• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
G I R L is available for streaming https://itunes.apple.com/us/station/idra.827875018?t=rEMq94YoDKK_pzAc

lets take a little bit of a listen
ibyF8yuc9xBRsu.gif

Um. So far.....
zzz.gif

xaosslug

I mean, I understand I just discovered this website two days ago but all I see are straight Beyonce threads that are absolutely pointless. Like why does anyone care about if she's overrated, or if her success can be emulated, or of [insert your fave] vs BEYONCE which one is better?, Is BEYONCE like [insert fave here] Album..etc etc etc. Like why? I'm tired of seeing her name all over that website because it isn't about anything worth discussing.

Its ridiculous. And what exactly is considered vile? Dragging other faves to death Vile, or personal insults that have nothing to do with the conversation, vile? So far, I've just seen the usual stan base dragging of sales but nothing extremely personal.

Idk, I've seen the whole "The Beyhive is the worst fanbase" garbage but when I actually read what's being said in the conversations, its like ummm..really tho? It's almost asking for it..

then you REALLY need to sit yourself down, because you don't have the full picture. Mess. LOL

the HyVE is keeping it REAL cute, these days. Once one of the other gols start scalping (or whenever Rih starts putting out new material)... you can BET YOUR ASS they'll swarm.

Styles

Do you remember we were sitting there by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

--

Braced myself for the goodbye
'Cause that's all I've ever known
Then you took me by surprise
You said I'll never leave you alone

You said I remember how we felt sitting by the water
And every time I look at you, it's like the first time
I fell in love with a careless man's careful daughter
She is the best thing that's ever been mine

So effortlessly written.

i05ls2X52aNnt.gif

That "Coldplay pulls a Beyonce" thread on ATRL is a mess.
Coldplay released a teaser before they dropped the single. Just because they didn't give an exact date doesn't mean they're pulling a Beyonce.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Why can't I post this here?. And it's full of annoying people calling everyone pressed to anyone who even slightly disagrees.
ibyF8yuc9xBRsu.gif

its not that people believe Coldplay is pulling a Beyonce but this

It doesn't even matter if "Coldplay really didn't pull a BEYONCE". The fact the media is calling it a "Beyonce" just shows the undeniable impact this album release strategy had

you are slightly pressed if you cant admit the impact

ibitgX0wBiC5qN.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Bottom-of-the-barrel "singers"!?
ibyF8yuc9xBRsu.gif

NO. I refuse to believe that someone with the class and grace to stan the reigning (slightly hibernating) Queen of Pop Gaga would also stan "3 Nipple" Lily Allen at the same time. I will not believe it!

you are slightly pressed if you cant admit the impact

ibitgX0wBiC5qN.gif

I'm not pressed about anything this is why I didn't want to say too much in that thread.
I am a Beyonce fan but I know that others have done surprise releases before. There is no impact on that front when it has been done years prior.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I'm not pressed about anything this is why I didn't want to say too much in that thread.
I am a Beyonce fan but I know that others have done surprise releases before. There is no impact on that front when it has been done years prior.

there is impact when the album garnered 3 million sales in just 2 months making it the most successful of its kind using this strategy recently and in the digital age

ipQcC95x0D30h.gif

Mumei

Skipping the part where this is ultimately about Coldplay and whether what they did is anything like what Beyoncé did (don't know, don't care), I don't think "impact" is predicated on doing something first. I don't even think doing it first is all that important; there are almost always smaller, less well-known, or past-their-commercial prime artists doing things that are only later picked up by established, big-name, and of-the-zeitgeist stars who make an impact doing the exact same thing - though I suppose you get bonus points if you do it first and make an impact with it.

I agree with you but just a couple of things

It's only been done twice, in which those eras, it had no impact because digital wasn't that huge.

However seeing as now, in the digital age, there is a specific standard approach to single and album releases, since hers was by far the biggest for a female pop star, at this point the impact is undeniable. Her move, despite being done by other artists, is really just reminding the GP how things were done back in the days and reminding even some of the veterans that's been in the game longer than her , to take advantage of their fame and be spontaneous. That's just how I see it, tbh.

However is it annoying to see all those got damn Bey threads. Yes!!! Its almost disgusting now. Some of them are just stupid shit, like ugh, and most of them are made by the same person. Can't you guys just report there trolling ways? What's the point of the base if the bases can't keep all that stuff in there zone? That website needs to be a a bit more organized because it's all over the place. Not gonna lie, it reminds me of the Gaming section on Gaf.

Stefan™;102309725 said:
Do you remember we were sitting there by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

--

Braced myself for the goodbye
'Cause that's all I've ever known
Then you took me by surprise
You said I'll never leave you alone

You said I remember how we felt sitting by the water
And every time I look at you, it's like the first time
I fell in love with a careless man's careful daughter
She is the best thing that's ever been mine

So effortlessly written.

i05ls2X52aNnt.gif

I was just listening to this at the gym

Sis, I'm here for you

i05ls2X52aNnt.gif

I agree with you but just a couple of things

It's only been done twice, in which those eras, it had no impact because digital wasn't that huge.

