• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

SimleuqiR

Hows the google calendar integration? Does it have a lot of TV shows to track across all networks?

Just added Dexter, Fringe, and Game of Thrones really quick to see the interface at work. That said, Fringe has an upcoming episode on the 13th of January, but this is not showing up on my calendar. Ticking the calendar integration on the app crashed it. So I'm going to assume it's not ICS compatible.

Futureman

http://androidniceties.tumblr.com/

A slick tumblr page showcasing the nicest, smoothest Android Apps. Instantly Bookmarked.

I'm either retarded and can't figure out how to navigate that page, or IE doens't work with it.

I can see the first two screen shots of each app, and a sliver of a 3rd screenshot, but there's no way to scroll to the right.

edit: yep, it's IE. Works in FF.

droooool. ICS looks so nice. I can't wait to get my Nexus.

Salaadin

Just added Dexter, Fringe, and Game of Thrones really quick to see the interface at work. That said, Fringe has an upcoming episode on the 13th of January, but this is not showing up on my calendar. Ticking the calendar integration on the app crashed it. So I'm going to assume it's not ICS compatible.

Thanks a lot!

Ill wait around and see if they update it. Id definitely pay 99 cents for an app like that.

You're the second person that has mentioned this. What is the problem with it doing so?

It shouldnt. Thats the problem. If this thing has 1 gb of RAM it shouldnt be that difficult to keep a page in memory. Simply opening the messaging app and browsing the market for a bit causes the phone to have to reload the page I was on when I come back to the browser. Its a waste of time.

Salaadin

Does gaf reccommend any cases in particular? I'm most concerned about the screen

For my Droid Incredible, the Seidio Surface case was great. I hear good things about their Galaxy Nexus cases as well but it currently doesnt work with the OEM extended but they are considering an alternate version that does.

That Diztronic one is pretty good too but I hate not having a cutout for the volume.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0065PGWQ0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Just got my Galaxy Nexus! But I can't activate it, because Verizon's 4G network is down. Even though the phone can work on the 3G network, apparently it needs 4G to activate. Argh...

Husker86

My girlfriend's GN came in today and I get all day to set it up while she's at work! Really hope the eBay seller I bought from shipped my phone yesterday...I need one of these to make my own!

lunchtoast

Does gaf reccommend any cases in particular? I'm most concerned about the screen

I'm going with otterbox, since it was great for my og droid. Waiting for it to show up on amazon to see if the price decreases though.

tAasr.jpg

fDHpO.jpg

Gunsmithx

Update, called vzw cs and they added the moblie hotspot and unlimited data with no problem, the csr brought it up before I did :) debating if i should just keep the hotspot plan though

gcubed

Update, called vzw cs and they added the moblie hotspot and unlimited data with no problem, the csr brought it up before I did :) debating if i should just keep the hotspot plan though

awesome, still pussyfooting around on if i want to pull the trigger

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Can some enterprising person make a new best Android apps thread?

some of my nominations:
androidify
barcode scanner
beautiful widgets
g+
pandora
last.fm
pocket casts
flighttrack
chrome to phone

Oozer3993

My extended battery came today. Like others have said, it adds a nice amount of weight to the phone and not much thickness. My Diztronics case still fits.

Aesius

So the guy at the Verizon store last week when I was purchasing my Nexus told me that he prefers the Razr, especially since it's getting ICS soon.

After a little reading, it appears that it has better battery life and a more rugged construction, but the screen isn't as good as the Nexus.

What do you guys think? Personally, the Nexus blows me away every time I use it, but that's probably just because it is my first ever smartphone. Should I even entertain the possibility of exchanging my Nexus for a Razr?

gcubed

So the guy at the Verizon store last week when I was purchasing my Nexus told me that he prefers the Razr, especially since it's getting ICS soon.

After a little reading, it appears that it has better battery life and a more rugged construction, but the screen isn't as good as the Nexus.

What do you guys think? Personally, the Nexus blows me away every time I use it, but that's probably just because it is my first ever smartphone. Should I even entertain the possibility of exchanging my Nexus for a Razr?

no, there is absolutely nothing better about the Razr. Its not nice to hold in your hand, it has a non removable battery, less storage, worse screen, a UI overlay, a worse cpu/gpu combo

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Can some enterprising person make a new best Android apps thread?

some of my nominations:
androidify
barcode scanner
beautiful widgets
g+
pandora
last.fm
pocket casts
flighttrack
chrome to phone

I wouldn't mind doing a nice OP for this. But it will have to wait until next week since I'm pretty busy.

NH Apache

Banned

No.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Not even close.

Forsete

Anyone know of a cheap-ish way to get an Otterbox case shipped to Sweden? It's expensive as all hell when trying to order from the Otterbox site :(

They should find their way to Swedish stores, but it might take a while. I bought an Otterbox for my 3GS here at least (iPhoneFix sold it to me).

Using my PDair for now, love the leather smell. :p

spwolf

ok, so I have 2-3 days to decide to sign new contract with Nexus... I wonder if I can get proper day out with it, with some messaging app and browsing? Because it sucks on my 3GS, and if it is going to last for 5-6 hours here with "heavy" browsing + chat, then i am going to get 4s.

gcubed

ok, so I have 2-3 days to decide to sign new contract with Nexus... I wonder if I can get proper day out with it, with some messaging app and browsing? Because it sucks on my 3GS, and if it is going to last for 5-6 hours here with "heavy" browsing + chat, then i am going to get 4s.

if you are using LTE for that heavy browsing and chat i would expect 5-6 hours

get an iThingy

I do heavy browsing and some light GPS and it lasted me from 9 am to midnight. 3G only btw. I got the extended battery waiting at home so I'll report on that later... but consider me pleasantly surprised :)

Label notifications should allow this. For example the "Notifications" Label on my account gives me notification on the bar, but does not make a sound of turns on the light.
I'm not seeing this. I see options to set the ringtone, choose if it vibrates or not, and just the general "Notify in the system bar when email arrives". No option to turn off or on the LED.

SimleuqiR

I'm not seeing this. I see options to set the ringtone, choose if it vibrates or not, and just the general "Notify in the system bar when email arrives". No option to turn off or on the LED.

Welp, I haven't noticed the LED light when some of these labels receive emails. Could be the time of the day I get them, and I'm not really paying attention to the LED of the phone and it turns off before I notice them?

But you are correct. There is no way to turn "off" the LED light.

The sad thing is people mocked the 4S as a pathetic 'bump' while parroting how the GN was going to destroy it technically. Turns out the 4S GPU demolishes it. So much for that.

most people don't take the gpu into consideration..

the ipad 2/iPhone 4S gpu destroys everything else on the market, including the Tegra 3

The power VR 543mp2 is a monster..

Top Bottom