• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

Cipherr

Zefah said:
R...really?

That looks particularly smooth to you?

Not particularly, absolutely. You can feel free to try and point out some lag though.

Anyways, is the browser option "open links in new tab" new? Or was that in 2.3? I dont remember it for some reason. And what about the text size options for the web browser

PRSUR.png

was that in 2.3?
Lol at me being clicks from launching a 2.3 window to see for myself but not wanting to....

womp

Shakala said:
Lack of sd card slot is my only disappointment

samsunggalaxynexushandson6444.jpg

Looks like one there? Or is that a SIM slot? Could be under the battery as well. Who knows. Honestly, I am with you there on the SD card but 32gb is a good size and after only using about 6 gigs of my 16gb card on my X I have realized I just don't care anymore.

We'll have to wait and see though.

gcubed

i did notice the split second stutter when swiping on the presentation, but all the post conference videos i'm not seeing/noticing it.

Do we have a post conference video of horizontal swiping gmail? I think thats where i noticed it the most

Circle T

Re: HDMI

Given Samsung's move to use MHL in their recent devices, isn't it entirely possible that GNex will have that as well? Has it been listed anywhere?

VanWinkle

Wait, the update is already out for Xoom? Here's hoping they've handed it off to manufacturers so Asus can get it out for Transformer soon.

kehs

Banned
They' pushing alot of mouse hover events also. Watchout desktops.

I'm surprised we didn't see more Google TV stuff.

Contacts now support 256 x 256 bitmaps.

\/ That's the most banal trolling I've ever read \/

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Cipherr said:
Not particularly, absolutely. You can feel free to try and point out some lag though.

Maybe I'm just more sensitive to it? In the This is My Next video you can see it plenty in the transitions. I mean, it's very responsive and doesn't ever hang up like older Android phones do, but the transitions certainly do not look smooth. When he first opens the app drawer, and then later on at the 1:50 mark or so in the video the transitions look especially juttery. It looks fine, but any amount of visual lag annoys me.

gcubed

Copernicus said:

Google what?

and no, no Xoom update yet, just a picture of the tablet OS. Giga trolling me

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Copernicus said:

Google TV is like the black hole in the basement nobody ever checks and forgets the door/stairs down there even exist at Google.

voodoojohn said:
Will the LTE version work overseas?
Does no one know the answer to this? I want to get this thing on launch but I'm going to Taiwan on Nov 12th and dont want to pay the unsubsidized price for the HSPA+ version.

Pctx

Banned
The biggest thing in chrome mobile is the quick setting of mobile and desktop websites. Google probably gets the most complaints about that.

Love that interview with Matias on This Is My Next. Dude definitely has a clear vision.

After getting iOS5 envy (not so much the OS itself but the fact that there was a huge update while we've been stuck with Gingerbread for a while), I'm stoked for ICS to hit.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Pctx said:
The biggest thing in chrome mobile is the quick setting of mobile and desktop websites. Google probably gets the most complaints about that.

Dolphin HD has had a lot of these features for a while, however that browser is getting really bloated. If google can pack these in while maintaining the speed of the stock browser, that will be a real treat.

Pctx

Banned
Divvy said:
Dolphin HD has had a lot of these features for a while, however that browser is getting really bloated. If google can pack these in while maintaining the speed of the stock browser, that will be a real treat.
Exactly. I like to stick stock on browsers and dolphin hd is really buggy.

gcubed

Unknown Soldier said:
Wait, is there seriously no SD card slot? And they're not going to release a 64GB version of the phone?

the cloud!

anxious to see when we can get the HSPA+ version. May stick to ATT

gcubed

Technosteve said:
I think andy Ruben doesnt really know what hes doing with ux and that the new palm guy they brought in is a breath of fresh air.

not at all, thats why they brought him in, it was tech guys building an OS... and it showed.

Goldrush

Is the fast camera response a feature of the hardware or software? The lag on the Evo 3d is horrid. It'll be great if they would be able to fix this when (not if, hopefully) we get ICS.

Al-ibn Kermit

Questions:

Did they say anything about which carriers get it and when?

Is the GPU really the same as the SGX540 in the Nexus S but just with a higher clock speed?

Any hint of what the price is? It seems like it should be competitive with the Droid Razr.

BoboBrazil said:
so this phone won't work on sprint right?

It will probably officially come to Sprint around the beginning of summer when Sprint starts launching their LTE phones.

Very pleased to hear 4.0 will be coming to the Nexus S. I can't afford to keep up with new smartphones, so being one generation behind is OK if I get the same software more or less (can't do contracts).

Al-ibn Kermit said:
It will probably officially come to Sprint around the beginning of summer when Sprint starts launching their LTE phones.

Whoa, that's way too long. New Iphone and other nicer devices will be out by then. That's almost a year away.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Anybody know what kind of battery life we're looking at? The RAZR's battery life is pretty impressive. How does this stack up?

Top Bottom