• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Why do people want GYPSY?

When has Gaga's Queen-wannabe rock opera songs EVER worked?

I don't even like G.U.Y. but even I can admit it's her best hope at this point. It's the most radio-friendly track on the album after Applause and Fashion!

I don't even like G.U.Y. but even I can admit it's her best hope at this point. It's the most radio-friendly track on the album after Applause and Fashion!

The Edge of Glory was probably her most popular song last era though. Definitely up there in her overall portfolio critically.

Gypsy is a good single choice because it's a really, really obvious pick. It's inoffensive, catchy enough, has sing-along lyrics, and some feigned Katy Perry-esque emotional appeals. It just sounds like a song Katy Perry would come out with and do well with. But Gaga isn't Katy Perry. I think people expect a shot in the arm with Gaga's output and G.U.Y. is probably the right shot in the arm for her.

People want/expect Gaga's songs to be refreshing. Alongside Venus, Sexxx Dreams and J&D, G.U.Y probably fills that expectation well.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Applause is the best song on ARTPOP. I didn't lie.

I think it would have been WAY more iconic had Gaga solely used clown thematics in her performances/video. Alas.

Applause is the best song on ARTPOP. I didn't lie.

Get new ears, sis.

ifzyoqQxfG0zp.gif

cory64

GUY is better than Zedd's next lead single so it has that going for it.
otoh it's very wordy compared to most dance tracks that smash on radio

Trigger

Applause is the most boring song on ARTPOP for me. I rarely listen to it or the remixes when I return to the album. I can't fathom why Jimmy Iovine thought it was a great choice for the first single.

Like Soul sis said, EoG has some very similar vibes. Gypsy's chorus really soars, and I think the theme of Gypsy is very relate-able (and being relate-able is something Gaga could use this era). I agree with the idea of Fashion! being a good single choice too though. It's a very simple, fun song.

3phemeral

I really don't get the love for Gypsy at all. The very reasons why people state that it's the perfect single is the very reason why it's so forgettable, bland, and just not a standout track.

royalan

Poor Applause. Such a good prechorus in desperate search for a good song to attach itself to.

cry.gif

DING DING DING

The verses are dull and nonsensical.

The actual chorus is swamp-ass on a hot summer day.

But the prechorus slays. And that's about it. It's the only part I ever hear people singing along to. EVER.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I always sing along to it until this part

One second I'm a Koons, then suddenly the Koons is me
Pop culture was in art, now art's in pop culture in me

it so awkward especially when you are with people but luckily that verse doesnt last long

iFa2DuKyjZl8C.gif

royalan

Gaga is boring now, let's go back to bandwagon stanning for Annie And Katy B

cry.gif

...So, I was just listening to the Album of Forever:

gdiPav2.jpg

And so many tracks still hold up. ;____;

Best of Me is still my favorite track. LAWD when that drumline comes in on the second chorus...you could just tell the Queen was connecting to the lyrics on this one.

Such an anthem.

ibbCoALPdNDcpA.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
I always sing along to it until this part

One second I'm a Koons, then suddenly the Koons is me
Pop culture was in art, now art's in pop culture in me

it so awkward especially when you are with people but luckily that verse doesnt last long

iFa2DuKyjZl8C.gif

Sing "cunt" instead of "Koons." That will make it more fun.

UZkKSwt.gif

When those people put out good music, yes. Although I'm only referring to Kathleen B and Anne, right now.

"Good Music" is a foreign concept to the #NVAY

And in DMJ's case, I'm pretty sure he screens all his friends' song recommendations through kworb.net before pressing play.

tumblr_mcd4wwSO0K1qgb5p1o4_250.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
"Good Music" is a foreign concept to the #NVAY

And in DMJ's case, I'm pretty sure he screens all his friends' song recommendations through kworb.net before pressing play.

tumblr_mcd4wwSO0K1qgb5p1o4_250.gif

The iTunes top 100 is a foreign concept to the Monsters. Is it my fault that my tastes are in line with what the GP likes? And being on kworb is no hard feat, the songs at the bottom of the top 100 of iTunes are selling only 4 digits per week. If your fave can't put that up, that's just sad.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
are we just gonna pretend like xtuneless didn't probably DEMAND to be front and centre of the video?
she needs to keep this video short and iconic. nobody is going to be here for a telephone-sized mess, that's the kind of thing you can only get away with when you're the most relevant popstar in the world.

Majmun

RHYTHMIC

3 2 BEYONCE Drunk In Love f/Jay ... 5831 5090 741 38.221
+103 Spins
-10 Bullet
+0.412 Audience

URBAN

1 1 BEYONCE Drunk In Love f/Jay ... 4672 4661 11 35.399
-17 Spins
-35 Bullet
-0.267 Audience

URBAN AC

14 13 BEYONCE Drunk In Love f/Jay ... 775 674 101 5.596
+12 Spins
+8 Bullet
+0.113 Audience

POP

38 35 BEYONCE Drunk In Love f/Jay Z 1265 797 468 7.829
+88 Spins
+41 Bullet
+1.021 AI

POP is picking it UP

She went to #2 with just Urban radio support. I can see this smashing harder with POP support tbh.

ibcSOjChLmylHE.gif

Katy B's new album is a masterpiece.
Bitch came hard. I love it.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I am.

Congrats to Bey and her song crossing over. It couldn't have happened to a better song on BEYONCÉ.

I still blast it daily while driving. The second verse is everything to me.

The "and everything I write" part still gives me a chuckle tho.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I am.

Congrats to Bey and her song crossing over. It couldn't have happened to a better song on BEYONCÉ.

this flop shade, the lyric is 'and everything all right'

Majmun

I am.

It's actually "and everything all right"

-edit

beaten

#NVAY

Majmun

The damaged hearing after all that aural filth they stan for
iD0zcTFOg17qX.gif

edit-

Hmmm, I don't know if I like these FOOD snippets. It's so different from Flesh Tone. I need to hear the whole record

Drag it.

After usage for a couple of days, Katy B album is flawless. I don't understand the dismal of all the songs after Everything tho.

I love Sapphire Blue, Play, Still .. The only exception is Emotion. Tumbling Down I'd my ish. Aaliyah is A grade! Jessie Ware sultry sexy voice layed on top of that beat so sweet, I almost got into an accident falling into it. I think Katy should of continued the feature with I Like You. Love 5AM and I have a dope remix for that as well. Next Thing starts off the album hype from the get. All my loving is feel good so it's usable.

I'm also the minority in this one but, Crying for no reason is not my favorite song at all. I probably like her singing acoustic but I can't with the beat and everything of that song. She sings it well but it's such a skip. I wish there was an acoustic version on the album like Jessie Ware with Running.

End result

A+++. Flawless. I'm percheD for Robyn and other mainstream ladies as well as some upcoming albums from the men. I need to get my calendar ready.

Edit: Also that Fancy song is okay. Charlie does mess it up a bit. It should of just stayed a Iggy song and I would probably like it but right now, it's just okay. I still prefer the other Azealia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom