanna, Katy, Miley, Ke$ha, Beyoncé). No one is here for urban Gaga.

...except all the Urban radio play she got during TF and TFM era? Urban radio play that she's not getting now? Urban was a huge part of Gaga's demo once, in fact I bet that's the exact reason J&D was even recorded.

J&D slays. But, not only that, it features T.I., Too $hort and Twista -- 3 Hip-Hop powerhouses. Jewels and Drugs would have gone AT LEAST top 5 on the Urban charts for that reason alone, which makes it more viable as a single than the other garbage that gets suggested up in here.

SaintZ

Mau ®;99713216 said:
Don't font iT.

Her album still did better than Avril's horrible new album. It even outdid it in her turf Japan. Oop.
She did horrible for having such a big hit. Both albums debuted with about the same amount of copies sold.

Also, Avril's album has been out for 4 months and it is not that far from the platinum in Japan. And she performed to a sold out crowd at Budokan last night. Did Carly even go on tour?

Bye.

In other news Once Upon a Dream is in the Top 40 on iTunes with just the Maleficent trailer. I doesn't have a banner, no video and it's not even listed under new releases. Lana her power.

'Jewels N Drugs' is a TRUE URBAN STREET banger with zero crossover appeal and that's COMPLETELY ok. All the rest of them sans Rihanna 'Pour it up' was a hybrid of Hip-Hop Pop with mass crossover appeal.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Lady Gaga shut the fuxk up and take some fuxking pride in the ARTPOP brilliance, because it's a solid album.

'Jewels N' Drugs' could have garnished Lady Gaga, some true urban hood street recognition, even if that not what she wanted FUXK IT. If that song was T.I. feat Lady Gaga and the rest, Twista feat Lady Gaga and the rest, or Too Short feat Lady Gaga and the rest... It would smash the urban/street/hood scene... SO it could smash now SHIT!

lol she always takes pride in her work but this isn't about the album she is indirectly talking about the Troy situation

Anyways I really love the Bazaar shoot:

Majmun

Bey's era so far:

- #1 album that has sold 3mln copies in two months
- Lead single Drunk in Love smashing and entering the top 10

Just flawless. And it will only get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom