• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

kehs

Banned
A GN for Sprinters?

sprint-lte-galaxy-nexus.jpg

Seems that way.
This rumor comes completely out of left field. A sidebar ad running on Cnet’s site suggests that not only will the Galaxy Nexus indeed come to Sprint (as had been previously rumored), it will serve as Sprint’s first 4G LTE device. What’s more, it seems to be an enhanced version of the Galaxy Nexus, with a 1.5 GHz processor.
http://androidandme.com/2012/01/news/galaxy-nexus-to-be-sprints-flagship-4g-lte-phone/

http://ces.cnet.com/8301-33371_1-57352486/nikon-d4-obviously-imminent-as-leaks-turn-into-flood/

I hope it comes bundled with Wallet, you know for entertainment purposes.

Wish Sprint's Early termination fee wasn't so high. i have 6 months to go. Tmo is cheaper with 6 months less. i think $100? instead of $160 like sprint :\

yanhero

Does anyone have any recommendation for a slim case for the gsm version? I got this case for free and I hate it. It makes the phone feel twice as thick and ugly as sin, when I showed my friend my brand new phone, he thought it was some cheap $50 phone :(

Sky Chief

I'm afraid that I've already traded it for the iPhone 4S. But beyond my performance issues with the device, the deal breaker was the size. I didn't like the size before I bought it, but I took a chance anyways cause of 720p. It's just unwieldily to use the thing with one hand, there's a lot of times I came close to dropping the phone as I had to shift my hand to access something at the top of the screen, I've got big hands but the GN is really really pushing it in the size department. I've got a Nexus S and that's the perfect size IMO, It's got a big screen but its still usable with one hand.

The Android handset makers need to stop trying to one-up each other with screen size dick waving. Don't throw out ease of use just to have another bulletpoint on the box. Also size doesn't matter as much as pixel density, brightness and clarity. I think the perfect screen will eventually be 4", Super Amoled HD Plus, with high brightness and 300+ppi. Man that's going to be something to behold. The GN's screen is so close to being perfect too (other than size).

I disagree, I have no problems with the size and using the GN has convinced me that screens can keep getting bigger.

If they're using LTE AND overclocking the processor to 1.5 then won't the battery life be even worse?

Wouldn't surprise me if they increase the battery capacity like they did with the Epic 4G Touch. Now I just want a release date so I can debate on whether to pawn off my Epic 4G Touch or not.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
What benefit does this serve to anyone but webOS fanboys? Yay for more unused screenspace?

To be honest I kind of like it that way. But its true, vertical offers more real-estate. Still, even 3 years later there is something magical about cards. It seems apparent that is where Android is headed, too.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
To be honest I kind of like it that way. But its true, vertical offers more real-estate. Still, even 3 years later there is something magical about cards. It seems apparent that is where Android is headed, too.

There's nothing at all magical about cards. I hated navigating through a ton of them through webOS. It felt too disjointed. Stacking cards was alright but far too often unmanageable. And I had to manually stack a bunch myself.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
There's nothing at all magical about cards. I hated navigating through a ton of them through webOS. It felt too disjointed. Stacking cards was alright but far too often unmanageable. And I had to manually stack a bunch myself.

Well, I never had the displeasure of using them. The magic lives on in my imagination though.

Al-ibn Kermit

I don't think the sprint nexus will come out for a while. They have a roadmap for their LTE roll-out and said that the first LTE phones will come out in the summer.

By then, the gs3 may also arrive to the US and supposedly it has a quad-core processor with I think 1.5 GB RAM and an LTE radio of course.

I don't think the sprint nexus will come out for a while. They have a roadmap for their LTE roll-out and said that the first LTE phones will come out in the summer.

By then, the gs3 may also arrive to the US and supposedly it has a quad-core processor with I think 1.5 GB RAM and an LTE radio of course.

GS3, US, Summer? in what dimension!?

If it has an LTE and WiMAX radio, it's probably been The Faceless Master'd. I don't think anybody but Qualcomm ever made a WiMAX radio chipset for cell phones. Certainly if they actually put a 1.5ghz TI OMAP 4460 that would anger all the existing Tuna owners in North America, who I might add are all within the Verizon holiday extended return period until Jan. 15th.

Husker86

If it has an LTE and WiMAX radio, it's probably been The Faceless Master'd. I don't think anybody but Qualcomm ever made a WiMAX radio chipset for cell phones. Certainly if they actually put a 1.5ghz TI OMAP 4460 that would anger all the existing Tuna owners in North America, who I might add are all within the Verizon holiday extended return period until Jan. 15th.

Doesn't the Sprint GSII have Exynos and WiMax? They make it work with a separate Qualcomm chipset.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Not my cup of tea but not bad. Glad they kept the front black.

Bboy AJ

Anyone else's LTE model having issues starting up? Sometimes I can't unlock the screen. It doesn't register my touch when dragging the circle over to the right. Touchscreen doesn't work at all. I have to remove the battery.

I'm on a stock ROM that's rooted.

If sprints Gnex is using Qualcomm... wow, sorry Sprint users

The TI OMAP 4460 is binned in 1.2 and 1.5 Ghz speeds.. the 1.2ghz chips are the ones that couldn't run at 1.5 Ghz... and it supports LTE radios.. so there's really no reason for them to use a snapdragon in the sprint LTE version..

Got a call from the phone house that I will FINALLY have my Nexus delivered next Tuesday! It has taken soooo long and it's crap they just announce the 32Gb one (I really wanted the extra storage) but since I am getting for free with just a one year contract (rubbin' it in a bit, yeah :D) I cannot complain too much.

I really like the white one, btw.

Bboy AJ

How do phone exchanges work with Verizon? I have a dark spot on my screen. Does it matter I purchased it from Amazon?

Top Bottom