• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Love the browser, updated apps, and in general the new feature set. I'm also alllll about that fucking resolution. I'm still not sold on the actual underlying look of Android though. Just the core setup never really has spoken to me yet. It's hard to deny how feature rich the product has become with 4.0 though.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Are people complaining about the look forgetting that it's android and that you can customize it to hell and back?

Shakala said:
When they mentioned the "hyper skin" on the back they said "battery cover" so I'm assuming it is

Ah, thanks

giga

Why would you let your designers put the app icons over the thumbnails, Duarte? Seems obvious that it should be under the text, to the right, or not there at all.

tasks-lg.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
giga said:
Why would you let your designers put the app icons over the thumbnails, Duarte? Seems obvious that it should be under the text, to the right, or not there at all.

tasks-lg.png

Completely agree. That's the worst UI blunder of ICS I've seen so far.

kehs

Banned
Maybe it's a failsafe in case nothing actually renders from the screen, so you still have something in the spot. Either way, I hate those previews.

Akia

giga said:

tasks-lg.png

I think they didn't want to confuse people. The goal probably was to condition users to touch the recognizable icon in the middle of the thumbnail in order to switch to or swipe it away. If the icon was on the side some users might go try to swipe the side icon under the text instead of the thumbnail.

Jeels

I am not interested in the hardware at this time, but how the heck could they not announced ICS release, even on their own devices. My Nexus S is ready.

Korey

brotkasten said:
I hope the Metro comparisons will stop now, because Matias clearly doesn't like it.

“Across the board Google and Android is taking design a lot more seriously,” Matias says, and points out that Roboto is used throughout the system. “There’s this thing that’s happening right now in user interface design that I find kind of shackling."

giga said:

tasks-lg.png

zedge

Korey said:
http://developer.android.com/sdk/images/4.0/tasks-lg.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

It was the same in Honeycomb... pointÉ

[QUOTE=Copernicus]Squares = Metro.[/QUOTE]

lol pretty much.. and scrolling right or left...

sigh

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
andycapps said:
This should be bannable. Nobody has shown any lag in it yet.

Edit: From the videos from The Verge, I see no lag.

R...really?

That looks particularly smooth to you?

gcubed

brotkasten said:
"Why would you let your designers put the app icons over the thumbnails, Duarte? Seems obvious that it should be under the text, to the right, or not there at all."

no, not you, yes i agree, i dont like that. The quote and that image don't go together for me

gcubed

“I came here because they’re winning, but also because I could not stand the thought of there being another decade of being trapped in one paradigm, of being trapped in the past just because somebody manages to grab maximum marketshare, and then that’s the thing everybody uses with incremental evolution.”

“I thought ‘okay you know what, I’ve tried to win so many times before,’ and it’s been shown that it doesn’t matter how great a product you have and how revolutionary the product is… distribution and marketshare are the things that matter.” Matias smiles, “Now I’m going the other way around.”

lolz Duarte.

Ferrio said:
So, yes/no/still more?

nope i'm assuming it will come out all this week

reKon

Banned
the phone looks good overall and ICS has some really nice features, but the lack of an HDMI port is kind of big for me...

The lack of an SD card is also disappointed. These are things that the Nexus S did not have

Top Bottom