However seeing as now, in the digital age, there is a specific standard approach to single and album releases, since hers was by far the biggest for a female pop star, at this point the impact is undeniable. Her move, despite being done by other artists, is really just reminding the GP how things were done back in the days and reminding even some of the veterans that's been in the game longer than her , to take advantage of their fame and be spontaneous. That's just how I see it, tbh.

However is it annoying to see all those got damn Bey threads. Yes!!! Its almost disgusting now. Some of them are just stupid shit, like ugh, and most of them are made by the same person. Can't you guys just report there trolling ways? What's the point of the base if the bases can't keep all that stuff in there zone? That website needs to be a a bit more organized because it's all over the place. Not gonna lie, it reminds me of the Gaming section on Gaf.

I can agree with that. As far as the digital era goes it's a ballsy move and she managed to use it to her advantage.
I think with those circumstances in mind it's quite a feat.

@Mumei Agreed.

Touchdown

Banned
You're Mine is the most added song across all the radio formats this week with 76 adds.

URBAN:
Rank Adds Artist Title Label
(1) 32 BEYONCE Partition Columbia
(2) 29 MARIAH CAREY You're Mine (Eternal) Island/IDJMG

URBAN AC
(1) 20 KELLY PRICE It's My Time eOne Music Stations
(2) 13 MARIAH CAREY You're Mine (Eternal) Island/IDJMG

HOT AC
(7 tie) 4 MARIAH CAREY You're Mine (Eternal) Island/IDJMG

RHYTHMIC
Adds Artist Title Label
(1) 18 BEYONCE Partition Columbia
(2) 14 MARIAH CAREY You're Mine (Eternal) Island/IDJMG

TOP 40
Adds Artist Title Label Stations
(1) 26 BEYONCE Drunk In Love f/Jay Z Columbia
(2) 21 JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE Not A Bad Thing RCA
(3) 19 MARTIN GARRIX Animals Casablanca/Republic
(4) 17 JOHN LEGEND All Of Me Columbia Stations
(5) 15 MARIAH CAREY You're Mine (Eternal) Island/IDJMG

Oh careful Bey, the Queen is on your tail.

iSUcatYATm8ae.gif

royalan

Mama Ru SLAYING iTunes

EW1v8G1.png

Kiiiii did you hear about what she did to fight pirated copies of the album? She basically flooded the internet with versions of the album that's basically her wasted and talking over every track about how people need to go out and buy the album. Pretty smart move, actually. lol

Kiiiii did you hear about what she did to fight pirated copies of the album? She basically flooded the internet with versions of the album that's basically her wasted and talking over every track about how people need to go out and buy the album. Pretty smart move, actually. lol

d I came across one for Sissy That Walk on Tumblr.

Queen.

cory64

And the real reason season 1 was "lost"? Bey had the rights to use DC songs revoked because she was threatened that a 50 year old man had better, more hydrated wigs than her.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
NO. I refuse to believe that someone with the class and grace to stan the reigning (slightly hibernating) Queen of Pop Gaga would also stan "3 Nipple" Lily Allen at the same time. I will not believe it!

Lily Allen is the shit though. She's not up there with Gaga, Kesha, Lana or Azealia but she's pretty high on my list. She takes no shit, her music is great and she is flawless live. It's refreshing to hear a mainstream artist write about different things to the usual love song stuff

Did yall hear Tove Lo her new $MA$H 'Not On Drugs'?

https://soundcloud.com/tovelo/not-on-drugs

2n91shlllv1.gif

Amazing, definitely going to have to keep an eye on ha

Nemesis_

PEE IN BUTT ALERT

Jake Shears of Scissor Sisters fame has said there’s a whole album of stuff he’s done with Kylie that he might leak at some point.

“I love writing with her and always have,” he mused to Attitude. “I’m really proud of all the songs I’ve written with her and I think someday I’m gonna, like, put together a Scissors-Kylie record.”

Amazing.

He went on: “There’s a whole album’s worth of music. It’s from over the years. There’s some really cool stuff that no-one has heard. We could definitely put together a fun little album. Someday I’m gonna be shifty and leak it.”

That would be nice Jake, cheers.

How would you describe working with her though?

“She’s just a lot of fun – she’s a great writer and I love writing with her, she’s great with lyrics. But it’s just like playtime, you know. It feels like play, not work. It’s just a nice time for us to hang out and be creative with each other.”

Lovely.

http://www.popjustice.com/thenews/jake-shears-has-done-an-albums-worth-of-songs-with-kylie/124769/

They have done two songs together previously I believe. I Believe In You and Too Much

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The Aubrih thirst is real and going strong

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Also I don't see how Mouldplay are pulling a Beyoncé by releasing a single?

Given their penchant for shamelessly copying Radiohead it would be more fair to call it pulling a Radiohead anyway.

Matt_

Mau ®;102353030 said:
Coldplay>>>>>>>>Your faves.

ad2f905e.gif

What if my fave was Rihanna?
Hypothetically speaking of course. I would never

I think Drake and Rih are such a cute couple but what I am more concerned with are the amazing album that will come out between the two.

But I really want to know what made Nicki dump him to the side? He was so in love with her and then Take Care happened.

Drake and Rihanna shacking up makes sense in my head. I group them both in the "don't curr" category of my brain so it's almost poetic that they found each other after all of this. I should be a celebrity matchmaker. I totally saw Will and Jada coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom