• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

TheDiabolical

I didn't read my own avatar and now everyone knows I'm not too bright. :(
mckmas8808 said:
What does this say/mean? I'm at work and can't see it.

@romainguy

"With Android 4.0 you can use USB gamepads and HDMI to turn your Galaxy Nexus into a video games console!"

TheDiabolical said:
better come to AT&T, subsidized too.

if not........Galaxy S2 then wait for the ICS upgrade

I'm perfectly happy with the S2....but I want ICS and the higher res screen of the nexus.

other than that it seem like the galaxy nexus is like a S2.5

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
andycapps said:
I thought TIMN clarified with Google that it does close the apps. At first they reported that it just removed them from the list, and then they reported that they clarified and it does close them. I'll look for the link.

Edit, here we go:

Woot coolio, my complaining actually had an effect! :p

SimleuqiR

Bad_Boy said:
two questions. Does NFC work with a case on?

And, are there any galaxy nexus cases reported yet?
There is this phrase in Spanish "es el colmo" that I would use if we knew more about cases for the Prime than release date, price, and what carriers will have it. > _>

Shanadeus

Banned
Unknown Soldier said:
The dream is dead. One by one, disappointments piled up after the Nexus Tuna announcement.

- No SD card slot
- last generation GPU
- No 64 GB version

But the straw that broke the camels back is PenTile. PenTile is shit. I can't believe they are putting that shit in what is supposed to be Google's flagship Nexus phone. I will never buy a device with a PenTile display. Period.
No SD-card?
Why not just go with an iDevice then, the main attraction of non-apple phones is that I can expand the memory of them.

Shanadeus said:
No SD-card?
Why not just go with an iDevice then, the main attraction of non-apple phones is that I can expand the memory of them.

There are other quality choices if space is a concern. The Razr doesn't have the HD screen, but I dare you to notice when surfing youtube for videos of it in action. We don't know much about it as far as storage goes, but the HTC Rezound has a 4.3" 720P screen and a 1.5 GHz Qualcom processor (and an absurdly large extended battery). For me though, as long as it's $299 for 32 GB, I'll have no space issues with any phone. I have unlimited data on 4G LTE and Google is almost done uploading my 16,784 songs to the Google Music cloud.

killakiz

Unknown Soldier said:
The dream is dead. One by one, disappointments piled up after the Nexus Tuna announcement.

- No SD card slot
- last generation GPU
- No 64 GB version

But the straw that broke the camels back is PenTile. PenTile is shit. I can't believe they are putting that shit in what is supposed to be Google's flagship Nexus phone. I will never buy a device with a PenTile display. Period.

It's a developer device.... and SD cards are slow and lame.

kehs

Banned
I used to hate the fact that devices didn't have SD cards, but this was when the normal was having 512MB of storage to use.

Sixteen gigs minimum built in? Fuck an SD card.

giga

killakiz said:

Copernicus said:
I used to hate the fact that devices didn't have SD cards, but this was when the normal was having 512MB of storage to use.

Out, Apple fans.

Pctx

Banned
I think what's funny is that an SD card (really) is just the whip and cherry on top. If you don't get it, so what? Least you still got the hot fudge.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
SimleuqiR said:
There is this phrase in Spanish "es el colmo" that I would use if we knew more about cases for the Prime than release date, price, and what carriers will have it. > _>

I get what you're saying. And I'm with you. It's just there are a ton of times when manufactures have cases ready even before a phone is announced & released.

tino

Banned
Copernicus said:

You dont use sd slot because you dont have a good camera. Other people who want to review and upload photos from their SLR do.

Copernicus said:

<3 hot swappable SD cards, recording all DAT HD VIDEO

rozay

Banned
killakiz said:
It's easier to replace an SD card that goes bad than flash memory that goes bad and requires you to send your phone in for repair. Also, this isn't necessarily a developer device-the nexus S never was, and with the announcement of this phone it's vanished completely on google's site.

Also, lol @ recording 1080p video on 16gb of memory. There had better be higher capacity versions.

rozay said:
It's easier to replace an SD card that goes bad than flash memory that goes bad and requires you to send your phone in for repair. Also, this isn't necessarily a developer device-the nexus S never was, and with the announcement of this phone it's vanished completely on google's site.

Also, lol @ recording 1080p video on 16gb of memory. There had better be higher capacity versions.

Uploads to Google+ automatically. Don't have unlimited LTE data? Sucks to be you.

Circle T

rozay said:

You mean other than the 32GB version, that was announced at the same time?

Free 4G LTE tethering in stock 4.0?

I have a feeling Verizon will not be pleased with that.

If it makes it in there, this phone is worth its weight in gold.

rozay

Banned
Jamesfrom818 said:
Uploads to Google+ automatically. Don't have unlimited LTE data? Sucks to be you.
Genuine question, does this compress the video at all?

Circle T said:
You mean other than the 32GB version, that was announced at the same time?
You're right, I just checked the spec sheet they handed out and it's on there. I hope it's below $700 unlocked!

kirbybreezy said:

I believe that the Nexus S 4G requires a hotspot plan for tethering, it's likely the LTE version of this phone will too out of the box. Of course you can get around this if you're rooted, but not everyone will go through the trouble to do that.

Jamesfrom818 said:

I'll be interested to see what happens when they force all of us unlimited folk into tiered plans (and they will). By then, I'll be used to streaming music and video to my phone. With our OG Droids with only moderate use (no streaming... just websites, GPS, etc), my wife and I each get around 2.5 GB per month. With a 4G LTE phone, I can only imagine how much I'll use it. When they force us into the tier, they better have a better pricing model, or we might just shed a tear and go back down to dumb phones. I'm certainly not OK with paying $50 to $100 more per bill because Verizon thinks we're dumb enough to believe that using 6 GB of data costs them more than using 2 GB of data.

giga

kirbybreezy said:

It'll be built into the stock rom, but it'll require an additional plan when you try to turn it on. Verizon knows. They always know.

Just offhand, a buddy of mine is a manager at a Verizon store and he said that the Nexus will release Nov. 10, with preorders starting on Oct. 27.

No other info other than that... so, yeah.

Circle T

_RT_ said:
Where do you load the ROM from ?
The internal storage. On the 16GB version, there will likely be about 2-3GB set aside as system storage, and then the other 12-13GB are available for internal storage. When you mount the device using USB, that 13GBs shows up as just a normal USB drive, where you can load files onto, such as zips containing ROMs or other software.

blitz64

looks like the galaxy nexus ads are showing on neogaf. The ad shows up for me in this thread, android and ios related threads.

giga said:
It'll be built into the stock rom, but it'll require an additional plan when you try to turn it on. Verizon knows. They always know.
If they know, they haven't said shit about me using it for my internet for the past two weeks.

The only issue I have is that the connection cuts out while streaming a lot of content but that should be fixed as soon as the source for ICS is released and CM7 doesn't have to use a homemade RIL.

kirbybreezy said:

Even if this is the case, you're still going to be restricted by monthly caps unless you're on a grandfathered plan. I would love to cancel my home connection and just tether off LTE, but I know that's a pipe dream at this point. Who knows what the mobile/data/telecom provider landscape is going to look like in a few years, though. Google has all the pieces in place to crush the traditional players.

SimleuqiR

Pctx said:
Probably not.

tablethor_ls9lgr5tcB1qfc5ub.gif

Top Bottom