• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

Piano

Banned
Anyone else with a Verizon Tuna having problems with the other person hearing you during calls? Frequently after some random period of time the person on the other end of the line will say they can't hear me, and I have to hang up and call them back to fix it. I thought it was because my signal is awful at home, but it happened over the weekend when I had 4 bars a couple times too.

Are you accidentally hitting the mute button with your face? My girlfriend used to do that all the time with her Droid 1.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Hey guys, seemingly i can not touch the google bar on top of my phone.
Also have issues starting the first level in angry birds. (Same area on the screen)
Is this a known bug?
I also can't hit the "X" on the notifications to make them all dissapear (thats how its supposed to work, right?)
I believe my touch screen is broken in that height :(
I enabled the touch co-ordinates and seemingly, i can not touch anything on the Y axis between 150~170 up to 200~210...
Any of you ran into the same issue?
Please Help.

I use the neogaf mobile site and it's tough hitting the Forum and such back arrows. Anyone else?

No word in the op, but what's a good screen protector for this thing? Preferably available in store so I don't have to wait weeks to apply it.

I use the neogaf mobile site and it's tough hitting the Forum and such back arrows. Anyone else?

Same here. I have to hit the area lower than I would in order to make it work.

When using the keyboard and other apps the screen area seems ok though so I figure its just the site.

Insayne

Well, to do a test, try this:
Go to settings > Developer Options:
Enable "Pointer Location" and "Show Touches"

I know it will make it look ugly, but now just go and try to move from all the bottom to the top, you might have a "dead" area like me :(
I also am having a hard time hitting the "Back" button or "Last page" on the secondapps neogaf, that is exactly where the problem occurs.

You will see your cursor jump, or become very erratic.

Sky Chief

Yes I have this problem with all the buttons on the second apps site

EDIT: OK wierd, the screen always registers exactly where I touch but I always touch a little lower than I am thinking because I guess I am trying not to block what I am pressing. I feel like most touch screen devices that I have used (iPhone, iPad) actually register your touch a little higher than you really make contact with the screen and I have just become used to that. This only becomes obvious using second apps because the buttons are small and if you hit them a little low it takes you to the end of the page

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I complained about battery life but after my tweaks, Awake time is no longer 100%. Results:

qZnVm.png

svZku.png

Bboy AJ

What tweaks? What made your battery free fall half way through?

Tweaks I mentioned earlier a page back. No idea why the battery free fell. Maybe it was when I used the Navigation. Very odd, though.

Sky Chief

Tweaks I mentioned earlier a page back. No idea why the battery free fell. Maybe it was when I used the Navigation. Very odd, though.

Got it, yeah I thought it had to be Nav use.

By the way, I am really impressed with Navigation I used it today to go to the airport and it told me a completely random shortcut that no other GPS ever had (I used to have a TomTom and then a Garmin), cut off almost ten minutes from a one and a half hour journey. Also it is the only Nav unit I have ever used that had any of the roads near where my parents live mapped. The beauty of having a cell enabled GPS I suppose.

Feep

Banned
I deleted the Facebook app today and saw a drastic increase in my battery life. The mobile site is fine, anyway. I recommend it to all Nexus users.

BigFwoosh

I deleted the Facebook app today and saw a drastic increase in my battery life. The mobile site is fine, anyway. I recommend it to all Nexus users.

I turned off all Facebook notifications, but I notice it's still using background data. Going to try disabling background data and see if it helps.

Kaiken

Banned
ZmqE1l.png

oIOwAl.png

That's a new record. About 7 hours of that is me sleeping but other than that it's about slightly below normal use. The only difference for me is that I removed my push email services.

Not sure what that line down the middle is though. I did get a random boot, maybe that's it?

Bboy AJ

You know what, my drop off might be due to a random reboot, too. I checked the multi Tasker and no apps were there. Must have been a random reboot.

3phemeral

Strange your reboot would cause that drop in battery life too, though. For me, I got that skip when I got the extended battery, only after the skip the battery life jumped up ten percent.

Kaiken

Banned
Strange your reboot would cause that drop in battery life too, though. For me, I got that skip when I got the extended battery, only after the skip the battery life jumped up ten percent.

