• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

Blackhead

Redarse
No way this is real...

the line is for the white RAZR

Fs0iY.jpg

garath

So turns out Verizon won't let third party sites do my "early" upgrade anyways. Had to go through verizon. Just ordered it. Overnight shipping, will be here tomorrow. Yay. Too bad it came out to $320 after tax :(

Wasn't going to wait till March for the real upgrade though. Forget that.

Interestingly enough, it said my unlimited data wasn't compatible with the nexus but let me select the same unlimited plan anyways. Good enough for me. Continued unlimited data on 4G is going to be nice :)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I am jealous of you nexus guys. But hopefully next week my time to shine will arrive.

Transformer Prime, so close...

krzy123

The code is not working now

haven't checked out my cart, but it works for me, but the upgrade price is $194 though. There is an option for "keep my current data plan" as well (same as verizon's).

Here's what it says for data stuff in the cart:

Data,Text & Services

Pay Per Message Sent / Received
Included

2 Year Upgrade
Included

Upgrades Only - Keep My Current Data Feature (View Details for Important Disclaimer)
Included

Shared Line Network Access for Family Talk Plans
Included

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I am so happy to hear that people are lining up for this phone. What a pleasant surprise.

Now where's our google.com/phone GSM purchase??

So got the verizon version, already received some ota update. The one place I've seen some decent amount of stutter is transitioning from the app drawer to the homescreen, is this common?

HawkeyeIC

Most Verizon stores in Chicago are sold out. Still maybe two I can try, but they aren't close to me. Probably just going to have to order online and get it tomorrow.

It's a Verizon-exclusive feature that they added during the long delay.

Just trying to make sure mines not buggy or something. Anyways there ended up being like 20-30 people at the verizon I went too in Rochester, NY by the time they opened. Wasn't expecting a line at all given the lack of news/promoting.

Edit: Version 4.0.2 in case anyone wondered about the ota update

Also maybe I hadn't paid much attention but didn't realize the folders had a limit to the # of apps you could add in there. Seems a little lame.

reKon

Banned
In a verizon store right now. Why is the wait so long? =[ anyways I tried the xyboard its actually very nice from my experience. I was surprised considering how much people don't care about this at all (well I the blog tech nerds don't at least cause of the nexus love)

In a verizon store right now. Why is the wait so long? =[ anyways I tried the xyboard its actually very nice from my experience. I was surprised considering how much people don't care about this at all (well I the blog tech nerds don't at least cause of the nexus love)

Reasons why no one cares about the XyBoard:

1. Old tech is old.
2. Costs close to $600 on contract (after taxes).

NH Apache

Banned
Trying to order off Letstalk and not only is the site the most confusing piece of crap I've ever seen, but the phone number doesn't seem to be working......

I had finally added it to my cart and 1) can't figure out how to retain my plan and 2) the coupon code keeps coming back invalid.

Errrrrrr

Edit: Seems like I got it sorted out, but now the final price is 144.50. Uhhh, that can't be right.

Salaadin

Anyone have any good clock widget suggestions? Im used to have that nicely sized HTC clock on DInc and something similar would be nice.

Circle T

Got the phone. Surprisingly, 15 people or so were waiting by the time the store opened. The phone is amazing, as expected. HD resolution on a SAMOLED screen is just delicious!

Which store did you go to? I want to at least check it out after class but would like to be able to buy it if possible.
I was at the store across from Target, at 72nd and Dodge. They wouldn't say how many, but said they have "a lot" in stock. They have one on the floor for demo.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

I don't think the xyboard has any advantages over the transformer prime except maaaaaaaaybe motocast.

Anyone have any good clock widget suggestions? Im used to have that nicely sized HTC clock on DInc and something similar would be nice.

Try Beautiful Widgets, which will give you a HTC-ish clock with all sorts of skins available. The same developer also makes Plume, the best Twitter app for Android.

Menelaus

Banned
so my local store only got 20 in...and sold at least 8 while i was there, in the first hour. gonna be a lot of disappointed folks.

daoster

so I'm on the family plan, and I'm buying an iPhone for my sister, but I want the Nexus...can I get the phone via Let's Talk and then go to a Verizon store to buy the iPhone (for the upgrade price)?

SimleuqiR

wow lines? i thought nobody wanted this phone so why should verizon care?

i want battery life reviews!

Well, on my GSM Tuna I get about 15 hours of use per charge. With the last 4 or so hours of that charge being of very high activity (music, browsing, texting, emails, calls, and just fucking around with the phone). So the screen and wifi get a lot of use.

I could easily get 24 of none extreme use out of the battery, probably more.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Trying to order off Letstalk and not only is the site the most confusing piece of crap I've ever seen, but the phone number doesn't seem to be working......

I had finally added it to my cart and 1) can't figure out how to retain my plan and 2) the coupon code keeps coming back invalid.

Errrrrrr

Edit: Seems like I got it sorted out, but now the final price is 144.50. Uhhh, that can't be right.

Now that i think of it i was never asked to pick a phone number when ordering on there.

Salaadin

Lines? Nice. Im glad I ordered online last night.

Try Beautiful Widgets, which will give you a HTC-ish clock with all sorts of skins available. The same developer also makes Plume, the best Twitter app for Android.

Thats the common app I keep seeing in any reccomendation thread. Thats what Ill go with.
I LOVE plume.

Eleven people ahead of me ten minutes before open at a Verizon in North Austin. There were another fifteen or so behind me by the time I left.

It is sweet.

The guy selling to me grabbed the phone from me and ran Verizon Backup Assistant though. That wasn't cool.

I wonder if Verizon is noticing that all it takes to get lines outside the doors of their stores is to release a phone without all their branded bloatware.

Top Bottom