Yeah, that's pretty substantial. Not sure what else that could be. Still using the stock battery.

My screen accounts for over 60% of the battery usage. Once it even registered 77%. Is that normal?

Depending how long you've had the screen on and the brightness, that's not totally out of the norm.

Piano

Banned
Posted on the last page, but it seems to have gotten lost in the fray:

Are screen protectors necessary? If so, what's the best one?

Futureman

I have the same problem with touches registering on secondapps on my Droid X. I usually end up double tapping the buttons and it works most of the time.

cametall

This is the sexiest phone I've ever seen.

One gripe, I couldn't figure out how (if even possible) to get the LED to blink when I received a text, so I ended up buying some app that does it for me.

The LED also didn't seem to blink every time I missed a call, just on occasion it would blink.

Menelaus

Banned
This is the sexiest phone I've ever seen.

One gripe, I couldn't figure out how (if even possible) to get the LED to blink when I received a text, so I ended up buying some app that does it for me.

The LED also didn't seem to blink every time I missed a call, just on occasion it would blink.

Lightflow fixes those problems for free.

Husker86

Or for a free alternative, Just wait for 4.0.3, Its fixed there right?

I'm on a 4.0.3 ROM and it doesn't work in it. Again, I don't think it's a matter of getting "fixed" since, to Google, it's not broken. Facebook has to change their stance on whatever it is pissing Google off.

käsekrainer

Neo Member
4.0.3 just provides a new Social API which FB could choose to use. FB sync not working is due to a Google/FB disagreement and I don't see a new API changing that.

gcubed

käsekrainer;33786257 said:
4.0.3 just provides a new Social API which FB could choose to use. FB sync not working is due to a Google/FB disagreement and I don't see a new API changing that.

Nothing stopping FB from hooking into the api (its already there on 401) they just need to program it. Their mobile department sucks

Husker86

Oh, on the subject of rooting.

I rooted my LTE GNex and it consisted of typing "oem unlock" followed by simply flashing CWM recovery and SuperUser apk. Is this how simple it is to root all Nexus devices? Absolutely no hoops to jump through, ever?

If so, I really cannot see myself ever leaving the Nexus family. It's so refreshing not having to run random scripts and wait for releases depending on what software version you're running.

gcubed

Oh, on the subject of rooting.

I rooted my LTE GNex and it consisted of typing "oem unlock" followed by simply flashing CWM recovery and SuperUser apk. Is this how simple it is to root all Nexus devices? Absolutely no hoops to jump through, ever?

If so, I really cannot see myself ever leaving the Nexus family. It's so refreshing not having to run random scripts and wait for releases depending on what software version you're running.

Thats how easy they are. Fastboot oem unlock in adb. This is to unlock the bootloader. To root its usually the easiest as well

kinggroin

Banned
i think i might take my gn on the cm9 branches. The latest nightly for cdma tunas seems to be pretty stable and brings with it the usual enhancements folk come to expect from cyanogen. Dont really care about waiting for the official stuff anymore.

I've got the gsm model.. my idle battery drain in a good signal area tops out at around 1.5% per hour.. no idea what's going on with the vzw version..

edit - If you tap the battery graph, what's the awake bar look like?

Menelaus

Banned
I've got the gsm model.. my idle battery drain in a good signal area tops out at around 1.5% per hour.. no idea what's going on with the vzw version..

edit - If you tap the battery graph, what's the awake bar look like?

claims to have an awake time of around an hour and a half...definitely didn't use it for that long today.

S1v5L.png

Bboy AJ

Poor signal = bad battery times, no way to use wifi during that time?

That can't just be it. My signal bar is similarly yellow but my battery definitely isn't as bad. You'll have to dig further with an advanced battery app, Menelaus.

Sky Chief

Anyone used an MHL adapter on this? Anyone tried using a USB controller? I want to daisy chain the two together do I can play GTA3 on my TV with a controller and also get some kind of splitter to keep it all charged? Will this work? Is there a chance that using all these devices and adapters together might somehow damage my phone in some way?

Top Bottom